Pokemon Nuzlocke (Named after SC2 forum members)
Register

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will you follow my Pokemon Heart Gold Nuzlocke in the future?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this will be interesting to watch

3 30.00%
  • Only if you name a Pokemon after me

5 50.00%
  • No, I'm not a Pokemon fan at all

2 20.00%
  1. ISO #1

Post Pokemon Nuzlocke (Named after SC2 forum members)

What's up everyone? Do you know that this is not the only forum I am constantly visting right now? There is another good place where I am also fairly active, and that place is Marriland forums! The primary reason I joined then is to make my Pokemon Nuzlocke walkthroughs. Not only that, I also even played a Mafia game together with the community there! But that's not the reason why I am writing here.

The Nuzlocke challenge for Pokemon games has been on for a while, and it's rules there are the following:

1. If your Pokémon faints, it is considered "dead"! This means you must either release the Pokémon or permanently box it if it faints. No exceptions! You may not use any revival items to bring them back, or reset your game. So be careful!
    2. You can only capture/obtain the first Pokémon you encounter in a route/town. That first Pokémon you find is your only chance-- if you fail to catch it (for whatever reason), there are no do-overs. That's all you get for that route or town, so move on over to the next one!
    3. You can only trade with other games for the sole-purpose of Trade Evolutions, such as Machoke to Machamp. In other words, you can only use Pokémon you legitimately catch/obtain within the game.
    4. You must nickname every Pokémon you catch! This will increase your bond with them and give deaths a bigger impact.
    And that will bring us to the fourth point - nicknaming every Pokemon that I catch. I have completed Fire Red Nuzlocke, Emerald Wedlocke, and currently progressing on the Platinum Nuzlocke. My next challenge after Platinum will be probably Heart Gold Nuzlocke (or Wedocke), but with one interesting catch - I will nickname all of my Pokemon after famous SC2 community members! Ever imagined of a Clefairy named Luna, a Haunter named DarkRevenant, or a Magikarp named Bruno? I will write my Heart Gold adventure while traveling with Pokemon like that. And don't forget that it will be also a Nuzlocke challenge - if one of my Pokemon faints in a battle, it is dead. Permanently. How's that for a thrill?

If I will write such a Nuzlocke challenge in the future, will you follow it? Assuming that I will post it both at the Marriland and here.

Spoiler : Forum Mafia History :
    FMVI: Seer FMVII: Lookout FMIX: Propagandist FMX: Arsonist FMXI:Janitor FMXIII: Corrupt Journalist
    FMXIV: Lookout FM XVI: Vigilante FM XVII: Host FM XVIII: Witch FM XIX: Bounty Hunter FMXX: Electro Maniac

2. ISO #2

Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke (Named after SC2 forum members)

I did a Nuzlocke challenge with Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal, it's ridiculously hard because the translation makes no sense and all attacks are the opposite of what it should be, you're easily confused.

Just a suggestion what next to do after Platinum.

As for the SC2 members, you're pretty much limited to amount of letters you can use I believe.

3. ISO #3

Heh, when Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness were first released in Japan, I had to play a Japanese version of the game first just because I enjoyed it so much. You think I really understood anything at all back that? I'm not going with such extreme degrees anymore as of now, because I learned to be more patient and pragmatic.

Yeah, I know already that I'm limited to use 10 characters, but I'll get a workaround on that. For example if I want to name may Pokemon after Raptorblaze, his nickname will be Raptrblaze. Sounds similiar, isn't it? You can figure out the rest.

You might want to read my current and previous Nuzlocke challenges on Marriland, my forum name there is Frags_Bunny. I'm not sure if links to other sites are allowed, so you can just try to find that by yourself.
    Last edited by Fragos; December 11th, 2013 at 01:45 AM.

FMVI: Seer FMVII: Lookout FMIX: Propagandist FMX: Arsonist FMXI:Janitor FMXIII: Corrupt Journalist
    FMXIV: Lookout FM XVI: Vigilante FM XVII: Host FM XVIII: Witch FM XIX: Bounty Hunter FMXX: Electro Maniac

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

I have not even started anything yet, calm down. I'll probably start it after the New Year. Just have to finish with Platinum first.

But I'm glad that I got to see some subscribers in the future. I'll post my Nuzlocke thread both at Marriland and here and then see which thread gets more views.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

I have started uploading my battle videos for Pokemon Platinum Nuzlocke. You might be interested to watch then while I am waiting for the New Year to come. Here is a video from my Pokemon Platinum Nuzlocke of "Ferocity and Savagery", where I use my Pokemon team to battle against Galactic Boss Cyrus inside Distortion World. It's also the first time I am uploading my videos on Youtube, so any advices will be highly appreciated!

Along with the video, I'll also put on the short dispay of my team that was formed during that time:

Backbiter the Torterra (male). Lax nature. Moves: Razor Leaf, Earthquake, Synthesis, Rock Climb

Life-taker the Floatzel (male). Brave nature. Moves: Surf, Aqua Jet, Ice Fang, Crunch

Steelbane the Magnezone (genderless). Queit nature. Moves: Shock Wave, Discharge, Thunder Wave, Flash Cannon

Boogie Mon the Rotom (genderless). Quirky nature. Moves: Shock Wave, Shadow Ball, Confuse Ray, Light Screen

Spitemare the Rapidash (female). Sassy nature. Moves: Sunny Day, Flame Wheel, Megahorn, Strength

Careless the Umbreon(male). Gentle nature. Moves: Bite, Confuse Ray, Toxic, Helping Hand

I have picked a fine art for each of then on the DeviantArt. If you want to learn more about my "hunting pack", you'll probably have to contact me directly. I'm sure that some Pokemon fans reside in this site as well.
    Last edited by Fragos; December 17th, 2013 at 12:11 PM.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

I'm not prepared for that yet, I would want my videos to speak for thenselves. I might include some text comments once I find out how to manipulate then. And I'm planning to upload videos only for the most important fights (such as Gym Leaders and the Elite Four), becuase that's where the real action kicks in.

10. ISO #10

Recently I have finished my Platinum Nuzlocke of "ferocity and savagery", and to heat up your interest, I have decided to show you the videos of my final battles there as well. They are also a proof that I am an experienced Nuzlocke player, having finished Fire Red Nuzlocke and Emerald Wedlocke before. Feel free to watch then.

I'll also start a poll that will help me to decided wherether to start my new Nuzlocke game or not. Your opinion and support is important!

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Unfortunately, Nintendo 3DS is the only luxury I can't afford myself right now. If you have not figired out, I have been using emulators so far. I DO have the money enought to buy 3DS, but for me, this amount of money is better spent off somwhere else. Maybe I'll get it in the distant future, when Pokemon Z or something like that gets released in the public.

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

I'll probably won't start my next Pokemon challenge unless I get support of 10 votes or more. There are already 4 positive votes in the poll. Won't take too long, I guess?

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

Should I bump this up for a little while?

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

What's up, everyone? I guess you haven't heard anything from me in a while? I came here today to wish you Happy New Year! And I am not alone! Several Pokemon that were my personal favorites in each of the past three games are also gathered here together as well! Something you should really enjoy watching:

Dirty! (Emerald)

Royal! (Fire Red)

Life-taker! (Platinum)

And... I will probably start a Heart Gold Nuzlocke challenge shortly in the next year! Something you should definitely look forward to, guys and gals.