Role Ideas: Attorney, Devil's Advocate, Savior, Demolisher, and Capo-Regime
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Lightbulb Role Ideas: Attorney, Devil's Advocate, Savior, Demolisher, and Capo-Regime

To continue my post before, I have a few more role ideas that I think might be worthwhile.

Attorney: A just advocate seeking the innocence of his clients in due process.

Alignment: Town/Basic

Special Abilities:An attorney can select one target a night: The chosen target becomes immune to be lynched the following day (i.e he still goes on trial, however, regardless of the amount of guilty votes, the target is set free). It is in the best interest to avoid lynching targets picked by the attorney, as it in turn wastes valuable day time.

Goal: To lynch every criminal and evil doer.

Options:

Attorney can reveal role
    Attorney is limited to defending 3 targets
    Attorney is limited to defending 2 targets
    Attorney is limited to defending 1 target
    Attorney can cancel defending target BEFORE trial during day

I think this role will definitely add versatility to the game but can both help the town or lead to its demise (I.e if the attorney defends someone who is actually mafia).

Devil's Advocate: A bribed, corrupt, and unjust criminal defense lawyer that seeks to manipulate the justice system for the benefit of his clients.

Alignment: Neutral/Evil/Basic

Special Abilities:Same as Attorney's.

Goal: To live long enough to humiliate the justice system and see the town crumble. In otherwords, In order for a devil's advocate to win he MUST protect a mafia or evil role from being lynched and survive to see town lose.

Options:

-Only needs to see town lose to win.
    -Cannot defend town
    -Limited to 3 defenses
    -Limited to 2 defenses
    -Limited to 1 defense

Savior: A courageously noble law-abiding citizen that protects the wrongly accused from death-row.

Alignment: Town/Basic

Special Abilities: A savior is pretty much a citizen with a slight and more respectable variation. A savior can choose to replace an accused from death-row (I.e voted guilty by the people) and have himself lynched instead. This can be key to save the town power roles such as sheriff, jailor, vigilante from being wrongly lynched and thus perhaps save the town.

Goal: To lynch every criminal and evil doer.

Options:

-1 bulletproof vest
    -Cannot be defended by an attorney or Devil's Advocate

Demolisher: A deranged rouge anarchist only wanting to cause mayhem and destruction through the use of explosives.

Alignment: Evil/Advanced/Neutral

Special Abilities: A Demolisher can choose one target per night; He rigs up a concealed explosive near the target's bed that automatically triggers when someone approaches. As a result, any trespassers that visit the target that night trigger the explosive, and cause the death of the target and all the visitors. However, if the target is not visited, the mine will not be set off.

Goal: To be the last person standing.

Options:

-Immune at night (I recommend that this is checked)
    -Cannot be saved from lawyers/attorneys
    -Ignores night invulnerability

Capo Regime: A high ranking made member of the mafia whose job is to recruit individuals to join the organisation.

Alignment: Mafia/Advanced

Special Abilities: A Capo Regime can visit one person each night and offer them a lucrative position in the mafia. A Capo Regime is likewise able to speak to this person at night in which he can try to persuade and perhaps convince the selected person to join the mafia. Rules that apply: A Capo Regime can only recruit citizens, lookouts, survivors, and amnesiacs (i.e really basic town roles or really basic benign neutral roles). Neutrals have the OPTION of joining (A prompt will tell them: "A Mafia member has visited you at night! He has come to offer you a lucrative position with the mafia organisation" Besides the prompt will be the option to accept or deny). However town citizens/lookouts are automatically seized from the town and brought into the family. Once the person has joined the mafia, he is given a random BASIC mafia role.

Options:

-Capo Regime replaces Godfather when Godfather dies
    -Limited to 3 recruits
    -Limited to 2 recruits
    -Limited to 1 recruit
    (the max members of the mafia at any given time is 4, games typically start with 3 maf. It is highly unlikely that mafia will manage to recruit someone n1).
    -Can only recruit every other night
    -Can only recruit every two nights
    -Can recruit any basic town and basic neutral role without question

Let me know what you think!

Last edited by gaspiden; July 27th, 2012 at 08:52 PM.

2. ISO #2

Re: Role Ideas: Attorney, Devil's Advocate, Savior, Demolisher, and Capo-Regime

i love capo regime and savior. my only sugestion is that savior auto wins if he does manage to save a townie, meaning if maf wins the game but savior still gets his own win should he save a townie from being lynched. it wouldnt say savior has won but he just gets enuf points for a win.

3. ISO #3