1. ISO #1

Phantom

Role :
    Phantom

Alignment :
    --- Town Random
    "Your target is good at forgery"

Description :
    Someone known as the phantom, specialized to mimic their target.

Ability :
    --- Target a player each night.
    Optional : Take a rest for 1-2 days.

You will use the ability of the target, on the target or self.
    Killing do not work except of bodyguard, who can't target immune.

You / Target can be framed, cannot detect immunity.
    Witching / Bus Switch happens before your actions.

If you meet an uncompitable role, you will do nothing.
    Jailed target will count as an uncompitable role.

Default : 2 / 3

For example :
    Target is Lookout, then you will Lookout the target.
    Target is Investigator, then you will investigate the target.
    Target is Citizen, then you use/steal his bulletproof vest.
    Target is Bodyguard, then you defend him.
    Target is a doctor, then you heal him.
    Target is a jester, then you will annoy him.

Uncompitable roles :
    --- Executioner, Amnesiac, Witch, Cult
    --- Janitor
    --- Bus Driver, Coroner, Jailor, Mason/L, Mayor, Spy.
    --- Roles that can kill, exclude a nerfed bodyguard.

Notes :
    --- Why good at forgery? Because he acts like his targets.
    ------ Investigators will see Forgery even with actions done.
    ------ Will be the first non-mafia with Forgery.
    --- This will be a hard role to play and survive as.

If it's too overpowered, then include only text/information from investigative.

I don't know if it's been suggested before with all these mechanics.

2. ISO #2

Re: Phantom

Name it like "Mimic" or something. Not worthless, but not perfect. Would be mega lols to Annoy a Jester. Option of "Ignore Immunity" to let to block blockers, and kill killers.

I think using Amnesiac should transform you into Amnesiac.
    Janitor should clean on the Janitor, would do nothing unless Janitor was killed.

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Lazers View Post
    HOLY SHIT THERE ARE LIKE 500 OF THESE ROLES STOP

seriously we don't need more crappy witch reskins, we have had like 5 variations of this role in R&D and like 10 in mafia discussion over the past few months
    Even if it looks alike, it's different with a few mechanics. But yeah, I agree.

The main issue with town is that we kind of made everything and it's nearly impossible to come up with something, anything unique and others don't post to it or just say OP without contributing E.G manipulation of the order of actions.

So I'm just trying to find a balance by something that's easy to script.

Beside, posting "Holy shit etc" without any direct contribution to why it's bad may be seen wrongly. Especially since I'm not part of the R&D I can't see what's there and what isn't. How is this a witch reskin? You're not manipulating others to visit another to do an action but rather you just do the action on the target or even self, I've added a balance to the variety there.

Why not make a sticky topic about what's legal to suggest and what's illegal to suggest due to repeativeness? I've seen direct rip-offs of roles that's popular to suggest and they don't give a Holy Shit comment like that, so it just brings wrong signals all over the place. :P

Edit : I don't want to seem harassive or a hypocrit, just sharing my opinion and perspective. Take action if you want this to stop by making a sticky. Non-R&D Users get directly attacked by a "Do your research".
    Last edited by RLVG; October 19th, 2012 at 12:35 PM.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by RLVG View Post
    Even if it looks alike, it's different with a few mechanics. But yeah, I agree.

The main issue with town is that we kind of made everything and it's nearly impossible to come up with something, anything unique and others don't post to it or just say OP without contributing E.G manipulation of the order of actions.

So I'm just trying to find a balance by something that's easy to script.

Beside, posting "Holy shit etc" without any direct contribution to why it's bad may be seen wrongly. Especially since I'm not part of the R&D I can't see what's there and what isn't. How is this a witch reskin? You're not manipulating others to visit another to do an action but rather you just do the action on the target or even self, I've added a balance to the variety there.

Why not make a sticky topic about what's legal to suggest and what's illegal to suggest due to repeativeness? I've seen direct rip-offs of roles that's popular to suggest and they don't give a Holy Shit comment like that, so it just brings wrong signals all over the place. :P

Edit : I don't want to seem harassive or a hypocrit, just sharing my opinion and perspective. Take action if you want this to stop by making a sticky. Non-R&D Users get directly attacked by a "Do your research".
    yeah a sticky thread has to be made... detailing what is a good and what is a bad role idea...
    maybe a list (with links?) of already suggested role ideas...

maybe a sub-forum?

make it easier for people with role ideas to know if it's already suggested or not... and basic info on what is good and what is bad to suggest

Wiki User: Deantwo

the SC2Mafia Wiki is my playground!
    Spoiler : FM History :

FM18: Bushwalter (Drug Dealer)

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Deantwo View Post
    yeah a sticky thread has to be made... detailing what is a good and what is a bad role idea...
    maybe a list (with links?) of already suggested role ideas...

maybe a sub-forum?

make it easier for people with role ideas to know if it's already suggested or not... and basic info on what is good and what is bad to suggest
    I wanted to suggest the sticky idea. Mostly titled "Denied ideas."

8. ISO #8