Closed Setups
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Closed Setups

1. ISO #1

Closed Setups

I know that the SC2Mafia meta is big on open setups and role cards.

Given that my home site regularly runs closed setups, I wonder if it could be viable as a S-FM game.

Closed Setups is a setup where the setup isn't revealed to the public. Each role is secret, and players can falseclaim anything.

Players will have to rely on post analysis more than role flips in a closed setup. Ton more skill intensive too.

Is there any interest for this/how would I go around hosting one?

2. ISO #2

Re: Closed Setups

Wouldn't be a Mafia game. Guessing game.
    We are opposed to the line of compromise with imperialism. At the same time, we cannot tolerate the practice of only shouting against imperialism, but, in actual fact, being afraid to fight it. Kim Il Sung
    [CENTER]S-FM: Bus Drivers, S-FM: Trust, S-FM: Double Killers, S-FM: Double Killers Too, S-FM: Heart of the Swarm [COLOR="#FF0000"]HOST[SIZE=1]

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by Poriomania View Post
    I know that the SC2Mafia meta is big on open setups and role cards.

Given that my home site regularly runs closed setups, I wonder if it could be viable as a S-FM game.

Closed Setups is a setup where the setup isn't revealed to the public. Each role is secret, and players can falseclaim anything.

Players will have to rely on post analysis more than role flips in a closed setup. Ton more skill intensive too.

Is there any interest for this/how would I go around hosting one?
    I'd love to give it a try. Obviously the setup would go through Borkbot/Cryptonic so that the players can trust it is a real scenario. But I am confident that plenty of people would enjoy this idea.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Closed setups are fine. Just make a setup like this: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...847-S-FM-Radio ;where the role list is all Random/Hidden Any, then follow the same procedure for a normal setup. When being judged, you will be required to disclose a role list to an SFM moderator.

Unless you mean that even the possible roles are hidden, then the answer is no since every player must be able to know what every role is capable of by the displayed rolecards.
    Last edited by Cryptonic; June 8th, 2013 at 09:20 AM.

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    Particularly with non analytic player bases.
    The problem comes with it's impossible to know how many scum for each faction and impossible to know if your host is intelligent enough to make a setup that is balanced while still being not-so-standard enough that the setup can't be meta'd.

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by Creedkingsx View Post
    The problem comes with it's impossible to know how many scum for each faction and impossible to know if your host is intelligent enough to make a setup that is balanced while still being not-so-standard enough that the setup can't be meta'd.
    Even though something might slip by us occasionally, that's what Cryptonic and I are here for ;)
    [FMVI: Angel FMVIII: Gunsmith FMIX: Peasant FMX: Blacksmith
    MFM-I: Serial Killer MFM-II: Citizen MFM-III: Detective MFM-IV: Godfather/Witch MFM-V: Emperor MFM-VI:Host
    SFM-I: Spy SFM-II: Bandit SFM-III: Host SFM-VI: Skeleton Knight
    Awards: MFM-IV MVP SFM-VI MVP]