new setup option - disable animations
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

new setup option - disable animations

as title suggests i think there should be an option on setup (where enable last will, enable pm, enable custom name) would go

checking this box would disable all animations in the game, making the game strictly text based. sure you can still do the night moving around so its not "nothing" but just get rid of walking to the podeum, no more taking an extra 20seconds to read how the person died, amne wouldnt pop up.

(lynches would still animate)

all of these messeges would still appear in the text log, it just wouldnt take up time and animation.

the purpose of this suggestion is to make the game shorter to the point where if i have trial set at 30seconds, night 30seconds, and day at 1minute.

a 10 day/night game would only take 20minutes (assuming someone is put on trial every day) + 1 for game setup and start, +30seconds for choosing names, +20seconds per lynch.

as opposed to the current setup of a 10 day/night match averaging 34minutes.

and it would be an option, no more no less, people should have the right to choose.

2. ISO #2

Re: new setup option - disable animations

Quote Originally Posted by kyle1234513 View Post
    as title suggests i think there should be an option on setup (where enable last will, enable pm, enable custom name) would go

checking this box would disable all animations in the game, making the game strictly text based. sure you can still do the night moving around so its not "nothing" but just get rid of walking to the podeum, no more taking an extra 20seconds to read how the person died, amne wouldnt pop up.

(lynches would still animate)

all of these messeges would still appear in the text log, it just wouldnt take up time and animation.

the purpose of this suggestion is to make the game shorter to the point where if i have trial set at 30seconds, night 30seconds, and day at 1minute.

a 10 day/night game would only take 20minutes (assuming someone is put on trial every day) + 1 for game setup and start, +30seconds for choosing names, +20seconds per lynch.

as opposed to the current setup of a 10 day/night match averaging 34minutes.

and it would be an option, no more no less, people should have the right to choose.
    they already have that. its under night seaquence

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    they already have that. its under night seaquence
    you clearly dont get what im saying, theres a slight pause between day/night even with death description on. its about 3-5seconds long before the "day" messege pops up and it goes to reading off death messeges. its when the timer hits zero, the screen fades to black, and you hear the "pinging" noises.

from when the timer hits zero at night, and between the day timer starts and people can actually talk, its about 35-50seconds. im looking to eliminate that "extra time" from my save because i just dont want it.

i want night timer to end, day timer to immedietly start, and a wall of text to be in the log on your screen for what happens that people should read.(which is why i said all event messeges would still appear in the log so people would know what happens)

4. ISO #4

I do not feel like this idea has any primary benefit other than shortening the game. Pubs already don't think with the times we give them now. I can only imagine this getting worse if we begin chipping away time from the game. Another points against this idea is the fact that people generally skim over the text box and thus information can be missed more easily. Last point is that DR might be unable to code this, but I am not sure on it.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    I do not feel like this idea has any primary benefit other than shortening the game. Pubs already don't think with the times we give them now. I can only imagine this getting worse if we begin chipping away time from the game. Another points against this idea is the fact that people generally skim over the text box and thus information can be missed more easily. Last point is that DR might be unable to code this, but I am not sure on it.
    either pubs read messeges or they dont. they usually do, and day time/night time length can be adjusted to say 3mins day time, 45second night.
    if people are skimming then the only solution is to shorten the messege alltogether, reguardless of how slow you go with the messeges.

overall, game length is just rediculous for how little effort is actually needed for the game.

and yes, the overall purpose of this is to shorten game length.

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by kyle1234513 View Post
    either pubs read messeges or they dont. they usually do, and day time/night time length can be adjusted to say 3mins day time, 45second night.
    if people are skimming then the only solution is to shorten the messege alltogether, reguardless of how slow you go with the messeges.

overall, game length is just rediculous for how little effort is actually needed for the game.

and yes, the overall purpose of this is to shorten game length.
    yes the have shorten version. tis called clue. we use the death knowlageg to see what roles died to what also. imgain if a maf die. how did that maf die? was it jailed, was its vet, was it vig, did mafia get redirected? thats why we have the death in there. the time in between is also probally there to deal the the random variables that can occur. (ie ecorts rbing eahc other or something)