My laptop internet issue(s)
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

My laptop internet issue(s)

I see nowhere else to ask, so I'm going to ask it here.

My laptop is a Windows 8, though I doubt it have any relevance to the issue.

1. It refuse to connect to certain applications when I put in the internet cable, yet on wireless it work perfect. It's like the internet is split in two, with the second part inactive somehow.
    2. A program I use for streaming appears to connect schizophrenic'ly. Thing is : It randomly decides when to connect and not to connect, favoring not to connect at all.

Is there a way to perform an actual diagnosis other than simply checking the web?

Here's info to support though :
    Speedtest says I have an average of 3 to 7 MBs in Upload and 20 to 50 MBs in Download (depends on the download trafic), yet I can't manage to connect Pingtest as it's always aborted.

The laptop is new by half a year, it has been recently updated, system restored and updated again. (Still behaves the same with internet)

There appears to be no issue with the wireless at all, other than only one certain program unable to connect.

It worked before, with no change of port so it's not that. I turned off AV and Firewall, nothing.

4 different tech-support used Teamviewer on my PC and they found nothing, though I suspect they're actually just people that don't even have basic knowledge.

2. ISO #2

Re: My laptop internet issue(s)

I would start with your drivers. Try updating them or re-installing them.

If that fails go to your device manager and check for conflicts and sharing issues. Most computer companies are shitty now and install multiple devices on the same IO ports which can cause problems.

If thats not the case try replacing your Ethernet card. You very likely have two separate cards. The issue could be hardware and not software. Try a different Ethernet cable as well if you have not already. And take a look at your Ethernet cards compatibility with any new updates..

3. ISO #3

Re: My laptop internet issue(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkLiveLife View Post
    I would start with your drivers. Try updating them or re-installing them.
    It's up to date and reinstall did do nothing.

If that fails go to your device manager and check for conflicts and sharing issues. Most computer companies are shitty now and install multiple devices on the same IO ports which can cause problems.
    By problems, you mean the yellow warning triangles? There's not a single one of them, nothing's grayed out.

If thats not the case try replacing your Ethernet card. You very likely have two separate cards. The issue could be hardware and not software. Try a different Ethernet cable as well if you have not already. And take a look at your Ethernet cards compatibility with any new updates..
    Replacing hardware on a new laptop is just bad practice and goes over the warranty, hmm.
    I have tried a different cable, did do nothing new. As for the updates, I did try older versions as well just to see if that would do anything.

It did work for a while, until it decided to randomly happen around in December. I had no download that would influence this.

Anyway, here's the Network Adapters.
    - Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
    - Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)
    - Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230
    - Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter (some sites say disabling it helps, no difference)
    - Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)

Hidden :
    - Microsoft 6to4 Adapter
    - Microsoft ISATAP Adapter (#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7)
    - Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter
    - RAS Async Adapter
    - Teredo Tunelling Psuedo-Interface
    - WAN Miniport (IKEv2)
    - WAN Miniport (IP)
    - WAN Miniport (IPv6)
    - WAN M... (L2TP), (Network Monitor), (PPPOE), (PPTP), (SSTP)

If there's a tech wiz who can't describe it but must see it, I have Skype and Teamviewer 9 available.
    Last edited by RLVG; January 3rd, 2014 at 11:08 PM.