The Rise of Illuminati, Slaol vs. Akira.
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

The Rise of Illuminati, Slaol vs. Akira.

I just mentioned this in another thread, so I thought I'd display the story for those not involved to see.

Back in February or March of 2013 Tasogare_Akira returned to Sc2Mafia.com with ideas to implement roles to the game of mafia. The first was Channeler. Dubbed by Elixir to be "the holocaust of mafia" Channeler was going to be a role that brought the dead to life by possessing the living. His win condition didn't even make any sense, something about having to see ~10 people die or something. He would operate like Ventriloquist, disrupting the day chat, but by utilizing the dead. This role would also have effectively ruined any chance of ventriloquist making it in.

Well, staff chat was a bit less fun under the tyrannical leadership of Akira, such that I stopped posting in it. I started a call with Gerik, then decided to invite Yayap (who is a chick, btw). Yayap invited Fred and Illuminati became a group. Mafia, Doodad Hunt, Cops & Robbers, the works. We would grow to be around 20 members including all other members of high council that wanted to hide from Akira. Eventually inviting Dark.Revenant to join us. Several minutes later a new role, Stump, was added to the game.

Several discussions with Revenant revealed he basically hated Channeler on many levels, and felt very pressured into destroying his game to create it. DR was in need of money (this is stated on I site, so it's whatevs) and I approached him to offer to take Akira's place as the benefactor of the site. With intentions to implement more reasonable roles, and with more stability that he could be comfortable knowing I'd be around to make good on the moneys.

The final versions of Kidnapper, Agent, Beguiler, and Witch Doctor would all come from the joint minds of Elixir and myself, and would cause Crier and Marshall to be possible. Akira would see that 6 new roles were being put in and that none were Channeler, and would soon find himself not happy here. Revenant was then capable of telling him that he didn't need the money or to destroy his game for it, and Mafia would go on living.

The coup was a success and Mafia improved, or at least wasn't entirely destroyed, and staff lost the dictator.

Stay tuned for the Reign of Illuminati, Slaol vs. Ash.
    Last edited by Slaol; December 14th, 2013 at 08:56 AM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: The Rise of Illuminati, Slaol vs. Akira.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    So, you basically just gave more money than Akira and took his place?
    Less money actually, but had better ideas, Elixir support, and overall wasn't a fuck about it to Revenant.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    Slaol, don't you teach at a church?
    how do you have money to support someone else
    Montessori school associated with a church*
    Same as anyone else, I'd assume. I make more than I need.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

I quit R&D because of all those hidden dramas, money is speech anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

A successful congress coup against king.

Well, if Channler can break the game, you could reverse the implement anyway.

Choosing to coup isnt just because of channeler.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    So you're saying coups can be successful...
    Yea, but I don't get that much dimes in mah pocket.