M-FM XXIV Civilization Gamethread - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

View Poll Results: PLAYER'S CHOICE AWARD!

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4pics1word/Noctiz

1 11.11%
  • Piano Tiles/Ika

0 0%
  • Bloons TD/Louiswill

0 0%
  • Words with Friends/Titus

2 22.22%
  • SnapChat/Banshis

0 0%
  • Fall Down/Helios

0 0%
  • iFunny/xRavenx

0 0%
  • Candy Crush Saga/Bahkieh

1 11.11%
  • QuizUp/Fontisian

0 0%
  • Tapatalk/Gyver

1 11.11%
  • Cut the Rope/MathBlade

0 0%
  • Flappy Bird/ThinkLiveLife

0 0%
  • Instagram/42shadow42

0 0%
  • Temple Run/Fatalis

0 0%
  • Angry Birds/Suzanne

0 0%
  • Clash of Clans/Citrus

0 0%
  • 2048/Apocist

0 0%
  • Vine/Nicole

0 0%
  • Kik/Gerik

4 44.44%
  • Fruit Ninja/deathworlds

0 0%
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #51

2. ISO #52

Re: M-FM Civilization

I know that keeping the production secret is probably a good idea, but given that an International Project is built, I think all should reveal how much production they put towards it once it's all said and done. This should weed out any liars, and those who did nothing could be seen as potential scum.

If production donated to an International Project goes over the limit needed, then where does the extra production spent go? Is there any way we're alerted to if production is over the needed amount? If so, is this public or private communication?

If there's no way we can know if something was spent too much, then saying that someone spent production on it would be useless. But otherwise, I think what I stated originally might be able to work.

Thoughts?

3. ISO #53

Quote Originally Posted by Fall Down View Post
    I know that keeping the production secret is probably a good idea, but given that an International Project is built, I think all should reveal how much production they put towards it once it's all said and done. This should weed out any liars, and those who did nothing could be seen as potential scum.
    I can see how liars can be potential scum, but those who didn't do anything? Those that don't head for Int Projects may just have other plans.

4. ISO #54

5. ISO #55

6. ISO #56

Quote Originally Posted by 2048 View Post
    I can see how liars can be potential scum, but those who didn't do anything? Those that don't head for Int Projects may just have other plans.
    It wouldn't paint black and white who scum is and who scum isn't, but I think that it would definitely help narrow it down. Now I see scum potentially helping build for the sake of looking inno, but then they would have to waste their production in order to try to guise themselves as this rather than making buildings for themselves.

7. ISO #57

If production donated to an International Project goes over the limit needed, then where does the extra production spent go? Is there any way we're alerted to if production is over the needed amount? If so, is this public or private communication?

If there's no way we can know if something was spent too much, then saying that someone spent production on it would be useless. But otherwise, I think what I stated originally might be able to work.

Thoughts?
    Extra production counts towards contribution but won't be refunded. It's just gone. Poof.
    You won't know how much you overshot or when it's too much. The project will just be completed the next day.

8. ISO #58

It wouldn't paint black and white who scum is and who scum isn't, but I think that it would definitely help narrow it down. Now I see scum potentially helping build for the sake of looking inno, but then they would have to waste their production in order to try to guise themselves as this rather than making buildings for themselves.
    Scum (or anyone) may just want to contribute for the additional production per night as well.

9. ISO #59

Thank God about the editing posts thing...Jesus don't scare me like that.

I won't agree to the plan because I won't reveal what I do. If I spend something on a project and it doesn't come to fruition I just say a few choice words in my head and move on. And like 2048 and myself said, contributing or not contributing to a project, doesn't give any information on alignment.

10. ISO #60

One last thought looking at the Set up: The Doomsday killer gains an extra kill if a Peaceful's lynched. So I think we have to weight the potential existence or lackthereof of Detainer vs potential chance that Doomsday could hit scum. I think if we have somewhat of an idea we should lynch, but other than that I'm a little nervous risking an extra kill get on the loose on the first day.

Ok, then never mind about my first idea. Scum could way too easily hide under that then.

11. ISO #61

12. ISO #62

13. ISO #63

14. ISO #64

15. ISO #65

Quote Originally Posted by Vine View Post
    It's called... setting the example, you silly.

*winks*

But really, won't it be great if all Peacefuls claimed, like... today? We are as important as any Peaceseeker, you know?
    OMG... stop talking...right now...

Just....no....That's beyond fucked up to have peacefuls claim right now...Just dear lord stop.

16. ISO #66

17. ISO #67

18. ISO #68

19. ISO #69

20. ISO #70

21. ISO #71

22. ISO #72

*frowns*

But why? Could you please, like... explain?
    I'm going to assume this is your first game of mafia. I hope it is. Below are two reasons but not the only reasons that exclude a mass vanilla townie claim.

1) Assuming all players claim honestly - If all the vanilla townies claim then this leaves the scum to pick off the power roles one by one with night kills. Or if serial killer is alive potentially more than one by one.

All scum+serial killer has to do is paint a mislynch on a player that is truly a peaceful and then the serial killer gets two kills the following night which makes towns job even harder.

2) Assuming the power roles/scum lie and claim peaceful - Nothing is gained and why do it in the first place.

It's like on regular games with power set up roles. NEVER EVER mass claim early. It gives scum a great way to plan to victory.

23. ISO #73

24. ISO #74

All Peacefuls should claim, so that, you know... Warmongers will be forced to kill us before we finish the Wonders. And the Doomsday Killer, like... cannot hide among us anymore.

*giggles*
    I sense someone feigning ignorance in some way here. It could be a Costa Rica gambit, but I highly doubt that someone would take a game like this and be 0% serious, especially when the idea is anti-town. Reason it's anti-town, playing along with your game here, is because this gives mafia a clear shot on who to kill. In theory, a Mass RC could narrow it down significantly, but our TPRs would be gone before anything could actually be verified, leaving us with basically no night evidence.

25. ISO #75

26. ISO #76

27. ISO #77

28. ISO #78

A good analogy to this would be gambits, pushing town discussion forward, etc. Yeah scum may to it to gain towncred. But at the end of the day it net helps the town, and strong scum-hunting and night actions can do the rest

*frowns*

But why? Could you please, like... explain?
    It's called... setting the example, you silly.

*winks*

But really, won't it be great if all Peacefuls claimed, like... today? We are as important as any Peaceseeker, you know?
    -vote Vine

If I'm reading correctly you're more experienced than you're letting off, and that was a horrible proposal from someone that has experience. You're preying on new players - what if a new player that rolled Peaceful went and claimed because of you? Yeah no

29. ISO #79

Plus, I feel that the ignorance here is over exaggerated. There's a difference between actual ignorance and taking it too far, and I think this is the latter.
    *glares*

Hmph! I'll have you know I can count!

Doomsday Killer kills

Before claims:
    14/19 (74% chance) to hit Town
    9/19 (47% chance) to hit Peaceseekers
    4/19 (21% chance) to hit Warmongers

After claims:
    9/14 (64% chance) to hit Peaceseekers
    4/14 (29% chance) to hit Warmongers
    Naughty Doomsday Killer cannot hide anymore.
    Peaceseeker actions are, like... more efficient.

30. ISO #80

Those of you that haven't, please set an Avatar. It helps differentiate players and it's a pretty important thing to do early on in D1

Quote Originally Posted by Cut the Rope View Post
    Clash of Clans
    I disagree with your proposal. For one thing it lets scum hurt us on the happiness mechanic. Especially if any townie uses powers tonight.
    We also have no idea how much production until completion on each International Project and Extraterrestrial Colonization doesn’t reveal the top contributor. The rules specifically state:
    International Projects -- The production costs on these are intensely high, so much that only by working together can they be completed. Productions spent on International Projects are pooled together until they are finished. Each I.P. can only be built one time the entire game. Extraneous production will not be refunded, but will count towards your contribution. Top contributor will be revealed for all, EXCEPT Extraterrestrial Colonization.

And in the question thread the mods confirm we don’t get top contributor.
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...l=1#post448697

So we won’t even get a single conf townie and I think the mod did not update the paragraph like MathBlade asked in this post https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...l=1#post448984

Again not so much loving this plan either.

Mods can you please confirm if TOP contributor is revealed for the Extraterrestrial Colonization project as I believe it won’t be?

Instead we need to make sure to keep our happiness and other production up. I may or may not perform these actions but by God I’m not going to telegraph to scum what I am doing. It's also possible that scum may contribute to get the minor benefit but not the major. I think the focus has to be on scum hunting first and mechanics second.

All
    I think announcing any plan would be harmful because them scum can counter in the night phase. I’m not planning on sharing what I’m doing tonight unless I get a really good argument as to why. So far these ones don't hold weight to me.
    Thank you for being the only one to respond to my proposal. This idea was before the mods said we can buy a vest after Hunger Games at any time so I thought that would be a useless world wonder D1.

We do know that if all the Peacefuls put 6 production towards it they should be completed, or we have less than 10 citizens. Scum either contribute towards the production and thereby set a fake-claim of Peaceful, or we have a hard number of 9 as the max number of citizens.

Additionally, max contributor of extraterrestrial is mod-confirmed town if they are town. If all peacefuls put 6 production in tonight and it's produced, there's a very high chance it will be a citizen revealed. That forces scum to night kill vanilla confirmed town or search for TPRs, leaving the other alive which net helps the town.

So 1) Unless the RNG hates us we will get a confirmed town citizen revealed 2) it boosts the power of all citizens throughout the game for production 3) Scum are forced to play along or be in a worse lying position later

Keep in mind the extra 2 production means we can differentiate anyone that significantly contributed to the project. Any TPRs that think the extra production is worth it for them in the long-run can throw in 4 production tonight as well. Yes scum can do that too, but I think that net benefits town the most.

31. ISO #81

32. ISO #82

Vine, I think this sounds like someone on another forum I know of would do. Are you trying to meta copy? I really want an explanation for this but you may be new. When I first played I did some really stupid stuff so I want to give you a chance.

Notice how the peace seekers are easier to hit ...And yes the doomsday killer can still hide. You are relying on people being honest.

@Clash of Clans - I'll look for one. I was trying to avoid changing the account as much as possible.

33. ISO #83

*glares*

Doomsday Killer kills

Before claims:

After claims:
    lol

34. ISO #84

*glares*

Doomsday Killer kills

Before claims:

After claims:
    You provide no explanation to your numbers here. First off, why did the number go from 19 to 14? Second off, everyone would just claim Cit because they don't want to be shot by mafia or if they're scum they're going to want to hide.

You didn't exactly deny my accusation either... so I'm taking that as a confirmation of it.

35. ISO #85

36. ISO #86

Oh yeah and saying that "you'll have me know you can count" adds more to this whole scene you're setting up. It's so obvious it's kind of funny xD I'm willing to let you play your WIFOM games for now, but at least try to be productive while you're at it.

And now "blows a raspberry". You're digging your hole of non-credibility deeper and deeper :/

37. ISO #87

I sense someone feigning ignorance in some way here. It could be a Costa Rica gambit, but I highly doubt that someone would take a game like this and be 0% serious, especially when the idea is anti-town. Reason it's anti-town, playing along with your game here, is because this gives mafia a clear shot on who to kill. In theory, a Mass RC could narrow it down significantly, but our TPRs would be gone before anything could actually be verified, leaving us with basically no night evidence.
    What is Costa Rica gambit? And I am serious!

Why do you need night evidence when it's scum versus five confirmed Peacefuls?

38. ISO #88

39. ISO #89

What is Costa Rica gambit? And I am serious!

Why do you need night evidence when it's scum versus five confirmed Peacefuls?
    Wait, I meant South Korea. I doubt that'll clear much up but South Korea.

I'm not saying you are scum at all Vine, I'm saying that by the statements you're making and to me the apparent disregard of day, I'm having a hard time taking you seriously. Sorry, it's the truth. I'd recommend cut it out with the RP and at least try to act a little serious. And back up your claims with evidence as well.

40. ISO #90

41. ISO #91

Basically the South Korea gambit was a user named "South Korea" in the previous FM played in a somewhat similar fashion where they acted scummy on purpose and like they were making quite useless posts, but not enough for real suspicion to be shed on him. Too scummy to be killed by mafia, not scummy enough to be killed by Town. Turns out, he was a powerful role, Vigilante. This deliberate act of acting on the edge of scummy but not complete FOS is what I'm saying you're doing right now.

42. ISO #92

43. ISO #93

44. ISO #94

Quote Originally Posted by Cut the Rope View Post
    Vine, I think this sounds like someone on another forum I know of would do. Are you trying to meta copy? I really want an explanation for this but you may be new. When I first played I did some really stupid stuff so I want to give you a chance.

Notice how the peace seekers are easier to hit ...And yes the doomsday killer can still hide. You are relying on people being honest.

@Clash of Clans - I'll look for one. I was trying to avoid changing the account as much as possible.

-vote Vine

You ignored this post and are seemingly copying meta of a player on a different forum...This all feels very fake to me. Depending on the response I may move my vote but I want some explanations.

45. ISO #95

46. ISO #96

47. ISO #97

48. ISO #98

49. ISO #99

50. ISO #100