New Role: False Prophet (READ THIS IT'S FUCKING AMAZING)
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Lightbulb New Role: False Prophet (READ THIS IT'S FUCKING AMAZING)

Title- False Prophet
    Alignment- CULT
    Abilities- (1)EVERY Night You must visit one person and attempt to have them take the MARK OF THE BEAST(this is the action that happens if witched)
    On nights 3 or 5 you can instead (excluding night one) Fear Someone, You can only fear one person (the counterpart to messiah's enlighten)
    nights 3 and 6 you Cause whoever you visit temporary insanity (another counterplay to this but by virtue of him dying by visiting the messiah, it is impossible to cause the messiah to go insane)

special attributes- everyone you visit who takes the mark of the beast will die on night 6!
    you cannot convince people who are visited by a bodyguard or jailed
    If you visit The Messiah You Die.
    Feared individuals cannot visit during the night unless the Messiah publicly reveals
    Only Town aligned roles can be feared
    Citizens are Fearless.
    Mason Leaders are Fearless (but not run of the line masons)
    Feared individuals can only speak in private messages.
    Insane individuals Cannot speak (does not effect Jesters) or visit Unless they are Visited by the Messiah at night or Enlightened during the day.
    Insane individuals cannot vote
    If an insane individual is lynched, one guilty voter (at random) will die the following night.
    you immediately give the triad/mafia the mark (you have no need to convince them)
    you immediately give killing roles the mark, they do not get to deny or accept at the start of the next day.
    after accepting the mark (I still haven't figured out the entire choice mechanic but I know it must be necessary) they can choose one person at night (excluding killing roles) for death that night
    people who are marked that are killing roles do not know they are marked and cannot choose at the end of the night
    people that are marked have a 666 number at the top of their rolecard (idk this would look cool but it may be a hassle)
    people you choose to attempt to mark choose yes or no at the end of the night, if they don't choose no by the time voting starts (discussion ends) the game assumes they chose yes.
    you do not know if your mark was successful
    Can speak with the cult at night.

day 7 death description- it appears he was swallowed by the earth, and it is said he descended into the depths of hell...

investigator message- your target is a leader among men, they are either a Godfather/Dragon Head, mason leader, or false prophet

CONVERTS FROM JUDGE (best part of this role) -default on

Strategies

for town people who have already served their uses (useless spies where the triad/mafia are already wipes) citizens other cult etc.. accepting the mark allows you to make full use of your uselessness

fear a mason
    fear on the killing mafia
    cause Insanity to the Mason leader

The False Prophet can give his own cultists the mark, so they can help terminate mafia triad town killers, and when they die on day 6 help add to the possible cult
    conversions remaining

In the perfect world that I know we all live in, when Dark Revenant implements these awesomely creative ideas (I'm kidding around), there will be a great interaction between the False Prophet and the Anarchist (another cultist role that I suggested recently).
    check it out
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...eath-Worshiper

Pros-
    Gives the cult killing potential and stronger resistance to killing roles

cons-
    has little defense of his own
    should be exceedingly rare, and thus many new players may be confused of the abilities and interplay between Messiah and False Prophet (some people fucking think sk kills are actually Mass Murderer deaths and vice-versa and it kinda disturbs me)

Entrails have been spilled people, it's a fcking mass murderer... not an sk lol.
    Last edited by ShadowLing; February 27th, 2014 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Heavily Revised to not be "An Faggot" Role

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Re: New Role: False Prophet (READ THIS IT'S FUCKING AMAZING)

Call it a sham.

It is not really overpowered.

The point is, everyone has a beast mark will die, thus you won't convert them.

So already mafia and masons can not be converted, you only make your possible member list even less.

Of course, you would want to target those who are not convertible anyway, but how do you know if you visited right?
    Last edited by louiswill; February 27th, 2014 at 08:16 AM.
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

6. ISO #6

it's basically a way for cult to deal with mafia/triad/neutral killers etc
    a lot of people liked the mad scientist role that someone brought up, so basically this is a cultist version for masskilling on a certain day

also, you say that "they will probably kill future converts"
    the main strategy I would potentially see a false prophet doing, is giving the mark to either confirmed neutral killers (as opposed for the early cultists pushing for their lynched) or mafia
    because they cannot deny the mark, this is why it might be overpowered.

if the False Prophet gives a mark to a townsfolk they will most-likely decline it, because games can last beyond night 6, and they have no idea if they will live past it anyway.

the biggest strategy everyone seems to miss when they say "it's just a cultists arson" is the fact he can give the mark to everyone, including his own cult.
    the benefits of this strat are two-fold
    1. he allows cultists to possibly take down an important townsfolk
    2. on day 6, the cult will have plenty of conversions

the False Prophet needs to be careful with who he marks, he would be a very rare role, so nobody would probably be marked night 1. it also gives cult large incentive to try to find and convert judge early
    the way they would find judge depends on if another role I have suggested: Seer(basically a cultist spy/coroner with a few other abilities) is ever implemented
    try to give me some constructive criticism, not this "it's an faggot" or "it's bad"
    also take a look at the thread about other cultist/masonic roles I have come up with, maybe you will look upon them more favorably.

piggback with spacemilk and his role deathworshipper:
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...eath-Worshiper

I think a lot of people agree that the cult needs more role variety.
    Last edited by ShadowLing; February 27th, 2014 at 05:25 PM.

7. ISO #7

Can he decline his own Beast Mark if it witched onto him? If he dies before Day 6, does the mark still kill those afflicted by it?

I'm not sure why, but everyone seems to want Cult roles. They're already quite powerful. Oddly enough, this role can keep them in check rather than assist. During the Cult's development, the deaths of some members can harm the Cult for the remainder of the game.

Also, I like the reference to my role I made up. Testing ninja text since I'm new to the forums.

FAILURE ABOVE.

8. ISO #8

I like to think of this role as a double edged sword for the cult
    basically high risk highreward like veteran for town, arsonist as a neutral killer (with the new arson, he can frickin burn himself if he douses a lot before burning lol)

now for the self target

I have some modifications swimming in my head to make this idea more appealing, I just have to make sense of them.

here's what I have:

basically this idea is off of the Revelations chapter in the bible, where
    "And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, 17and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.…"

now I don't actually think any kind of hell exists, but this scripture is actually modified to induce fear in it's readers in order to control them better.

anyway, the whole idea behind this role is choice.

Do you choose the mark of the beast for temporary gain (gaining the ability to end another players life) but die and (lose the game for your team or win) but pay the ultimate sacrifice( going to hell doesn't actually effect everyone else in mafia but whatever, it sounds cooler this way)
    or
    Do you decline the mark and (this is where I think there is room for improvement)
    because according to most religious doctrine, and other bible text there is the ultimate reward for waiting unto the Return of Jesus, the Christ.
    possibly, going with this (not going to say lore lol because that's not what it is) is a reward for not accepting the temptation of a mark that can kill somone.

now here's another take

instead of killing everyone who takes the mark on day 6, have it so there is another role (can you see where this is going) that is the Counterpart to the false prophet (you better see where I am taking this)

ugh, this might be controversial as shit but here we go. remember this is just a game, and this is just an idea.

Role- Messiah
    Abilities- Enlighten - during the day privately reveal your role to a player(I like how this sounds)
    Heal (cant do resurrect because no resuscitation of the dead in mafia) therefore the heal would be self target able.
    Holy Fire(the ability to kill someone at night)
    Special Attributes-
    If the messiah Enlightens the false prophet, The false prophet learns (?) EVERY living player's ROLE (I am not sure of this, but it seems necccessary to make False Prophet more relevant)
    If the messiah Enlightens a Citizen he joins the mason (would be nice if he could become crier or spy or clairvoyant, but this has problems) (basically with this
    mechanic, he empowers the citizen. If he can locate him of course) - Default off (it is mostly up to the mason leader to do this, and if the mason leader dies early on it should be a blow to the town if there is cult and unmasoned citizens unable to replace the ML)
    the messiah cannot enlighten a feared invidual
    everyone the messiah visits becomes Fearless (cannot be Feared and rendered unable to visit)
    The messiah can only use holy fire successfully on Triad/Mafia Witches Cult Neutral Killers Judges and the False Prophet

Cons-
    if a troll gets this role, it can be a game ruining thing
    if a skyper gets this role, it can be a game Ruining problem
    I'm sure You can find many more.

pros-
    This role drastically makes false prophet more relevant
    This role could be very fun to play and add much more depth to cultist-masonic interactions
    This Role Is Basically Jesus.

Unique role
    Host Options- Heal gives target Night Immunity for (1 or 2 nights) -Default 1
    Host options- Citizen is "Chosen" (revealed to that citizen) that they are the Messiah Day (3 or 4) - Default Day 3
    Host options- If the messiah public reveals, the False Prophet is lynched that day (?) (not sure about this one, needs more work) - Default off
    Host options- if the messiah enlightens a Mason Leader or Unculted (corrupted) Government (excluding crier) they can then speak privately that night (if mason leader the messiah can participate in mason chat for the remainder of the game

the bible says that if you don't take the mark, you will be unable to buy sell, basically do anything materially important.

this gets me thinking: people who accept the mark need some kind of thing that gives them an advantage over the people who dont until the messiah makes some kind of appearance or such

another mechanic that I just thought of
    The messiah doesnt actually know he is the messiah thus this mechanic: on day 3, if their is a False Prophet in the game, A citizen who was previously Chosen (at the start of name selection during the choosing of roles) Becomes the messiah.

I will edit abilities of the false prophet in my original post to better mimic the prophet in order to provide a third mechanic to this interaction

obviously in the bible it says that the False Prophet is the Anti-Christ, and thus he must deceive the entirety of the world into thinking he is The Christ.

I will edit my original post, adding the ability for the false prophet to public and private reveal his role to the town.

Investigator message- You Visit your target, and a Mystic Feeling takes hold of you, your target is most certainly the Promised Messiah

And no I'm not fucking jewish if anyone wanted to ask. I've just been thinking about things alot recently ;p

to answer your witch/selftarget question- The False Prophet is fucking Satan, he already has the mark of the beast.
    Therefore- give the false prophet the ability to kill every other night possibly. Although I think the kill should be mostly indirect and is more of a *causes them to suicide similar in a way to jester* type of thing.
    Last edited by ShadowLing; February 27th, 2014 at 05:36 PM.

9. ISO #9