Fulfillment
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Fulfillment

1. ISO #1

Fulfillment

Just a random line of thought I had.

I feel like there is a correlation between desire and complexity. In the same way that in people prefer a specific level of complexity in their music. If the music is too complex our minds do not recognize the patters and it comes off as gibberish and undesirable. If it is too simple it is seen as bland and undesirable. This is equally demonstrated in our conversations and many other aspects of our lives.

The desire to find these things that will make us the most happy is hindered by our natural loss aversion. Its just in our nature to hang on to things we have and value them over potential gains in the future. When put into a financial study where a group of people were given an object and asked to assign a value to it. A second group that never had the object was also asked to value the object. In the end the people with the object valued it at 2.5 times grater on average than the group that did not have the object. This is reflected in our lives on our relationships, jobs, and style of life. It is very healthy in the same way that we need anxiety to keep us looking before we cross the street but for every bit that it protects us it inhibits our potential to find new things in life. Why find something new that could be better when you have something good?

This is pretty much just some rambling thoughts that jumped into my head but what do you guys think? Is getting bored a necessary catalyst to finding happiness in life? Is there an ultimate level of fulfillment or is it just a never ending war of attrition?

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Fulfillment

I'd say a common phenomenon, that
    the Most easy way to recognize happiness: Live in a disaster.

It is like the black dot is easily seen on a white background.

However, is the white background necessary for the black dot's existence?

I think not.

It is convenient to compare when it comes down to recognize, but if someone want to really live in happiness, anxiety must be under control.

Anxiety remind us that happiness exist, but we don't need anxiety as part of our happiness.

Though human society has its way and complexity is built upon, we shall never make things more complicated in a way that will make us pay in future.

I see you appreciated your happiness and that is what more important for your thoughts in this reflection, rather than the thoughts itself.

-----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    Music is completely pointless. Nobody should bother listening to any songs.

All ideas have a point. And this point makes sense to certain people. I do not think you were saying so seriously.

I think Thinklivelife was not saying about music, even the idea comes from the music as an example.
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

4. ISO #4