Role: The Gambler
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Role: The Gambler

Name: The Gambler
    Alignment: Killing Neutral (Must see town lose, same as witch)
    Summary: An intoxicated gambler who gets a thrill from bargaining with his own life.
    Ability:

Bound and capture someone for the night (similar to the jailor. This prevents them from taking actions).
    The gambler can talk to his captive for the night. At the end of the night the captive must guess who he thinks the gambler is (from a clickable list on the right, like any ability). If the captive doesn't figure out, and correctly guess who the gambler is, he dies. If he does correctly guess, and select the gambler, then he lives. (Maybe add an option so that the gambler dies, if the captive guesses correctly.)

Options:
    -Limited to 2/3/4 kills.
    -The Gambler dies instead, if the captive guesses correctly.
    -Can pardon captive. (Choose to not kill him if he guesses wrong) (This should probably be displayed to the captive)

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Re: Role: The Gambler

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    I am put off by the fact that it wins with anybody. It would make a game very imba to have an extra KPN that can side with Mafia.
    KPN addition is fine if it has something to balance it. This is not quit there. The problem is that after the kills are used up the selection of the Gambler would effectively work like make a framing of the player that was selected. So the charge limit become nil. Infact, probably having more kills is better for Town. Since Last Wills could be put together, but it wouldn't potentially be directing the lynch. Too much kill power. I believe Jailor needs some kind of Mafia/Neutral rival to weaken the role in terms of what information a player will reveal to them at night, but this is not that.

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    I like the idea of a killer whos always at risk of killing himself, though I would suggest:

The gambler breaks into some ones home (Plain role block selected during the day) and initiats a game of russian roulette. By the end of the night theres a 50-50 chance either the gambler or his intended victim will die. He has the ability at night to rig the game which changes it to 90-10 (90% chance the victim dies, 10% the gun jams which reveals the gamblers identity to the inteded victim).
    Options:
    -Limited to 1/2 rigged kills
    -Night immunity
    This is a much better way to go with this. And it makes 'Gambler' make way more sense.
    Last edited by Slaol; December 1st, 2012 at 03:48 PM.

7. ISO #7

Re: Role: The Gambler

I like the idea of a killer whos always at risk of killing himself, though I would suggest:

The gambler breaks into some ones home (Plain role block selected during the day) and initiats a game of russian roulette. By the end of the night theres a 50-50 chance either the gambler or his intended victim will die. He has the ability at night to rig the game which changes it to 90-10 (90% chance the victim dies, 10% the gun jams which reveals the gamblers identity to the inteded victim).
    Options:
    -Limited to 1/2 rigged kills
    -Night immunity