Do you get mad when...?
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Do you get mad when...?

Do you honestly get offended when someone makes a derogatory comment towards your ephemeral looks? That is to say- if someone were to judge you based on your appearance and make a negative opinion, do you lack the self-esteem to take it to heart? >:-)

Have you ever thought: 'damn that person is ugly'.

Have you ever told that to the person?

Have you ever been on the receiving end?

How was your experience?

What would be, in your opinion, the most mature way to handle such a situation?
    Last edited by Frog; December 20th, 2013 at 06:35 AM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Do you get mad when...?

1)Unless they're sexier than me, no.

2)Yeah, followed by a slight feeling of guilt

3)No

4)No

Mature way would be to claim you have a huge erection right now
    Spoiler : Orpz FM History :

FM17 - Won, FM18 - Won, FM19 - Won ,FM20 - Loss, FM21 - Won, MVP, FM22 - Host Canceled, FM23 - Won, FM24 - Hosted, FM25 - Won, FM26 - Loss

4. ISO #4

Have you ever thought: 'damn that person is ugly' daily

Have you ever told that to the person? a few times
    Have you ever been on the receiving end? i think so!

How was your experience? it was fine, life goes on and that girl got fat after high school and cheated on by 2 immigraints

What would be, in your opinion, the most mature way to handle such a situation? Punch them in the eye. You don't need to go around telling the ugly what they already know. Unless you believe they don't know and need to know!

i<3cryptonic

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    Do you honestly get offended when someone makes a derogatory comment towards your ephemeral looks? That is to say- if someone were to judge you based on your appearance and make a negative opinion, do you lack the self-esteem to take it to heart? >:-)

Yes, but I'm a fairly good looking guy with a few other vulnerability to be insulted. Usually people would not attack my looks.

Probably because I'm an Asian.

No and nearly never.

No. Unless it is my friend. Everyone I be friended so far never insult me more than once two years.

Yes. I'm a total defender. When I go offense, I go all out.

How was your experience?

There was once a female friend says that I'm irresponsible.

I taunted her back about her marriage, age and religion such.

She cried, so I think I have done what I wanted.

I have to spend another a few hours that night to comfort her.

-----

Another time, I had a brawl with my roommate,

Being a guy with glasses,

I never fight before but I'm pretty good at it because I was beating up a guy heavier and stronger than me.

I eventually think it is pointless and decide to cease fire.

I accepted some counter fists and then call it stop.

A guy has to accept peace as well as challenge after all.

However, as a person which isn't much lenient.

I just apologized but never liked him.

Well.

It took longer time and more efforts to repair than damage, as always.

Live a moral life and be confident about my virtue.

When the situation comes, it would be too late.
    There it is.
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post

It depends on what I think of the persons opinion. I doubt I would care if a random person called me ugly. I'm sure its happened before with all the shit I pull. Only instance that jumps to mind was a lady that was pretty upset over some late night fireworks. I laughed.

Sure. Usually if they are that obnoxious drunk girl.

Too often. I am getting better though. I use to think

Yeah. I have been 'that guy' they make decks of cards about

How was your experience?

When I was younger it was a lot of fun to dish it out and kind of shameful to receive it if I couldn't come out on top. Now I feel embarrassed when I cut to character assassination.

I feel like if you act with some class people treat you well. I don't think I have ever been insulted unless I was acting like a prick or behaving poorly. I guess if someone is just being shitty its more mature to turn your cheek but there is something really gratifying about putting someone in their place.
    Really though. If everyone was super nice we would all become passive aggressive slobs. Being mean has a real effect on behavior modification. Its how societies establish social norms and we learn how to get along. If nobody told you that those pants really do make your ass look fat or that your haircut makes you look like an idiot you could go through life looking like shit. A little more brutality could do a lot of good and having a group of friends who pick on your flaws for entertainment is an outstanding way to get some laughs and improve yourself.

7. ISO #7

I'm not offended at all. Sure, I'll defend myself but it's something I wake up the next morning forgetting. To quote Randy Travis from that episode of King of the Hill, "That's just the way God made me." But really, this almost never happens to me.

To be honest, I do this with women all the time. I'm surprised no one else had this response.

A few times. I've also called people "fat" and "America's problem", if we allow ugly to equal obesity.

Of course.

How was your experience?

I remember when I was about 17, I went out with a chubby black girl. Then I started going out with a much thinner white girl. When the three of us met, it was pretty nasty. She just threw horrible insults calling me a twig boy and other racial things. Rest assured, I got defensive and threw back insults.

I also remember playing MW2 with friends online. I sucked hard and they all let me know it. It was pretty relentless to the point where I'm traumatized by any FPS game. I'm just kidding, but I really do avoid FPS games because I'm bad at them.

I actually broke up with my girlfriend because she called me while I was playing online poker (I was tilting of course). I don't really remember what it was about but I do remember myself yelling at her through the phone to the point where she was crying. It was a really stormy night.

I think that the most mature way to handle this situation is to just let it slide without letting the situation get out of hand. Don't waste your precious time arguing with some kid. Growing up means understanding that people are different and accepting these differences is what makes you an adult. Ask yourself what you are trying to accomplish by playing at their level. Stand up when you need to stand up and walk away when you need to walk away. Being the better man means not allowing your emotions to get the best of you. People are going to say things that they regret in the morning so just grit your teeth and take the punch knowing that you are more noble by doing so.
    WHITE BOY SLIM WAS HER~