Elder Scrolls Online Beta Key
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Elder Scrolls Online Beta Key

Apo's sure there's someone out there wanting to try out the closed beta.

Apo so happened to receive an invite. Anyone interested in it?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Look what you have caused. Seems like everyone who posted is now confused about their own gender and are venting their frustration into opinions.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Re: Elder Scrolls Online Beta Key

Quote Originally Posted by Glip View Post
    Funny. You just listed the three reasons that I like the game.
    Dunno, the combat in this game looks just as dull as any other Elder Scrolls game.

The Storyline, I personally do not like how we're going back in time, and yet we see a faction composing of nords, DUNMER AND ARGONIANS.

And the Subscription model doesn't really work well in the west. If you think about it, WoW and Everquest were the only MMORPGs that thrived with the model for their times.

As for my MMO of choice, I'm looking forward to Everquest Next. I am interested in Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade, saw behaviour's recent interview, looks like they're not making a shovelware this time. And if World of Darkness has a reasonable business model, I will definitely get my hands on that game.

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Dudemanguy12 View Post
    Dunno, the combat in this game looks just as dull as any other Elder Scrolls game.

The Storyline, I personally do not like how we're going back in time, and yet we see a faction composing of nords, DUNMER AND ARGONIANS.

And the Subscription model doesn't really work well in the west. If you think about it, WoW and Everquest were the only MMORPGs that thrived with the model for their times.

As for my MMO of choice, I'm looking forward to Everquest Next. I am interested in Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade, saw behaviour's recent interview, looks like they're not making a shovelware this time. And if World of Darkness has a reasonable business model, I will definitely get my hands on that game.
    The combat for you may be dull, but for me, it's a breath of fresh air after your typical "click your target, press ` to autoattack for the entire fight while your dodge/parry/riposte skills are passives that just RNG away, and maybe press your ability hotkeys when they're off cooldown."

I will agree Storyline is meh, and I'm not to attached to it. The only Elder Scrolls game I've played is Skyrim, so I don't know/care enough about the "Tamriel" world to get angry at any lore-breaking mistakes they're making.

As an EverQuest veteran with over 2 years play time logged (and having subsequently tried multiple "F2P" MMO's), I have to say I don't mind and actually prefer the subscription model. Most F2P games, even if by some miracle they aren't P2W, will do a great job of rubbing the cash shop in your face throughout the whole game, just enough to make it annoying. So far as the dollar per entertainment hours ratio goes, subscription MMO's are the most efficient entertainment medium in existence. Bottom line, I've never gotten as attached to nor played as long on any F2P MMO as I did EQ.

I can't blame you for looking forward to EverQuest Next, though. That game is also looking to be great, although I'm seeing it through EQ fanboy's eyes, so my opinion is probably skewed on that matter.

8. ISO #8

To be fair, the passive combat system that you mentioned Glip is more or less outdated nowadays. Many games transition to hack'n'slash or something comparable.

I for one will check it out but I'm not getting my hopes up too high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    i scumreaded him because his posts were gay
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    ah fuck.
    I HARDCLAIM MASON ASSASSIN.

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Glip View Post
    The combat for you may be dull, but for me, it's a breath of fresh air after your typical "click your target, press ` to autoattack for the entire fight while your dodge/parry/riposte skills are passives that just RNG away, and maybe press your ability hotkeys when they're off cooldown."

I will agree Storyline is meh, and I'm not to attached to it. The only Elder Scrolls game I've played is Skyrim, so I don't know/care enough about the "Tamriel" world to get angry at any lore-breaking mistakes they're making.

As an EverQuest veteran with over 2 years play time logged (and having subsequently tried multiple "F2P" MMO's), I have to say I don't mind and actually prefer the subscription model. Most F2P games, even if by some miracle they aren't P2W, will do a great job of rubbing the cash shop in your face throughout the whole game, just enough to make it annoying. So far as the dollar per entertainment hours ratio goes, subscription MMO's are the most efficient entertainment medium in existence. Bottom line, I've never gotten as attached to nor played as long on any F2P MMO as I did EQ.

I can't blame you for looking forward to EverQuest Next, though. That game is also looking to be great, although I'm seeing it through EQ fanboy's eyes, so my opinion is probably skewed on that matter.
    It is a different-style combat, but I don't really find it any better than the traditional hotkey gameplay. I don't blame you though, the combat in MMOs have always been iffy. But I've never been a fan of Elder Scroll's combat, although I loved the storyline.

I understand. But as someone who has played Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim, there are plotholes, especially how anyone can be emperor. I can't wait to see xxLegolas101xx Septim. I pretty much played elder scrolls for the mods and storyline.

I've personally gotten used to cash shops, but as long as I can play the game and enjoy without any restrictions (like TERA for example), I'm gold. I don't even prefer the complete free to play route either, though it is good for MMOs to attract more and more people to come in, and DCUO's F2P transition has heavily got SOE's attention. But the true model I prefer is the Guild Wars 2/The Secret World model, where you pay for the game and don't require a subscription. I have subscribed to WoW before, and for me, WoW will be the first and only game i'm subscribing to. If I really didn't care about it that much, I'd probably be playing eve to this day.

As someone who has siblings that played Everquest, I don't really see it as an Everquest game, though I am extremely excited. One of my brother's don't have time for MMOs, while the other one is actually anticipated for it. I'm looking for enjoyable, dedicative MMOs that doesn't get in the way with the business model.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13