eMafia Introduction - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. ISO #51

2. ISO #52

Re: eMafia Introduction

If it helps, I think this could be interesting. I don't really go on these forums that often and my programming skills are nonexistent, but I'll subscribe to this thread and wish you luck!

P.S. I do have one idea though - ban the name Necroplant from being used. :P
    Spoiler : My Signature :
    Just for fun, an old thread with things that would be cool to have in Mafia:

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...stions-For-Fun

3. ISO #53

Quote Originally Posted by BTF View Post
    If it helps, I think this could be interesting. I don't really go on these forums that often and my programming skills are nonexistent, but I'll subscribe to this thread and wish you luck!

P.S. I do have one idea though - ban the name Necroplant from being used. :P
    Haha... well the project kinda turned a large corner from what Apo originally intended, but for the good. Not much has progressed for awhile on the Server-Client aspect, but forum games seem like a more supportable feature and nearly functional.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Look what you have caused. Seems like everyone who posted is now confused about their own gender and are venting their frustration into opinions.

4. ISO #54

5. ISO #55

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    A. Banning the name 'Necroplant' only gives the virgin botanist a stiffy and achieves what he wanted.

B. If I read correctly and it's run by verifying forum accounts, Necrocunt wouldn't be able to play anyway.
    What Apo's working on right now doesn't use accounts. It runs off of the sc2Mafia forum system's account, so as long as Necro is banned here, he can't play.

Our attempts are to allow play through only the web browser and this forum.... They will work mostly the same way you play any other FM, just regulated by a bot.

Look what you have caused. Seems like everyone who posted is now confused about their own gender and are venting their frustration into opinions.

6. ISO #56

Great, the API also throws a "invalid api signature" error if the post is too long...and color/url formatting greatly increases the post size -.-;;;

7. ISO #57

Quote Originally Posted by Apocist View Post
    Great, the API also throws a "invalid api signature" error if the post is too long...and color/url formatting greatly increases the post size -.-;;;
    If you mean for the Mafia forum game in progress, you could disable name colors and just do numbers (1 = red, 2 = blue, etc.).

If you mean just for posts, perhaps divide it up into several posts?

Bruno - yeah, I know trolls can get around name bans - it was a joke.

8. ISO #58

If you mean for the Mafia forum game in progress, you could disable name colors and just do numbers (1 = red, 2 = blue, etc.).

If you mean just for posts, perhaps divide it up into several posts?

Bruno - yeah, I know trolls can get around name bans - it was a joke.
    I've been trying to set it post the match's Setup thread, which includes the role setup(colored and url'ed), the win conditions(to do), the possible roles(colored and url'ed), the order of operations, and the rules.

I suppose I can split the post in half and it should work fine, the post directly after the setup post(s) is going to be the Sign up post which lists all the players signing up/ in reserve, which will update dynamically.

9. ISO #59

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...757#post440757

As you can see I've had to remove the color formatting and links from the role setup in order for me it get the size limit

Thank you RLVG, for the nice setup template

10. ISO #60

11. ISO #61

12. ISO #62

I skimmed the thread you linked to Apocist and the formatting and colors used looks fine to me but if you need things to help clarify your information you could try italics, bolding, and underlining. I'm not sure if that would just be as much text as the color thing though, I'm not a programmer.

I did notice that there was a bunch of -sign messages sent pretty much immediately. Perhaps there could be a feature where if you're playing with friends, you can reserve their spots on the list so that they can get in before the surge of players.

13. ISO #63

I skimmed the thread you linked to Apocist and the formatting and colors used looks fine to me but if you need things to help clarify your information you could try italics, bolding, and underlining. I'm not sure if that would just be as much text as the color thing though, I'm not a programmer.

I did notice that there was a bunch of -sign messages sent pretty much immediately. Perhaps there could be a feature where if you're playing with friends, you can reserve their spots on the list so that they can get in before the surge of players.
    Well it's certainly missing information, not even describing how the game will flow or works. Not too sure what needs italics, bolding, or underlining though since it's listed in sections.

Also not sure how to react to the -signs. I've thought of having players of the last Match to be put on last priority of signing to allow others a chance to play.

14. ISO #64

The server keeps creating a seperate instance of MatchForum or something. I'll add a player, then what what players are there and they appear. But once I use another command to check what players are there, it's as if they were never added.

Did tests with changing a number using different commands and having same effect of the number reverting to the very original. Can't figure out why it's not holding onto the object reference of MatchForum.

15. ISO #65

Just thinking what the VBulletinAPI can do now gives Apo the shivers. It's possible to parse through the Forum Mafia games.... just imagine processing, organizing, and verifying all those 500+ posts per game day in mere seconds....