Current SotD is not fun
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Current SotD is not fun

I may be the only one who thinks this, but I really enjoy town in a game. To me, the current SotD feels like playing russian roulette. There's not much skill involved, it's just who gets lucky not to die and who is lucky enough to be favored.

Please have something to do. If you really want to do a no-town save maybe have it be rival factions like Triad versus Mafia, the rest are survivors with no vests. That way it's the same feel as what you're getting at, but there's a goal. Mafia can outright say "I am the Godfather, side with us!" and all the survivors can choose whether he is more charismatic than the Triad.

Currently though, this is just Russian Roulette in my opinion; and since there is no skill, it's no fun.

EDIT:

Also hey, I've been playing this game for a little over 2 years (under the name "Law"). I've hosted probably 60% of the games I've played, so I can make a pretty balanced save. I'd be down to design a few SotDs and you can check them out to see if they fit the bill.

I like to push the bar on the saves, things that are new yet still balanced. I used to have a Basic Any, Advanced Any and Random Any save that allowed maybe 4 mafia maybe not, was really dope (and balanced). Anyway, just throwin that out there.
    Last edited by lawson; October 22nd, 2013 at 09:19 PM.

2. ISO #2

Re: Current SotD is not fun

I'd say you dont enjoy, It is fun though.

It happens.

The Sotd rotates, hope it will be your favor next time.

I enjoy play town, but I also prefer minority.

I can tell you you are not the only one.
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

3. ISO #3

Yes, current SotD isn't that great, there isn't a lot of room for thinking. It's basically counting your way to victory as town lol.

Anyways, you can still have an Any Random that can possibly be a 4th Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    Yes, current SotD isn't that great, there isn't a lot of room for thinking. It's basically counting your way to victory as town lol.

Anyways, you can still have an Any Random that can possibly be a 4th Mafia.
    Yep. No room for thinking, faking.
    Just kill and random lynch as no role is important to the other there

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

For every player I have seen complain about it here I see a player spam trying to get it picked as the game on sc. I think the save is nice for less skilled players but may not quite have a place with lawless being so similar. Not having the XP has helped a ton though. The majority of the games I played today were from players saves and I had a much better time than I have in past days.

-Edit
    Just played the save a few times in a row. It getting picked caused a leave train 2 games in a row.
    Last edited by Helz; October 23rd, 2013 at 05:38 PM.

7. ISO #7

This is like Cheese burgers, you will be sick of it if you ate too many in a row.

The regular setup is like french fries, you will be used to it and it becomes flavorless.

Anyway, anyone mind lose some information from R&D so we know about next SotD and calm down people who visit here?
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by louiswill View Post
    This is like Cheese burgers, you will be sick of it if you ate too many in a row.

The regular setup is like french fries, you will be used to it and it becomes flavorless.

Anyway, anyone mind lose some information from R&D so we know about next SotD and calm down people who visit here?

If someone did that they would quickly find themselves kicked out of R&D

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    We have no good submissions for SotD
    DR was like, all of this is imbalanced... Fuck it Ill pick this one for the lolz
    And that is how we have the current SotD
    I think lols is more important than balance anyway if it is not serious not balanced such as 1 mafia vs 4 towns

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkLiveLife View Post
    If someone did that they would quickly find themselves kicked out of R&D
    You know someone can and will never be kicked. Ever heard about the "may or may not" announcements?

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by louiswill View Post
    You know someone can and will never be kicked. Ever heard about the "may or may not" announcements?
    What are you talking about. Several users have had their R&D access revoked for revealing information. The "may or may not" announcements was just Slaol saying shit that he had never posted in R&D.

Also, balance > lols. An intense game that requires a lot of thinking and good liars is WAY more fun.
    Last edited by Cryptonic; October 24th, 2013 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

12. ISO #12

What are you talking about. Several users have had their R&D access revoked for revealing information. The "may or may not" announcements was just Slaol saying shit that he had never posted in R&D.

Also, balance > mafia. An intense game that requires a lot of thinking and good liars is WAY more fun.
    to you sure, to most of us here on the website, probably, to the majority of sc2 users, not so much.

the users prefer a light amount of thinking, a ton of action, and it to last at least 4 nights (otherwise they loaded and waited 30mins+ and for what?)

13. ISO #13

Also, balance > lols. An intense game that requires a lot of thinking and good liars is WAY more fun.
    The problem is that even in FM mafia, I feel a lot less serious than it should be.

As a matter if fact, An intense game gives fun because you lols at the end when you find out if you think right or worng.

I conclude that,
    Lols = fun, and intense game is a better game.

Tension itself isn't fun, it has to be transformed in some way in your mind.

No one was intended to choose one and discard the other.
    --------------

The may or may not thing is always very relevant to future change. I always want to hear more.

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

I love the new SoTD.

Almost everyone gets a decent role.

You must also be a lawless hater, yes?

I respect your opinion, but this is a new save. Don't get rid of it after only a couple of days.

And yes, it isn't exactly how mafia is supposed to be played, just enjoy it while it lasts. I hated Rise of the Triad because it took forever to replace.

Just be patient and have fun. Don't leave because you are the amnesiac or another not-so-preferred role.

Play the game and have fun!
    MrJazzHandz

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by MrJazzHands2 View Post
    I love the new SoTD.

Almost everyone gets a decent role.

You must also be a lawless hater, yes?

I respect your opinion, but this is a new save. Don't get rid of it after only a couple of days.

And yes, it isn't exactly how mafia is supposed to be played, just enjoy it while it lasts. I hated Rise of the Triad because it took forever to replace.

Just be patient and have fun. Don't leave because you are the amnesiac or another not-so-preferred role.

Play the game and have fun!
    Actually after the thıs bulshıt sotd , I am a lawless lover cuz lawless was a much more balanced non-town setup

17. ISO #17

Quote Originally Posted by Xentios View Post
    Actually after the thıs bulshıt sotd , I am a lawless lover cuz lawless was a much more balanced non-town setup
    Lawless justified.

18. ISO #18