(f) redemption orb
    (g) water from the spirit oasis
    (h) pull-string propeller
    Bad role fishing detected.

5. ISO #105

6. ISO #106

Re: M-FM 19: Avatar the Last Airbender

Interesting thoughts.
    but imo the risk of there being a bruiser is too high like you said the hosts dont want us to use such tactics. We cannot lose aang so early cause we need some more prs. Sure the bruiser couldnt kill while aang is jailed by zuko but after that appa couldnt do shit.

also we do not necessarily need iroh and zuko as ally. However zuko pretty much needs us. So if at all zuko should reveal. Then aang may speak to him. I doubt mafia would kill zuko

so imo aang should not reveal!

win condition of blue spirit?

7. ISO #107

8. ISO #108

9. ISO #109

10. ISO #110

11. ISO #111

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoshi Warrior #3 View Post
    Just for fun:

Pick one of these:
    (a) red
    (b) blue
    (c) green
    (d) white

Pick two of these:
    (a) lemur
    (b) unagi
    (c) sky bison
    (d) canyon crawler
    (e) dragon moose
    (f) hermit crab
    (g) purple pentapus

Pick three of these:
    (a) water bending scroll
    (b) Katara's mom's necklace
    (c) purple berries
    (d) headpiece of the crown prince of the Fire Nation
    (e) rare first edition book
    (f) Aang's wanted poster
    (g) specially-tied knot
    (h) Sozin's comet

Pick four of these:
    (a) wooden monkey
    (b) stuffed cat
    (c) wooden hand drum
    (d) paper airplane
    (e) clay turtle
    (f) redemption orb
    (g) water from the spirit oasis
    (h) pull-string propeller
    I'll pick red because that's my color! (a) Red.

The second pick will be this: (a) lemur and (e) dragon moose.

The third choice will be this: (c) purple berries, (d) headpiece of the crown prince of the Fire Nation and (e) rare first edition book.

The fourth choice will be this: (a) wooden monkey, (b) stuffed cat, (e) clay turtle and (f) redemption orb.

12. ISO #112

13. ISO #113

14. ISO #114

15. ISO #115

16. ISO #116

Setup Clarification Questions:
    1. Notifications: Can you provide examples of the possible notifications in game?

No.

2. Admiral Zhao's role card states that "You may Burn a player at night, killing them. You burn your Fire Nation Allies." Is it intended that Admiral Zhao may only attack members of his faction?

No. That simply means that Zhao may kill his allies, if for some reason he attacks them. He may, of course, attack other people.

3. May any Fire Nation member be sent to perform the faction kill?

At the cost of their respective night actions, yes.

4. Zuko: What does being detected by the second player look like in terms of feedback?

Wouldn't you like to know.

5. Zuko/Uncle Iroh: Does the bruiser bypass Zuko's prevention of attacks or Uncle Iroh's Night Immunity?

No. You will notice that it bypasses "swapping, healing, and role blocks." Anything not listed will still affect the bruiser's ability to kill.

6. Aang: Will Aang's identity be revealed to the player he speaks to even if they are not in the Water Tribe or Earth Kingdom?

Yes.

7. Secondary Ability mechanic: Do players need to be visited by Sokka in order to unlock usage of their secondary abilities?

Being visited by Sokka is only one way in which a player may use their second ability. The others are on their role cards, which are available in the setup.

8. If Katara is converted to the Freedom Fighters and Jet is killed, will Katara return to her home as an Earth Kingdom citizen?

No. She will retain whatever role she already has, but her win condition will revert to that of Team Avatar. Note that she does not change roles when converted by Jet.

9. Do the Freedom Fighters share a night chat?

Yes.

10. Do players converted by Aang share a night chat?

No. They merely receive a new role.

11. Cabbage Merchant: If the cabbage merchant loses all his cabbages, will he die?

Not unless he is attacked (and not healed) or lynched.

12. Will the cabbage merchant lose a piece of cabbage for each player that visits him on one night?

No. The cabbage merchant will lose either one or zero cabbages on any given night, or grow an additional cabbage if he has fulfilled the requirements for doing so.

13. Is the Cabbage executioner's target always town?

No.

14. Evolving Win Conditions: Will the host announce if win conditions have changed?

No.

15. Does Tui know his identity?

No.

16. Team Avatar's evolved win condition: If Aang converts a water tribe or earth kingdom citizen to be Bumi or Pakku, does that count as Aang meeting with Bumi or Paku?

It does, yes.

17. Cabbage Evolved win Conditions: I don't understand these. Can you rephrase this or provide an example?
    The cabbage merchant's win condition does not change, however if he/she meets his/her win condition while in possession of more cabbages than they started with, the game will end with a cabbage merchant victory. In the survivor's case, living until the end of the game with an additional cabbage will cause the cabbage merchant to win alone, preventing the victory of any other factions who might otherwise win alongside him/her.

17. ISO #117

18. ISO #118

19. ISO #119

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Turtle View Post
    Can win conditions evolve gradually? (IE: Aang visits Zuko. Does his win condition now allow him to win with the traitors, or must he visit Bumi and Paku before he can win with traitors?)

If they evolve gradually, then this is a good plan. If not, then bad plan and we should wait before Bumi and Paku are visited.
    No. Win conditions do not evolve gradually.

20. ISO #120

Waiting on answers to my questions before I can pass judgement on the plan for Aang to claim.

Can players target dead RP characters in order to evolve their win conditions?

I'm only asking because it wasn't explicitly stated that this is disallowed.
    No. Bumi isn't going to be very much help to Aang if he's dead now, is he?

21. ISO #121

are all roles that are written as citizen in the setup really citizen or can there be some of the other RP characters too?
    if there can be RP roles i need a list of which roles can spawn in earth citizen and which in water tribe citizen.
    does blue spirit keep the ability of zuko?
    if sokka encourages, will the encouraged person be able to use 2 abilities the same night or the next night
    if jet converts an earth citizen, can he choose which role he becomes or is it random? can the freedom fighters have the same role twice?
    can tui also be katara for example or only those that start as water citizen

some thoughts

sokka:
    imo it's better to use the follow ability, at least as long as there is no confirmed better PR

katara: be careful, jet will surely try to convert you. it might be a good idea to use the freeze ability after a town lynch, unless there are important targets to heal like revealed TPRs

aang:
    this is the most important one. as i said, i don't think revealing is a good idea. but i wonder if it's better to airbend or to visit people.
    also i wonder if he should take the risk of revealing to the mafia if he visits without any real clues. then he'll be dead very soon. discuss

@wang fire:
    kyoshi is a former avatar and kyoshi warrior is part of kyoshi warriors. simple as that

22. ISO #122

23. ISO #123

24. ISO #124

25. ISO #125

26. ISO #126

27. ISO #127

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    are all roles that are written as citizen in the setup really citizen or can there be some of the other RP characters too?
    if there can be RP roles i need a list of which roles can spawn in earth citizen and which in water tribe citizen.
    does blue spirit keep the ability of zuko?
    if sokka encourages, will the encouraged person be able to use 2 abilities the same night or the next night
    if jet converts an earth citizen, can he choose which role he becomes or is it random? can the freedom fighters have the same role twice?
    can tui also be katara for example or only those that start as water citizen
    1. No. They all begin as citizens.
    2. No, blue spirit is a separate role, and thus, has separate abilities.
    3. Since they will not be notified of sokka's encouragement until the following day, the soonest they could make use of it would be the following night.
    4. It is not random, nor is it chosen by Jet. All roles are predetermined.
    5. Tui may be anyone in the water tribe who did not start with an RP role.
    Last edited by Guru Pathik; October 21st, 2013 at 11:34 AM.

28. ISO #128

29. ISO #129

"Tui will be a predetermined Water Tribe player"
    from setup

you said he can be earth citizen, what's right now

so you can choose in which night you use your second ability? is their second ability unlocked forever or just for that one night

well we may find iroh aswell as we find any mafia players. and if we find him and have no better target for the lynch we should go for him imo. it was not as a town strategy to win this game^^

30. ISO #130

"Tui will be a predetermined Water Tribe player"
    from setup

you said he can be earth citizen, what's right now

so you can choose in which night you use your second ability? is their second ability unlocked forever or just for that one night

well we may find iroh aswell as we find any mafia players. and if we find him and have no better target for the lynch we should go for him imo. it was not as a town strategy to win this game^^
    forgot color

31. ISO #131

32. ISO #132

33. ISO #133

34. ISO #134

35. ISO #135

well we won't ask him for his official permission to lynch him i guess^^
    Reading the setup, Iroh is basically a glorified Survivor. The chances of Zuko actually jailing Aang and releasing him without a reveal from Aang (Which, honestly guys, would benefit Zuko more than anything...) to evolve the win condition are quite low.
    It's going to be REALLY tough for Zuko to win this, so I'm pretty sure Iroh will just go with the flow and stay low. It'll be pretty easy for him to hide among the bunch of Citizens we have.

Glad the useless trolling has finally stopped.

36. ISO #136

37. ISO #137

38. ISO #138

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar Roku View Post
    4. It is not random, nor is it chosen by Jet. All roles are predetermined.
    Does this mean that each Earth Kingdom Citizen has a predetermined hidden RP name that will be revealed to them when they become converted to the Freedom Fighters? Or does this mean that the hosts have predetermined that Jet's first recruit will receive RP name/role X, his second receives RP name/role Y, etc?

Is there feedback for being attacked and healed?
    Is there feedback for being attacked but surviving via other means than being healed?
    Is Yuyan Archer's shot in addition to the mafia's faction kill?
    Is the Bruiser's elimination in addition to the mafia's faction kill?
    Will the Consigliere detect exact role and RP name?
    Will the Consigliere be able to tell if a player started out as Water Tribe or Earth Tribe or Katara if they are converted?
    Is there notification that someone avoided being role blocked?
    Does role blocking give a notification?
    If a third person visits Zuko's captured target, what happens?
    Does Zuko have unlimited executions?
    Does Aang get to choose what RP role to give a player, or is it predetermined like Jet's?
    Is Sokka's encouraging one use only, or does it apply for the entirety of the rest of the MFM?
    If the Yue chooses to avoid a player who is targeting Yue, does it role block that player? Does it redirect their action?
    Is there feedback for being enchanted?
    Is there feedback for being avoided?
    Is there feedback for being airbended?
    King Bumi: does the execution-escaping guess occur via PM to the hosts or in the jail chat?
    Does the execution command occur via PM to the hosts or in the jail chat? (I'm just wondering if Zuko can fake being King Bumi)
    Is there feedback for being forced to fight suki?
    Does Huu's transform attack all players who attack him, or all players who visit him on the night he transforms?
    There are only 4 Freedom Fighter RP names (besides Jet). Can more than 4 players be converted to the Freedom Fighters?
    If a Freedom Fighter RP name dies, can Jet recruit another Freedom Fighter bearing the same RP name?
    Evolved win conditions: A lot of the evolved win conditions say that people only have to defeat Admiral Zhao. Does this mean that only Admiral Zhao has to die and not the rest of the Hidden Fire nation members?

39. ISO #139

40. ISO #140

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Turtle View Post
    *Palmface* What is with people and not thinking? I said IF they ARE water/earth tribe(read: CITIZEN) and IF they HAVE to role claim, they should NOT claim what TYPE of citizen they are.
    This seems like Lion Turtle is trying to avoid a situation in which there are too many Water Tribe Citizen cc's or Earth Tribe cc's. Also, a reason for why someone can legitly claim citizen but fail to get recruited to the Freedom Fighters. I've got my eye on you, buddy.

41. ISO #141

42. ISO #142

43. ISO #143

Quote Originally Posted by Wan Shi Tong View Post
    That's so unnecessary to say that I would deem it as scummy.
    Sorry you guys can't waste more of our time. It's a lynch day; I don't see why people starting spamming dumb shit anyway.

Also, shouldn't Citizens be truthful about their nation, Lion Turtle? I can see why we would want to avoid giving a full list to Jet, but any claimed Earth Citizen will simply let us pinpoint the potential recruits. Either way unless they have Smellerbee they'll become Citizens again once Jet is taken care of.

@KW#3 (I'll just call you that to avoid confusion...)
    The hosts must really hate you right now, but thank you.

44. ISO #144

45. ISO #145

Quote Originally Posted by Momo View Post
    Sorry you guys can't waste more of our time. It's a lynch day; I don't see why people starting spamming dumb shit anyway.

Also, shouldn't Citizens be truthful about their nation, Lion Turtle? I can see why we would want to avoid giving a full list to Jet, but any claimed Earth Citizen will simply let us pinpoint the potential recruits. Either way unless they have Smellerbee they'll become Citizens again once Jet is taken care of.

@KW#3 (I'll just call you that to avoid confusion...)
    The hosts must really hate you right now, but thank you.
    Good point, Momo. Additionally, if Jet dies and a claimed Earth Kingdom Citizen flips Freedom Fighter RP role then we will know that the Freedom Fighters have recruited Smellerbee.

I also wouldn't be adverse to having one pressured Earth Kingdom Citizen Reveal/get recruited to the Freedom Fighters and help lead the hunt for the Fire Nation because he can auto-clear all the people in the Freedom Fighters while maintaining some semblance of secrecy.

46. ISO #146

47. ISO #147

The only reason I say claim cit rather than tribe is because then the fire nation will not know who is water tribe, and therefore cannot hunt for Tui. If they kill Tui, they can win with FFs and traitors; as I said earlier, I want as many allies for town as possible, and letting the mafia get allies = bad.

Kyoshi, do you really believe we'll have every cit outed at the same time? Maybe later on in the game, but certainly not now.

The FF thing is a good point though. But is tracking the FFs worth letting the mafia get allies?(granted the chances of them getting allies is as slim as us getting allies, but it still deserves discussion)

48. ISO #148

49. ISO #149

The setup says that Tui can be a predetermined Water Tribe Player.

Does this just refer to Water tribe Citizens? Can Tui be Katara or Sokka of the water tribe? Can Tui be an Earth Kingdom Citizen who was given a Water tribe RP name like Master Pakku?
    was answered. also can water tribe cits even become earth RP roles and vice versa

50. ISO #150

Also, to help clarify my argument:

If player A claims Water Tribe Cit, they have a 1/3 chance of being Tui(assuming they aren't lying). That's a pretty good chance, and I think the maf would take that chance and kill that player to try and gain allies before the town does.

OR, player A could simply claim Citizen. Now it's a 1/8 chance of being Tui(assuming they aren't lying). Not such a good chance.

TL;DR: Claiming just cit and not water/earth cit gives Tui more protection, thereby giving the town more protection by lessening the chances of FFs/traitors aligning with maf.