Do Mods play public mafia games anymore?
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Do Mods play public mafia games anymore?

Hi, I've been curious about this because this forum is pretty active.

I have been playing mafia a lot lately in the last two months, and have only ran into two moderators (that I know of). Are moderators playing on smurfs? Or are they refusing to reveal themselves? Are you guys playing private games? Or maybe taking the time to judge replays is so time consuming that it's hard to even find time to play the actual game.

Anyways, I'm mainly wondering because there was a time when I would play a lot of mafia and would run into moderators very often. I remember this one night where I had 3 moderators (i think they were mods) in one game. I don't see these guys anymore and am guessing they have quit the game. If you mods are just being shy, please don't! I think it would be cool to see moderators in pub games and interacting with common mafians.
    WHITE BOY SLIM WAS HER~

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Do Mods play public mafia games anymore?

I played a lot a few months ago, I've since lost some interest. It'll probably come back in a month or so
    I know Appley, Slaol, fred, Damus and some others play the game frequently too.

Spoiler : :
    FM XIV - Rapture : Denizen
    FM XV - Star Wars : Citizen
    FM XIV - FuzzyWuzzyTown : Doctor

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Hey! One of those mods you played with here xD

I usually play Pub Sc2 mafia games, and I will reveal myself near the end... I also play throughout the day and the night sometimes, it just depends.

When there are more than one mod in a game, we try not to make our presence known. (I say try because we suck at doing that)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    You should be priviledged to experience bestmas.

"waah the screen is shaking, waah my delicate eyes".

Fuck sake.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorblaze View Post
    Still not sure why.
    Neither do I :P I asked to no longer be forum mod, but I think there was miscommunication xD

Fuck sake.

17. ISO #17

Oh, I remember spotting RaptorBlaze in one game, and I immediately alerted everyone of his presence. I think there's some tool bag out there that is copying your name (I think it's quite flattering), and actually plays the game legit. Kinda like how there are a couple of players named IDRA in low-level starcraft ladder. I also think I saw DR in one of the games, but I don't think it was the actual DR.

AppleyNO, I definitely remember that game! I think you died early because it seems to always be a manhunt for the moderator. Probably why a lot of moderators go stealth. I hope you get your powers back!
    WHITE BOY SLIM WAS HER~

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

Quote Originally Posted by WHITE BOY SLIM AYO View Post
    Oh cool, I guess they play during the daytime then when there are tons of players on. I usually just play night games because it's a lot less trolling and it's more of a tight knit community.
    You play NIGHT games because there is less trolling?

Clearly you have never played DAY games... theres no trolling in day games, just honest and sincere stupidity. Take your pick... I prefer the fun trolls in the late night, I do find we are kind of a tight knit group and have fun playing in those wee hours of the night. "Day players" are too uptight for my enjoyment.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkLiveLife View Post
    I would point out that I haven't seen 'Player X is a moderator' at the start of the game but I have seen players In the games I know are admin or mods.

A nice tell is when that sneaky player starts having his char walk around the screen..
    Their character walks around the screen...? I have never seen that and have played quite a few games with moderators

21. ISO #21

Quote Originally Posted by jebediah26 View Post
    Their character walks around the screen...? I have never seen that and have played quite a few games with moderators
    Admins.

Fuck sake.

22. ISO #22

Quote Originally Posted by jebediah26 View Post
    Admins, like myself, can unlock units to let them walk around. It is easily the best part of Mafia since Stump.

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24