M-FM XXIV Civilization Gamethread - Page 12
Register

User Tag List

View Poll Results: PLAYER'S CHOICE AWARD!

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4pics1word/Noctiz

1 11.11%
  • Piano Tiles/Ika

0 0%
  • Bloons TD/Louiswill

0 0%
  • Words with Friends/Titus

2 22.22%
  • SnapChat/Banshis

0 0%
  • Fall Down/Helios

0 0%
  • iFunny/xRavenx

0 0%
  • Candy Crush Saga/Bahkieh

1 11.11%
  • QuizUp/Fontisian

0 0%
  • Tapatalk/Gyver

1 11.11%
  • Cut the Rope/MathBlade

0 0%
  • Flappy Bird/ThinkLiveLife

0 0%
  • Instagram/42shadow42

0 0%
  • Temple Run/Fatalis

0 0%
  • Angry Birds/Suzanne

0 0%
  • Clash of Clans/Citrus

0 0%
  • 2048/Apocist

0 0%
  • Vine/Nicole

0 0%
  • Kik/Gerik

4 44.44%
  • Fruit Ninja/deathworlds

0 0%
Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #551

Re: M-FM Civilization

Tapatalk post 1-9

Spoiler : 1: Mechanics :
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapatalk View Post
    Buckle up ladies, because Tippensprechen isn't waiting till halfway through day 1 to inject serious discussion right into this thread's testicles.

Kick-ass Topic 1: Wonders
    Wonders are pretty kick-ass and I'm adamant many of you are interesting in using them to compensate for your small... population. I believe everyone can agree that is it in the interest of peace to avoid wonder-sniping another peaceful(resulting in the loss of 25% of their production). The problem is that announcing that your plan to build a wonder would be down right retarded.

DO NOT ANNOUNCE THAT YOU PLAN TO BUILD A WONDER.
    You might as well walk up to Hitler and show him your circumcised dick.

Kick-ass Topic 2: Day 1 Lynch
    Detainers and Jailors are both nationally a lazy, do nothing people and can only jail a target on a no-lynch day. Lynches are sick nasty and history is my bitch as non-lynch days are extremely rare in older M-FMs and almost entirely found on the first day or in the endgame. If a Detainer is going to have a change to kill someone before his mid-game siesta it will have to be done tonight. During the interim between Day 1 and end game, if the Detainer survives, he will have the opportunity to build a school and gain another kill charge so he won't be impotent.

Kick-ass Topic 3: Helicopter Party
    As a gesture of good-will and openness we should all drop-trow and wave our dicks around to show we have nothing to hide from each other.
    Spoiler : You know what it is :
    YOU DIDN'T KNOW WHAT IT WAS

Kick-ass Topic 4: Forges and Factories
    I crunched some numbers and for the first 6 nights, it is more efficient to forgo building a forge. First 7 nights for the Factory. In the below graph production used to build a forge is listed in red, production used to build a factory is listed in yellow.

A peaceful rushing a factory killed on or before night 4 will waste 100% of their production.
    Peacefuls for whom happiness and action buildings are useless should jump straight to a wonder or international project.

Kick-ass Topic 5: Kick-ass Topic 3
    Seriously, we should Helicopter.

Spoiler : 2: Mechanics :
    Yes, which is why Peacefuls should rush the International Projects and Wonders. If warmongers use two night actions they will lose happiness and won't be able out produce the Peacefuls.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Spoiler : 3: Mechanics :
    At this point in the game I consider a Nuclear more dangerous to Peace than the Researcher.

Spoiler : 4: Role speculation :
    I can tell you with reasonable certainty that the host will reply with "No Comment".

You aren't meant to know. But it is my assumption that there will be few if any Peacefuls among the random roles.

Spoiler : 5: Mechanics :
    Orange - I'm confused and irritated by your response. I don't know how you came to that conclusion from what I wrote.

Blue - Peacefuls do not have night actions to gain unhappiness. A cultural would have to visit a peaceful 4 times to turn a peaceful into a jester.

Yellow - Topic three was obviously meant a joke and five was a four word reference to three. As one, two and four were entirely serious discussion points I find myself once again confused and irritated trying to figure out what exactly you are saying here?

Spoiler : 6: Mechanics :
    1. It was the opposite, I was suggesting even taking a risky lynch today to prevent the detainer from being able to use his 1 kill.

2. Please list the other ways a Peaceful can lose happiness. The setup page says "All nations start with 1 Happiness."

Spoiler : 7: Mechanics :
    I had assumed that was a syntactical misstep by the mods.

I believed this because it would be impossible to attain positive happiness. You would through yourself much further into the hole building a happiness structure.

Does building/production cause unhappiness?

If so, will a player that does a standard action and building/production gain 2 unhappiness for the night?

Spoiler : 8: Mechanics :
    Absolutely ridiculous.

Spoiler : 9: Mechanics :
    I hesitate to entertain you but on the off chance you're serious; A wonder is no where near as good as a Power Role, the warmongers will still avoid Peacefuls.

2. ISO #552

3. ISO #553

Tapatalk post 10-17

Spoiler : 10: Filler :
    I've never used tapatalk before so I doubt it.

Sent from my Microwave using Tapatalk

Spoiler : 11: Mechanics :
    Only one wonder makes any sense to apply to a class and that's the autovest one to the crafter. Otherwise the builder would either have to ensure the completion of the hunger games or reveal himself.

Spoiler : 12: Mechanics :
    Alternatively TPRs can skip their night action either tonight or tomorrow, and build full production to mass entertainment for tonight and N2 and on N3 they will have +4 happiness so that they can use their night action on N3 and N4 while only having used up a single charge by that point.

Spoiler : 13: Mechanics :

To reiterate, a TPR is more valuable than a wonder, if you aren't using your night ability then you may as well be a Peaceful

Sent from my Hobovan using Tapatalk

Spoiler : 14: Mechanics :
    The problem with assigning a wonder to a role is we don't know which roles are even in the game. It is possible there are 0 doctors, though likely.

Furthermore, you need to consider the short term. Power roles are better off building happiness structures to use their abilities as many times as possible before they die.

Spoiler : 15: Mechanics :

yes

Spoiler : 16: Mechanics :
    Care to rephrase that? I'm tripping balls and I'm having trouble parsing that.

Sent from my Walrus-Bear using Tapatalk

Spoiler : 17: "Scumhunting" :
    I support a fruit ninja lynch.
    Insistence on revealing what we've built is a means for warmongers to determine roles.
    I DO consider setting yourself to invisible a scummy action.
    The lynch priority post isn't so scummy because he's saying we should kill the NeutKiller first but because he's posting something irrelevant under the facade of posting something useful.

-vote Fruit Ninja

Sent from my Holo-Wife using Tapatalk

4. ISO #554

5. ISO #555

6. ISO #556

Tapatalk 18-24

Spoiler : 18: "Scumhunting" :
    Ah but that first instance is important. There are other ways scum can capitalize on invisibility but I'd prefer not to further incentivize it. Visibility also allows us to establish a pattern for activity as a preventative measure against future invisibility. If I know you're usually viewing the thread at a certain time I be confident you're avoiding posting even if you set yourself to invisible.

I constantly check this thread for updates but only post when I have something worth posting. I do not fear others seeing me online.

Sent from my assistant Jeff using Tapatalk

Spoiler : 19: "Scumhunting" :

Today is not a troll day. The majority of the posts today have been meaningful discussion in one way or another. While I don't think I've agreed with a single of Vine's suggestions I'm glad that she is making them. Despite her feigned ignorance, I have a town read on her.

Sent from the corpse of my assistant Jeff using Tapatalk

Spoiler : 20: Resource :
    I don't understand why hosts don't include this as a resource in their opening post. People without links haven't posted yet.

United Nations
    Flappy Bird
    iFunny
    Kik
    Bloons TD
    Instagram
    SnapChat
    Angry Birds
    QuizUp
    Clash of Clans
    4pics1word
    Candy Crush Saga
    Cut The Rope
    Fruit Ninja
    Temple Run
    Words with Friends
    Tapatalk
    Vine
    Piano Tiles
    Fall Down

Sent from the corpse of my assistant Jeff using Tapatalk

Spoiler : 21: Mechanics :

Not viable, using a vest costs happiness. Peacefuls have no way to constantly generate happiness and TPRs would have to forgo their primary night action to use the vest.

Sent from my new assistant Steve using Tapatalk

Spoiler : 22: Mechanics :

Sent from my still living assistant Steve using Tapatalk

Spoiler : 23: "Scumhunting" :
    Three hours till the end of the day, people have had 45 hours to post.

Blooms TD posted two pointless things in the first half hour and hasn't been heard from again, though he was viewing the thread this morning.

Snapchat had a particularly long hiatus but at least picked a side on the current lynch. Still woefully behind in terms of contributions.

Angry Birds made a single post yesterday where he agreed with one person and hasn't been heard from again

4pics1word with only 1 real contribution.

Piano Tiles with 3 posts, and all of them worthless.

Candy Crush Saga hasn't posted anything yet but I see him viewing this thread so he better speak up soon.

Flappy Bird basically shitting on the thread

iFunny, has an ok start with his first post, moments before this one but needs to keep it up
    and finally WordsWithFriends having posted absolutely nothing.

Then we also have the people that are afraid of having people see them online. The four presently invisible 2048, Fruit Ninja, iFunny and Instagram. Instagram who appeared to have turned himself invisible some time around when he made this post.

These people comprise my current shit-list for taking info from town, either by removing it or by refusing to give it via conversation.

Sent from my still medically living assistant Steve using Tapatalk

Spoiler : 24: "Scumhunting" :
    I've reread what I've written and I can definitely see my post on iFunny being interpreted as thinly veiled praise.

iFunny submitted his first post as I was about to submit mine. I read if and was glad to see something of substance rather than "I'm here more posts to come later". He needs to post a lot more substantive posts to make it off of the first part of my shit list. While being on the second part of my shit list for being invisible.

Sent from my vegetative assistant Jeff using Tapatalk

7. ISO #557

8. ISO #558

9. ISO #559

10. ISO #560

11. ISO #561

12. ISO #562

Quote Originally Posted by Vine View Post
    I'm Peaceful.
    Was lured.
    Current happiness +2.

*disappointed*
    Could someone explain this for me.

We start off with 1 Happiness. If she was lured then she lost 1 happiness and gained it back putting her at +1 happiness still. If lured doesn't take a happiness then she gained 1 happiness and another 1 happiness from the cultural because she took no action putting her at +3 happiness. Idk if I am missing something, but idk how she is at 2 happiness.

13. ISO #563

14. ISO #564

15. ISO #565

16. ISO #566

Quote Originally Posted by Snapchat View Post
    Could someone explain this for me.

We start off with 1 Happiness. If she was lured then she lost 1 happiness and gained it back putting her at +1 happiness still. If lured doesn't take a happiness then she gained 1 happiness and another 1 happiness from the cultural because she took no action putting her at +3 happiness. Idk if I am missing something, but idk how she is at 2 happiness.
    *glares at people ignoring question to have discussion besides mechanics*

Quote Originally Posted by setup
    Cultural
    You are immune to the detriments of Unhappiness. At night, you may visit a player to display a painting, forcing them to stay at home if they visited you AND visit another player to discuss music tours in your country, forcing them to visit you. The person you lured will gain 1 Happiness and the person you repelled will lose 1 Happiness, regardless of whether or not the ability was successful. 3 usages.
    Answer it?

17. ISO #567

18. ISO #568

19. ISO #569

20. ISO #570

Quote Originally Posted by Words with Friends View Post
    lured gains happiness so Vine is at 1 or 2 happiness.

piano, i have been trying.

both, reads so far? piano you have been rather quiet.
    Well even with her being lured I am hesitant to vote Vine. I just don't exactly feel like she killed Tapatalk. I could be obviously wrong and I will vote if needed.
    I'm still not a big fan of Fruit Ninja for day 1 buddying.

21. ISO #571

22. ISO #572

lured gains happiness so Vine is at 1 or 2 happiness.

piano, i have been trying.

both, reads so far? piano you have been rather quiet.
    Oh apparently I missed this. I have been quite more so that I am quite busy (work mostly). I haven't really read up on everything yet. Mostly what I have seen from everyone is this:

"Build this"

"No here's what we need to do"

"OMG THAT PLAN IS SCUMMY"

ect

Really I don't care overall who wants to speculate on what mechanics and roles and stuff, but anyone whose doing that is not getting town points from me. For me its a waste of my time and give me no info to work with in long run.

23. ISO #573

24. ISO #574

25. ISO #575

piano, even if it is a rehash you state where you are. rehash cannot be an evasion mechanism. give something or get on my shit list.
    ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………...__,,,---~''¯'\,
    ……………………_,,,----,…………………………………………………………………___,,,---~~''¯¯ . . . . . . ,/'
    …………….._,-~'¯ ; ; ; ; ;'\,----,……………………………………………………….,~'' . . . . . . . . . . __,-~~'¯
    ………,_,-~'¯; ; ; ; ;,-'¯¯¯'' '¯~'\,|,……………………………………………….._,-~' . . . . . . . ._,--~'''¯¯
    …… '¯¯; ; ; ; ; ;_. ,/' . . .¯'o~- '|…………………………………………_,-~-~'¯ . , . . . . ¯¯\, . . '\,
    ……¯¯,-~*_ . /' . '\| . . . . . . . .'\…………………………………_,-~*'¯,/',/' . . . . .¯¯¯'~----,,,\,,,, .'\,
    ………..¯¯--, .'\, . . . . . . ,--~-,' '|…………………………_,-~*'¯ ; ;;;;; | .| . . . . . . . . . . . : . .|¯'*| .|
    …………….."\,-'¯''|, . . .,/' ¯¯'-/'/………………….._,-~'¯¯; ; ;;;;;;;;;;;; '| .'| . . . . . . . . . .___,,--~'~''|
    ……………….| . . '\, . . '\,; ; ;|/'.__,-~~--,_,/'¯¯'~'¯; ; ;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; '|,'\, ---,_,,---~'''¯\\''~''''¯¯,--~/''
    ………………/'____ '''`~-,,,--~'''¯¯ ; ; ; ; ; /' ; ;;;;; ; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;'\, .'~-,,-~''~---~''''~---~~'''¯
    …………….,/'¯'\, . .¯¯,~';;;;;;; ; ;/' ; ; ; ; ; ;;;;;/ ; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;'~,--~''¯¯';,/'
    …………..,/',--,-~',_,~'' ;/';;;;;;;;;/';; ; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;'~-,_,/'/'
    ……….,,~'| /' /' . ,~'~-,;;;;;;;;;;;;|;; ;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ;,__,,,,,,-----~~'''¯
    ……,~'' ,/'/'/ : | .,/';;;,~';;;;;;;;;;;;'\,;;;;;; ; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;_,-~''¯¯
    ….,/' ;,/;;;|' : ,/';;-~' ¯¯¯ ;;;;;;;;;;''\, ; ; ;;;;;;; ;_,,,---~~'''¯¯
    …,|;;;;'|;;;| :,/';;,~' |;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; '\;;;;; ; ;;,/'
    …|';;;;;'|;;| /',~';;;;|';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;''~-~''¯/
    ..,|;|;;;;;\;||/';;;;;;;|';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;/' OBJECTION! THAT’S NOT A QUESTION
    ,/'|;'|;;;;;;,|';;;;;;;;|';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;; ; ;,/'
    ;;;|;|;;;;,|';;;;;;;;;;|';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; ; ;,/'
    ;;;|;|;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,/'
    ;;|';|;;;;|';;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; ; ; ; ;|'
    ;;| |;;;;'|;;;;;;;;;;;'|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; ; ; ; |'
    ;;| |;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; ; ; ; ; |
    ; | |;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; |
    /''| |;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; '|
    ..| |;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;'\,

Funny thing is, I'm taking a shit as I post this. When something catches my interest you will know. Reading a shit ton of post about mechanics and stupid crap is not worth my time.

So I'll take the shit list, or better yet the dip (as in weed) list.

26. ISO #576

vine, are you satire? a lookout parked on conftown will out any scum who kill conftown.

then why didn't you not object to clash's plan like a good townie? the investigative under your theory would have no results to pass. you also said townies object to ban plans. i am beginning to think you jyst want any public plan.

instagram, how did i answer my own question?
    You said yourself you are surprised the research didn't claim and try to coordinate with the town, because the research is not with us we need to assume the worst that he is against us.

27. ISO #577

28. ISO #578

Quote Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja View Post
    I'm not against you? Unless you are ze Doomsday Killer.
    Are you claiming researcher?

Regardless of that, just stating my opinion that Fruit Ninja is still as scummy as I thought him to be yesterday. I'd go with either a Vine or a Fruit Ninja lynch for today, both are strong candidates for being scum.

29. ISO #579

30. ISO #580

31. ISO #581

32. ISO #582

33. ISO #583

34. ISO #584

Hey guys, I think its a good time for a survey.

@Vine Voters
    1. Are you currently voting vine because he was lured to tapatalk?
    2. Are you currently voting vine because you scum read?
    3. Hypothetically, if I could prove that vine did not visit tapatalk would you still back the lynch?
    4. If you answered yes to 3. Who would you vote instead?

35. ISO #585

36. ISO #586

37. ISO #587

1. Are you currently voting vine because he was lured to tapatalk?

partially. vine also presents bad strategies, refuses to scumhunt outside of mechanics, pretends to be dumb, pulls the newbie card and omguses. vine's reads are intellectually flawed as well. lured just makes it more likely she's not town.
    2. Are you currently voting vine because you scum read?
    see 1.
    3. Hypothetically, if I could prove that vine did not visit tapatalk would you still back the lynch?
    yes. because that would mean she lied about being lured. on day 1, lynch all liars is usually good policy.
    4. If you answered yes to 3. Who would you vote instead?
    see above. however, if magical fairies confirmed vine as town, i'd likely vote someone who is active lurking.

38. ISO #588

39. ISO #589

40. ISO #590

41. ISO #591

42. ISO #592

43. ISO #593

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush Saga View Post
    Hello everyone. I will gladly be hammer for Vine when the time comes. Baaaaa and all that. Work in 5 hours. woohoo.

I received no feedback other than the "you are a confirmed townie"

21 2 8 23 9 26 24 25 26 21 9 26 12 is my code. I will decode it tomorrow to confirm on not disguised.
    everyone should do this because it is allowed. just post the answer in your first post.

44. ISO #594

45. ISO #595

46. ISO #596

Quote Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja View Post
    I'm not against you? Unless you are ze Doomsday Killer.
    Well with this he claimed Researcher which means 1. He isn't town and 2. He can side with mafia. We don't have much info on Vine and if she flips Peaceful then the doomsday killers gets 2 kills while this guy won't flip town and best case he is mafia or doomsday hiding behind a researcher claim or worst case we lynch a neutral that could potentially side with mafia. I feel like he is the best lynch to do
    -vote Fruit Ninja

47. ISO #597

48. ISO #598

49. ISO #599

50. ISO #600

Why you be clownen on my nigga Vine? Dat lynch iz straight up shit yo. Get off his nuts!

So heres da deal doe-
    I am in favor of keeping him alive for the moment regardless of his role. He talks a lot and actually stirs shit up. This means if he flips scum down the road there will be content to analyze. He is one of the only players throwing read charts out and is very critical of players who post a lot but say very little. The sheep bother me almost as much as the logic behind this push.