Random chances
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Random chances

1. ISO #1
    Troll

Random chances

If you got 3 maf, 3 neutral, 3 basic town, 3 adv. town and 3 random town, how big is the chance having a sheriff and an investigator in it?
    I just tried to replace the sheriff and investigator with lookout and detective, but it will make things alot harder for town.

2. ISO #2
    Cyber_Cheese

Re: Random chances

In other words, the chances of 3 Random Town and 3 Basic town procuring both a sheriff and an investigator?
    Are we talking citizens on or off?
    Either way I wouldn't bet on it too quickly.

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4
    Troll

Yeh without citiz. Thanks. So there is almost secured that there are investigative roles in randoms. That's all i wanted to know. ^^

5. ISO #5
    Mastercraft

Can you say what are the probs of a veteran in random town (if admited obviously)? I never got it since implemented

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Role weighting: no. The biggest reason for that is that lots of setups would literally break the game. Set the weight for SK and Arsonist to 0.01 and then add a Random Neutral, excluding non-killing roles. It won't be able to select either of them due to the extremely tiny chance of randomly picking one. Changing this behavior and checking for all problems like this would be very complicated and would definitely require me to rewrite half of the setup screen and completely blanket-delete the current (VERY LARGE) random algorithms. We're talking about dozens of hours of difficult work, here. (oh, and it might set off the script limit if my alternate system turns out to be bigger than the last)