hello boyz!
Register

User Tag List

Thread: hello boyz!

1. ISO #1

hello boyz!

here is my two cents, been away for a very long time and I started up to play recently. did a couple games, even reported 2 specific games where obvious cheating was going on and nothing...

I know it's not easy, sometimes you have to really look at the replays many times to see what's up and again it's hard to have mods in every game... but seriously, you guys had many great mods and it's impossible to be on full time why not let some of the absent mods help out in games? I personally stopped being involved when my daughter had an heart attack and we literally spent months in the hospital with her. My powers were stripped pretty quickly, I always assumed it was oups, I've never been a big fan of his.

If some of your admins are doing a good job, why not keep them? some had good grievance about certain in house policies and politics. this is a great game but many ppl see no issues with cheating in games. Is it or not acceptable? well that is for each and everyone to decide and morals after all have always been debatable by those who wish to by pass them. Skyping in game is fun, but using skyping to cheat... well, I guess it's fun for those that arn't big on playing and more into an empty win. This cannot be resolved.

I think you need more mod presence. double, triple the foot patrols, show the colors. In almost a month, I havn't crossed one mod. Mod presence I think shows a strong community that wants to protect their game and values.

anyway, just my 2 cents

see you around gang
    Plato: No law or ordinance is mightier than understanding.
    Plato: You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: hello boyz!

come on Fred, you come up on my friends list, I said hi, you know what I mean... I hope

anyway, posted in circle jerk because I didn't really expect anything to come of it and didn't want to make more of it than need be.
    Plato: No law or ordinance is mightier than understanding.
    Plato: You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Incorrect. I played a game with you and you had no clue. We are present, we just don't show our presence often. Our policy is NOT to stand out but to be like regular users. We prefer not to stand out like a sore thumb.
    thats a good way to catch those cheaters they dont even know you watching and then BAM Ban hammer comes a swingin

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by Killerd33 View Post
    thats a good way to catch those cheaters they dont even know you watching and then BAM Ban hammer comes a swingin
    I'm no moderator, but I don't think that moderators go incognito just to ban people. I mean, writing a report is actually pretty time consuming (I think so anyways). I'm sure they have their reasons but I think that the main reason that mods don't reveal themselves is so that they could actually play the game? I mean people seem to play FIND THE MOD instead of the actual game.

Based on my experience, when a mod reveals themselves they seem to become like (forgive the shitty analogy) Miley Cyrus in a zombie apocalypse movie. People hate her and people love her. Suddenly, it's either a manhunt to find and kill her or a mission to protect her at all cost despite her being so damn evil. There seems to be a myth that donations = moderator. I'm pretty sure this isn't true and I don't know why people keep saying this, but people seemingly hate the idea of people donating money for power and will kill a moderator for this.

I also think moderators should reveal themselves more often, but if they don't want to encounter some power-hungry jailor night 1, they shouldn't reveal. I personally think it's really fun for a moderator to interact with the peons in the public games. Gives the game a change of pace and some excitement (IMO) and some fun in trying to find who's the moderator. Don't be like a Chansey in the safari zone! Mods step out!

We should start a post about mod experiences when they reveal themselves, and their survival rates. How is the hate/love ratio?
    WHITE BOY SLIM WAS HER~

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by WHITE BOY SLIM AYO View Post
    I'm no moderator, but I don't think that moderators go incognito just to ban people. I mean, writing a report is actually pretty time consuming (I think so anyways). I'm sure they have their reasons but I think that the main reason that mods don't reveal themselves is so that they could actually play the game? I mean people seem to play FIND THE MOD instead of the actual game.

Based on my experience, when a mod reveals themselves they seem to become like (forgive the shitty analogy) Miley Cyrus in a zombie apocalypse movie. People hate her and people love her. Suddenly, it's either a manhunt to find and kill her or a mission to protect her at all cost despite her being so damn evil. There seems to be a myth that donations = moderator. I'm pretty sure this isn't true and I don't know why people keep saying this, but people seemingly hate the idea of people donating money for power and will kill a moderator for this.

I also think moderators should reveal themselves more often, but if they don't want to encounter some power-hungry jailor night 1, they shouldn't reveal. I personally think it's really fun for a moderator to interact with the peons in the public games. Gives the game a change of pace and some excitement (IMO) and some fun in trying to find who's the moderator. Don't be like a Chansey in the safari zone! Mods step out!

We should start a post about mod experiences when they reveal themselves, and their survival rates. How is the hate/love ratio?
    Yea, revealing as mod has negative affects on the game. Mod powers are counterintuitive, imo, anyways. What's the point of kicking someone from a game when the game is already ruined? What's the point of revealing yourself as a Moderator if it's going to cause the game to fail?

I don't understand what TC would do w/ mod powers other than whip out his dick in every game.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

10. ISO #10

I can confirm that donors are not moderators. Also not all keepers are moderators. Fyi- The player reports are backed up so there's a very good chance your reports have not been reviewed yet. You can get an idea by the views on the topic as well as if it has been moved to a folder showing the action taken..

You can post in 'ask the staff' if you want to hear any of this from a real staff member

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkLiveLife View Post
    I can confirm that donors are not moderators. Also not all keepers are moderators. Fyi- The player reports are backed up so there's a very good chance your reports have not been reviewed yet. You can get an idea by the views on the topic as well as if it has been moved to a folder showing the action taken..

You can post in 'ask the staff' if you want to hear any of this from a real staff member
    Most of my donations happened after I was already an admin, Rev was mocking me about it T.T and the majority of staff aren't even donors.

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    Dumb. If mods actually cheated they wouldn't be mods anymore as people would report them. If there are no reports on mod abuse then there is no mod abuse being done. Its that simple and deluding yourself otherwise is just an exercise in idiocy.
    Not that I agree or disagree with the claim you have made, but the logic behind it is not sound.

Just because it was not reported doesn't mean that 1) it did not happen 2) the action was actually noticed 3) the person committing said offense(s) was known to be a mod, or 4) the affected party / parties wished to / knew how to report said offender(s).

23. ISO #23

Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    Dumb. If mods actually cheated they wouldn't be mods anymore as people would report them. If there are no reports on mod abuse then there is no mod abuse being done. Its that simple and deluding yourself otherwise is just an exercise in idiocy.
    LOL I'm sorry I can't even..

i<3cryptonic

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27