Arsonist Buff
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Arsonist Buff

1. ISO #1

Arsonist Buff

I think Arsonist is a wee bit underpowered. I've hosted 1000+ games with my saves and I feel like I understand how to make a balanced one by now. I only say this so that you don't write off my suggestion as some newbie throwing out suggestions because he got beat once on Arsonist and now thinks they suck.

My suggestion- Remove "Ignition always kills" checkbox and add "Immune to detection" checkbox. Just make the ignition always kills a default feature of the Arson.

If anything, the gosh darn Arsonist role should be immune to detection. SK and MM are easy to win in comparison to Arson. This is because Arsons need long games to win since typically only one person will die each night. This gives town invests a much greater chance of stumbling upon the Arson.

SK and MM both have an immune to detection checkbox, although I never see it used and for good reason. However, giving Arsonist detection immunity would revolutionize the role and make it on par with SK or MM effectiveness.

It would give Arsons the buff they need.

EDIT:

On second thought I can just make Sheriff not detect Arson heh..... looks like I fixed my own problem.

Well I can't delete the post so uhhhhhhh whatever do what you want with it =D
    Last edited by lawson; February 5th, 2015 at 07:53 PM.

2. ISO #2

Re: Arsonist Buff

Or just have invests in the game without sheriffs. As long as he dosn't kill he will just have trespassing I believe.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Joeajon View Post
    I find all killing neutrals are hard to win as, not just Arson.
    they are certainly harder than the team roles and evils who can win with other teams. But they're definitely doable. arson win is definitely the hardest tho.

I think more saves need to turn ignition kills target on. Makes arson wins much easier.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
    ignition kills target on. Makes arson wins much easier.
    This^

Really I do not think the Arson is the toughest win at all. With the way the Invest got nerfed he looks like any regular non-killing power role. There is an option for sheriffs to detect him and with Ignition kills targets he can get a potential 2kpn. Depending on how the setup looks it can be made to appear as if he is not in the game at all to begin with. The fact that he is hard to win is just a result of the popular saves in play. I see arson as one of the strongest if not the strongest neutral.

We could just as easily talk about how mason is a glorified citizen because so many hosts forget to set 'becomes leader if alone' on while allowing for a mason to spawn.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
    they are certainly harder than the team roles and evils who can win with other teams. But they're definitely doable. arson win is definitely the hardest tho.

I think more saves need to turn ignition kills target on. Makes arson wins much easier.
    No. Tell that to the noobs who don't know how to play MM. Or the MMs that visit someone and kill no one over and over and over. And if Night Sequence is on like so many like to have on nowadays, even if he doesn't get a kill off he is revealed. Arson isn't until he burns.

I have been in games where it's going along fairly well. We had killed an SK, a Mafia/Triad or two. Then burn for an instant 1v1 giving the Arsonist the win.
    None can stand against the coming Darkness...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWYCS6k1IOA
    Sometimes, the light can come from the darkest places...

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    That, is the point of Neutrals.
    Correct. Arsonist, along with Serial Killer and Mass Murderer are not supposed to win as much as Town or Mafia.
    In my opinion Town and Mafia (and extension Triad) should each win about 45% of the time. With the last 10% split between Neutrals.

10. ISO #10

game is usually at its ending on day 4-5 in most games im in. but i start trialing everyone on day 2 to hear out roles from everyone and the games where town goes along with it, its fairly simple

and if mafia / triad or SK hits you when ur arso and you never claim to be healed it wont take long. until they say it when they get lynched that you survived their attack etc and then you end up with a poor role / LW when all the attention is on you.
    I WILL NOT POST ADVERTISEMENTS IN MY SIGNATURE.

11. ISO #11

Having recently played arsonist, I think the current settings allow for a pretty good game. You can burn players your target visits which you could not do before.
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓