Design a System, from a game system to a political system
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Design a System, from a game system to a political system

Like it or not,

Mafia as a game is carefully designed.

Taking design a game on a higher level, such activity is more like designing of a system.

Thinking so, design a game and design a political system has much alike.

Please watch the two short video and give some thoughts,

How did you design your own Sc2mafia setup list/SFM Setup?

How will you hope gamers/players react?

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:
    Last edited by louiswill; December 26th, 2013 at 09:25 PM.
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Design a System, from a game system to a political system

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    those vids made 0 sense to me
    hmmm,thanks for watching?

---

"Latest Reputation Received (7 point(s) total)
    Thread: Design a System, from a game system to a political system
    dont try to insult me"

I don't know if ika did this neg rep. It is very likely some evil dude wants to cast in a bone between people.
    Last edited by louiswill; December 23rd, 2013 at 04:27 PM.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

4. ISO #4

Interesting video.

I feel like power and money are one and the same. If you get in a position of power money will follow and if you get enough money you will create your own power. The two can never truly be separated and people in power will always strive for more power. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    If anything I really think the US lacks in transparency. We are handing people power over us and then saying it is unimportant to tie them to their actions. Our big news agency's do more political maneuvering than most politicians and a large portion of the decisions made are a corporate push for benefits.

5. ISO #5

I now update a Pt.3 of the video, which is newly baked so far I know.

This one is about Democracy and polarized politic,

in a sense of incentive system.
    Last edited by louiswill; December 26th, 2013 at 09:34 PM.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    "Let's tie the wages of a senator or congressperson to the average wage a citizen makes."
    This sentence was so fucking stupid that I had to stop watching there.
    1:40 right?

Yes, it is theoretically proven to be very stupid in the next few minute if you keep watching.

The video explains how poorly designed incentive system will be broken under some situations, just like real life politic.
    Last edited by louiswill; December 31st, 2013 at 11:32 AM.

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by louiswill View Post
    1:40 right?

Yes, it is theoretically proven to be very stupid in the next 1 minute if you keep watching.

The video explains how poorly designed incentive system will be broken under some situations, just like real life politic.
    No, I mean the idea of tying a senator's wages to the wage of the average person is a stupid idea.

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    No, I mean the idea of tying a senator's wages to the wage of the average person is a stupid idea.
    Yes, it is a stupid idea.

I mean the video explained why this idea is not working few minute after it explained why it was a "good idea" at first glace.

long story short:

The Pro at first glace:
    Make politician suffer their own decision, by tying their wage and welfare to ave. citizen.

So that their decision will impact their own life.

The Con afterward:
    It was a bail-out of corruption, but politician worries more about their retirement.

politician gain the most benefit not by voting but by ways such as becoming lobbyist after they left their position.

Therefore, the politician wouldn't care enough about their current wage. It likely will result only a raise on their wage but not decreasing on the corruption.

----

Tying wage is just an example or part of how to fix the system by using incentive system.

The idea was just making an example of how might or not an incentive system would work.
    Last edited by louiswill; December 31st, 2013 at 11:42 AM.