Register

User Tag List

Thread: Filter Logs

1. ISO #1

Filter Logs

I don't know if this is even possible, but it would be nice to have if it is.

Is it possible to modify the message log UI to allow filtering by players?
    Spoiler : FM Experience :
    Spoiler : L-FM :
    FMXVII FM Roronoa Zoro - Obvious Jester - Lost, FMXVII FM Ryan - Citizen -Lost
    Spoiler : S-FM :
    S-FM 81 Bus Drivers: Bus Driver - Lost, S-FM 86 Plane Crash: Jailor Won, S-FM 84 Heart of The Swarm: Citizen - Won, S-FM 82 Colonization: Host - 3 Town Survivors, S-FM 71 MLP FiM I: Doctor - Lost, S-FM 68 Democracy: Citizen - Lost

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: Filter Logs

It would be useful and showing the skill of managing information.

I would support the idea if interface won't become too complicated.
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

If I implemented this would you release it?
    S-FM 81 Bus Drivers: Bus Driver - Lost, S-FM 86 Plane Crash: Jailor Won, S-FM 84 Heart of The Swarm: Citizen - Won, S-FM 82 Colonization: Host - 3 Town Survivors, S-FM 71 MLP FiM I: Doctor - Lost, S-FM 68 Democracy: Citizen - Lost

9. ISO #9

There's nothing that you could implement. The whole issue comes from optimization; there's just no way of making is space and operation efficient without rewriting the whole system, which is a gigantic pain in the ass.

If memory is not a concern then it's pretty easy; just store a separate log for each particular player and swap between them as required.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.Revenant View Post
    Anyway, hopefully this won't cause problems. If it does I'll have to roll back the implementation.
    Wait does that mean you are trying to make it happen by expending memory? If so that's cool assuming it doesn't cause problems as suggested.

Also I looked through the scripting language and have decided blizzard need to expand the scripting capabilities because that's some weak stuff.