Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity

I have been diagnosed with "Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity", which is like Celiac Disease, but different in a few ways.

https://www.celiaccentral.org/non-cel...n-sensitivity/

The main difference is that my immune system does not overreact and damage my intestines, it just attacks everything that isn't "me" whenever gluten is present.

Anyone else have Gluten Sensitivity or Celiac Disease?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    You should be priviledged to experience bestmas.

"waah the screen is shaking, waah my delicate eyes".

Fuck sake.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Is it similar to carbohydrate intolerance?
    I assume carbohydrate intolerance means you cannot eat anything with carbs xD

I can't eat anything with Gluten in it(which means anything with wheat, since Gluten is a by-product of wheat), so carbs from wheat based stuff would be similar I think.

Fuck sake.

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by AppleyNO View Post
    I assume carbohydrate intolerance means you cannot eat anything with carbs xD

I can't eat anything with Gluten in it(which means anything with wheat, since Gluten is a by-product of wheat), so carbs from wheat based stuff would be similar I think.
    well i can eat carbs but only a few grams a day! but it was inconclusive if i could have gluten. I cant have like any starch. Are you bummed at all? Have yu tried any gluten free products. I've tried tonnes. I like Silver Hills bread, but its Canadian so I dno if you guys get it. Avoid white rice/white potato pasta/bread/baked goods. They're really unhealthy and just not good. But quinoa pasta/breads are pretty good! Chia/flax seeds are good. I would eat a lot of quinoa if i was you and brown or wild rice. I dnno how much you actually like grains so it might not really have that big of an effect on your life!

i<3cryptonic

5. ISO #5

well i can eat carbs but only a few grams a day! but it was inconclusive if i could have gluten. I cant have like any starch. Are you bummed at all? Have yu tried any gluten free products. I've tried tonnes. I like Silver Hills bread, but its Canadian so I dno if you guys get it. Avoid white rice/white potato pasta/bread/baked goods. They're really unhealthy and just not good. But quinoa pasta/breads are pretty good! Chia/flax seeds are good. I would eat a lot of quinoa if i was you and brown or wild rice. I dnno how much you actually like grains so it might not really have that big of an effect on your life!
    Wait, like carbs in general or specific forms of carbohydrates?

Also gluten is unhealthy even for people who don't have severe adverse reactions to it (celiac's and the condition mentioned in OP) so we should all try and eat less of that.

6. ISO #6

Yea, we have been looking into Gluten-free foods and we found some places here in Texas where they bake only Gluten-free. I'm actually a little excited.... except that I can't eat fast food now D:

Fuck sake.

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorblaze View Post
    Wait, like carbs in general or specific forms of carbohydrates?

Also gluten is unhealthy even for people who don't have severe adverse reactions to it (celiac's and the condition mentioned in OP) so we should all try and eat less of that.
    just all carbs in general lol its really lame. Glutens really only unhealthy if you're eating a really processed "white version" of it. But yah, you don't need much!

i<3cryptonic

8. ISO #8

just all carbs in general lol its really lame. Glutens really only unhealthy if you're eating a really processed "white version" of it. But yah, you don't need much!
    It's just hard to imagine it's all carbs considering they're essential to the human body, but I could definitely see being sensitive to many of the forms that are widely available in. All things are better in moderation though.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

That book looks like it has a hard time deciding if it's pushing the "caveman" diet fad or if it's about homestyle cooking, which are two VERY different things.
    Its still very good, and my I remind you that it has an excellent recipe for fish tacos; but all the same it may have some recipes that will end working and it may not, depends on the person.

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

IDK about fish tacos, but I'm definitely game for some new recipes to try.
    Just whatever you do, never ever decide to go on raw living, it's almost as crazy as scientology (there are benefits of doing it, however being strictly raw cuts out a lot of the fats and proteins you need to survive).

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by HerrZynisch View Post
    Just whatever you do, never ever decide to go on raw living, it's almost as crazy as scientology (there are benefits of doing it, however being strictly raw cuts out a lot of the fats and proteins you need to survive).
    That's hogwash. Apple, go out to a stream, catch a fish with your bare hands and Gollum-style that thing! Embrace your new life!!

Serious note though, stay positive and such. The mind has more influence over the body then the body does, and these days I prefer not to call it "fast food" but more "synthetic edibles". Theres an allowable additive amount of sand as filler in the taco bell meat. I am sure you will live much longer than the rest because of this.

15. ISO #15

the gluten-free diet for people who arent gluten intolerant is a fad diet

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkLiveLife View Post
    If your around Austin I could throw some suggestions out there. It seems like every other girl I take out has some weird thing with food so I know the restaurant scene pretty well.
    hipsters.

16. ISO #16

My father has Celiac Disease.

And apparently it's genetic, so I'll probably develop it one day as well.

EDIT: But seeing as my father didn't start showing symptoms until he was 50 or so, that should give me at least 30 more years to nom all the bread and pasta I want!
    Last edited by Glip; August 20th, 2013 at 09:23 AM.

17. ISO #17

Quote Originally Posted by sc2reboot View Post
    That's hogwash. Apple, go out to a stream, catch a fish with your bare hands and Gollum-style that thing! Embrace your new life!!
    Rofl

I had a friend that jumped on that cave man diet. Didn't do a thing for him and he was a total buzz kill for a month with his 'alcohol is not natural enough' crap. I still give him shit for that and its been a year.

18. ISO #18

It's just hard to imagine it's all carbs considering they're essential to the human body, but I could definitely see being sensitive to many of the forms that are widely available in. All things are better in moderation though.
    its not a "sensitivity to carbohydrates" its an intolerance, an inability to break them down and digest them. You really dont need many carbs to live at all. I can have minimal amounts. Like i can eat a piece of bread every other day for about 6 days. And it doesnt bother me too much. But I jsut try to have proteins and fats to live optimally. My body works best when im having like 30 grams of carbs a day about.

Paleo is a good diet to try for you appley, just involes lots of veggies and meats!

i<3cryptonic

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

just so you know appley (not sure if this only applies to people who are celiacs or not) but any place that cooks non-gluten free things (like your toaster at home) makes your food non gluten free. But that probably only applies to celiacs. who knows.
    Yea, I was reading a lot about that.

I'm not that sensitive to it, but I've been trying to avoid cross-contamination when possible. My dads-friend used to work at Red Robin and he told us that someone asked for gluten-free fries, and the cooks messed up the "gluten-free" oil with the regular oil and the guy was throwing up all over the place.

So trying to avoid it. xD

Fuck sake.