Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #1

M-FM XXII Hunger Games Gamethread

M-FM HUNGER GAMES

A mafia game by Poriomania and Citrus
    Setup

READ THESE SPOILERS:
    Spoiler : Game Rules :

1. I am the Mod thy God. If a dispute arises, my decision is final. That said, I am not infallible - if I make a mistake or you have a question, please inform me of the problem (preferably via PM or green text) and I will correct it.
    2. Days will be 48 hours + Weapon Drafts if applicable, Nights will last 24 hours.
    3. No editing posts, PM quoting, PMing, all that jazz. I don't want to modkill players.
    4. This is still your grandmother’s game of mafia. Use the skills you’ve honed in previous games. The setup will punish sloppy play with a vengeance, so bring your best game. Remember, your best ally as both town and mafia is playing off one another’s behavior, not the setup or the mod.
    5. The only game discussion should take place in the observer chat, or in the thread, or in any respective night chats.
    6. Respect your fellow players, and have fun. If you don't have fun, I will modkill you or replace you, and that would be bad, wouldn't it?
    7. No invisible ink or cryptotext.
    8. There will be no last wills for this game.
    9. COM claiming/hunting is not allowed except in the mafia nightchat.
    10. I will be enforcing an activity limit of three posts every 48 hours. If you fail to post three times within that limit, I will prod you. Two or more prods will make me look for a replacement. Replacements and prods will be public.

11. 11. M-FM accounts cannot post in the "chatbox" feature on the top of the website. Players who are caught posting in there will be immediately modkilled or replaced without warning.

Spoiler : Special Mechanics :

Weapon Draft Rules

At the beginning of the game, 25 weapons will be presented publicly. Each weapon grants a different power (or lack thereof). At the beginning of each Day, all players that don't have a weapon will draft the weapons from the Cornucopia by posting Take: Weaponname and Select: Playername to choose the next person. This process will repeat until either all weapons are exhausted or everyone has a weapon, then the Day will begin.

Regular conversation is allowed, and it's highly recommended to post public weapon draft lists so that we can process the draft quickly. If you do not pick a weapon within 12 hours we will randomize one for you. Voting has no effect in this phase. Weapon drafts hopefully take 24 hours to process, but I may extend if necessary.

An example of a public weapon draft list would look like this:

When my turn comes up pick from the top of this list. If it's already taken keep going down.

Rocks
    Electrocution
    Blowgun
    Baton
    Brick
    Dagger
    Fire
    Mace
    Snare
    Net
    Pod
    Sickle
    Throwing Knives
    Guns
    Trident
    Knife
    Throwing Axe
    Slingshot
    Land Mines
    Water Cannon
    Spear
    Sword
    Whip
    Bow and Arrow
    Axe
    Soft Lynching

Soft lynching is half of the "normal" lynch count - if 20 players are alive, it would be 11 players to lynch, and 6 votes on someone is enough to soft lynch them. If a target is at Soft Lynch when the deadline occurs, then the target dies. If multiple targets are at Soft Lynch, the target with the highest amount of votes dies. Ties result in NO LYNCH. Mylo/lylos have no soft lynching.

Feedback

People like to modgame based on feedback. I don't. Here is a list of all feedback you might receive:

1. Your ability succeeded. (Any additional information)
    2. You were roleblocked.
    3. Your ability failed.

Spoiler : Sample Town Role PM and Sample Weapon Role PM :

Quote Originally Posted by Sample Town Role PM
    Welcome, NAME.

You are a member of the Revolution against the Capitol!

You have a secret Pin of the Mockingjay by which you identify the other Revolutionaries.

It is your goal to unite and bring down the Capitol as a Tribute.

The Weapon Draft commences soon. May the odds ever be in your favor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sample Weapon Role PM
    You picked up a Pillow. It's definitely a fun weapon to use when having sleepovers and such, but this is the Hunger Games, and the Hunger Games are no sleepover. What could this be used for?

You are a Sample Weapon Role PM, and you serve as a example weapon role PM.

The town win condition is: Eliminate all threats.
    The mafia win condition is: Control the lynch.

Welcome Panem! For those of you just tuning in, we are just minutes away from starting our 21st HUNGER GAMES!

As many of you know, the Arena for this year features many landmarks typical of an average Panem forest. Water, trees, and even a large lake are distributed throughout. I almost want to go camping myself! But such antics will have to wait, because for the next few weeks this will be the site of a great sacrifice, as the 12 Districts of Panem jockey for victory in the eyes of the Capital.

This year is a very historic year, but not only because of our nature-filled Arena. This year, by order of President Snow himself, we have many more than just 2 Tributes per District. I have also just been informed that we have broken a record for the number of volunteers as Tributes in any one Hunger Games! This fact alone is not the only historic part about these Hunger Games. On average, this year's Tributes have some of the highest Training Scores ever recorded! Here's a list of some of the Tributes we definitely want to keep an eye out on:

Glimmer
    Marvel
    Cato
    Clove
    Zeno
    Nautilus
    Foxface
    Striker
    Gaia
    Bonnie
    Twill
    Cain
    The Boy with the Bad Leg
    Rue
    Thresh
    Gale
    Katniss
    Madge
    Peeta
    Primrose

This year's Hunger Games will feature a vast structure known as the Cornucopia taking center stage, around which all the Tributes will be released simultaneously.
    Loyal viewers may remember that last year's Games were quite slow and painful, with no weapons to be found and most Tributes dying slowly of starvation. Thus, we have decided this year to introduce an assortment of different weapons for those Tributes lucky enough to make it into the Cornucopia alive. The weapons we have placed in the Cornucopia are as follows:

1. Axe
    2. Baton
    3. Blowgun
    4. Bow and Arrow
    5. Brick
    6. Dagger
    7. Electrocution
    8. Fire
    9. Guns
    10. Knife
    11. Land Mines
    12. Mace
    13. Net
    14. Pod
    15. Rocks
    16. Sickle
    17. Slingshot
    18. Snare
    19. Spear
    20. Sword
    21. Throwing Axe
    22. Throwing Knives
    23. Trident
    24. Water Cannon
    25. Whip

Remember everyone, sponsors are watching. Sponsors love to change the flow of the Games, and may pay to introduce some weapons of their own choosing if they choose to pay large donations to the Capital - though of course, few payments can outmatch that of the lives of our humble Tributes.

As you all know, the Hunger Games is the most viewed program on Television of the year! President Snow has asked me to read a short news announcement in the hopes that all of Panem may hear these words.

*Ahem*

"Citizens of our most fair and lovely country of Panem. There have been rumors of a Terrorist organization working to bring down our Great Capital. These Terrorists call themselves Revolutionaries, and seek to destroy our country from within. Be warned, do not trust your neighbor. Do not trust your family. And if anyone witnesses another citizen holding a Pin with a Mockingjay, report it at once to the authorities. I wish you all a splendid Hunger Games, and may the odds ever be in your favor!"

This is news to me! Well, you heard him folks. Report any sightings of these so called "Mockingjay pins" to your local authorities at once. But let us return to our Games now, for it looks like we are about to begin!
    Last edited by Guru Pathik; February 9th, 2014 at 09:27 AM.

2. ISO #2

Re: M-FM XXI - Hunger Games

Each * means an account has had a player replace in to the account.

Alive (2/20)
    2. Cato (wielding Flag), disguised as Alma Coin, Mafioso, triumphant.
    5. Katniss (wielding Baton), disguised as Lavinia, Mafioso, triumphant.

Dead (18/20)
    Zeno, Town Vanilla (wielding Throwing Axe), killed Night 1
    Clove, Town Vanilla (wielding Fire), daykilled Day 2
    Nautilus, Town Vanilla (wielding Water Cannon), killed Night 2
    Bonnie, Town Vanilla (wielding Fire), lynched Day 3
    Primrose, Town Vanilla (wielding Guns), modkilled Day 3
    Gaia (wielding Pod), Town Vanilla (wielding Pod), killed Night 3
    Foxface (wielding Sword), disguised as Flavius, Mafioso, lynched Day 4
    Cain, Town Vanilla (wielding Bow and Arrow), killed Night 4
    Rabbit, Arena NPC, killed Night 4
    Marvel, Town Vanilla (wielding Throwing Axe), lynched Day 5
    Striker, Town Vanilla (wielding none), killed Night 5
    The Boy with the Bad Leg (wielding Mace), disguised as Senena Crane, Mafioso, lynched Day 6
    Twill, Town Vanilla (wielding Slingshot), killed Night 6
    Rue (wielding Pod), disguised as Venia, Mafioso, lynched Day 7
    Madge, Town Vanilla (wielding Sickle), killed Night 7
    Glimmer, Town Vanilla (wielding Dagger), lynched Day 8
    Peeta, Town Vanilla (wielding Snare), killed Night 8
    Gale, Town Vanilla (wielding Land Mines), endgamed Day 9
    Thresh, Town Vanilla (wielding Spear), endgamed Day 9

Weapons in the Cornucopia (11/25)
    1. Axe
    3. Blowgun
    4. Bow and Arrow
    8. Fire
    10. Knife
    12. Mace
    14. Pod
    17. Slingshot
    19. Sword
    20. Throwing Axe
    21. Throwing Knives

Weapons Shattered (9/25)
    23. Trident, shattered Night 1
    15. Rocks, shattered Night 2
    7. Electrocution, modkilled Day 3
    9. Guns (Miller), modkilled Day 3
    23. Whip, shattered Night 3
    13. Net, shattered Night 4
    24. Water Cannon, shattered Night 5
    5. Brick, shattered Night 6
    16. Sickle, shattered Night 7

Game Status: Game Over - Mafia Victory

Waypoints

Day 1:
    Day 1 start
    Day 1 end

Day 2:
    Second Weapon Draft begin, Zeno dead
    Start of Day 2
    Clove is daykilled
    Day 2 end

Day 3:
    Third Weapon Draft begin, Nautilus dead
    Start of Day 3
    Mod decision, Thresh requests replacement
    Electrocution weapon modkilled
    Thresh replaces in
    Day 3 end, Primrose modkilled (and replaces into Madge), Bonnie lynched

Day 4:
    Fourth Weapon Draft begin, Gaia dead
    Start of Day 4
    Day 4 end, Foxface lynched

Day 5:
    Fifth Weapon Draft begin, Cain dead
    Start of Day 5
    Day 5 end, Marvel lynched

Day 6:
    Sixth Weapon Draft begin, Striker dead
    Flag dropped down
    Start of Day 6
    Day 6 end, The Boy with the Bad Leg lynched

Day 7:
    Seventh Weapon Draft begin, Twill dead
    Start of Day 7
    Day 7 end, Rue lynched

Day 8:
    Start of Day 8, Madge dead
    Fateful Hammer
    Endgame, mafia wins
    Poriomania's Epilogue
    Citrus's Epilogue
    Last edited by Guru Pathik; February 25th, 2014 at 10:05 PM.

3. ISO #3

I have received the accounts.

The first Weapon Draft shall begin momentarily.

Spoiler : Setup :

M-FM Hunger Games
    An M-FM for 20 players
    Hosted by Poriomania and Citrus

After hashing it out on IRC chat, Citrus and I have decided to revamp this M-FM. This M-FM has a unique mechanic and fun flavor.

Role List
    Townie
    Townie
    Townie
    Townie
    Townie
    Townie
    Townie
    Townie
    Townie
    Townie
    Townie
    Townie
    Townie
    Townie
    Townie
    Mafioso
    Mafioso
    Mafioso
    Mafioso
    Mafioso

Special Mechanics

Anonymous Accounts will be used.

Weapons

At the beginning of the game, 25 weapons will be presented publicly. Each weapon grants a different power (or lack thereof) when wielded and begins the game in the Cornucopia. When a player picks up a weapon, he or she learns its normal abilities immediately via a mod PM. Players may not drop their weapons unless an ability says otherwise.

If a player is not wielding an weapon (either because they were allowed to drop their weapon by an ability or because their weapon was knocked off), that player MUST immediately pick up and wield an weapon. If a player, for any reason, is not wielding a weapon and cannot pick one up, that player becomes unarmed and immediately dies in the harsh reality of the Hunger Games. When a player is killed (by lynch or killing action), that player's weapon will be returned to the Cornucopia. If a weapon is destroyed, it can no longer be wielded.

At the beginning of the game (Day 0), a Weapon Draft will occur in the Cornucopia. A chosen player (chosen randomly) will choose a weapon from the Cornucopia pool and wield it (gaining that weapon's abilities and removing that weapon from the Cornucopia) by posting Take: WEAPONNAME in the thread, then that player will choose another player by posting Select: PLAYERNAME in the thread. This process will repeat, in popcorn style, until all players are wielding weapons or until all weapons are worn, whichever comes first; when this happens, Day 1 will begin.

If a player has not chosen a weapon within 12 hours of being selected to draft, that player will pick up a weapon at random. Players are recommended post public weapon draft lists, so when their turn comes up they will automatically pick a weapon. At the beginning of each day, if one or more players is alive but not wielding a weapon and there is at least one weapon in the Cornucopia in play, a Weapon Draft will occur. This weapon draft will only involve living players that are not currently wielding a weapon, but is otherwise identical to the Weapon Draft that occurs on Day 0.

Soft Lynching

Ever had a game where the person you wanted to lynch was at L-1, the time runs out and you never get to lynch that player at all? This is where soft lynching enters the equation.

A soft lynch occurs when someone is at half the regular lynch count (for example, it it was 7 to lynch, then the soft lynch count would be at 4). When someone is at soft lynch, when the deadline occurs, the player with the most votes under soft lynch will be lynched. (Again, another example: If two people are at L-2 and L-3, respectively, and deadline occurs, the player at L-2 will automatically be lynched).

Mafia Factional Abilities

Mafia have daychat (they can talk during the Day) and a factional weapon shattering ability (they target someone, their weapon breaks and they have to pick up a new one).

Weapons

Because I'm nice, I'll give you the weapon names right now. What do they do? I wouldn't have a clue.

1. Axe
    2. Baton
    3. Blowgun
    4. Bow and Arrow
    5. Brick
    6. Dagger
    7. Electrocution
    8. Fire
    9. Guns
    10. Knife
    11. Land Mines
    12. Mace
    13. Net
    14. Pod
    15. Rocks
    16. Sickle
    17. Slingshot
    18. Snare
    19. Spear
    20. Sword
    21. Throwing Axe
    22. Throwing Knives
    23. Trident
    24. Water Cannon
    25. Whip

Weapon Role Cards

Some weapons may be a combination of two or more role cards.

Vanilla
    You have no abilities.

Investigative

Sheriff
    You may target a player each Night and learn their alignment.

Investigator
    You may target a player each Night and learn what their weapon does.

Detective
    You may target a player each Night and learn who they targeted that Night.

Lookout
    You may target a player each Night and learn who targeted that player that Night.

Neighbor
    You share a chat with X and you can talk in here both Day and Night. Both of you are anonymous.

Spiritcaller
    You may target a dead player each Day and at Night they may write an article that will be displayed publicly the next Day.

Journalist
    You may target a player each Day (including yourself) and at Night they may write an article that will be displayed publicly the next Day.

Architect
    You may target two players each Day, and you will masonize them, both of them gaining an anonymous night chat until the next Day ends. You may listen in the conversation.

Innocent Child
    You will be publicly revealed as town. If a mafioso gets this role then this role does nothing.

Protective

Doctor
    You may protect a player from a Nightkill each Night. Protected players aren't notified of their being healed, and doctors aren't notified that their doctor protection is successful.

Jailor
    You may target a player each Night and jail them, roleblocking and protecting them from all Nightkills made that Night.

Bodyguard
    You can choose a player at Night and guard them. If that player would die that Night, you die instead.

One-Shot Bulletproof
    You have an autovest.

Roleblocker
    You may target a player each Night and roleblock them, preventing them from using their abilities. Roleblocks aren't informed unless someone takes an action.

Bus Driver
    You may target two players each Night and swap their positions.

Redirector
    You may target a player each Night and redirect all actions that target your target to another player of your choice.
    Example: Player X targets Player A. Player Y redirects Player A to Player B. Player X will target Player B.

Killing

Daykiller
    You may kill a player during the Day by PMing me a target. You have one shot of this. This will immediately reveal their role, and when this happens the vote count will be reset and you will have an additional 24 hours to vote.

Veteran
    You may go on alert and kill anyone that targets you that Night. You may go on alert two times. This will also make you die if anyone attacks you, however.

Suicide Bomber
    You may target a player each Night and kill them and yourself. This also shatters the weapon this ability is placed on.

Gunsmith
    You may target a player each Night and give them a one-shot vig. If you're mafia, you can't give this to mafia players.

Misc.

Ascetic
    You cannot be targeted by non-killing abilities.

Governor
    You may target a player during the Day and, if they are lynched, you may choose to no lynch. You may change your targets up until someone is lynched.

Weapon Switcher
    You may exchange this weapon each Night with a player to trade weapons.

Double Voter
    You have an additional vote. In lylo, this vote is removed.
    (I will be formatting this in a similar way to the Mayor, but keep in mind that this role can go on both town or mafia)

Miller
    You investigate as mafia or the closest result in all investigations. (investigates mafia to Sheriff, targeted the dead person as Detective, no result on Lookout)

Motivator
    You may target a player during the Day and have them use their night action twice. You can't use this on the mafia nightkill, however. You may change your targets up until someone is lynched.

Jack of all Trades (JoaT)
    You have three one-shot abilities of other abilities on this role card list. You may use any of them at Night.

Remover
    You may target a player each Night and knock off their weapon, returning it to the Cornucopia.

Amnesiac
    You may copy a shattered weapon at Night. The shattered weapon's effects become your weapons.

Inventor
    You have three-one shot abilities of other abilities on this role card list. Each Night, you may give out an ability to someone else. You can't give abilities to yourself.

Backup
    You copy the first weapon shattered.

30 roles

Rules

1. I am the Mod thy God. If a dispute arises, my decision is final. That said, I am not infallible - if I make a mistake or you have a question, please inform me of the problem (preferably via PM or green text) and I will correct it.

2. Days will be 48 hours + Weapon Drafts if applicable, Nights will last 24 hours.

3. No editing posts, PM quoting, PMing, all that jazz. I don't want to modkill players.

4. This is still your grandmother’s game of mafia. Use the skills you’ve honed in previous games. The setup will punish sloppy play with a vengeance, so bring your best game. Remember, your best ally as both town and mafia is playing off one another’s behavior, not the setup or the mod.

5. The only game discussion should take place in the observer chat, or in the thread, or in any respective night chats.

6. Respect your fellow players, and have fun. If you don't have fun, I will modkill you or replace you, and that would be bad, wouldn't it?

7. No invisible ink or cryptotext.

8. There will be no last wills for this game.

9. COM claiming/hunting is not allowed except in the mafia nightchat.

Order of Operations

Amnesiac copies
    Ascetic becomes untargetable
    Veteran goes on alert
    Roleblock
    Redirect
    Bus Driver swaps
    Protect
    Miscellaneous
    Kill
    Inspect

Win Conditions

Town: Eliminate all threats.
    Mafia: Control the lynch.
    Last edited by Guru Pathik; February 13th, 2014 at 07:20 AM.

4. ISO #4

First Weapon Draft

Currently Drafting:
    12) Cain

Has Not Drafted:
    1. Glimmer
    2. Marvel
    3. Cato
    4. Clove
    5. Zeno
    6. Nautilus
    7. Foxface
    8. Striker
    9. Gaia
    10. Bonnie
    11. Twill
    13. The Boy with the Bad Leg
    14. Rue
    15. Thresh
    16. Gale
    17. Katniss
    18. Madge
    19. Peeta
    20. Primrose

Cornucopia:
    1. Axe
    2. Baton
    3. Blowgun
    4. Bow and Arrow
    5. Brick
    6. Dagger
    7. Electrocution
    8. Fire
    9. Guns
    10. Knife
    11. Land Mines
    12. Mace
    13. Net
    14. Pod
    15. Rocks
    16. Sickle
    17. Slingshot
    18. Snare
    19. Spear
    20. Sword
    21. Throwing Axe
    22. Throwing Knives
    23. Trident
    24. Water Cannon
    25. Whip

It is now the First Weapon Draft. Players may now talk in the thread.

When your turn to draft a weapon comes up, please select a weapon from the Cornucopia using the format TAKE: WEAPONAME then select the next player to draft using the format SELECT: PLAYERNAME.

Cain will be the first player to draft a weapon.

YOU MAY NOW POST.

Since this is a phase of the game where votes don't count, it's 100 votes to hammer.
    Last edited by Guru Pathik; February 1st, 2014 at 09:16 PM.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Whoa whoa whoa wait. I'm first pick? I'M FIRST PICK?!?!?

I got to go first for once in my life!

I feel like I won a raffle or something.

Okay okay okay. Calm down. Think about this.

What weapon to pick? Ranged weapons have the advantage of being ranged (obviously), but most of them also have the disadvantage of requiring ammo...

Hmm.... I'll will go with...

TAKE: BOW AND ARROW

Quick, silent, accurate, deadly, and arrows are simple enough to fashion from the wood around me in the forest.

Now who deserves the next pick? Well, why not the most polite person to have shown up already?

SELECT: GLIMMER

I bid you good day, madame Glimmer, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa wait. I'm first pick? I'M FIRST PICK?!?!?

I got to go first for once in my life!

I feel like I won a raffle or something.

Okay okay okay. Calm down. Think about this.

What weapon to pick? Ranged weapons have the advantage of being ranged (obviously), but most of them also have the disadvantage of requiring ammo...

Hmm.... I'll will go with...

TAKE: BOW AND ARROW

Quick, silent, accurate, deadly, and arrows are simple enough to fashion from the wood around me in the forest.

Now who deserves the next pick? Well, why not the most polite person to have shown up already?

SELECT: GLIMMER

I bid you good day, madame Glimmer, and may the odds be ever in your favor.
    I find it ironic how you took the weapon that Glimmer used before she was killed in the hunger games lol and then you pass the pick to Glimmer.

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by Peeta View Post
    I find it ironic how you took the weapon that Glimmer used before she was killed in the hunger games lol and then you pass the pick to Glimmer.
    I should probably take this moment to let you know that I am not all that familiar with the "Hunger Games" franchise. My only experience with it has been watching the first movie that was released, quite a few months ago. I don't really remember much at all.

I had to google the correct wording of that "may the odds be ever in your favor" phrase.

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    I should probably take this moment to let you know that I am not all that familiar with the "Hunger Games" franchise. My only experience with it has been watching the first movie that was released, quite a few months ago. I don't really remember much at all.

I had to google the correct wording of that "may the odds be ever in your favor" phrase.
    Ah it's ok. I was just pointing out to people who are familiar the pick was pretty funny.

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

First Weapon Draft

Currently Drafting:
    1. Glimmer

Has Not Drafted:
    2. Marvel
    3. Cato
    4. Clove
    5. Zeno