1. ISO #1

Night Sequence

I know plenty of people hate this fucking shit

But I love it
    here's why:

1. it gives a shit-ton of info to informed ears
    a. night immune or doctor healing?
    b. disguiser? or janitor?
    c. did MM SK or Arsonist attack? (even if they dont successfully kill)
    d. how many attacks there were
    e. I'm sure there are others I cannot think of right now.

2. it sounds hella cool to me (VANQUISH!) and I have more than 1k fucking games played

the only major cons of night sequence are that it can mess up certain strategies and last too long if many people die

ex: a mass murderer waiting till later to reveal his presence and make town think Neutral Killer is an arsonist will be revealed once he attempts to mass-kill
    ex: a disguiser fails his disguise

but then again, half the people play with sound muted, so they cant take advantage of all the shtuff that you can gather from night sequence, so they turn it off.
    ugh.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Re: Night Sequence

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLing View Post
    I know plenty of people hate this fucking shit

But I love it
    here's why:

1. it gives a shit-ton of info to informed ears
    a. night immune or doctor healing?
    b. disguiser? or janitor?
    c. did MM SK or Arsonist attack? (even if they dont successfully kill)
    d. how many attacks there were
    e. I'm sure there are others I cannot think of right now.

2. it sounds hella cool to me (VANQUISH!) and I have more than 1k fucking games played

the only major cons of night sequence are that it can mess up certain strategies and last too long if many people die

ex: a mass murderer waiting till later to reveal his presence and make town think Neutral Killer is an arsonist will be revealed once he attempts to mass-kill
    ex: a disguiser fails his disguise

but then again, half the people play with sound muted, so they cant take advantage of all the shtuff that you can gather from night sequence, so they turn it off.
    ugh.
    Anyone who needs night sequence to play needs to uninstall SC2. Worst feature in SC2 Mafia by far.

"OH I CAN HEAR A DISGUISER"
    "OH I HEARD SOME GET ATTACKED BUT NOT DIE"

l2read. Reading is more than enough. Huge waste of time. Double the lengths of games and is disturbingly loud and repetitive. I mute every game with night sequence on. Then, if I'm watching TV or doing other things, I often suck, because I can't hear events happen... which is a fair trade over the ceaselessly annoying and volume un-leveled sounds that do nothing but waste time and annoy the ears.

Worst feature in the game by far. Can't stress this enough. Needs removed, then the game would be near perfect.

In all honesty, night sequence is the main reason I play less and less. Worse than troll saves/SOTD--and usually a part of troll saves as well.

Also, a swift fix for the night sequence problem is to simply add the minimal bit of additional info in text after each night (such as: "a mass murderer was heard", "a disguiser was heard", "a doctor was heard"... except jazz up the text in the style of the game as DR does).

PROBLEM SOLVED. HUGE, GIANT, TIME-WASTING PROBLEM = SOLVED.
    Last edited by Account; February 27th, 2014 at 02:09 PM.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

it's only time wasted because you probably have bad speakers,,,

I have my sound quality on high, and it never gets old hearing a mass murderer shred 3 people to bits

Ever.

sorry bro, not uninstalling sc2

I do agree with your idea for night event descriptions

but I would use that and night sequence together in my own saves probably

im sorry dude, you say night sequence sucks ass and is the thing that takes away from your experience but for me it
    is a central part of my experience with this game, I can do without it. but I will probably play mafia less and less.

so you see, if dark revenant removed a feature simply because people are easily annoyed these days
    it would be pretty stupid.

I think the death event descriptions "a mass murderer was heard"
    should only happen if night sequence is enabled, thus people that utterly hate night sequence can play the game muted and have no problem

honestly there are ways for everyone to come out of this happy.
    Last edited by ShadowLing; February 27th, 2014 at 05:48 PM.

8. ISO #8

I have one of the best sound setups known to gaming mankind. I'm a GM player. I must hear everything.

However, the idiotic sounds that enhance 50% in decibel scale EXCLUSIVELY for night sounds and the "psionic storm" sound we all have to hear all the time is why I mute every game with night sequence enabled.

It is truly unnecessary and annoying shit as of the first ten games I ever played. I'm in the several-thousands now, and it's just as unnecessary and exponentially more annoying.

Not all of us do copious amounts of drugs that make us go "OOOOOO KEEEWWWWWL" every time we hear the shit noise in night sequence.
    Last edited by Account; February 27th, 2014 at 07:40 PM.

9. ISO #9