The Skywarden effect
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

The Skywarden effect

Hey! This isn't a troll thread so please damus, ne m'envoi pas un avertissement pour me dire que je fais le con, parce que je suis tres serieux dans ce poste

So I consider myself fairly new in the mafia community, being that the game is almost 2 years old and i've only been around for 6 months. I was able to meet tons of cool people, although i've had some crazy run-ins.

Skywarden was probly the funniest mod ever. And he was bad but he would randomly kick people in game because he was loosing, or other crap and it really made me laugh. I remember tho near the end of his mod reign, he was having a mental breakdown or something because he was just crazy. Now we've all seen what happened with landstander, his clan, his mental breakdown, and I was just curious... is this a thing in mafia?

How many other mods like Sky and Land had issues like that before? Link to old threads would be cool, i'm feeling like digging in mafia's drama archive today.

Also, who was peters something? I heard from him a lot he was a mod or something? Peterpowers?

2. ISO #2

Re: The Skywarden effect

Umm there was KevinPowers?

Without going into more drama, basically all three's problem was that they came here to be "leaders" and have power over others, but didn't like the stipulations of said powers leading to disagreements and then rampage. Except sky, he just up and disappeared. Might I suggest filing mod abuse reports when someone behaves like you're alleging sky was? We never got a report on him or he would've been demoted much earlier.

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorblaze View Post
    Umm there was KevinPowers?

Without going into more drama, basically all three's problem was that they came here to be "leaders" and have power over others, but didn't like the stipulations of said powers leading to disagreements and then rampage. Except sky, he just up and disappeared. Might I suggest filing mod abuse reports when someone behaves like you're alleging sky was? We never got a report on him or he would've been demoted much earlier.
    Yea I'll definitly do that in the future. But the several games I would play with sky, one game out of 2 he would kick a couple guys, always giving different reasons. I remember this one time where mafia was winning because a consig had town thinking he was invest and were believing him, so he kicked the 2 townies that were trusting the consig, claiming they were on skype with him, and then kicked the consig to finally give the win to town. That was funny, but yea it was also retarded.

I've never seen land doing shit like that tho. I got kicked out of a game couple weeks ago by fred because at name selection i took fred before him and i think he was pissed because I was spamming day 1 that I was the real fred and if any1 was targetting me that night he would get insta-kick (obviously trolling)

Well fred didn't think it was funny and kicked me without any warning, even tho I was dead and talking with him in dead chat after i had been killed d2 because people didn't like him I guess.

I don't think it was mod abuse but it was fucking gay.

But yea to go back to the subject, ego-tripping mofos sucks, this is the fucking internet if you're trying to have any sort of control over people here then your life must be miserable.

I'd love to help the mafia community, i don't really know much about coding and shit so I wouldn't be of much help but if there's ever a spot that opens up for people to help review reports and what not, let me know. I've been spending way too much time on this game so might as well involve myself more

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Mugy7 View Post
    We had no problems with skywarden. No idea why he disappeared though.
    this just goes to show the disconnect between the most of the modstaff and the actual game. skywarden trolled maf for at least 2 months unchecked, use modspeak to reveal leads, modkicking mafia so town/cult could win, stuff like that

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by badaboom View Post
    I got kicked out of a game couple weeks ago by fred because at name selection i took fred before him and i think he was pissed because I was spamming day 1 that I was the real fred and if any1 was targetting me that night he would get insta-kick (obviously trolling)
    did this actually happen? o.o

9. ISO #9

and once again...no one reported him. We are not omnipresent, we rely on the community to report violations, moderator or not.
    well i told landy of it and showed him several replays, he just didnt care. and landy still had mod powers at that time

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    did this actually happen? o.o
    lololol ya it did, i remember it

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by badaboom View Post
    Hey! This isn't a troll thread so please damus, ne m'envoi pas un avertissement pour me dire que je fais le con, parce que je suis tres serieux dans ce poste

So I consider myself fairly new in the mafia community, being that the game is almost 2 years old and i've only been around for 6 months. I was able to meet tons of cool people, although i've had some crazy run-ins.

Skywarden was probly the funniest mod ever. And he was bad but he would randomly kick people in game because he was loosing, or other crap and it really made me laugh. I remember tho near the end of his mod reign, he was having a mental breakdown or something because he was just crazy. Now we've all seen what happened with landstander, his clan, his mental breakdown, and I was just curious... is this a thing in mafia?

How many other mods like Sky and Land had issues like that before? Link to old threads would be cool, i'm feeling like digging in mafia's drama archive today.

Also, who was peters something? I heard from him a lot he was a mod or something? Peterpowers?
    All you need to know about Kevinpowers is that he works in marketing for EA.

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    well i told landy of it and showed him several replays, he just didnt care. and landy still had mod powers at that time
    Yes, report a worker to another co-worker, not the supervisor >.>
    Last edited by Mugy; May 21st, 2013 at 09:13 PM.

Spoiler : :
    FM XIV - Rapture : Denizen
    FM XV - Star Wars : Citizen
    FM XIV - FuzzyWuzzyTown : Doctor

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

In his defense, apparently land has been telling everyone that he was in charge of mod staff, or at least that he was "admin"
    We should have a big message on the loading screen that says "LANDSTANDER IS NOT AN ADMIN, OR A MODERATOR, OR PART OF STAFF IN ANY WAY."

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    We should have a big message on the loading screen that says "LANDSTANDER IS NOT AN ADMIN, OR A MODERATOR, OR PART OF STAFF IN ANY WAY."
    i like this idea, or maybe an email address set up just for reporting staff to the admins so it cant be altered/deleted

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24