M-FM XIX The Curse of Castle Varen Gamethread - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who do you feel deserves MVP?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sholanda Dykes

0 0%
  • Uncle Kappy

0 0%
  • Tommy Calhoun

0 0%
  • Ricky Spanish

1 7.14%
  • Dr Jordan Edilstein

1 7.14%
  • Elisha Wilkner

0 0%
  • Pete Pendelman

1 7.14%
  • Sgt. Pepper

0 0%
  • Roland Chang

6 42.86%
  • Martin Sugar

0 0%
  • Professor Baxter

0 0%
  • Tom Yabo

0 0%
  • Demitri Krotchlikmioff

1 7.14%
  • Charles Bronson

1 7.14%
  • Lestat de Lioncourt

0 0%
  • Max Jets

0 0%
  • Sidney Huffman

0 0%
  • Rashid

0 0%
  • Laura Vanderbooben

0 0%
  • Ace Chapman

3 21.43%
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #51

2. ISO #52

3. ISO #53

4. ISO #54

5. ISO #55

6. ISO #56

7. ISO #57

8. ISO #58

9. ISO #59

10. ISO #60

11. ISO #61

12. ISO #62

13. ISO #63

14. ISO #64

15. ISO #65

Re: M-FM XVIII - The Curse of Castle Varen

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    Havent you seen some shows where one of his ego successfully kill another ego, or kill himself and he just pop up from nowhere as plain Roger or his another ego?
    I don't watch it, but I know they just kill eachother off. I was just asking for the sake of asking and hearing answers.

16. ISO #66

17. ISO #67

18. ISO #68

19. ISO #69

20. ISO #70

Posting on your main account counts as COM claiming. Players committing the act will receive a warning as stated in the rules.
    PLEASE! If you post on your main account, PLEASE don't post a second time being like "oh derp i posted on my main".

btw, you will not be notified if someone has been replaced at any point in the game.

21. ISO #71

22. ISO #72

23. ISO #73

24. ISO #74

25. ISO #75

26. ISO #76

27. ISO #77

28. ISO #78

29. ISO #79

30. ISO #80

Concerning the setup, at first glance I would assume we have a number of Doctors and/or bodyguards. The reason I think this is that the only people who can be an investigative role are the Federal Agents, and there are only two of them. Which leads me to my first question for the host: Were the roles completely randomized? Cause if they were, discussing most likely roles is pointless, as the host did not select them.

On Lestat: I'm not really sure what he's up to. My first reaction is Jester, but I'm not 100 percent sure.

Also, this will be my last post for tonight. Good night everyone; I shall speak to you all again tomorrow.

31. ISO #81

32. ISO #82

33. ISO #83

34. ISO #84

35. ISO #85

Oh gawsh, first Orpzes, then PoDs, now we have Angry Birds to contend with. This is just getting out of hand...

On a more serious note, though, I have a couple of questions for those who are still here:
    1. Assuming the answer to Madbird's question is no, what roles do you think the host would choose for the various alignments?
    2. What do you think of Roland's one "tl,dr" post? Scummy, trolly, other?
    3. ...That's all I got at the moment. I'm on Eastern time and it's almost 1:00AM, so I'm a little fried right now. I'm gonna stay up a little longer and see who answers these and hopefully spark some discussion so I have something to read in the morning.

36. ISO #86

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Chapman View Post
    Oh gawsh, first Orpzes, then PoDs, now we have Angry Birds to contend with. This is just getting out of hand...

On a more serious note, though, I have a couple of questions for those who are still here:
    1. Assuming the answer to Madbird's question is no, what roles do you think the host would choose for the various alignments?
    Hmm maybe we have many citizens, I gotta look deeper in the set up before i can analyze.
    Tl dr? What does it mean? I dont understand.
    3. ...That's all I got at the moment. I'm on Eastern time and it's almost 1:00AM, so I'm a little fried right now. I'm gonna stay up a little longer and see who answers these and hopefully spark some discussion so I have something to read in the morning.
    Ah Im at east coast too, might join you in a few mins

37. ISO #87

38. ISO #88

I'll answer

1. Neutral wise we will probably have a benign so I am guessing jester/amnesiac. I'm not sure if there is going to be an exec. I think we are going to end up having a cult just because the art collectors are going to have to be against someone major. Then probably a ritual killer for a neutral killing. Jester/Exec Cult LeaderRitual Killer Those are my thoughts on the neutrals atm.

2. I think it was just a troll post or he didn't care when he wrote it because it is late for some people and I'm sure most of the people won't post for a while still.

I'll comment on the art collector team in a min.

39. ISO #89

40. ISO #90

Quote Originally Posted by Sholanda Dykes View Post
    I'll answer

1. Neutral wise we will probably have a benign so I am guessing jester/amnesiac. I'm not sure if there is going to be an exec. I think we are going to end up having a cult just because the art collectors are going to have to be against someone major. Then probably a ritual killer for a neutral killing. Jester/Exec Cult Leader Ritual Killer Those are my thoughts on the neutrals atm.

2. I think it was just a troll post or he didn't care when he wrote it because it is late for some people and I'm sure most of the people won't post for a while still.

I'll comment on the art collector team in a min.
    Sheesh those came in very dark.

41. ISO #91

Right now I'll comment on the federal agents. I am sure that one of them is going to be a sheriff/invest/det/lookout because we need an investigative role. The other I can see being a killing role. If we end up having a blacksmith then maybe I can see the federals being both investigative roles since the blacksmith can hand out guns.

42. ISO #92

43. ISO #93

1: Thief (the mod really put effort in that rolecard, so there's a chance he wants someone to play it).
    If there's a coroner, then there's a janitor (since this site is pretty strict with setups being standard).
    Graverobber (see Thief).
    Either Cult, Ritual Killer or Banshee.
    A single journalist.
    Some protectives.
    Many vanillas and probably a blacksmith.

2: Trolls tend to be scum, so yeah. Scummy.

44. ISO #94

East coast buddies 4evah! tl;dr means "Too long; didn't read". I'm unsure if he was saying this to the host's post about COM claiming to troll, or to the thread in general. He could just be trolling, but as I see it, that post seems very un-Townlike, as the day chat is the Town's most powerful tool. And I am assuming many Citizens as well, since the NK(s) can choose to appear as Citizen, and Godfather appears as Citizen as well, so there would have to be a lot of Citizens for them to hide with. But as the Angry Bird pointed out (Lol I love calling him that), if the host randomized roles, then setup-analysis is screwed. But I highly doubt it, as that could lead to a very imbalanced game.

I also agree with Sholanda's Federal Agent analysis, as it would make the most sense. Not sure about the Neutral analysis; I'll be going over that myself in a minute.

Thomas, why do you assume only 1 Journalist? And what do you think of Edilstein's possible Amnesiac soft-claim?

45. ISO #95

Lol...jeez...so much fail today

I can't bring myself to RP an angel attempting to carry out the apocalypse so I'll just be a bisexual vampire for my namesake.

1) Godfather included, Consort/Consigliere because it's a solid scum role and able to CC strong Town roles, Thief because of setup/Rp, and for the last one, maybe Framer. Host believes Framer is a strong role and in this setup, it has additional abilities to deceive Lookouts/Detectives, instead of just Sheriffs/Invests.

Town is an orgy of possible roles. I would expect the Federal Agent roles to be 1 Killing and 1 Invest, rather than both of the same type. Thrill Seeker is at least 3 citizens for balance. I would be surprised to see less.

Neutral is probably contain a Witch. They're a common role and theres magic in this castle and shit. Exec/Jester/Amnesiac are another common set of roles for Neutrals, not too unbelievable. Last one is a tossup between SK/Arsonist for KPN. While Cult is possible (if it is, I'd say there's no Witch), I prefer to be optimistic and hope it isn't.

2) I get a Town read off of it, as Mafias tend to be more cautious in their posts, and I don't read disrespecting a host's post as cautious.

3) That's not a question.

46. ISO #96

Also, there are 3 neutrals; Lord and Lady Varen, and their Groundskeeper. Just a little something to keep in mind when you analyze Neutrals(which I shall go do right now)

Also, what do you think of the possibility that the host included 1 or 2 Blacksmiths and made both Agents Investigative? Possible? Unlikely?

47. ISO #97

48. ISO #98

Ok for the mercenaries I believe they will have a consig/consort.
    Everyone says thief and it seems very probable the way the set up is made.
    I don't think it will be a framer though. I think it might actually be a tailor if we have a grave robber as a neutral.

Tailor makes a citizen look like a vigilante lets just say.
    Graverobber robs the corpse. Graverobber is useless for a night. I think janitor/tailor is going to be in game if we have a grave robber as neutral. If grave robber as neutral then I am guessing Amnesiac/Jester then grave robber and then a ritual killer.

49. ISO #99

OH, and on the note of Framer confusing Detectives/Lookouts, and host's belief about Framers, I wouldn't think it unlikely for our Investigative Agent to be one of these roles. (Okay, I'm done. Proceeding with Neutral analysis)
    Considering we are going to only know for sure we will have 1 invest role, but I think that we are going to have 2 and a blacksmith a framer isn't that helpful in a set up like this. It is very unlikely for them to actually hit a framed target when you have so little invests in the game.

50. ISO #100

Thomas, why do you assume only 1 Journalist? And what do you think of Edilstein's possible Amnesiac soft-claim?
    I was considering a late game with two journalist (either claims or found by invest) and a sheriff; if the sheriff checks one, the other would likely be in the opposite faction, effectively getting one scum while clearing a player.

About the Amnesiac, I'm not sure. Any non-killing/non-cult neutral (besides the Executioner, who is forced to be anti-town) has an equal ammount of power to turn the table as he/she pleases.