Forum Mafia IV {Q & A}
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #1

Forum Mafia IV {Q & A}

Post here if you want to sign up for the next Forum mafia.

Oops and I are co-hosting. The games rules and role list will appear after the old game is over and signs up seem to have tapered off.

Players:
    [spoiler]NorthStar
    Darkness
    MrSmarter
    AscendedOne
    Zane
    divemaster127
    Yayap
    McPwnage
    FalseTruth
    Procyon
    CaressMeTenderly
    Crimson
    Capitalier
    Elixir
    TheJackofSpades
    Ganondorf
    Deathfire123
    Deolrin
    monster
    MileS
    Severn
    nanosystem
    Goonswarm
    Illidan
    Rumpel
    Muso
    Raiden
    Zack
    philie
    fred
    S.A.S.Somethingsomethingalpha
    Jaczac
    Davidson
    Dark.Revenant
    Inca_Killa
    [/spoiler]

Role List:
    [spoiler]Godfather
    Consig
    Consort
    Mafioso
    Drug Dealer
    Puppeteer
    Disguiser
    Framer
    Janitor

Sheriff
    Invest
    Citizen
    Bodyguard
    Occultist
    Bus Driver
    Coroner
    Mason
    Mayor
    Detective
    Lookout
    Doctor
    Jailor
    Armor smith
    Gunsmith
    Vigilante
    Veteran
    Revolutionist

Arsonist
    Serial Killer
    Ghost
    Witch
    Jester
    Student
    Executioner
    Survivor
    Cult Leader
    [/spoiler]

Rules:
    1. No talking outside of the forum we provide for you.
    2. No PMs on either forum.
    3. No codes allowed unless approved by Oops or Claw.
    You can only use ciphers and codes that do not require encryption. AKA, anything that changes a message to a different form that can be reversed into the original message is illegal. Code words and words formed by first letters in sentences/paragraphs/whatever are fine. Anything that requires more than pencil and paper to decipher is illegal. All codes must be plainly visible by anyone using a standard web browser.
    4. Trolling will not be tolerated.
    5. Quoting role cards will result in you being removed for a reserve player. All role cards will be shown on the day 1 post so they prove nothing anyway. They can be faked.
    6. Giving up or not playing to win will result in being removed for a reserve player.
    7. Cheating in any way will get you removed for a reserve player.
    8. Being Narks will get you removed for a reserve player.

Limited uses:
    Vigilante gets 4 shots.
    Mayor gets 5 votes.
    Jailor gets 4 executions
    Janitor has 4 cleanings.
    Survivor has 3 vests
    Citizen has 1 vest.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3
    The wolfman 32

Re: Forum Mafia IV -Sign Up Thread-

/sign

4. ISO #4

Almost anyone can play. Rules will be made and breaking any of the rules will result in removal from the game, but initial play will be allowed. Just don't go in planning on screwing your team over by getting removed or else you will be banned from further games. Like what Narks did.

I don't know whether Narks is going to be allowed to play in this game...We'll see.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6
    AscendedOne

/sign

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8
    divemaster127

/Sign and plz dont let narks in

9. ISO #9
    Yayap

I want in.

Looks like I won't have to read Claw this game. I hope that JackofSpades plays in this one.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

/sign and please set the color inside the spoiler to white. Thanks.

Spoiler : FM Roles :
    FM I: FalseTruth the Half-Breed | FM II: FalseTruth the Plato's Bitch | FM III: Co-Host | FM IV: Gabriele the Dirty Nazi Hookah | FM V: Theodore the Ambitious | FM VI: FalseTruth the Bothersome Sloth | FM VII: Peter the Troll | FM VIII: Host | FM IX: Larisa the Cappertiller | FM X: FM Lysergic the Evil Genius | FM XI: Udyr the Lurking Oracle

12. ISO #12
    Procyon

I'll join, and Alpha will also be joining.

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19
    Yayap

Quote Originally Posted by TheJackofSpades View Post
    I will compete under the condition that I do not need a degree in code breaking in order to remain competitive this time around.
    No code breaking degree required to be competitive. The only coded messages I found were the obvious ones that didn't help on day 1. But yeah, I agree that super coded messages shouldn't be in the game.

JackofSpades, you earned my respect from FM2 and I would greatly appriciate playing with you again.

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

Oops is co-hosting with me. No one's pulling any crazy shit that he won't find. He knew the only way someone could crack his code was with Notepad++ so we knew the risks going into it.

We'll be preventing any hypercode usage such as the ones seen in this last game, but sneaky creative codes will be allowed. The ones such as Pwn ru doc will be allowed.

23. ISO #23

/sign I WANT IN!!!!! and not a citizen this time XD
    FMIII: Citizen | FMIV: Vigilante | FMV: Bus Driver | FMVII: Godfather | FMVI: Sinner | FMVIII: Lookout | FM IX: Citizen/Proletariat | FMX: Veteran/Survivor/Framer | FMXI: Mafioso | FMXII: Coroner | FMXIII: Bus Driver | FMXIV: Vigilante | FMXV: Student

24. ISO #24

As for ciphers, I think a rule like the following is fair:

You can only use ciphers and codes that do not require encryption. AKA, anything that changes a message to a different form that can be reversed into the original message is illegal. Code words and words formed by first letters in sentences/paragraphs/whatever are fine. Anything that requires more than pencil and paper to decipher is illegal. All codes must be plainly visible by anyone using a standard web browser.

25. ISO #25
    Narks

i should write a program to figure out the roles of people with private forums

shouldnt be too hard

26. ISO #26

Please don't. That'd be cruel and unusual. Actually that's right up your ally. Go for it I guess.

You're also not allowed to participate in Forum Mafia IV due to the nature at which you were expunged from the last game.

No one else is on the ban list currently. This ban is indefinite.

27. ISO #27
    AscendedOne

Curiously why is narks STILL a "Respected Member"? I mean WHY? WHY?

28. ISO #28
    Narks

now im definetly going to do it

29. ISO #29

Narks, trust me. I planned on it.

Also narks is the only player to technically win 2 of the 3 games so far. He also won the first game as the Cult Leader which almost no one thought he was. He's not a bad player, he's just a troll and doesn't feel like playing the game anymore.

30. ISO #30
    Yayap

Another muted forum member coming soon?
    Oh wait, I think I can hear SAS in the background,. He must have found his voice again.

31. ISO #31
    Deolrin

/Sign.

EDIT: I probably most likely shouldn't be telling this to ANYONE, but you should wait with the sign ups until the current game is over. You will see.

32. ISO #32
    Narks

personally i think i did very well last game, taking a bullet as a citizen

if only disqualification prevented lynching, then i would have saved a town a lynch

33. ISO #33

if you faked town power role a took a bullet during the night you wouldve helped us, the way you died, did not help us at all
    FMIII: Citizen | FMIV: Vigilante | FMV: Bus Driver | FMVII: Godfather | FMVI: Sinner | FMVIII: Lookout | FM IX: Citizen/Proletariat | FMX: Veteran/Survivor/Framer | FMXI: Mafioso | FMXII: Coroner | FMXIII: Bus Driver | FMXIV: Vigilante | FMXV: Student

34. ISO #34
    Narks

not my fault town is retarded

35. ISO #35

not my fault you're retarded

36. ISO #36
    Narks

the video you linked in your signature lowered my IQ by 64%, so yes, it is your fault

37. ISO #37

38. ISO #38

lol. I think your IQ was just normally that low.

39. ISO #39

40. ISO #40
    MileS

Count me in.

41. ISO #41
    AscendedOne

Quote Originally Posted by Claw View Post

Also narks is the only player to technically win 2 of the 3 games so far. He also won the first game as the Cult Leader which almost no one thought he was. He's not a bad player, he's just a troll and doesn't feel like playing the game anymore.
    I don't see how he really deserved either win.

The first game he was a trolling lurker who posted like 4 comments a day in the game and no one really suspected him because of his veil of trolling. A veil which clouds his actual role, because he wont act any different no matter his role. He will not add anything to the conversation hes in etc etc.

He constantly trolled the second and mixxed random accusations in with actual investigations making it impossible to tell whether lynching his target would actually help us.

In the third game he broke the rules as clearly stated before the start. Not really anything to dicuss here.

He was a burden from the very goddamn start. He got title in the first game for pretty much just his night actions (paired with some luck I believe), whereas in the day he did NOTHING WORTHY OF MENTION. Why is he a "respected member" for being a rule breaking troll in forum mafia?

42. ISO #42
    Severn

/sign up

43. ISO #43

Quote Originally Posted by Deolrin View Post
    EDIT: I probably most likely shouldn't be telling this to ANYONE, but you should wait with the sign ups until the current game is over. You will see.
    I can't see how signing up for the next forum mafia will have anything to do with how the current game ends.

44. ISO #44

45. ISO #45

Quote Originally Posted by AscendedOne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Claw View Post

I don't see how he really deserved either win.

The first game he was a trolling lurker who posted like 4 comments a day in the game and no one really suspected him because of his veil of trolling. A veil which clouds his actual role, because he wont act any different no matter his role. He will not add anything to the conversation hes in etc etc.

He constantly trolled the second and mixxed random accusations in with actual investigations making it impossible to tell whether lynching his target would actually help us.

In the third game he broke the rules as clearly stated before the start. Not really anything to dicuss here.

He was a burden from the very goddamn start. He got title in the first game for pretty much just his night actions (paired with some luck I believe), whereas in the day he did NOTHING WORTHY OF MENTION. Why is he a "respected member" for being a rule breaking troll in forum mafia?
    let me summarize your post

I AM SO FUCKING MAD ARGHHHH IM FUCKING MAD

maybe you should realize like narks has been here a 1000 years before you and is friends with rev and shit and procyon so nobody gives a fuck??
    we're all wc3 bros ho~

heil jesus

46. ISO #46

47. ISO #47

48. ISO #48

49. ISO #49

FM-veteran
    FM0:orange Mafioso -- FM1: orange Mafia Consort -- FM2: Citizen/Mason -- FM3: Serialkiller -- FM4: Jester -- FM5: Godfather -- FM7: Coroner
    Killcount so far: 22

Oh, and I sometimes use hyphens - it's a German-thing :3

50. ISO #50
    Narks

Quote Originally Posted by AscendedOne View Post
    \Why is he a "respected member" for being a rule breaking troll in forum mafia?
    at least my cheating is blatantly obvious