(Help the Wiki) Examples of Rule Violations
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Post (Help the Wiki) Examples of Rule Violations

i posted about this in the Answer Hall (link for curious admins)
    we now have a page for the rules and a guide about how to report players on the Wiki (cause it only make sense)
    but i wanted some feedback and was told that the examples aren't all that good... so i thought i'd ask everyone!

Do any of you have short, good, and easily understandable examples of what you aren't allowed to do?

if you want to see the pages:

i'll add whatever we get to the Wiki or you can do it your self (hint hint)
    Last edited by Deantwo; April 17th, 2013 at 04:54 AM. Reason: updated... but i guess no one read this anyway

Wiki User: Deantwo

the SC2Mafia Wiki is my playground!
    Spoiler : FM History :

FM18: Bushwalter (Drug Dealer)

2. ISO #2

Re: (Help the Wiki) Examples of Rule Violations

Gamethrowing Examples:
    Someone being converted to cultist and then immediately outting all the cult
    Mafia/cult leading a lynch on their own members without cause and/or outting their entire members list
    3 remaining players, 2 town 1 mafia/evil neutral if all roles are either confirmed or exceedingly obvious and one of the town votes against the other town it is gamethrowing.
    In addition, you can AFK Gamethrow (and yes you will be listed for it) if you are one of the 2 remaining town and either are AFK or just refuse to vote. This also applies to 2 mafia 1 sk, 2 cult 1 mafia, etc. situations.

Anything that is playing to lose but does not directly force the team to lose or is meant to injure your team is classified as Griefing
    Ex: Vigilante/Jailor purposely killing town, or mayor using his votes to repeatedly force skips or lynch town.

These are mostly things I've actually seen happen while reviewing reports.

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorblaze View Post
    Gamethrowing Examples:
    Someone being converted to cultist and then immediately outting all the cult
    Mafia/cult leading a lynch on their own members without cause and/or outting their entire members list
    3 remaining players, 2 town 1 mafia/evil neutral if all roles are either confirmed or exceedingly obvious and one of the town votes against the other town it is gamethrowing.
    In addition, you can AFK Gamethrow (and yes you will be listed for it) if you are one of the 2 remaining town and either are AFK or just refuse to vote. This also applies to 2 mafia 1 sk, 2 cult 1 mafia, etc. situations.

Anything that is playing to lose but does not directly force the team to lose or is meant to injure your team is classified as Griefing
    Ex: Vigilante/Jailor purposely killing town, or mayor using his votes to repeatedly force skips or lynch town.

These are mostly things I've actually seen happen while reviewing reports.
    well some of those are very good and i'll add them later ^^ thanks!
    any other feedback would be good too...

for example i have no info on what a Point-Ban really is... cause the Mafia Player Reports thread is a little out of date

Wiki User: Deantwo

the SC2Mafia Wiki is my playground!
    Spoiler : FM History :

FM18: Bushwalter (Drug Dealer)

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Deantwo View Post
    well some of those are very good and i'll add them later ^^ thanks!
    any other feedback would be good too...

for example i have no info on what a Point-Ban really is... cause the Mafia Player Reports thread is a little out of date
    Hmm I'll attempt to clarify.

A point ban occurs when we have sufficient evidence (Generally either multiple replays showing suspiciously fast point gain, severely incorrect win/played/points ratios, or achievements which are not possible for you to have obtained, there are also a handful of edited bankfiles that have been distributed so we know their characteristic achievement and stat list) that your bank file was not genuinely earned through legitimate gameplay. When this occurs DR manually adds a "point ban" to the map. A Point ban causes the map to permanently refuse to recognize your points, stats, and achievements. I believe it may actually clear the entire bank file but don't quote me on that. In very rare circumstances where a player can prove their points were legitimate and were wrongly banned (I've seen this happen once legitimately) DR can manually remove the point ban and re-institute their points and stats via the map.

The biggest difference between point bans and other listings is that it is permanent and not managed by our database. Due to the collateral damage from this punishment DR has elected to retain manual control over it.

There are also name privilege bans which are also manually entered and permanent, these just reinstate the character limit for people who abused the long name privileges of having over 5k points.

5. ISO #5

Griefing:
    1. Purposely lagging the game
    2. Pretending to be a moderator

Game-Throwing:
    1. Change rule to state that it mainly applies to group based teams (town, mafia, cult) rather than excludes sk and arsonist.
    2. As mafia, town, or cult: purposely trying to get lynched.
    3. As mafia or cult: sharing the identity of other players so your team loses.
    4. As town: lynching, shooting, or executing someone you know is in the town.

Abuse:
    1. Isolate the second sentence in Crime_Reporting#Abuse as examples
    2. Using a long name to flood the graveyard
    3. Using the same name and preferring the same role multiple times in a row.

Also as stated above the Rules page does not cover all the rules. I suggest you replace Rules (https://wiki.sc2mafia.com/en/index.php/Rules) with Crimes from Crime_reporting (https://wiki.sc2mafia.com/en/index.ph...#Role-Quitting).

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

I have an arguement about Rolequitting.

Spoiler : Role-Quitting :
    Although rolequitting is minor in comparission to the others - I would say we need to make the rule more powerfull because it can be worse then "skyping" since town is heavily scarred.

Standard setups has at least 3 unwanted roles : Citizen, Doctors, Investigators.

Let's add some nightmare fuel :
    --- When one leaves Day 1, Night 1 they get a [mark] on their name to know who's dead.
    ------ Naturally, Maf / Neutral Killer would target players without the [marker].

At the same time, when there's a mass rolequitters of 3-5 then most of the town follows with it because they know town are screwed up.

3-4X role quitters
    1-3X rage quitters (due to role quitters)
    2X town dead (due to Maf/Neutral knowing who's still on the game).
    = 99% impossible town situation.

If you get the picture - then you know this happens way too common.

Basically, it's me asking if you would write a list of consequences of what would've happen to the game if rolequitters appear.

It's a mixture of Griefing / Gamethrowing now that I've made my point.

Also, here's my perspective of griefing :

--- Custom name that's so large none can read what you say.

--- Spam target at hyperspeed to spam chat, making comrades unable to communicate.

--- Use a PtP Lagg Hack to cause another to lagg because of your lagg.
    Last edited by RLVG; October 13th, 2012 at 01:59 PM.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorblaze View Post
    In addition, you can AFK Gamethrow (and yes you will be listed for it) if you are one of the 2 remaining town and either are AFK or just refuse to vote.
    Example: Landstander (has AFKed as mayor in at least 5 games this week that caused town to lose)

Spoiler : :
    S-FM Paranormal Case Studies (Sheriff)

"Glory only with zerglings and breast implants!!!"
    -Random player on EU

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

So, if there is 2 Traid, 1 Mafia, 1 Jester and a Survivor, and the Triad purposefully solo-guilty the Jester to make a 1/1/1 (which the survivor agrees to lynch mafia next day), did the Triad 'game throw', or is that tactics to kill get mafia lynched for Triad win? (which is what happened)

This isn't the only time I've seen this happen
    Last edited by Washu; July 28th, 2016 at 05:40 PM.

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by Washu View Post
    So, if there is 2 Traid, 1 Mafia, 1 Jester and a Survivor, and the Triad purposefully solo-guilty the Jester to make a 1/1/1 (which the survivor agrees to lynch mafia next day), did the Triad 'game throw', or is that tactics to kill get mafia lynched for Triad win? (which is what happened)

This isn't the only time I've seen this happen
    It depends on their intent. This is a case where a careful review of chat would be required.

If the Triad honestly believed the Survivor would vote with them to kill the Mafia, then there is nothing wrong with giving the Jester his win.

To me that sounds more like bad play / poor strategy than game throwing. They should have forced the Mafia to solo-guilty the Jester. They also could have guiltied the Jester then killed the remaining Mafia member at night. By relying on the Survivor, they are putting their win in jeopardy.

Also, holy gravedig Batman!

13. ISO #13

That would be the best strategy, but this was a game where neither Triad nor Mafia had killing roles at all. It was all down to the lynches. Talked with some Admins in the Discord chat. After discussion they agree with you too, Lysergic; not game throw, but not a great idea either, since Triad still did get their win.