Texas Food that was off topic
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Texas Food that was off topic

Quote Originally Posted by AppleyNO View Post
    Yea, we have been looking into Gluten-free foods and we found some places here in Texas where they bake only Gluten-free. I'm actually a little excited.... except that I can't eat fast food now D:
    If your around Austin I could throw some suggestions out there. It seems like every other girl I take out has some weird thing with food so I know the restaurant scene pretty well.

2. ISO #2

Re: Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkLiveLife View Post
    If your around Austin I could throw some suggestions out there. It seems like every other girl I take out has some weird thing with food so I know the restaurant scene pretty well.
    You're in Austin? Nice. If you like burgers, you should try Your Mom's Burger Bar. And before I get infracted, yes that is a real restaurant, and yes it is delicious. Slaol can vouch for me on this.

Also Z Tejas. Their Diablo Pasta is the shit. And they have complementary valet parking. I think they also have some gluten free/vegan/vegetarian/<insert diet here> stuff too.

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Gerik View Post
    You're in Austin? Nice. If you like burgers, you should try Your Mom's Burger Bar. And before I get infracted, yes that is a real restaurant, and yes it is delicious. Slaol can vouch for me on this.

Also Z Tejas. Their Diablo Pasta is the shit. And they have complementary valet parking. I think they also have some gluten free/vegan/vegetarian/<insert diet here> stuff too.
    I feel 'Mighty Fine' > Your moms burger bar
    Also 'Big Daddys' has crazy cool burgers *Such as a Mack n Cheeze burger* and they have bad ass 'frozen shots' and a super huge projection TV. One of the best places in austin to kick it for a game. Damn good food and they have this 'Jack and coke slushy' that.. Well... It does its work..

Z Tejas is ok. Dated a girl that worked there for 2 years. I hit up 'Jack Allens Kitchen' a few times a week. He was partners with the guy that owns Z Tejas and made his own gig a little north of Austin. Best sloppy joe (Sloppy jack) ever and their 'Chicken fried ribs'... Yeah.. I also die for their quesadilla. Jack is an asshole and I love his lack of 'give-a-fuck' in all matters of personal interaction. Toby and Carolyn are the best bar tenders ever. Melissa is ok and the other guy is too. (I dont even care to know his name but he will get you DRUNK). Toby even threw me some vadge one time when I was too drunk to spit game with his badass wing-man ability's. (everything is grown local/all natural btw and I cant not mention their egg enchilada)

BB Rovers... Worth checking out. Crazy good sausage breakfast burger, Crazy good Queso, and about 300 beers on the menu. My brother-in-laws dad tried to buy this place but its run by a few brothers that dont do it for the money. It may have been decorated by a crack head but damn they have good food.. Its all local home grown goodness. You cant go wrong here. Note that they are way under staffed.. And they want it that way? Bad management..

Avoid Papa Sitos's. Good local grown food but its like they made a crack den classy. You can suffer 50$ plates for very bad service in a 2$ chair

Dont forget 'Kens taco stand' off Breaker lane.. Super huge tacos real cheap and all natural.. Not much to say about that other than I think they slip crack in their tacos.. I am feanding right now..

I know theres that rule about supporting business and such but I feel this post fits. If not let me know.

If you venture into south Texas I have 2 places that you will die for. Mentioning my name could get you a free meal as well.. I buy in bulk when at the rig : )
    Just some suggestions. My boy lives in Dallas and swears by a BBQ spot and my military buddy lives in Houston and has a huge list of people he says are good but that idiot has no taste..

-Edit
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post
    I am legitimately, at all times, considering making the 3 hour drive just to get Your Mom's Burgers from Austin.
    If you do hit me up. 6th street can be a very fun place if you know when to show up and where the drunk UT girls end their night. You dont even have to try.

-Edit 2

Forgot to mention that Mighty Fine got the malcolm baldrige national quality award. This is the only management company to do so in Texas. Huge deal.. (They also own Rudys which is a good spot)
    Last edited by Helz; August 20th, 2013 at 10:20 PM.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkLiveLife View Post
    I feel 'Mighty Fine' > Your moms burger bar
    Also 'Big Daddys' has crazy cool burgers *Such as a Mack n Cheeze burger* and they have bad ass 'frozen shots' and a super huge projection TV. One of the best places in austin to kick it for a game. Damn good food and they have this 'Jack and coke slushy' that.. Well... It does its work..

Z Tejas is ok. Dated a girl that worked there for 2 years. I hit up 'Jack Allens Kitchen' a few times a week. He was partners with the guy that owns Z Tejas and made his own gig a little north of Austin. Best sloppy joe (Sloppy jack) ever and their 'Chicken fried ribs'... Yeah.. I also die for their quesadilla. Jack is an asshole and I love his lack of 'give-a-fuck' in all matters of personal interaction. Toby and Carolyn are the best bar tenders ever. Melissa is ok and the other guy is too. (I dont even care to know his name but he will get you DRUNK). Toby even threw me some vadge one time when I was too drunk to spit game with his badass wing-man ability's. (everything is grown local/all natural btw and I cant not mention their egg enchilada)

BB Rovers... Worth checking out. Crazy good sausage breakfast burger, Crazy good Queso, and about 300 beers on the menu. My brother-in-laws dad tried to buy this place but its run by a few brothers that dont do it for the money. It may have been decorated by a crack head but damn they have good food.. Its all local home grown goodness. You cant go wrong here. Note that they are way under staffed.. And they want it that way? Bad management..

Avoid Papa Sitos's. Good local grown food but its like they made a crack den classy. You can suffer 50$ plates for very bad service in a 2$ chair

Dont forget 'Kens taco stand' off Breaker lane.. Super huge tacos real cheap and all natural.. Not much to say about that other than I think they slip crack in their tacos.. I am feanding right now..

I know theres that rule about supporting business and such but I feel this post fits. If not let me know.

If you venture into south Texas I have 2 places that you will die for. Mentioning my name could get you a free meal as well.. I buy in bulk when at the rig : )
    Just some suggestions. My boy lives in Dallas and swears by a BBQ spot and my military buddy lives in Houston and has a huge list of people he says are good but that idiot has no taste..

-Edit

If you do hit me up. 6th street can be a very fun place if you know when to show up and where the drunk UT girls end their night. You dont even have to try.

-Edit 2

Forgot to mention that Mighty Fine got the malcolm baldrige national quality award. This is the only management company to do so in Texas. Huge deal.. (They also own Rudys which is a good spot)
    Damn, dude. Sounds like you know your stuff. I'll have to try those places. I'll admit most of my restaurant knowledge in Austin is limited to what's on/around the drag, since I'm a UT student and spend most of my time around there since it's convenient. I'll be moving back up to Austin in a few days.

You mentioned a rig, so I take it you have a job related to oil? I guess that would explain how you can afford to eat out so much. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    p terrys > your mothers
    A lot of my friends in Austin swear by P. Terry's, but I have yet to try it. I'll have to do that this year. Have you actually tried Your Mom's, or are you just so enamored with P. Terry's that you just assume it's better? lol

We totally hijacked this thread... Sorry Clar Appley! Good luck with your gluten...thing!

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by Gerik View Post
    Damn, dude. Sounds like you know your stuff. I'll have to try those places. I'll admit most of my restaurant knowledge in Austin is limited to what's on/around the drag, since I'm a UT student and spend most of my time around there since it's convenient. I'll be moving back up to Austin in a few days.

You mentioned a rig, so I take it you have a job related to oil? I guess that would explain how you can afford to eat out so much. lol

A lot of my friends in Austin swear by P. Terry's, but I have yet to try it. I'll have to do that this year. Have you actually tried Your Mom's, or are you just so enamored with P. Terry's that you just assume it's better? lol

We totally hijacked this thread... Sorry Clar Appley! Good luck with your gluten...thing!
    There use to be a Thai noodle place that was crazy good on the drag. Not sure if its still there..