M-FM XXIV Civilization Gamethread
Register

User Tag List

View Poll Results: PLAYER'S CHOICE AWARD!

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4pics1word/Noctiz

1 11.11%
  • Piano Tiles/Ika

0 0%
  • Bloons TD/Louiswill

0 0%
  • Words with Friends/Titus

2 22.22%
  • SnapChat/Banshis

0 0%
  • Fall Down/Helios

0 0%
  • iFunny/xRavenx

0 0%
  • Candy Crush Saga/Bahkieh

1 11.11%
  • QuizUp/Fontisian

0 0%
  • Tapatalk/Gyver

1 11.11%
  • Cut the Rope/MathBlade

0 0%
  • Flappy Bird/ThinkLiveLife

0 0%
  • Instagram/42shadow42

0 0%
  • Temple Run/Fatalis

0 0%
  • Angry Birds/Suzanne

0 0%
  • Clash of Clans/Citrus

0 0%
  • 2048/Apocist

0 0%
  • Vine/Nicole

0 0%
  • Kik/Gerik

4 44.44%
  • Fruit Ninja/deathworlds

0 0%
Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #1

M-FM XXIV Civilization Gamethread

Day 1 - New York

Since the massacre at Paris, the peaceful nations found it hard to establish long-term relationships with other nations. Foolishly but wisely, the leaders concentrated their time on the home front, ignoring the world stage. But as the future taught us, if there was a keystone ingredient for progress, it was international cooperation.

So a global meeting at New York was called. Everyone answered the call, for failing to attend would surely result in denouncements and wars. The sharper Peaceseekers perceived this meant the warmongers and killers are among them. The Warmongers perceived this meant they can claim the world for themselves. The Doomsday Killer perceived this meant he can bring back Armageddon. As for the Researcher, he's content that there are others on the world stage to share his inventions with.

As you attempt to fulfill your purpose in the United Nations, don't forget to keep your subjects happy and your infrastructure updated.

Living players:
    Flappy Bird
    iFunny
    Kik
    Bloons TD
    Instagram
    SnapChat
    Angry Birds
    QuizUp
    Clash of Clans
    4pics1word
    Candy Crush Saga
    Cut The Rope
    Fruit Ninja
    Temple Run
    Words with Friends
    Tapatalk
    Vine
    Piano Tiles
    Fall Down

11 votes to hammer.

Setup link: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...-Civilization?
    Day 1 will open at: https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i...+5%3A00+PM+PST
    Day 1 will end at: https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i...+5%3A00+PM+PST
    Last edited by King Terenas Menethil; June 18th, 2014 at 12:19 PM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: M-FM Civilization

Buckle up ladies, because Tippensprechen isn't waiting till halfway through day 1 to inject serious discussion right into this thread's testicles.

Kick-ass Topic 1: Wonders
    Wonders are pretty kick-ass and I'm adamant many of you are interesting in using them to compensate for your small... population. I believe everyone can agree that is it in the interest of peace to avoid wonder-sniping another peaceful(resulting in the loss of 25% of their production). The problem is that announcing that your plan to build a wonder would be down right retarded.

DO NOT ANNOUNCE THAT YOU PLAN TO BUILD A WONDER.
    You might as well walk up to Hitler and show him your circumcised dick.

Kick-ass Topic 2: Day 1 Lynch
    Detainers and Jailors are both nationally a lazy, do nothing people and can only jail a target on a no-lynch day. Lynches are sick nasty and history is my bitch as non-lynch days are extremely rare in older M-FMs and almost entirely found on the first day or in the endgame. If a Detainer is going to have a change to kill someone before his mid-game siesta it will have to be done tonight. During the interim between Day 1 and end game, if the Detainer survives, he will have the opportunity to build a school and gain another kill charge so he won't be impotent.

Kick-ass Topic 3: Helicopter Party
    As a gesture of good-will and openness we should all drop-trow and wave our dicks around to show we have nothing to hide from each other.
    Spoiler : You know what it is :
    YOU DIDN'T KNOW WHAT IT WAS

Kick-ass Topic 4: Forges and Factories
    I crunched some numbers and for the first 6 nights, it is more efficient to forgo building a forge. First 7 nights for the Factory. In the below graph production used to build a forge is listed in red, production used to build a factory is listed in yellow.

A peaceful rushing a factory killed on or before night 4 will waste 100% of their production.
    Peacefuls for whom happiness and action buildings are useless should jump straight to a wonder or international project.

Kick-ass Topic 5: Kick-ass Topic 3
    Seriously, we should Helicopter.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Read up on the production stuff everyone.

tl;dr:

Everyone gains 6 production every night; if you don't use production one night half is saved for the following night
    Using production is an additional night action everyone has

If there is a tie for most production in an international production, how is the most-contribution benefit given? Randomly or to all with most production?

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by Clash of Clans View Post
    Read up on the production stuff everyone.

tl;dr:

Everyone gains 6 production every night; if you don't use production one night half is saved for the following night
    Using production is an additional night action everyone has

If there is a tie for most production in an international production, how is the most-contribution benefit given? Randomly or to all with most production?
    Random.

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

Town should not be building Forge/Factory per Tapatalk's number-crunch.

If you are a TPR, there are more important buildings to make
    If you are Citizen, you shouldn't be playing to live to Night 6 on. Die for thy betters!

Hunger Games production and Extraterrestrial Civ seem pretty pro-town. Additionally, it is publicly revealed whether they have been completed.

For Hunger Games, once it's produced can we buy the auto-vest at anytime or only when it is first produced?

I HAVE A PROPOSAL

All Town Citizen Peacefuls should spend all 6 of their production on ExtraTerrestrial Civilization.

If it is not completed tonight, we know we have less than 10 citizens. This gives 2 extra production to all our citizens. Even if scum jump in to do this, they lose out on building anything else AND there are more town than scum that can gain the extra production.

Thoughts?

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by 2048 View Post
    As for International Projects, non-peacefuls will most surely want to be the top contributor of Extraterrestrial Colonization. That way a townie isn't verified against them.
    Yes, which is why Peacefuls should rush the International Projects and Wonders. If warmongers use two night actions they will lose happiness and won't be able out produce the Peacefuls.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

17. ISO #17

Okay, for a plan I believe we should set prioritys on who to eliminate first.

1. Doomsday Killer
    2. Killing Warmongers
    3. Supportive/Manipulative Warmongers
    4. Investigative Warmongers
    5. Researcher

We should try and eliminate the Doomsday Killer as soon as possible, because if we kill the Warmongers first then the Doomsday Killer gets an extra kill.

18. ISO #18

Quote Originally Posted by Clash of Clans View Post
    Town should not be building Forge/Factory per Tapatalk's number-crunch.

If you are a TPR, there are more important buildings to make
    If you are Citizen, you shouldn't be playing to live to Night 6 on. Die for thy betters!

Hunger Games production and Extraterrestrial Civ seem pretty pro-town. Additionally, it is publicly revealed whether they have been completed.

For Hunger Games, once it's produced can we buy the auto-vest at anytime or only when it is first produced?

I HAVE A PROPOSAL

All Town Citizen Peacefuls should spend all 6 of their production on ExtraTerrestrial Civilization.

If it is not completed tonight, we know we have less than 10 citizens. This gives 2 extra production to all our citizens. Even if scum jump in to do this, they lose out on building anything else AND there are more town than scum that can gain the extra production.

Thoughts?
    Anytime.

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

Quote Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja View Post

1. Doomsday Killer
    2. Killing Warmongers
    5. Researcher

We should try and eliminate the Doomsday Killer as soon as possible, because if we kill the Warmongers first then the Doomsday Killer gets an extra kill.
    It's more of a deal of finding any non-town....in general..

21. ISO #21

1. Doomsday Killer
    2. Killing Warmongers
    5. Researcher

Actually it doesn't really matter, sure it would be nice if we killed Doomsday Killer first, however if we still kill all of the Warmongers first, that would be -1 KPN due to Wars gone, but +1 KPN due to Doomsday.

Also however, if Warmongers are killed, their night actions could have normally been wasted on the Doomsday Killer, another possible -1 KPN is removed. So yes, ideally Doomsday should be the first to go, but let's not let that prevent scummy lynches.

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

1. Doomsday Killer
    2. Killing Warmongers
    5. Researcher

At this point in the game I consider a Nuclear more dangerous to Peace than the Researcher.

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

In the setup is says roles are randomized, do Peacefuls have a higher chance of appearing or not?
    I can tell you with reasonable certainty that the host will reply with "No Comment".

You aren't meant to know. But it is my assumption that there will be few if any Peacefuls among the random roles.

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

Morning. And discussion sounds awesome. I'm just going to need some clarifications on a few things.
    TapATalk
    Kick Ass Topic 1:
    This makes sense. I love this idea. Trust me. If I had a dick I wouldn't be waving it around for all to see.

Kick Ass Topic 2:
    Just because people have abilities doesn't always mean they should be used. I'd leave it up to the role in question. My God this almost sounds like advocating a no lynch and having a fuck tun of chaos. Not cool man. I'd rather try to find the Warmongers or Serial Killer and lynch them if we can. There are role with and without powers. The more we can let townies build happiness we win. If the person uses their powers, then they alter strategy accordingly.

I'm almost wondering if this is a scumslip because how would anyone assume there is or is not a Detainer/Jailer in the game. There were a fuck ton of roles out there and if we play on the assumption that a certain role is out there this can spell disaster.

Kick Ass Point 3:
    Again, no dick here so nothing to wave around. Just keep it in your pants won't you.

Kick Ass Point 4:
    This assumes the game goes on for 8 nights. It's quite possible with scum and an SK that there could be two night kills every night. If we lynch a townie during that day we could lose 3 players every night. 20-3 (day/night 1)=17-3(day/night 2)=14-3(day/night 3)=11-3(day/night 4) = 8. So we are guaranteed at least 4 days but it is a serious gamble that a player would be here for 8 nights. Just guessing we're probably looking at 6-7 at best, especially if/when guns or vests come into play.

Oh and also your math is wrong. For the No Forge/No Factory column -- 9 times 6 is 54. Let's just say I hate small errors.
    I also disagree with happiness buildings being useless for someone regardless of whether or not they have a power. We need the peacefuls to not jester. If anyone jesters we are in trouble because it helps the scum. Good lord. Having every peaceful on a fucking wonder is goddamn suicide for us because then if they get actioned to have -1 happiness while building it's called SCREWED.

Kick Ass Point 5:

If you wish to flash yourself...I will be far...far away from your trolling ass enjoying a beer, because if those were actual suggestions they are ridiculous.

Clash of Clans
    I disagree with your proposal. For one thing it lets scum hurt us on the happiness mechanic. Especially if any townie uses powers tonight.
    We also have no idea how much production until completion on each International Project and Extraterrestrial Colonization doesn’t reveal the top contributor. The rules specifically state:
    International Projects -- The production costs on these are intensely high, so much that only by working together can they be completed. Productions spent on International Projects are pooled together until they are finished. Each I.P. can only be built one time the entire game. Extraneous production will not be refunded, but will count towards your contribution. Top contributor will be revealed for all, EXCEPT Extraterrestrial Colonization.

And in the question thread the mods confirm we don’t get top contributor.
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...l=1#post448697

So we won’t even get a single conf townie and I think the mod did not update the paragraph like MathBlade asked in this post https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...l=1#post448984

Again not so much loving this plan either.

Mods can you please confirm if TOP contributor is revealed for the Extraterrestrial Colonization project as I believe it won’t be?

Instead we need to make sure to keep our happiness and other production up. I may or may not perform these actions but by God I’m not going to telegraph to scum what I am doing. It's also possible that scum may contribute to get the minor benefit but not the major. I think the focus has to be on scum hunting first and mechanics second.

All
    I think announcing any plan would be harmful because them scum can counter in the night phase. I’m not planning on sharing what I’m doing tonight unless I get a really good argument as to why. So far these ones don't hold weight to me.

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

Quote Originally Posted by Cut the Rope View Post
    Morning. And discussion sounds awesome. I'm just going to need some clarifications on a few things.
    TapATalk
    Kick Ass Topic 1:
    This makes sense. I love this idea. Trust me. If I had a dick I wouldn't be waving it around for all to see.

Kick Ass Topic 2:
    Just because people have abilities doesn't always mean they should be used. I'd leave it up to the role in question. My God this almost sounds like advocating a no lynch and having a fuck tun of chaos. Not cool man. I'd rather try to find the Warmongers or Serial Killer and lynch them if we can. There are role with and without powers. The more we can let townies build happiness we win. If the person uses their powers, then they alter strategy accordingly.

I'm almost wondering if this is a scumslip because how would anyone assume there is or is not a Detainer/Jailer in the game. There were a fuck ton of roles out there and if we play on the assumption that a certain role is out there this can spell disaster.

Kick Ass Point 3:
    Again, no dick here so nothing to wave around. Just keep it in your pants won't you.

Kick Ass Point 4:
    This assumes the game goes on for 8 nights. It's quite possible with scum and an SK that there could be two night kills every night. If we lynch a townie during that day we could lose 3 players every night. 20-3 (day/night 1)=17-3(day/night 2)=14-3(day/night 3)=11-3(day/night 4) = 8. So we are guaranteed at least 4 days but it is a serious gamble that a player would be here for 8 nights. Just guessing we're probably looking at 6-7 at best, especially if/when guns or vests come into play.

Oh and also your math is wrong. For the No Forge/No Factory column -- 9 times 6 is 54. Let's just say I hate small errors.
    I also disagree with happiness buildings being useless for someone regardless of whether or not they have a power. We need the peacefuls to not jester. If anyone jesters we are in trouble because it helps the scum. Good lord. Having every peaceful on a fucking wonder is goddamn suicide for us because then if they get actioned to have -1 happiness while building it's called SCREWED.

Kick Ass Point 5:

If you wish to flash yourself...I will be far...far away from your trolling ass enjoying a beer, because if those were actual suggestions they are ridiculous.

Orange - I'm confused and irritated by your response. I don't know how you came to that conclusion from what I wrote.

Blue - Peacefuls do not have night actions to gain unhappiness. A cultural would have to visit a peaceful 4 times to turn a peaceful into a jester.

Yellow - Topic three was obviously meant a joke and five was a four word reference to three. As one, two and four were entirely serious discussion points I find myself once again confused and irritated trying to figure out what exactly you are saying here?

35. ISO #35

Quote Originally Posted by Tapatalk View Post
    Orange - I'm confused and irritated by your response. I don't know how you came to that conclusion from what I wrote.

Blue - Peacefuls do not have night actions to gain unhappiness. A cultural would have to visit a peaceful 4 times to turn a peaceful into a jester.

Yellow - Topic three was obviously meant a joke and five was a four word reference to three. As one, two and four were entirely serious discussion points I find myself once again confused and irritated trying to figure out what exactly you are saying here?
    I'll keep your labels I just hate coloring makes shit hard to read sometimes.

Point 1 Orange) Did I miss something? I believe you suggested for the Detainer/Jailer to use their power. To do that requires a no lynch like you said. I'm for scum hunting instead and if we come to no lynch through the natural flow then we do but I think if we do then we lose a chance to catch scum.

Point 2 Blue) I agree with that peacefuls do not have "actions" to use. Culturals are not the only thing that can decrease a players happiness though. Lots of roles add/steal happiness and it is only 3 times before they become a Jester as players start off with 0. If they get to -3 they become a Jester.

Point 3 Yellow) I'm not trying to do anything. I was just responding to your discussion. I'm sorry if you are irritated I just disagree with what your plan is and prefer my not advertise to scum what I'm doing plan. And unless someone can explain to me how there's something better, I'm not sharing.

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

I'll keep your labels I just hate coloring makes shit hard to read sometimes.

Point 1 Orange) Did I miss something? I believe you suggested for the Detainer/Jailer to use their power. To do that requires a no lynch like you said. I'm for scum hunting instead and if we come to no lynch through the natural flow then we do but I think if we do then we lose a chance to catch scum.

Point 2 Blue) I agree with that peacefuls do not have "actions" to use. Culturals are not the only thing that can decrease a players happiness though. Lots of roles add/steal happiness and it is only 3 times before they become a Jester as players start off with 0. If they get to -3 they become a Jester.

Point 3 Yellow) I'm not trying to do anything. I was just responding to your discussion. I'm sorry if you are irritated I just disagree with what your plan is and prefer my not advertise to scum what I'm doing plan. And unless someone can explain to me how there's something better, I'm not sharing.
    1. It was the opposite, I was suggesting even taking a risky lynch today to prevent the detainer from being able to use his 1 kill.

2. Please list the other ways a Peaceful can lose happiness. The setup page says "All nations start with 1 Happiness."

38. ISO #38

Mods can you please confirm if TOP contributor is revealed for the Extraterrestrial Colonization project as I believe it won’t be?
    Both the paragraph and the section on Extraterrestrial are in conflict so I would prefer to have a clarification from the mod if you don't mind. It would make things clearer.
    The top contributor for Extraterrestrial Colonization will only be revealed if Peaceseeker alignment. This confirms the person as Town. If that person is not town, the top contributor will not be revealed publicly, keeping them hidden.

39. ISO #39

Quote Originally Posted by Set up
    All nations start with 1 Happiness. Using a night action (guns and vests included) lowers your happiness by 1 for each action including additional night actions (ex: Jailors). If you are NOT a Peaceful, you will gain 1 Happiness for nights that you don't take any action. Certain things happen depending on your roles when your Happiness is high, and when your Happiness is low (negative Happiness = positive Unhappiness). It's possible for Happiness to be 0, in which case it'll be referred to as 0 Happiness. There are roles and production factors that can help your happiness levels. Jesters are immune to any happiness benefits or detriments. Happiness effects are NOT cumulative. Unhappiness effects ARE cumulative.
    So yeah one happiness.

40. ISO #40

41. ISO #41

42. ISO #42

43. ISO #43

44. ISO #44

Filibuster
    At night, you may visit another player and talk all night, causing them to be role blocked and production blocked. Immune to other roleblocks. 3 usages.
    Jailor
    During the day, you may target a player to kidnap them. At night, if no lynch took place the previous day, you will share a night chat with them, separating them from their night chat if they have one, roleblocking and protecting them from night death. You may choose to execute them, but this action is only accepted if you type "-EXECUTE" in bold red print in the jail chat. 1 execution allowed.
    I'm assuming no.

Edit: Damn you United Nations....

45. ISO #45

46. ISO #46

Quote Originally Posted by 2048 View Post
    It was stated at building/production is a additional night action.

If this is the case, can we still assign production if we are roleblocked/jailed?
    I had assumed that was a syntactical misstep by the mods.

I believed this because it would be impossible to attain positive happiness. You would through yourself much further into the hole building a happiness structure.

Does building/production cause unhappiness?

If so, will a player that does a standard action and building/production gain 2 unhappiness for the night?

47. ISO #47

48. ISO #48

49. ISO #49

Quote Originally Posted by Tapatalk View Post
    1. It was the opposite, I was suggesting even taking a risky lynch today to prevent the detainer from being able to use his 1 kill.

2. Please list the other ways a Peaceful can lose happiness. The setup page says "All nations start with 1 Happiness."
    1. Ah sorry for my misunderstanding then.
    If they use a power granted to them. For example if a researcher has X of 1.
    If they use a gun given by a crafter.
    If they use a power given by a wonder this may or may not cause a peaceful to lose happiness.
    There could also be things I haven't thought of.

50. ISO #50