M-FM XVIII Cops & Robbers Gamethread - Page 3
Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #101

Re: M-FM XVII: Cops & Robbers- Day 1

THE REVENGE OF THE SITH IS IMMINENT!

Wait, ehm. I mean, when Fragos starts posting role lists, he must be scum! I remember him doing that when he was arsonist anyway. I mean, like, yeah.

-vote Fragos

*directing lynch away from Damus because I'm sneaky like that*
    [FMVI: Angel FMVIII: Gunsmith FMIX: Peasant FMX: Blacksmith
    MFM-I: Serial Killer MFM-II: Citizen MFM-III: Detective MFM-IV: Godfather/Witch MFM-V: Emperor MFM-VI:Host
    SFM-I: Spy SFM-II: Bandit SFM-III: Host SFM-VI: Skeleton Knight
    Awards: MFM-IV MVP SFM-VI MVP]

2. ISO #102

Codes are, like, alright. But they only work if you leave some sort of reference. Some evil dude could easily copy your code and pretend another message came from you as well, which may do damage before you reveal.

Promise to do X in one of your posts to reveal is completely unreliable unless you put a different action in each mail, because if some dude has a night chat, they could have, like one of their own people do X and pretend to be you.

I guess it works with codes too if you send different codes to each player and post solutions all at once if you want to reveal, but not if you have a single code to identify yourself.

Honestly though, like half the town has a night chat. I'm not so sure if passing around information will be all that helpful to begin with. Exception being if you know with absolute certainty that someone can be trusted. If I remember correctly, last time messages were allowed in a large FM, there was scum in the secret message club being fed information. So yeah, be careful who you tell stuff to and don't rely on anonymous info too much. Because it's, like, not cool if people die because of your carelessness.
    MFM-I: Serial Killer MFM-II: Citizen MFM-III: Detective MFM-IV: Godfather/Witch MFM-V: Emperor MFM-VI:Host

3. ISO #103

Even so, I know that certain people will be willing to take any risks and try to start a big gambit, AppleyNO the Crocodile is the perfect example. Don't underestimate then, Bork.

Spoiler : Forum Mafia History :
    FMVI: Seer FMVII: Lookout FMIX: Propagandist FMX: Arsonist FMXI:Janitor FMXIII: Corrupt Journalist
    FMXIV: Lookout FM XVI: Vigilante FM XVII: Host FM XVIII: Witch FM XIX: Bounty Hunter FMXX: Electro Maniac

4. ISO #104

Quote Originally Posted by BorkBot View Post
    THE REVENGE OF THE SITH IS IMMINENT!

Wait, ehm. I mean, when Fragos starts posting role lists, he must be scum! I remember him doing that when he was arsonist anyway. I mean, like, yeah.

-vote Fragos

*directing lynch away from Damus because I'm sneaky like that*
    Thou are obviously scum with Damus, King Arthur

5. ISO #105

Quote Originally Posted by Fragos View Post
    Even so, I know that certain people will be willing to take any risks and try to start a big gambit, AppleyNO the Crocodile is the perfect example. Don't underestimate then, Bork.
    I have to be honest, Fragos is correct on this. I'm already thinking something up.

On another note, I believe Damus is a Neutral (Benign or Evil).

Auckmid gives me a weird vibes.

I think we have two prisoners. We could also have one.....

Balance will not allow us to have three prisoners IMO.

I was looking at the win conditions:

The Mafia can win with the other Evil, but the Evil Power cannot win with the mafia (or anyone but Evil Support[Which is One role, expect it in the game]) Is this Intended?
    The Prisioner is labeled as "Evil Majority", which doesn't show up on the Win Conditions. What is the Prisoner Win Condition?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    You should be priviledged to experience bestmas.

"waah the screen is shaking, waah my delicate eyes".

Fuck sake.

6. ISO #106

I'm alive but I'll be incredibly busy until Sunday.

PM system can easily be abused. Case in point: in What, I basically copied the 'douse mail' from FMX, even though I was a cultist instead of an Arsonist. I can't say it had any major effect, but it certainly caused confusion. Don't trust PMs. I certainly won't be.

7. ISO #107

It's good to have experience from S-FM What, certainly makes it easy to remember important stuff about PMs.
    It can be a great communication tool, seen in my PM to Orpz which asked for an alliance. It worked, but I accused using the wrong way (I mean, come on, who expects an Operator? I didn't :P).
    Difference here being that the PM is received the next morning, so it may be a bit less useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    i scumreaded him because his posts were gay
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    ah fuck.
    I HARDCLAIM MASON ASSASSIN.

8. ISO #108

9. ISO #109

10. ISO #110

Quote Originally Posted by Numbertwo View Post
    Can the jailor jail and execute after a lynch?
    As far as my knowlage goes with it, if there is a lynch there will be no jailing. jailor = trail take 2

@appley's questions plz wait for slaol for clarification on that

Slaol can give offical rulings on the jailor he is not on atm so i can't get incontact with him but i will tell him

EDIT: Also first post has the setup link added in as requested
    Last edited by ika; April 4th, 2013 at 06:49 AM.

11. ISO #111

12. ISO #112

I'm going to let you guys decide if I should look at my rolecard before the night falls.

Yes (0):
    No (0):

Vote! Gogogo!

13. ISO #113

Codes are, like, alright. But they only work if you leave some sort of reference. Some evil dude could easily copy your code and pretend another message came from you as well, which may do damage before you reveal.

Promise to do X in one of your posts to reveal is completely unreliable unless you put a different action in each mail, because if some dude has a night chat, they could have, like one of their own people do X and pretend to be you.

I guess it works with codes too if you send different codes to each player and post solutions all at once if you want to reveal, but not if you have a single code to identify yourself.

Honestly though, like half the town has a night chat. I'm not so sure if passing around information will be all that helpful to begin with. Exception being if you know with absolute certainty that someone can be trusted. If I remember correctly, last time messages were allowed in a large FM, there was scum in the secret message club being fed information. So yeah, be careful who you tell stuff to and don't rely on anonymous info too much. Because it's, like, not cool if people die because of your carelessness.
    But the advantage of the mail system is that if you put the code in the mail, only ONE person knows what the code even is. Even if they cracked it and wanted to pretend to be sending messages from you, the only person who would know would be... themselves. And anyone they decided to share it with in the night chat if they had one. That's not effective for them.

With the promise to do X thing, if they have one of their own people do it instead, they're only confusing... themselves, because they're the only ones that know that one person plans to do that if he wants to reveal. And it shouldn't be hard for a said investigative role to come up with 2/3 different things to promise to do if he ends up not trusting the first guy he sent mail to. He only needs one trusted person to create an outlet to reveal information without revealing themselves to everyone.

I see the mail system as a huge asset for town/cops to send private information without revealing themselves to the scum. They just have to be careful with who they trust.

14. ISO #114

I never had to any codes, but I am against that idea. There is a certain man that can crack codes.

Back in FM XVII the CP9 (with Clementine as Ventriloquist) made a lot of effort and cracked Jewelry Bonney's code. Although they wanted to take a risk, they never chose to do that.

So I'm just warning you that certain ingenious people can break those codes, provided that they can use software to do that. Especially true for Mafia/Cop team, who have 4 members each.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glip View Post
    Don't make a code that's so easily crackable, then.

I've never had any problems with people cracking my codes
    ... I learned my lesson.
    If you followed the last FM, My code was cracked by the CP9 and I was Ventrilo'd the next day.
    I had a somewhat valid reason for not using a code that was hard to decipher, but still; I should've been more prudent/ got a code earlier.
    And this time, it wasn't clementine, it was Gerik aka Dracule Mihawk that deciphered my code.
    So yes; we really have to be prudent with those.

I can vouch for this.
    He claimed to be Ventrilo'd town being used as a spokesman for the CP9 when he was in reality the Pirate Captain... while I was Ventrilo'd.

(Yes, I am still bitter about this. Things may have been very different if that didn't happen.)

But anyway!
    Good morning, ladies.
    I have to say; this is a rather intimidating game for me. It's the first time I play a big game without Anon accounts, and seeings all these big names and long time players....
    I'll really have to step it up a notch this time!

Also, on a side note, I'm inclined to believe there is, from the randoms, one Citizen and one Prisoner. I doubt there would be two Cits/Prisoners.
    Spoiler : FM History :
    FMs: XIV, XV, XVI, XVII, XVII, XVIII, XIX, XX, XXI
    MFMs: XIII, XIV, XVI, XVII, XVIII, XIX, XXI, XXII
    SFMs: Too many.
    SFM Night 1 Death Percentage: 72%
    Hosted: SFM 89, SFM 118

15. ISO #115

You're kind of repeating what I said. If you use codes, you need to use different ones in each mail. And you shouldn't be too liberal about sending information to unconfirmed players just because you can.

Should the cops trust you, Glip?

I mean you're green and all, but it could be a trap!

16. ISO #116

You're kind of repeating what I said. If you use codes, you need to use different ones in each mail. And you shouldn't be too liberal about sending information to unconfirmed players just because you can.

Should the cops trust you, Glip?

I mean you're green and all, but it could be a trap!
    I may be repeating some of what you said, but you're making it sound like you're trying to convince everyone NOT to use the mail system because it's too flawed (when it's really not that flawed, it shouldn't be too hard to find one person to trust), while I'm saying it could be a huge asset for us to use.

You don't need to use different ones in each mail, just for each different person you decide to send mail to. And as I've said, you only need to find one trusted person if you're a PR with something to say without revealing yourself.

I'll leave it up to the cops to decide whether or not they should trust me.

I also think you should change your usergroup back to respected so I can be the only green here again

17. ISO #117

Borkbot is acting way too friendly to be town sided!

Because,....... Meta.

Also I never signed up for one of Slaols games with the mail system because I hate it. (I told him I forgot to sign up for his sfm so don't tell him please! Hush, hush!)
    The haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
    Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off

18. ISO #118

Quote Originally Posted by Glip View Post
    I may be repeating some of what you said, but you're making it sound like you're trying to convince everyone NOT to use the mail system because it's too flawed (when it's really not that flawed, it shouldn't be too hard to find one person to trust), while I'm saying it could be a huge asset for us to use.

You don't need to use different ones in each mail, just for each different person you decide to send mail to. And as I've said, you only need to find one trusted person if you're a PR with something to say without revealing yourself.

I'll leave it up to the cops to decide whether or not they should trust me.

I also think you should change your usergroup back to respected so I can be the only green here again
    I make it a policy not to trust anyone unless I have seen evidence of their innocence. Just a read isn't enough, because WIFOM can be deceiving. I am trying to convince people not to send valuable intel to someone they just "have a good feeling" about, because that's liable to go wrong.

Because,....... Meta.
    I'm being sorta friendly because I don't know yet who my allies are, or even what side I'm on

19. ISO #119

Quote Originally Posted by clementine View Post

Because,....... Meta.

Also I never signed up for one of Slaols games with the mail system because I hate it. (I told him I forgot to sign up for his sfm so don't tell him please! Hush, hush!)
    The only flaw I saw with the mail system is that the host couldn't be online 24/7 to send all the mails, considering we could send as much as we wanted.
    It was pretty interesting and fun for (Well, for me, at least!) since I had rolled Snitch, and managed to get myself shot on the first night

Also, being a new player and all, this is my first game with BorkBot (As far as I know?) so I can't really judge him on that.
    If I wasn't at work, I'd go back and reread the older FMs!

20. ISO #120

Because,....... Meta.

I think you will be getting 90% of the mails so it's probably in your favour.

21. ISO #121

22. ISO #122

Also, being a new player and all, this is my first game with BorkBot (As far as I know?) so I can't really judge him on that.
    It can hardly be the first game, since I've been in every single main FM since I joined this forum.

23. ISO #123

24. ISO #124

I can mail you a role, but I can't promise you that it's actually my role.

25. ISO #125

26. ISO #126

That's interesting. But that means you can send a mail without saying what your role is. Or it you might lie during the day, which means it can also be a lie that you won't lie about your role when you send a mail.

27. ISO #127

It can hardly be the first game, since I've been in every single main FM since I joined this forum.
    Oh! I was simply looking at your list in your signature. You've been lazy!
    I'll go back and take a look at the recent FMs then

28. ISO #128

Quote Originally Posted by Azuriae View Post
    I stopped updating it when it no longer fit in my sig

But yeah, I've been too lazy to search for the other games and update it since the sig size was increased. Maybe I will do so sometime in the near future, I dunno.

29. ISO #129

I can mail you a role, but I can't promise you that it's actually my role.
    Heh ok, this is the non-anon BorkBot that we all know and love. :P

I think you will be getting 90% of the mails so it's probably in your favour.
    Nah I'm not that popular. Remember who didn't win the M-FM poll?

30. ISO #130

31. ISO #131

32. ISO #132

Quote Originally Posted by creedkingsx View Post
    I know almost nothing about Auckmid so he may as well be an anon account.
    Same goes with just about anyone with respected, here.
    Did you not play in Yayap's most recent FM? I was FM Gandalf, if that helps...
    FMII: Armorsmith | FMIII: Napoli Godfather | FMIV: Arsonist | FMV: Doctor | FMVI: Greed | FMVIII: Consigliere | FMXVI: Citizen | MFMXVII: Bus Driver | FMXX: Mason

Il giusto è solo chi sa fingerlo meglio

33. ISO #133

Heh ok, this is the non-anon BorkBot that we all know and love. :P

Nah I'm not that popular. Remember who didn't win the M-FM poll?
    If that can make you feel better, I voted for yours.
    (And you are. I really look up to you as a FM player. )

34. ISO #134

Quote Originally Posted by Azuriae View Post
    (in my opinion) Notable M-FM games with Bork-Bot Meta:
    M-FM IV: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...merged-thread)

In this game, BorkBot was the godfather/witch. A pretty solid view of BorkBot scum meta imo.

M-FM VIII: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...II-game-thread

In this game, BorkBot was an investigator, but he claimed town amnesiac. He hard defended Luna, the Drug Dealer in an attempt to stay alive, but was then lynched when CC'ed by the mafia's consig due to sheepy town and the website being down for part of the day.

M-FM XI: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...M-FM-XI-Animal

In this game, BorkBot was a citizen (rp sheep) and won the Player's Choice Award. I don't really remember much about this game except that I hosted it. :P

35. ISO #135

36. ISO #136

(in my opinion) Notable M-FM games with Bork-Bot Meta:
    M-FM IV: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...merged-thread)

In this game, BorkBot was the godfather/witch. A pretty solid view of BorkBot scum meta imo.

M-FM VIII: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...II-game-thread

In this game, BorkBot was an investigator, but he claimed town amnesiac. He hard defended Luna, the Drug Dealer in an attempt to stay alive, but was then lynched when CC'ed by the mafia's consig due to sheepy town and the website being down for part of the day.

M-FM XI: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...M-FM-XI-Animal

In this game, BorkBot was a citizen (rp sheep) and won the Player's Choice Award. I don't really remember much about this game except that I hosted it. :P
    Oi, thanks for that! I wasn't part of any of those games; I'll go take a look at those when I get the chance.
    There's actually quite a few people here that I need to read more about. I guess I have all day~

37. ISO #137

Quote Originally Posted by AppleyNO View Post
    Is this Intended?
    What is the Prisoner Win Condition?
    Yes. This is intended.
    Prisoner wins like Evil Support. I was doing a thing with that 'Majority' group that didn't end up coming to be due to role list shrinkage.

Can the jailor jail and execute after a lynch?
    Neither.

38. ISO #138

39. ISO #139

That's all very nice Clementine, but none of your meta works when I don't know what my own role is
    PS. I'm snitch please kill me

40. ISO #140

That's all very nice Clementine, but none of your meta works when I don't know what my own role is
    PS. I'm snitch please kill me
    THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE NOTICED INVISIBLE TEXT IN FM.
    EVER.

*dances*

41. ISO #141

Congratulations!

I mean damn, you weren't supposed to see that

42. ISO #142

Quote Originally Posted by vornksr View Post
    Hey folks: Looking forward to this game... it oughta be a lot of fun!
    leroy jenkins &c &c

-vote AppleyNO
    Did you not play in Yayap's most recent FM? I was FM Gandalf, if that helps...
    -vote Fragos
    Two votes in twice as many posts.

Do you believe it's prudent to lynch as long as the jailor is still alive?

43. ISO #143

44. ISO #144

45. ISO #145

Clem. Meta is very bad because it is highly situational. It requires someone to be in the exact same kind of situation that they were in when they got the meta that everyone uses against them.
    Let us expand on this novelty.

Damus' Scum Meta:
    Damus has always been a good blender. He has been acknowledged for it by a couple of different people. In fact the first game Damus was ever scum was in an FM of about, roughly, 20ish players and he was the Grim Reaper who was all alone and needed to kill 8 people each night. Well Damus went right along with making sure everyone, roughly, in that game had a town read on him and he succeeded until that clutch game where Damus had shown his newbness and claimed the largely unlikely role of Veteran which lead to the downfall of his highly successful, in his eyes, play as scum for the first time. Now. Damus has been scum two more times in large FMs like this and has done quite the same, with blending and fake claiming at roughly the good times, and has been placed as town on many occasions. This tells us that Damus is a more cautious player. He doesn't take a lot of risks when he is scum, in larger FMs, and he plays it close to the vest. While he doesn't lurk, he does not typically spam the chat like he normally does. Now..There is a problem with this conlcusion because Damus has recently gotten some advice to work on his scum play. He has become much to obvious in his play and he needs to get back to his subtle town view..or at the very least fake like he plays town, which has by in large be a huge scumhunter who sees scum in almost everything. This tells us that Damus has to go back to his basics and almost relearn how to do this scum hiding thing because he has been town leader for so very long he does not really know how to do anything else.

Now, on the market, of smaller FMs it has been shown that Damus has been by in large a very carefree scum, who has seen fit to, in a case, claim his role on day one, as a scum, and then proceed to push against others until his replacement, previously requested, had arrived. HE has shown tactics of manipulation and instigating strife in others so he hides a bit more, but this has again been in games of a smaller scale where not as much pride is riding the outcomes. We have seen that Damus has some care about how he is seen and he does not, obviously, wish to be seen as this bad scum player because Damus seems to think he is a very good player. This tells us that in larger FMs Damus will not be so "obviously scum" as Clem seems to eloquently put his antics and behaviors, as if anyone really believed that Damus was serious about Glip being a doctor that clem seems to have placed such seriousness upon and built her lynch foundation upon.

Creed seems to have placed a vote upon poor Damus as well. He has, however, used the by in large troll behavior Damus has displayed earlier in the day as scum kind of scum tell that, seeing as how Damus obviously plays scum which Clem has said she knows by meta, Damus being scum would not ordinarily do at all. Damus has ever tried being trolling, in smaller FMs, and creed has caught him before. It would seem that Damus would be rather much of an idiot to try something like this again as a scum in a much larger FM where everyone seems to be mostly paying attention and one where Creed is in.

I suspect that this vote on me is a misunderstood stance on Damus' posts today. After all Clem, and somewhat creed, should know how Damus plays scum very well and thus realize that..well this play of Damus in this game is not his scum play...because of course the infallible excuse of unexplained meta. {Watch Clem focus on just the statement of unexplained meta.}

46. ISO #146

Shouldn't we lynch borkbot if he is the snitch? He might give uss some useful info
    Because, obviously, that was a serious claim.
    And obviously your post was serious, too.

47. ISO #147

48. ISO #148

49. ISO #149

50. ISO #150

Fm 16 Fm 17. Reason i think slaol would add a snitch is becouse he has been suggesting it alot for a sc2 mafia role.
    Honestly, I doubt it.
    I was the Snitch in his last S-FM, and considering the mechanics are pretty similar, I doubt he would add one again.
    Just my opinion on this one. Just because he wants to add it as a SC2Mafia role doesn't mean he's going to put one in every FM he hosts.
    (Also, let's not forget that we only have 3 TPRs.)