Search Results - SC2 Mafia
Register

Search:

Type: Posts; User: MartinGG99

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 0.04 seconds.

  1. Forum:Signups

    Thread:S-FM 312: Eternal Conflict!

    Thread Author:AIVION

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    64
    Views
    4,392

    ►►Re: S-FM 312: Eternal Conflict!◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    If confirmations are not given at the end of the month and there are no additional signs, the signups will be archived in December. @Frinckles @Voss @MartinGG99 @Kenny @Renegade @Bahkieh @Dark Magician @Oberon
    /unsign

    /sign
  2. Forum:Signups

    Thread:S-FM 317: Eternia (9P) [LADDER] Signups

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    22
    Views
    294
  3. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Iím still pissed I got mislynched on d1 ūü§¨
    In hindsight I should've let you live

    Would've added more chaos

    I think I misinterpreted the dangers of the game, thinking that we had to correctly lynch triads

    but in reality the optimal goal is probably to keep the triads guessing as to who their teammates are
  4. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄



    These days we do a lot of post-match discussion in the discord :P
  5. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    I'm 90% in but re-reading Martin/Unknown again.
    @MartinGG99 , I'm going to need a stronger case on Unknown from you to change my mind.
    Fine.

    I'll try to ISO him in a more rational context to present my own thoughts on his !scum play so far, and what he has specifically been trying to achieve at various points.
  6. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Also

    Its more !town indactive that I'm pulling out self-meta now rather than earlier

    if my !scum plan was to act my town meta

    then surely I would've come up with these arguments sooner
  7. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Your balls is what we call low-hanging fruit.
    Sorry. Had to vent that out.

    That was uncalled for.
  8. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte View Post
    You keep grasping at the lowest hanging fruit for defense, which is why I think you're scum. MUH META is the lowest of fruit.
    Your balls is what we call low-hanging fruit.
  9. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    I mean, my posts don't act purely rational at all when I'm town and I'm on the edge

    You can look into that game that I @Helz with on D2 that was from the syndicate.

    Ironically, THE TOWN THERE FUCKING MISLYNCHED ME DESPITE ME BREAKING UP WHAT WAS TRULY A TVT.
    So I really don't know nor believe how town can *not* mislynch me here

    because of games like that

    where even if I go out of my way to show that I am town by pulling out the most irrational (because that's !town martin with behind-the-scenes incomplete thoughts) shit that I can think of.
  10. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    I mean, my posts don't act purely rational at all when I'm town and I'm on the edge

    You can look into that game that I @Helz with on D2 that was from the syndicate.

    Ironically, THE TOWN THERE FUCKING MISLYNCHED ME DESPITE ME BREAKING UP WHAT WAS TRULY A TVT.
  11. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    To quote the words of a wise man:
    Quote is from another game btw
  12. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte View Post
    Bro you really seem like a floundering scum about to be lynched. You're freaking out a bit.

    I'm strongly leaning toward a martin lynch.
    To quote the words of a wise man:

    Quote Originally Posted by bakermir View Post
    yea ok martin is actin goofy on his last posts

    thats not scum.

    unless he changed his agenda heavy scum gameplay into AtE heavy one which is concerning at most but not deserving a yeet.

    who do you associate them with here?
  13. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    How long we got
    3 and 1/2 hours...3 hours were added I believe
  14. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Also

    I believe you mentioned at one point that my reason for killing Bakermir was because I strongly believed he was town

    If that's the case, why did I not kill you on N2 instead of Bakermir?

    Sure, Helz could be triad if I am triad.

    But with my posts on D2 (see spoiler) I could've quite possibly killed a !Town Unkown (WHO I DIDN'T KNOW WAS BUTLER)

    To push on Yzb25 and get him lynched/eliminated since you wouldn't be protecting him









    Both of these suggest Yzb25 would be open for a miselimination push

    Additionally, Unknown1234 here is the TOP TOWN READ!!!
    @MattZed

    I know you're already decided but if you could, please consider this.
  15. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Additionally, Unknown1234 here is the TOP TOWN READ!!!
    Of a confirmed townie**
  16. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Also

    I believe you mentioned at one point that my reason for killing Bakermir was because I strongly believed he was town

    If that's the case, why did I not kill you on N2 instead of Bakermir?

    Sure, Helz could be triad if I am triad.

    But with my posts on D2 (see spoiler) I could've quite possibly killed a !Town Unkown (WHO I DIDN'T KNOW WAS BUTLER)

    To push on Yzb25 and get him lynched/eliminated since you wouldn't be protecting him



    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Sure.

    The way I am looking at it Bakermir, Frostbyte, Renegade, Naz, Unknown, and Yzb25 are mechanically the PoE. Naz can wait for a day because a Triad Random kill mechanically confirms her and I set aside Unknown and Yzb25 for being widly town read.

    I suppose you could interchange one of those first three with Yzb25 or Unknown for D4 but I suspect the role claims will do that anyways. If no scum claims a citizen slot 2 names will be removed from those and there will only be 3 names left in the PoE mechanically speaking (and accounting for giving Naz a 1 day pass)

    Let me know if I am missing something but I think my logic there is pretty sound.
    I think you're close to the right track tbh.

    But I will 100% promise you that at least

    Frostbyte
    &
    Bakermir

    are town.

    I'm like 85% sure that Renegade is town, but we may discuss that on D3 or D4.

    Also I'm personally a fan of Unkown as town but I don't think this game has debated his alignment much or if at all so I wouldn't be opposed to it in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Btw when you get a sober chance Frinckles, I would like to hear your thoughts on Yzb24, given your reads list earlier:
    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    like this lol

    Unknown1234
    MattZed
    MartinGG99
    yzb25
    Naz
    Renegade

    Helz
    Bakermir
    FrostByte
    Deathworlds
    Dark Magician
    Why are they your #4 town read?
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    Tone towny, priorities terrible.
    I suppose that's a good (maybe even best) way to put it.

    Both of these suggest Yzb25 would be open for a miselimination push

    Additionally, Unknown1234 here is the TOP TOWN READ!!!
  17. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    I disagree that's a scum tell of me btw


    In my last scum game (Ignoring the Demon game that Oberon hosted where I wasn't putting my effort into it)

    Was my Spirits II game. I held off on claiming any sort of role untill the very end of the game. Granted, those were different circumstance but I think some of it has some value in interperting my alignment for this game.

    As others have said, I very quickly started to breadcrumb my role with a question to the host and the quite righfully counter-claimed Oberon who was clearly scummy to me and had hard-claimed my role (which the setup suggested to me there was only one of).

    I would've pressed on him harder sooner, but if I recall I wasn't present in the game (as I had left temporarily) until I got back where he claimed both Switcher and Busdriver
    In fact, my agenda tends to be much more scum-hunty rather than town-hunty. If you look at that Wolf Spirits II game I didn't do much to try and secure people who I thought were town

    Unlike this game

    Where I actively worked against (what I thought were) Helz v Frostbyte and Helz v Bakermir TvT's.

    I reconsidered Frostbyte's alignment upon the mechanical solving or information we suddenly got on D3 (that and well you killed Bakermir for who knows what reason but possibly to shade me)
  18. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    You were way too concerned with people seeing your claim as true, played very passively and constantly 'accepting other peoples reads' as your own. In hindsight we probably should have realized you were triad a long time ago had it not been for your claim.
    I disagree that's a scum tell of me btw


    In my last scum game (Ignoring the Demon game that Oberon hosted where I wasn't putting my effort into it)

    Was my Spirits II game. I held off on claiming any sort of role untill the very end of the game. Granted, those were different circumstance but I think some of it has some value in interperting my alignment for this game.

    As others have said, I very quickly started to breadcrumb my role with a question to the host and the quite righfully counter-claimed Oberon who was clearly scummy to me and had hard-claimed my role (which the setup suggested to me there was only one of).

    I would've pressed on him harder sooner, but if I recall I wasn't present in the game (as I had left temporarily) until I got back where he claimed both Switcher and Busdriver
  19. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Obviously, due to the mechanical situation you gotta scumpaint me however you want

    but trying to use such methods of scum tells or scum signs when other towns have done the same thing is a bit disingenuous imo
  20. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    I mean honestly

    you're not bothered by him writing "WOOPS" there because I may have done the same thing in the past:



    Probably because you have those Dragon HeadTM sunglasses.
    Kinda equivalent if you ask me:

    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    We're yeeting Martin
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    How to interpret the flip:

    1. If Martin flips DH, we're in a good 5v2. Hard to say who's who, but I would VERY strongly suspect Helz is CA in this case. (@naz, keep this in mind if you're town)
    2. If Martin flips CA, then actually Unknown is the DH and we just had the craziest Scum vs. Scum I'm seen in a while
    3. If Martin flips any other triad role, Unknown is the DH, Helz is the CA, and we've basically won.
    4. If Martin flips Bus Driver, WHOOPS. Unknown is DH and Helz is probably CA.
    5. If Martin was bound to another triad, yay?
    6. If Martin was bound to another town, idk. Make night actions carefully.


    @FrostByte , I hope it goes without saying that you should be in bodyguard mode tonight if you're town.
  21. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Actually, no. It just ticked me off that Mattzed was writing it off as a "WOOPS" if he was wrong about me.

    Like as if I wasn't really high in his town-reads prior to this day phase.
    I mean honestly

    you're not bothered by him writing "WOOPS" there because I may have done the same thing in the past:

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    No one knows for 100% sure who their allies are afaik

    And if he's switcher

    there isn't really anyone to blame or scum-read for hammering imo

    when I've been claiming that I'm busdriver and that the Hardclaim-switcher-turned-busdriver-hardclaim likely doesn't exist at all and is 100% scum (namely switcher).

    If he SOMEHOW flips busdriver then obviously I'm going to be the one who will have a lot of justified heat on their plate.
    I don't really know if the orange colours went in because I might have mixed colours in, but given how strongly he pushed against Oberon's Bus Driver claim, in the same post he talks about seeing oberon as "100% scum" and then immediately after comments about potentially being under fire if he somehow flipped Bus Driver. This reads to me that he believed that Oberon was the confirmed Bus Driver.
    Probably because you have those Dragon HeadTM sunglasses.
  22. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I think the biggest reason that shows why you're triad is because you deliberately didn't say anything until you thought people weren't going to believe you.
    Actually, no. It just ticked me off that Mattzed was writing it off as a "WOOPS" if he was wrong about me.

    Like as if I wasn't really high in his town-reads prior to this day phase.
  23. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I'm leaning Unkown over Martin, but what happened to the federal case against Unkown? I thought it was nearly confirmed he was DH? Why is it back up in the air again?
    Because MattZed

    that's why you shouldn't lock him and let Unkown kill him tonight
  24. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Spoiler : Quotes containing "Switcher" :




















































    He said switcher 47 times on D1
    Spoiler : Quotes containing "Scum" :




























    He said scum 17 times on D1

    Spoiler : Quotes containing "Triad" :























    He said triad 19 times on D1

    Spoiler : Quotes containing "town" :















































    He said town 31 times on D1




    So much more emphasis on publicly finding town and switcher

    and secretly taking notes on who he really thinks is triad/scum
    Heck I could probably cross-refrence

    see how many times the words are used together

    but I don't have time for that as I got an essay due tonight

    will be back later
  25. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Spoiler : Quotes containing "Switcher" :

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I'd laugh if MattZed was switcher and is asking these questions to see if people would follow them/if they would work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    So the switcher won't know if their role changes. Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Yeah that makes more sense than what I was saying lol. If this is the case then the switcher revealing themselves would let us know who it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    This also means that the switcher is going to pick someone to lose with their night action... RIP to the chosen one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    What I meant was that whoever the switcher gives their role to is automatically losing, assuming it's successful.

    I agree with you that there is no reason the Switcher shouldn't reveal themselves day 2 and say who they swapped. I also don't think there is any need for the Busdriver to use their night action on the first night. It would only do more good than bad.

    You mentioned weaponizing the switchers ability, but seem to believe that having them reveal is the better option. Just want to clarify that's what you're thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    This is a lot more complex than I thought. I don't want to spell out the whole situation folding out, but perhaps your idea makes sense assuming that all of the switchers follow through with it.

    The risky route vs the safe route. A lot of ways it could play out well. I have to give Helz more credit for thinking about it differently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I honestly think that the switcher is now an extra town role if used properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Switcher day 2 reveal is always the play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I was suspicious of Martins questioning, but I also wanted to point out how it felt like Frinckles was trying to look for his 'friends' (teammates) in a almost too obvious to be true sort of way. Martin feels very cautious in their messages towards the switcher role. Not certain what that indicates to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I get switcher vibes more from Martin. Both of them seemed reluctant to discuss switcher theories, but between the two of them Martin was the one who tried to push it elsewhere. Frinckles just let it happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I don't know 100% how a switcher will act considering they can use their night action the next day. The reason I feel you could be more likely switcher than Frinckles is because he didn't encourage the conversation at all. If I was switcher I would want people to continue talking about it in order to get a feel for the best possible decision to make. I felt the way you approached it seemed more of a challenge vs ignoring it entirely.

    As of right now, it feels like it's you. That being said, less than half the game has actively participated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    1.) He seemed to encourage switcher discussion while at the same time saying he wanted it to stop. Indication of potential Switcher mindset.

    2.) He seemed to be openly buying into Frinckles' bait and sheeping him without much thought (his own words). Finding it hard to decide if what Frinckles did or what Martin did is more buddying/potential teammate hunting. This could be Indicative of being scum.

    3.) The way he's been talking feels very forced and scripted. I don't know if this is how he plays but none of it feels genuine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Yeah that's my bad, I read it as "Town Random" and not "Town read".

    To answer your question, I think Helz is my biggest town-read as of right now. He noticed the same potential signalling that Frinckles has been doing that nobody else seemed to care about. I also like how his answers in the switcher discussion. It came off to me when I was thinking about he wanted to weaponize the switcher, and I agree that there are quite a few situations where lynching the switcher isn't the best play.

    MattZed leans town, but im holding off on that because aside from the beginning when he began the discussion on Switcher it's been more of a gut read. I could also see Renegade easily being town just from the way he interacted with his train/the counter train that started on Martin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I know you are currently busy, but I would like to know what you think is the best lynch for day 1. Getting rid of the Switcher immediately, or getting a lynch on triad. Not questioning either but I'd like to know what your thoughts are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Is that why he asked me what my thinking was behind beneficial plays with the switcher? Damn I actually kinda believe this claim lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I had to clarify this with Frinckles too but Iím referring to your interaction towards him, not with him. I am not saying you two are knowing buddying each other as scum teammates.

    I think I misread your original post, but I read that as not wanting to talk about it anymore (similar to me not wanting to discuss oberons question about switcher).

    Given I donít feel like Iíve seen you scum-hunting, not sure why you think itís strange that You donít see what Iím saying
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I think I understand what Mag is doing which is why I donít think heís switcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Like I said before, there are reasons why itís better for us to not lynch switcher, but I didnít specifically say why. Since mag is being a dummy Iím going to go up to my computer when Iím done cooking and explain why.

    He wants people to vote him but I think heís misunderstanding the role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Mag thinks MattZed is evil for trying to lynch him. He thinks it's me as well because I joined that train (although I meant to fake vote, i never changed it either).

    Since mag is not backing down from his claim, I'm going to clarify why I said we had benefits.

    There are good and bad situations with this role, im just gonna briefly make a list.

    1.) Switcher is lynched day 1, one less evil role for us to lynch.
    2.) Switcher takes a triad role night 1. The new switcher now reveals the old switcher as triad, and we lynch the triad and let the switcher take a new role. (This cycle can continue into either lynching the next switcher, lynching the current switcher if it fails, or lynching the new triad if a triad player is chosen again).
    3.) The switcher becomes town n1, he tells us who the new switcher is, we lynch the switcher.
    4.) The switcher becomes town n1, and he does not tell us who the new switcher is. The cycle continues until someone decides to reveal the switcher, or another triad is found and a lynch on triad occurs.

    There are pros and cons to leaving Oberon alive, but at the end of the game hes not on our team. Thought it was worth discussing earlier but I did not want to dissuade the Switcher from revealing if he thought he was going to be lynched by accidentally taking a triad role. I don't really have much thoughts aside from this, and it's possible I missed some scenarios as I'm a bit out of focus right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Yes but I also said lynching a town is a lot worse than lynching the Switcher. Lynching you is just the middle option. Considering half the people aren't even being active and someone is at L-2, I feel very conflicted about what's happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Do you still think he's Switcher at this point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Then you lynch the Switcher claim and the Triad claim lol.

    You guys don't realize how informational this role can be to town lol... But it's basically a useless role now because of how divided and ridiculous this game has become. At this point everyone isn't going to believe shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I don't think his reaction to your claim was scum driven, I said this much when you first started it. Switcher is sided against town, and I can't fault someone for voting a non-town aligned role that seemed to have been hard claimed day 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Mag claimed Switcher actually LOL, and got to L-1 almost immediately
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Mag if you flip Switcher Iím going to die inside


    He said switcher 47 times on D1
    Spoiler : Quotes containing "Scum" :

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Would you sheep a hammer vote if your #1 town read was 100% sure someone was scum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    @Renegade thoughts on this theory? I also feel more suspicious of it after he mentions that his scum-play is him being a tryhard. This feels like double overcompensating for his supposed "obvious scumplay" (Not commenting on this as I've played very few games with him).
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Yeah, I am wondering why he decided to town-read Frinckles so strongly while scum-reading quite a bit at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    scum-reading you* I need to proof read what I type before I hit send smh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    1.) He seemed to encourage switcher discussion while at the same time saying he wanted it to stop. Indication of potential Switcher mindset.

    2.) He seemed to be openly buying into Frinckles' bait and sheeping him without much thought (his own words). Finding it hard to decide if what Frinckles did or what Martin did is more buddying/potential teammate hunting. This could be Indicative of being scum.

    3.) The way he's been talking feels very forced and scripted. I don't know if this is how he plays but none of it feels genuine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I don't see any town motivation in Frinckles play. Aside from maybe a very stretched performance trying to read reactions towards him, the fact he openly discussed his own scum-play and said that he was a try-hard (the complete opposite of what hes doing) struck as very scummy to me. I don't like when people try to twist their own meta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Day 1 is probably one of the best days to lynch scum. As of right now there are no leads (real or fake) to go off of, and nothing clearing anyone. Frinckles and Martin have both came off as fishing for potential teammates to me and that's what I would expect scum to be doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Can you explain why you think it's weak? I've seen scum do this in games that I've played in, (although that was a while ago, I don't expect it would change that fast). I also want to know why you're shutting out single points and not the rest of the argument on Frinckles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I like this post a lot actually. Most people in-game have already said they won't read, and it would be easy for scum to make long posts in order to look town. I don't think that's the case here but I like where you're coming from with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I had to clarify this with Frinckles too but Iím referring to your interaction towards him, not with him. I am not saying you two are knowing buddying each other as scum teammates.

    I think I misread your original post, but I read that as not wanting to talk about it anymore (similar to me not wanting to discuss oberons question about switcher).

    Given I donít feel like Iíve seen you scum-hunting, not sure why you think itís strange that You donít see what Iím saying
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I don't think his reaction to your claim was scum driven, I said this much when you first started it. Switcher is sided against town, and I can't fault someone for voting a non-town aligned role that seemed to have been hard claimed day 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I donít think Martin is scum either, but I donít understand why someone has to be lying between the two of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Iíd give him more credit than openly claiming an evil neutral role than that. Besides the AtE that he did which definitely had me convinced for a moment, it seemed obvious that he wouldnít do that. I donít know why people are actually thinking that a scum neutral role would claim openly.


    He said scum 17 times on D1

    Spoiler : Quotes containing "Triad" :

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    This would work assuming they take a role they can switch and don't target a triad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I know you are currently busy, but I would like to know what you think is the best lynch for day 1. Getting rid of the Switcher immediately, or getting a lynch on triad. Not questioning either but I'd like to know what your thoughts are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Mag thinks MattZed is evil for trying to lynch him. He thinks it's me as well because I joined that train (although I meant to fake vote, i never changed it either).

    Since mag is not backing down from his claim, I'm going to clarify why I said we had benefits.

    There are good and bad situations with this role, im just gonna briefly make a list.

    1.) Switcher is lynched day 1, one less evil role for us to lynch.
    2.) Switcher takes a triad role night 1. The new switcher now reveals the old switcher as triad, and we lynch the triad and let the switcher take a new role. (This cycle can continue into either lynching the next switcher, lynching the current switcher if it fails, or lynching the new triad if a triad player is chosen again).
    3.) The switcher becomes town n1, he tells us who the new switcher is, we lynch the switcher.
    4.) The switcher becomes town n1, and he does not tell us who the new switcher is. The cycle continues until someone decides to reveal the switcher, or another triad is found and a lynch on triad occurs.

    There are pros and cons to leaving Oberon alive, but at the end of the game hes not on our team. Thought it was worth discussing earlier but I did not want to dissuade the Switcher from revealing if he thought he was going to be lynched by accidentally taking a triad role. I don't really have much thoughts aside from this, and it's possible I missed some scenarios as I'm a bit out of focus right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I really wish this hadn't happened the way it did, as I can see a lot of good things coming from your role. If we had a lynch on a triad that was like 95% convincing then I'd say we don't lynch you, but no-lynching doesn't seem optimal either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    LMFAO yzb is definitely not saying that as triad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    And if he switches with a triad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Then you lynch the Switcher claim and the Triad claim lol.

    You guys don't realize how informational this role can be to town lol... But it's basically a useless role now because of how divided and ridiculous this game has become. At this point everyone isn't going to believe shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Frinckles why do you think all 4 triad arenít voting Oberon? Oberon why do you think all 4 triad are voting you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Why is it that surprising to have two bus drivers in a setup with a role that involved swapping mechanics? If anything itís the opposite lol.

    People seem very quick to stack votes in this game for some reason. Makes me believe the 3-5 voters are triad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Frinckles with Renegade and DM as the brainless sheep. Very likely Atleast 2 of them are triad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Itís just weird that Frinckles is saying everyone not voting you is triad (his lowest 4 were all not voting you at the time) but he seems to be silently town-reading me the entire time.

    He said triad 19 times on D1

    Spoiler : Quotes containing "town" :

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Busdriver IMO should play the beginning of the game as if they are citizen. The setup has the potential to be chaotic enough as it is, I don't see much benefit to bussing anything that isn't a confirmed town role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I claim to be one of the town roles that exists in this setup. I might be Busdriver, but I also might not be Busdriver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I honestly think that the switcher is now an extra town role if used properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I honestly think that the switcher is now an extra town role if used properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Would you sheep a hammer vote if your #1 town read was 100% sure someone was scum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I don't like town cores because I tend to get lazy on reading them when I trust people too much and don't re-evaluate enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    use their night action and be town the next day*
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Yeah, I am wondering why he decided to town-read Frinckles so strongly while scum-reading quite a bit at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I don't see any town motivation in Frinckles play. Aside from maybe a very stretched performance trying to read reactions towards him, the fact he openly discussed his own scum-play and said that he was a try-hard (the complete opposite of what hes doing) struck as very scummy to me. I don't like when people try to twist their own meta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Yeah that's my bad, I read it as "Town Random" and not "Town read".

    To answer your question, I think Helz is my biggest town-read as of right now. He noticed the same potential signalling that Frinckles has been doing that nobody else seemed to care about. I also like how his answers in the switcher discussion. It came off to me when I was thinking about he wanted to weaponize the switcher, and I agree that there are quite a few situations where lynching the switcher isn't the best play.

    MattZed leans town, but im holding off on that because aside from the beginning when he began the discussion on Switcher it's been more of a gut read. I could also see Renegade easily being town just from the way he interacted with his train/the counter train that started on Martin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I feel like your argument here is exactly why someone would do it, lol. I understand about the laziness thing, but I'd atleast like to know if you still have a strong town-read on Frinckles and if so, why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I like this post a lot actually. Most people in-game have already said they won't read, and it would be easy for scum to make long posts in order to look town. I don't think that's the case here but I like where you're coming from with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I'm walking away because solely focusing on Frinckles feels very unproductive and is encouraging less interaction between others. Very little of what he has said makes me think he's town but I'm moving on from this until later.

    -unvote
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I donít know if Mag is pulling an Unknown or not but lol at what is happening. You are really dragging this game in the wrong direction if you are town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    1.) You don't win with town.
    2.) In order to do that, you have to choose a person with a town role. Even if you did, the person you became would now be an evil role and we wouldn't be any step closer to winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Mag thinks MattZed is evil for trying to lynch him. He thinks it's me as well because I joined that train (although I meant to fake vote, i never changed it either).

    Since mag is not backing down from his claim, I'm going to clarify why I said we had benefits.

    There are good and bad situations with this role, im just gonna briefly make a list.

    1.) Switcher is lynched day 1, one less evil role for us to lynch.
    2.) Switcher takes a triad role night 1. The new switcher now reveals the old switcher as triad, and we lynch the triad and let the switcher take a new role. (This cycle can continue into either lynching the next switcher, lynching the current switcher if it fails, or lynching the new triad if a triad player is chosen again).
    3.) The switcher becomes town n1, he tells us who the new switcher is, we lynch the switcher.
    4.) The switcher becomes town n1, and he does not tell us who the new switcher is. The cycle continues until someone decides to reveal the switcher, or another triad is found and a lynch on triad occurs.

    There are pros and cons to leaving Oberon alive, but at the end of the game hes not on our team. Thought it was worth discussing earlier but I did not want to dissuade the Switcher from revealing if he thought he was going to be lynched by accidentally taking a triad role. I don't really have much thoughts aside from this, and it's possible I missed some scenarios as I'm a bit out of focus right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Yes but I also said lynching a town is a lot worse than lynching the Switcher. Lynching you is just the middle option. Considering half the people aren't even being active and someone is at L-2, I feel very conflicted about what's happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Then you lynch the Switcher claim and the Triad claim lol.

    You guys don't realize how informational this role can be to town lol... But it's basically a useless role now because of how divided and ridiculous this game has become. At this point everyone isn't going to believe shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I don't think his reaction to your claim was scum driven, I said this much when you first started it. Switcher is sided against town, and I can't fault someone for voting a non-town aligned role that seemed to have been hard claimed day 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Bus driver is actually one of the few confirmed town roles lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Itís just weird that Frinckles is saying everyone not voting you is triad (his lowest 4 were all not voting you at the time) but he seems to be silently town-reading me the entire time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    If bakermir and DMís slips were both actual townie slips, this game will be easy lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    The only townie thing from you this game is your claim.

    He said town 31 times on D1




    So much more emphasis on publicly finding town and switcher

    and secretly taking notes on who he really thinks is triad/scum
  26. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    I was convinced he was scum.

    Why does it matter if he's switcher or triad?
    IN FACT

    Lets go search the word "switcher" and see how many times that pops up in Unknown's D1 ISO.
  27. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    But even YOU weren't convinced that he was switcher. You pushed him saying that he was confirmed scum, but showed every hint of doubt in your posts talking about him.
    I was convinced he was scum.

    Why does it matter if he's switcher or triad?
  28. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    And how do you explain how you ONLY townread people D1/D2? Why did you vote Renegade while thinking he was doing his TPR meta? Why did you not stop D1 from ending early? Why aren't you actively making a case on Unknown that doesn't rely on PoE?

    None of these look good for you. This isn't a read based on mechanics. Mechanics narrowed it down to you vs Unknown. I'm voting you because you look scummier.
    Only townread people on D1?

    Bullshit. That day only lasted a few hours of its supposed 48 hour run.

    Don't throw that fake shit at me WHEN WE DIDN'T HAVE THE TIME TO READ EVERYONE (Much less everyone being in the thread!!!)

    And when I did have a scum-read, it was Oberon since he claimed BD (My role!!!)

    you're blatantly taking advantage of not noting context here
  29. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    We've been in a 5v3 discussion the entire time... The only reason you're concerned about it now is because he's lynching the right person lol.
    CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THE ANGER AND IRRITATION IN MY CHOICE OF WORDS

    MY GOD.

    Sure, its just a game but this is really a let-down of MattZed in my perspective
  30. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    smh

    being yeeted just because he disagrees with my mechanical night action choices for N1 and that it conveniently fits the DH targeting

    I suppose this is how its supposed to go when a guy is really into that sort of thing for FM
  31. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    4. If Martin flips Bus Driver, WHOOPS. Unknown is DH and Helz is probably CA.
    We're in a 5v3.......

    Its quite irritating that you just frame it as a "WHOOPS"

    @Renegade

    Please don't lock his house

    @Unknown1234

    please kill him


    Thanks!!!
  32. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    When the thought was to remove the switcher by having them become someone and outing them was in the argument, that is arguably a better play. What you did is neither of those options.
    Yes because I disagreed with the town having less proportional amount of information control during the night

    every role, even if they don't produce feedback, does effectively give knowledge to the townies at night as to what happen

    and with LW's (if they die) and the capacity to open-claim as BD to resolve any issues that pop up

    I believed that outweighed the potential costs you were implying
  33. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Kinda ironic tbh since there were messages like these on D1

    telling me to do nothing and be a citizen instead of a PR
    Y'know, let the bad guys handle the chaos

    and not the good guys never have control or influence of it
  34. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Sooooo basically never do it on anything relating to consensus or anybody else's input

    got it
    Kinda ironic tbh since there were messages like these on D1

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Busdriver IMO should play the beginning of the game as if they are citizen. The setup has the potential to be chaotic enough as it is, I don't see much benefit to bussing anything that isn't a confirmed town role.
    telling me to do nothing and be a citizen instead of a PR
  35. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    Bus yourself with your strongest scumread OR bus your strongest townread with your strongest scumread.
    Sooooo basically never do it on anything relating to consensus or anybody else's input

    got it
  36. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    That alleged N1 self-swap with Frinckles still makes no sense to me. Martin CLEARLY believed Frinckles was likely town, so he's just swapping the DH kill from one town to another. Saying it would help showing Frinckles is town is just BS.
    Would you mind explaining to me what you would've expected of a bus driver for N1 so I can avoid this mistake in the future?

    Because this is the first time I am a TPR in my mafia career so far. Only other time I was PR was the omega wolf in that Wolf Spirits II game.
  37. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Unknown1234 (1 [L-4]):
    Helz
    MartinGG99 (1 [L-4]):
    Unknown1234
    FrostByte (1 [L-4]):
    Frinckles


    btw

    if yall are planning to vote today at some point don't forget to do so
    Wait why the fuck my vote is not up there

    -vote Unknown1234
  38. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Unknown1234 (1 [L-4]):
    Helz
    MartinGG99 (1 [L-4]):
    Unknown1234
    FrostByte (1 [L-4]):
    Frinckles


    btw

    if yall are planning to vote today at some point don't forget to do so
  39. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    it's unironically better for me or matt to die tonight if nothing else can be helped.
    Well there is Pluarlity + Majority

    and I think with the 1v1 here between me and Unknown

    we aren't going to get a no-elimination today

    it would require trust at EoD.
  40. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    This all happens after the DH is removed from the game at least once though.
    But since I AM the busdriver we could test that tonight regardless of who's eliminated (or not-eliminated)

    it just won't confirm to people that Renegade is Locksmith (He is locksmith imo)
  41. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    I suppose that's a reason that could solely apply to me. But once again, its possible to do a Renegade + Martin test in the future. Since he can't self-lock I have to bus him every night from now on to prevent his death....and even if I were DH that means I can't kill him based on my Busdriver claim.
    So it probably would happen on a night where I bus Martin + Renegade and he decides whether or not to lock me

    and I can tell him if he locked my house or not

    This all happens after the DH is removed from the game at least once though.
  42. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    During day 2, Martin heavily suggested that he thought Yzb25 was triad, and how he was waiting for the days to progress before revealing why he thought that (going as far as to say he bussed himself with yzb, which I do find interesting). After I role-claimed as butler, he seemed to drop his scum-read on Yzb entirely and believe my claim. I will have to double check through his posts if he really explains why he thinks Yzb is town and doesn't seem to consider me not being Butler at this point.

    If he really strongly believed I was butler and did not want to back off of this thought, killing Yzb makes a lot of sense.
    If he thought Helz was triad (which the thought also seems to be evident in who he claims to have bussed n3) then getting rid of Yzb would be a logical kill following the other 2 if he believed I was butler and that Yzb was a non-claimed TPR role.
    This is awfully close to the reasons you would have as DH. You believed Yzb25 was town, and wanted to bolster your butler claim.

    I fail to see the point in trying to doing NKA for n3, since the DH can only be either of us and both of us could have had very similar reasons for killing Yzb25.


    I believe you're implying that it's logical in the sense that I would become a part (if not already) of the town core as a triad here?

    I suppose that's a reason that could solely apply to me. But once again, its possible to do a Renegade + Martin test in the future. Since he can't self-lock I have to bus him every night from now on to prevent his death....and even if I were DH that means I can't kill him based on my Busdriver claim.
  43. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I don't really know if the orange colours went in because I might have mixed colours in, but given how strongly he pushed against Oberon's Bus Driver claim, in the same post he talks about seeing oberon as "100% scum" and then immediately after comments about potentially being under fire if he somehow flipped Bus Driver. This reads to me that he believed that Oberon was the confirmed Bus Driver.
    Everyone's uninformed, and this was a PR heavy game (only 2 were confirmed civilians; the game could have more but I found that doubtful)

    I don't know what else to say to this.
  44. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post

    The first thing worth noting is that he seems bothered with Frinckles claiming that the DH and Locksmith/Moulder targeted him. In a way it looks like he's worried about Frinckles trying to use it to confirm himself.
    He speculates twice that he could have been the target, which is interesting mostly because he thought his role would be under question if Oberon flipped town (which he did). There is also a second point where he could be trying to influence people to believe he's town by claiming he's the most likely target, but that could also be countered by Locksmith/Moulder claiming their action at any point. Unless the goal is to make people believe you're a locked town role, it doesn't make as much sense to believe that.

    Second point worth mentioning Is how he justifies him bussing himself with Frinckles by saying that the game was collectively suspicious of Frinckles' alignment, but that he personally town-read Frinckles through day 1, going as far as to say that he saw Frinckles as his top town-read. I really don't see how bussing yourself with someone you town-read quite a bit and then saying it's because other people scum-read him makes sense. There are a few other points that I mention that show him being hesitant to feel strongly one way or another about Frinckles, but also easily believes his claim (not sure if I quoted this one, but it happens closely after he discusses his read on Frinckles to Matt).
    Well, judging by the two big effort posts of Reads/ISO's at SoD2, along with the pushes by the likes of Yzb25 and MattZed and with posts on D1 against Frinckles, I had reason to believe Frinckles may have not been widely town-read. If he wasn't widely town-read then why had DH targeted him? If I were DH I would be gunning for those I felt wasn't suspicious enough to be possibly triad. Therefore, the idea that Frinckles was supposing that *he* was attacked was seemingly less plausible to me than the plausibility that I was attacked at the time.

    It was also bothering me that Frinckles didn't seem to openly discuss the idea of me being targeted until I brought it up (IIRC), which if it weren't for Frinckles D2 hard claim (and Naz's additional mechanical info), looked suspicious to me as well. What you seem to perceive about me in some aspects I saw in Frinckles as well. I had to review him as well as a few other things (such as my reads on other people), so it took be a bit of time to re-assure myself that he was town and strengthen my sense of the situation revolving around Dark Magician and Deathworlds.


    That decision was made on a sense of utility to the town. Since everyone is effectively uninformed, I thought it was best to do things in service of the "collective" rather than my personal thoughts, especially in the early game.
  45. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I would suggest that no-lynching is almost a good idea for anyone that believes Martin is bus driver.

    Although now that I think about it that would rely on naz being confirmed detective and not spy. Worth a thought I guess.
    It's 5v3 right now

    theoretically we can do a no-lynch and be okay; it's only MYLO

    though I'm not certain if that's a good idea as that would just give the CA more time to bind if they haven't already

    However, with the current juxtaposition of "DH is either Martin or Unkown1234", we're basically guaranteed to never be night-killed

    Helz flipping would also help resolve that matter to some degree so that kill is a sort of no-go

    leaving just Renegade, Frinckles, Mattzed, Frostbyte, and Naz
  46. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    If it means anything to you, once the butler claims came up and their seeming contradiction, I tried to avoid evaluating on effort because both you and Helz appeared to do really well on effort posting. And that's partially why I avoided posts against each other from each other on that matter, for me personally its just better to look at each other indivdually if both possible suspects are effort posters; it may be too easy to accidentally get nit-picky on one side or the other and start getting a wrong idea.

    Ironically, I got the wrong idea of Helz being scum anyways lol

    I did read your ISO's and posts on Naz in the past and I often thought they were very valuable and informative; they help clarified for me that I wasn't just feeling negativity towards their alignment just because of playstyle differences. I just didn't have anything to comment on it (or at least I didn't think of any comment or question or etc at the time).....

    Maybe I should comment more often on my town reads because I don't really do that often :/
    Also the feeling of being interacted with or not being interacted with and associated topics within Mafia has been a bit of interest to me lately.

    In the MU championships finale for this year's season 7, one of the players felt severely ignored in that game up until around Day 6 (I think; I didn't read the whole game) where they were finally listened to and a player got correctly eliminated as mafia.

    For them, that game was a rather terrible experience.

    And I've been wondering if there's some way to make Forum Mafia a better experience for people, or at least practices that would help reduce that kind of effect or occurrence of said social situation.
  47. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I hate that I feel like my posts are being skipped over because I make so many that people are deliberately not reading them because they don't want to be overwhelmed. Perhaps this is something I should consider in the future.
    If it means anything to you, once the butler claims came up and their seeming contradiction, I tried to avoid evaluating on effort because both you and Helz appeared to do really well on effort posting. And that's partially why I avoided posts against each other from each other on that matter, for me personally its just better to look at each other indivdually if both possible suspects are effort posters; it may be too easy to accidentally get nit-picky on one side or the other and start getting a wrong idea.

    Ironically, I got the wrong idea of Helz being scum anyways lol

    I did read your ISO's and posts on Naz in the past and I often thought they were very valuable and informative; they help clarified for me that I wasn't just feeling negativity towards their alignment just because of playstyle differences. I just didn't have anything to comment on it (or at least I didn't think of any comment or question or etc at the time).....

    Maybe I should comment more often on my town reads because I don't really do that often :/
  48. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    ASSUMPTIONS:
    1. Town is always telling the truth
    This is an interesting mini-thought experiment though

    Technically speaking, nobody but Renegade knows who he locked between me & Frinckles

    Now I don't think its plausible, but its hypothetically possible that Renegade locked my house and is lying about it so MattZed isn't suspected as DH.

    But that's a disproven thought since, y'know, MattZed is the confirmed civilian.
  49. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Also I feel bad for Deathworlds.

    I feel like anyone who gets taken down like that missed out on a lot, and it wasn't even due to Deathworld's play. The elimination got forced upon him, regardless if he was town or triad and regardless of his play.
  50. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

    Thread Author:Auwt

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    2,920
    Views
    24,774

    ►►Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Honestly you played really well. Before your cc I really did have you pegged as town. Not just town but one of my highest town reads too.
    Preetty much the same position here.

    If Escort/Shopkeeper happened after the bus/switch (which I think it normally does in the mod), then you probably would've had a good chance of a clean win on LYLO imo. I quite possibly would been convinced to eliminate Helz at some point and I may have been open to doing that on LYLO; I did suggest that on D3 at one point I think.

    God, this setup was chaotic though and I have no clue whether its balanced or not.

    It certainly need strong mechanical solving or play by any and/or every side though fmpov

    and I wonder if I would've not figured it out if I was just a civilian rather than a PR busdriver


    Also that D3 mass claim along with a triad random dead by EoD3....nobody could've predicted how it was going to turn out and yet in some ways it very conveniently solved some problems (or gave a plausible answer for) such as this:

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    What if Helz is DH and the N2 kill was actually a sniper kill?
    I suppose that's possible, at face value.

    But then that would mean that they're the last triad random

    meaning any TPR claims that have given mechanical information are without a doubt proven

    because sniper has no Town counterpart

    meaning Naz, Renegade, and Frinckles are both town as well as myself (unless you're thinking DH martin with town Renegade)

    And that means the other TPR claims

    Helz and Unkown are both triad

    because we only get 5 TPR's (including Obereon who's dead)
Results 1 to 50 of 1575
Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 4