Checkbox Addition to "Citizen" Role
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Checkbox Addition to "Citizen" Role

Hi.

I believe you should add an "Exclude from Randoms" checkbox to the Citizen role.

Personally I love having Any Random in my save but that almost always means someone is going to be a Citizen. There are very few players who enjoy playing Citizen and because of this I try to have as many action-involved roles in the game as possible. The last thing I want is for someone to feel like they got a useless role.

I understand you guys have "Citizens are important" in the load screen to convince people to stay and play the role, but my philosophy is different. Rather than making someone play a role that they find boring, I'd rather let them play a role that they enjoy. Let's be real here, Investigators have power in the vote too, they're just also Investigators. This is why I try to minimize Citizens in my save altogether. I want to give people a good time.

Also, I want to have a good time myself. I've played this game for almost two years and I need a little spice in my save, a little variety. That's why I love Any Random, you never get the same game twice. I just want to be able to use Any Random without giving some poor sap Citizen.

Please add an "Exclude from Randoms" checkbox to the Citizen role. Thank you.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Checkbox Addition to "Citizen" Role

Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    Random Any has a check box to exclude town roles.
    I think he meant to exclude Citizen from randoms, not all the town roles.
    And still, I hate the fact that pubs hate Citizens.
    Sencerely yours,

Self_Obsessed_Attention_Hungry_Wh()re_With_High_Ambitions_And_Low_IQ

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by kyle1234513 View Post
    would be nice but that would mean either a 5th box option for roles, which would mean total overhaul of the game cuz of blizzard, or they would have to remove one of the other options like exclude maf/town/neutral/killers
    He meant it as an option on the Citizen screen, which currently only has 2 options.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

I think the percent chance of rolling Citizen from Random Any pool needs to be decreased to the same levels as every other role.

Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

if veteran can be excluded from randoms, why not citizen?
    i have no problem with excluding roles that give town kpn. games suck when you're mafia and town has like 4 kpn....

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Espozito View Post
    pubs need that button to press

would be nice but that would mean either a 5th box option for roles, which would mean total overhaul of the game cuz of blizzard, or they would have to remove one of the other options like exclude maf/town/neutral/killers
    sheriff has 5 options, that's not the issue

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    I think the percent chance of rolling Citizen from Random Any pool needs to be decreased to the same levels as every other role.
    can't. citz are important. let the pubs suffer!

i have no problem with excluding roles that give town kpn. games suck when you're mafia and town has like 4 kpn....
    doesn't mafia like that?

and cryptonic, on a side note. your .gif scares me =(

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by louiswill View Post
    This suggestion is nearly hopeless.

I like citizen, I am a scummy mafia. Yea.

I don't like town KNP unless there are massive neutrals, at least 4.
    4 neutrals should be garunteed town loss.....

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by louiswill View Post
    This suggestion is nearly hopeless.

I like citizen, I am a scummy mafia. Yea.

I don't like town KNP unless there are massive neutrals, at least 4.

ignore "reputation" all that matters is ur ability to post, to hell with rep, make me -10 for all i care.

and i dont think KPN makes town OP or UP, it just makes them have to work a little bit harder as townies because theres less investigative roles to provide info. instead of shooting blindly, or random alerts, be active this day and logic out a mafia, make urself more "targetable" by maf and then you alert this specific night. or hold off on ur shot until you have at least a 50-50 for hitting a mafia member/neutral killer, then you speak up if he doesnt die.

town could have 9KPN action and it wouldnt be bad, it would just require more thinking than usual.

15. ISO #15

ignore "reputation" all that matters is ur ability to post, to hell with rep, make me -10 for all i care.

and i dont think KPN makes town OP or UP, it just makes them have to work a little bit harder as townies because theres less investigative roles to provide info. instead of shooting blindly, or random alerts, be active this day and logic out a mafia, make urself more "targetable" by maf and then you alert this specific night. or hold off on ur shot until you have at least a 50-50 for hitting a mafia member/neutral killer, then you speak up if he doesnt die.

town could have 9KPN action and it wouldnt be bad, it would just require more thinking than usual.
    9 kpn results in game being over very quickly. and chances are better for town if that happens, because they know they aren't shooting themselves.

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post
    I hate the hate of Citizens. But I am ok with this.
    every game should have a mandatory 2 citizens built into it.
    then ppl stop complaining about cits because they can't do anything about it. it's gold!

19. ISO #19

every game should have a mandatory 2 citizens built into it.
    then ppl stop complaining about cits because they can't do anything about it. it's gold!
    I hate the hate of Citizens, and am far more for this idea than the setting. But still, 99% of pubs would leave Mafia entirely.

20. ISO #20

I hate the hate of Citizens, and am far more for this idea than the setting. But still, 99% of pubs would leave Mafia entirely.
    maybe for like a week. then they'd just accept it and come back.

21. ISO #21

i don't think that fanbase would drop. they'd eventually get used to it!

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23