I need support from Mods when I make reports
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

I need support from Mods when I make reports

Dear Mods, Admins, etc.

I made a report here wherein 2 people leave trained and ruined a game. At the end of it Mugy7 states the following

ScreenShot062.jpg

1. Guys, it takes a lot of time and finagling to save the replays, open the replays, take a screenshot, go online, make a new thread, upload the replay and upload the screenshot and add figure out what those tiny little SC2 numbers were and post them inline and on the topic header for mods to ignore the game rules willy nilly.

2. Guys, there's no rule for leavetraining bad saves. A leave train is a leave train. Bad save is an opinion and is outside the scope of jurisprudence. Bad to one person is not bad to another. If you don't like a save, you can always leave without incitement.

3. In the games I run, I am explicitly telling people that this for testing, I need their help, and to give it a try. How can setup makers improve their setups if people are allowed to leave train?

Thank you for your consideration. I am not trying to directly insult any mod, but I need to know if this game's administration will support setup makers trying to test and improve their setups.

Sincerely,

Aldaris

2. ISO #2

Re: I need support from Mods when I make reports

1. Guys, it takes a lot of time and finagling to save the replays, open the replays, take a screenshot, go online, make a new thread, upload the replay and upload the screenshot and add figure out what those tiny little SC2 numbers were and post them inline and on the topic header
    That's an over-exageration, takes me 5 minutes tops to copy paste the format, type in the names and summary and upload a replay. It will take quite a while for the first time you report, but that's different.
    for mods to ignore the game rules willy nilly.
    We're here to remove toxic people from the game, not enact revenge for people by following protocol to the word.
    2. Guys, there's no rule for leavetraining bad saves. A leave train is a leave train. Bad save is an opinion and is outside the scope of jurisprudence. Bad to one person is not bad to another. If you don't like a save, you can always leave without incitement.
    Your interpretation of the rule is incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by rulebook
    Crime: Inciting "Leave Trains"
    Any player that starts a massive quitting of the game otherwise known as a "leave train" ruins the possibilities for games to start. The use of terms such as "choo choo" to incite mass leaving is prohibited. The player that started it shall be the one punished. Leave training is defined as causing a mass leaving of the game for no apparent reason.
    Severity: High
    The rule prohibits people from causing leavetrains for the sake of leavetrains, i.e. known trolls trying to ruin perfectly normal games.
    Doesn't include every single leave train and most certainly doesn't include the one in question.

3. In the games I run, I am explicitly telling people that this for testing, I need their help, and to give it a try. How can setup makers improve their setups if people are allowed to leave train?
    Things don't work that way, there will always be people that don't want to play your test setup, saying that it's for testing doesn't automatically legitimise your setup.
    Not everyone will see the message/will not agree to it anyway.

Spoiler : :
    FM XIV - Rapture : Denizen
    FM XV - Star Wars : Citizen
    FM XIV - FuzzyWuzzyTown : Doctor

3. ISO #3

Dear Mugy7,

1. I'm sure that since you've done this awhile and that it's faster for you from experience. It still takes awhile after all the uploading, checking, and whatnot and certainly not 5 minutes. The bigger point here is that it takes a lot of effort for people to report bad behavior, and mods need to reward the amount of effort it takes people to report or people will make fewer reports and the game will suffer.

2. Either Leave Trains are allowed or they aren't. You're applying arbitrary measures and your own opinion above what the rulebook is stating. There is no Mugy7's definition of normal in there; there is no "except in this case, leave training is allowed" in there.

3. People don't have to play my setup. They can exit the game if they want to. They can't go "choo choo" and incite a leave train; that's against the rules.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    Dear Mugy7,

1. I'm sure that since you've done this awhile and that it's faster for you from experience. It still takes awhile after all the uploading, checking, and whatnot and certainly not 5 minutes. The bigger point here is that it takes a lot of effort for people to report bad behavior, and mods need to reward the amount of effort it takes people to report or people will make fewer reports and the game will suffer.
    Yes I agree, but we're not going to do this in exchange for even more mistakes and successful appeals. I try and minimise the amount of mistakes by making my own quick review of complex cases before carrying out recommended action or amended actions.
    In this case, I appear to have determined that this is a one-off incident for the players in questions, thus pointless to punish. I dealt with many cases during my time relieving fred, so I am unable to remember exact details.
    2. Either Leave Trains are allowed or they aren't. You're applying arbitrary measures and your own opinion above what the rulebook is stating. There is no Mugy7's definition of normal in there; there is no "except in this case, leave training is allowed" in there.
    This is not a court trial, the report system is designed to remove toxic players from the game, all final punishment decisions are solely up to the warden.
    3. People don't have to play my setup. They can exit the game if they want to. They can't go "choo choo" and incite a leave train; that's against the rules.
    See response to #2

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    what was the setup?
    I do not have that information anymore, someone has deleted the replays.

Spoiler : :
    FM XIV - Rapture : Denizen
    FM XV - Star Wars : Citizen
    FM XIV - FuzzyWuzzyTown : Doctor

7. ISO #7

A fixed regulation will only ruin life.

I support mugy7's point of view.

Rules are not there to help one person to punish others.

Rules are there for necessary purpose.

Think about others before you think about yourself.

Others effort and time are as valuable as yours.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    Aldaris how about you tell us what the setup was, the decision that was made is final but i would like to see it
    "3. In the games I run, I am explicitly telling people that this for testing, I need their help, and to give it a try. "

His setup was not his strong point to argue with.

Leave train is their choice.

The host at least asked nicely, but still no one can use "rules" to force others cooperate.
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.