Search Results - SC2 Mafia
Register

Search:

Type: Posts; User: ZZorange

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 0.01 seconds.

  1. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:The Road To Unban

    Thread Author:ZZorange

    Post Author:ZZorange

    Replies
    8
    Views
    204

    ►►Re: The Road To Unban◄◄

    Day #1 Apology #1 BBmirus I am sorry for spamming you with the pleading face emoji and gaslighting you into believing a false narrative so that I could make you look bad. Even if I am right, in the end that doesn't justify the actions of being super petty in return and it's just super rude. Taking revenge on the people who wrong us even if they are terrible people like we may choose to believe just puts us at their level and if we're truly to rise above, we gotta rise above and not retaliate. Operating like that isn't feasible because you have to assume you're never wrong, because if you were wrong you'd be being a dick to a person who didn't deserve it, and everyone is wrong sometimes. So for that I apologize to you BBmirus even in the case where you deserve all that you got it's not my job to do anything about it, that's for God to decide. I am sorry. No pleading face emoji attached.
  2. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:The Road To Unban

    Thread Author:ZZorange

    Post Author:ZZorange

    Replies
    8
    Views
    204

    ►►The Road To Unban◄◄

    Full House. Coloured Names. Live for the Amnesiac win. Mass default lynches with Marshall. Big default names with ropes wrapped around em, heart attacking out on night two, made the game SO MUCH more fun. After the game go to the mafia Discord to shit talk Altech. They'd say "Honest Man stop lynching defaults" but they can't stop you from voting a default after someone else suggests it. The mods would be coming into the thread trying to ban us up, we had to lynch em up as fast as we could. OHHH I miss those games. I WAS A PIECE OF SHIT THOUGH.

    People can change.
  3. ►►Re: Didn't think I was ever gonna post something like this, but AAmirus said to so here we are.◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    You know I had a feeling this was fake.
    It's not
  4. ►►Re: Didn't think I was ever gonna post something like this, but AAmirus said to so here we are.◄◄

    It's not a twisted narrative Ozy it's just a different opinion. Not everything is a conspiracy my man.
  5. ►►Re: Didn't think I was ever gonna post something like this, but AAmirus said to so here we are.◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Alright, if someone is repeatedly gonna claim Im lying what is the ethicality in just posting the screenshots?
    You're gonna post stuff someone sent you in confidence? That's pretty shady not gonna lie.
  6. ►►Re: Didn't think I was ever gonna post something like this, but AAmirus said to so here we are.◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Well, if you're telling the truth (which I believe is very possible and thus should be considered as potentially true, guys...): full support to you.

    And if you're just a lying asshole, well I cast thou into the deepest part of Hades! You know what you are anyway :P

    Good luck anyway!
    Appreciate the positive vibes Marshmellow. I will admit I was gaslighting AAmirus but that's only because I wanted to know what they truly thought instead of what they say. Show their true colours as it were, they were as I expected unfortunately.
  7. ►►Re: Didn't think I was ever gonna post something like this, but AAmirus said to so here we are.◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Okay then as I said before, if getting banned allowed you to get sober then it’s a good thing right?
    You think people can just break an addiction that quickly just because they get banned from a game? That's dismissive as fuck AAmirus. I got myself off the sauce, now you try to take credit for it by banning me? That's sickening AA, seriously disgusting stuff diminishing any other people with a real problem saying it's super easy you just gotta get yourself banned from sc2mafia.
  8. ►►Re: Didn't think I was ever gonna post something like this, but AAmirus said to so here we are.◄◄

    Nah, that part is actually true. I just fed you a lie to see whether you would believe the word that I typed here that was true or your own inherent bias against me and not believe me given the opportunity. I can show you my stein if you want. Not an innuendo, a real 1L stein that I used for beer, i now use 4 water.

    It's one of these puppies https://shop.oktoberfest.de/media/im...01_400x400.jpg
  9. ►►Re: Didn't think I was ever gonna post something like this, but AAmirus said to so here we are.◄◄

    Hey guys if at any point you thought this thread made a mockery out of the very real disease of Alcoholism I apologize. I tried not to make it seem like a joke and portray it seriously as it demands, but apparently I was being offensive so to anyone I offended with this post and AAmirus I am sorry. Thanks for all the supporting words too you guys are great.
  10. Replies
    29
    Views
    527

    ►►Re: HMOP's Daily Post Until ZZOrange Is Banned Thread◄◄

    Are you victim blaming?
  11. ►►Re: Didn't think I was ever gonna post something like this, but AAmirus said to so here we are.◄◄

    You are right HentaiMan I have been a liar and I'm sorry for the way it has impacted you, you deserve far better. I'm going to continue to try to do better for people like you. God bless.
  12. ►►Re: Didn't think I was ever gonna post something like this, but AAmirus said to so here we are.◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Sober Man

    Is alcohol a problem?
    I didn't think it was until AAmirus talked me through it and helped me out.
  13. ►►Didn't think I was ever gonna post something like this, but AAmirus said to so here we are.◄◄

    As of today I am 6 weeks sober. Most of the regulars I played with already know this, but most of the time I was playing Mafia, I was at least 4 beers deep. It's something you don't even really consider a problem, just part of daily routine until something happens. Getting banned from the game I love was a real wake up call and I realized the sauce unleashed a bunch of hate towards a bunch of innocent mafia players, so even though I'm here sober and I still hate Altech, I never really considered the impact on the good mafia playing people, and I think that's what AA was trying to make me realize all this time. After being able to look back and reflect on everything since I can't play the game, I've really been able to see the game from the eyes of the other 50% of the playerbase that aren't regulars and just regular people playing the game.

    And to all those people lynched randomly, or insulted for being dense by me I apologize to you guys. To me I was just having fun, but to you, you guys weren't having fun and in a game it's important for everyone to be having fun, not just some at others expense.

    The fact that random people I've never interacted with or though I had interacted with have a problem with me is evidence enough of the problem.

    I'm not expecting anything out of this, I just needed to apologize to all the people hurt by my alcoholism, so that I can carry on and continue with my life in a healthier manner.

    Thanks Aa for helping me realize that I needed to do this, sorry for all the trouble I caused you guys too.

    Sober Man, out.
  14. Replies
    23
    Views
    466
  15. Replies
    23
    Views
    466

    ►►Re: Who is the most corrupt MOD. Need help finding out.◄◄

    I mean there's gotta be sum1, if there is slide into my dms so we can discuss the rate its ok i won't rat you out.
  16. Replies
    23
    Views
    466

    ►►Re: Who is the most corrupt MOD. Need help finding out.◄◄

    srry no middlemen can't trust em
  17. Replies
    23
    Views
    466

    ►►Who is the most corrupt MOD. Need help finding out.◄◄

    Yo guys, I need some pointers which mod would respond well to a sizeable bribe in exchange for reinstatement. Keep this on the DL and lemme know, thanks boys. Mums the word.
  18. Replies
    3,517
    Views
    29,351

    ►►Re: S-FM 330: All Stars (Old School) Not for the Weak◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    On the bright side though, his 4th game will probably be a proper. Which is why I personally don't mind the little spank.
    Probably don't see myself signing up for a Soft Mike game anytime soon, and all the other hosts have been based and redpilled so I don't see why that would change.
  19. Replies
    3,517
    Views
    29,351

    ►►Re: S-FM 330: All Stars (Old School) Not for the Weak◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Host Review, I think it was a great Game. No one played like crap everyone played a great game. This is one of the rare times that I believe everyone But one player (will not name names( Mod Killed)) Played great. I really enjoyed seeing this game move as it did making it to Final Three and seeing town pull it out. Mafia team did a good job making it to final three.
    @Obreon Remember it is easy for us to see players errors because we have all the info. If we where in there shoes who knows what mistakes we would have made. Like i said everyone played a great game.
    Comments like these are kinda what starts to earn you nick names like Soft Mike. Just next game you host please don't put not for the weak it's extremely misleading for those that aren't weak, or at least outline what moves each type of player is allowed 2 use so, new players can't gambit or bus etc... etc.... First game I've played where the hosts skin broke so quickly, ironic given the title, most other hosts so far have been far better.
  20. Replies
    3,517
    Views
    29,351

    ►►Re: All Stars (Old School) Not for the Weak◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    Loved reading this game. Not sure why there was so much negativity and stress about this game.

    Like everyone eslse, I'll also echo props to Yuesford to hanging on this long. I think he was a bit toxic at the end, but I guess it's understandable given the context of Yuesford being scum and new and in dire straits. Also, Yuesford, you kept saying you weren't being listened to. You were, but you're not always going to get everyone to follow you :P

    I don't really get the "anti-new-player" bias that was thrown around here (I'm looking at you @Renegade ). Like, I REALLY did not appreciate the "oh someone's viewing thread and not reading" shit, and I don't think you did either. But if you want your play this game to be your meta, so be it. It just seems to me that you're taking other players read of you personally and that makes me sad.

    Also, zzorange, we don't really appreciate on the forums here people who post content completely unrelated to the game, in order to circumvent a post count. That's probably why your dead end vigilante claim was garbage. If you can't understand that what you were doing was against the spirit of the game rules, then you're probably too stupid to play with us. If you can, and legitimately wish to play, i think there could be some good games with you. But no one here wants to see the game you brought to "All Stars" ever again.
    I mean I get kicked out if I don't post so I could either, post a bunch of random garbage accusations that mean nothing because I have no information, or I could post a bunch of garbage match recaps that mean nothing because I have no information.

    I'm just doing what the game says, if sniffing ones owns farts and acting like a social deduction mastermind from overanalyzing every single word is the only way you're allowed to play the game, that's pretty cringe.

    Also if you can't see the anti new player bias Voss, you really gotta step back distance yourself and look at it from the outside, because it's very easy to see from out here.
  21. Replies
    3,517
    Views
    29,351

    ►►Re: All Stars (Old School) Not for the Weak◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    I second this. I don't want to play with someone like ZZ in FM again, even if he just has a different way of playing, which I highly doubt.
    Why would you join a Forum Mafia game titled Not for the Weak, if you are that soft though, that the thought of playing a forum mafia game with a particular player sends you into cold sweats.
  22. Replies
    3,517
    Views
    29,351

    ►►Re: All Stars (Old School) Not for the Weak◄◄

    That would be pretty lame, all I did was use a gambit, but host mistakenly said "Not for the weak" in the title, so I thought that would apply to the host too.
  23. Replies
    3,517
    Views
    29,351

    ►►Re: All Stars (Old School) Not for the Weak◄◄

    It's ok i'll vote him for MVP
  24. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Our hero, our orange, our zz

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:ZZorange

    Replies
    103
    Views
    3,278

    ►►Re: Our hero, our orange, our zz◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I think, in order to be treated well from your fellow FM folks, a good start would be to reach post count minimums a single game day without relying on spamming game unrelated stuff.
    I mean Day 1 is just useless spam neway and a couple guys smelling their own farts. So I just mixed up the spam game. I could go *Puts spectacles on* *cue inception Music* If you'll notice in Cekos post they used a capital T when they didn't need to. Capital T, what else begins with a capital T? That's right Tylenol, what is Tylenol for? That's right preventing pain without having to see a Doctor. Doctor. What are doctors for? Preventing people from dying to the Mafia at night. Mafia... A common role in a game of Forum Mafia. That's right.... Ceko is Mafia confirmed! *music reaches crescendo* But that kinda stuff is pretty cringe so I chose to mix it up on what I spammed.
  25. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Our hero, our orange, our zz

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:ZZorange

    Replies
    103
    Views
    3,278

    ►►Re: Our hero, our orange, our zz◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    There's no such rule ceko is just pulling your leg
    Awe darn, so the forum mafia regulars will never let people into their treehouse eh? That sucks, I figured if one stuck around long enough they'd eventually treat you like a person and not a sub human. Oh well that's a shame.
  26. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Our hero, our orange, our zz

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:ZZorange

    Replies
    103
    Views
    3,278

    ►►Re: Our hero, our orange, our zz◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    Is English not your native language? You said to "all of Mafia". Last time I checked, "all of Mafia" would imply the entire SC2 Mafia community that encompasses both the SC2 Mafia custom map AND the SC2 Mafia forums. Talk about a disingenuous goodbye if you're goodbyeing to one half and still sticking around for the other. I don't say "goodbye, fellow co-workers!" only to work for the sister company in the same building when I leave my job.
    I mean for the most part the mod community is the mafia community, save a few forum mafia elitists. So saying goodbye to the mod is basically saying it to most of the mafia community. Context is important here since I was clarifying that it wasn't like the 72222 post, but i guess reading comprehension is hard. I could never leave entirely because reading the poorly thought out posts made by you and others is far too much entertainment.

    Man is it entertaining watching you jump into threads to try to pile on people who don't even know who you are. I mean I know you're just doing it for a reaction to give your life some meaning, but it doesn't mean it isn't entertaining.
  27. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Our hero, our orange, our zz

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:ZZorange

    Replies
    103
    Views
    3,278

    ►►Re: Our hero, our orange, our zz◄◄

    Srry SuperJack I'm workin on gettin more forum mafia games under my belt, Neko told me the number of games until I'm allowed to use gambits like a regular forum mafia player instead of getting modkilled is 25, so I gotta grind those out. Kinda weird rule but I respect the honesty so I gotta hit the grind.
  28. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Our hero, our orange, our zz

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:ZZorange

    Replies
    103
    Views
    3,278

    ►►Re: Our hero, our orange, our zz◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    Even after you quit SC2 Mafia, you still retain the IQ of a DH who forgot to maintain a LW on day 4.

    I don't care that no one knows me. That's a non-sequitur. What I do care about is that you got permabanned yet here you still are hanging around the forums like a pimple after the age of 20. When you said you're leaving, I will make sure you'll leave. So please leave.
    You know that was in reference to leaving the sc2mafia mod community since I wasn't allowed to play the game right. I never said anything about leaving here why not being able to annoy you would be no fun.
  29. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Our hero, our orange, our zz

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:ZZorange

    Replies
    103
    Views
    3,278

    ►►Re: Our hero, our orange, our zz◄◄

    Now look what you've done, now that guy nobody remembers is jealous of you guys trying to slide into my dms. Smh my head.
  30. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Our hero, our orange, our zz

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:ZZorange

    Replies
    103
    Views
    3,278

    ►►Re: Our hero, our orange, our zz◄◄

    Attempts the pivot, Ooohhh ouch, that one looked like it hurt SuperTroll goes down. Well Jerry at the very least you can say SuperTroll gave it his all out there today.
  31. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Our hero, our orange, our zz

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:ZZorange

    Replies
    103
    Views
    3,278

    ►►Re: Our hero, our orange, our zz◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    So rather than try to help fix the game and make the suggestions you abuse these mechanics instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by ZZorange View Post
    I will agree that Blacklist as it currently stands is extremely powerful and should probably be toned down. I cannot remember the last time I was given a role that is on my blacklist, if my blacklist loaded in at the start of the game. However in regards to LagAttacks assessment that it doesn't overly impact the meta I would agree. For it to impact the meta that would require a majority of players to know of and then use said lists to their advantage which just doesn't happen.

    If the game worked that way I would never be n1 jailed or shot by vigilante since I roll town 90% of the time, but that just simply isn't the reality of the situation and I got the 200+ n1 execute replays to prove it.

    I like the prefer because it allows you to get the good roles more like coroner, but the fact that it doesn't auto give you the role is good, you frequently get roles not on your prefer, even when you have 10 roles selected there's a reasonable chance you won't get any of them. If blacklist were made similar to prefer, where there was still a small chance 2 get those hated rolls as opposed to virtually never, it would probably be fine.

    Alternatively it could be adjusted that you would have 2 that had to be of a different alignment, such that you could only blacklist 8 mafia for example giving you the chance to become mafia even if you really really didn't want to be.

    Mission failed SuperTroll, we'll get em next time.
  32. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Our hero, our orange, our zz

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:ZZorange

    Replies
    103
    Views
    3,278

    ►►Re: Our hero, our orange, our zz◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Auwt View Post
    Well basically talking about prefer/blacklist of a certain player is considered as angleshooting/spirit breaking, especially when achieved in order to defend yourself.
    If I remember correctly I've already seen some replay where your defense has been designed around "I always prefer town so [insert a complement]".
    That is external info that happens pre-game.
    The real game starts at the moment you choose a name.
    Talking during the actual game, about events that have happened before it, is very likely to bite the game spirit breaking / angleshooting line.
    It's not a defense it's just pure statistics. Honest Man spends 95% of his games as Town isn't a defense its just stating a well known fact. How people choose to use this information is up to them.

    Here I'll give an example not about me so you can see what I mean. I'm a veteran player so I know the prefer lists of other regular players. Certain players like to play certain roles and some of those players often enjoy using the same names, enabling you to see who they are in game.

    Anyway in one hypothetical game there's an amnesiac gone Jailor and its a 2v1 and both are claiming it, except the catch is one of the claimers is Toast who everyone knows prefers Amnesiac. Is it angleshooting to lean towards believing toast because you know it's more probable they are amnesiac in a game with no other major tells? You can't help but know these things when you play that long, so would it be punishable to act on this outside knowledge and if so why. It's not like we can just give ourselves Amnesia to enforce fair play.

    99% Of the angleshooting claims in here wouldn't be an issue if prefer and blacklist were not as strong as they are and yet you attack the person abusing the abuseable system instead of attacking the system itself. Fix the system and you won't have any of what you believe to be angleshooting, or just keep getting angry at people using the broken system in place and punishing them for all of eternity. Talk about insanity right der.

    I've never been reported for being the Honest Man gimmick and never telling lies, so if it is illegal then I should have been banned for it long ago. Aslong as blacklist prefer exists in its current state there will be others who use it this way, and to punish those players for using a system in game is no offense pretty fuckin dumb.
  33. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Our hero, our orange, our zz

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:ZZorange

    Replies
    103
    Views
    3,278

    ►►Re: Our hero, our orange, our zz◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    You were talking about always blacklisting mafia roles and preferring town roles whilst picking same name - and never claim your role in order to teach everyone that you're always town. You yourself admited to have done it before and to keep doing in the future all for the purpose of what was described in the last sentence.
    How is that not angleshooting?

    Besides, that's what I reported you for but that's not for what you got punished.
    You didn't claim in jail in order to "teach a lesson" - thereby violating 2 of your appeal conditions. Which was your actual offense of that game.


    Honestly, these mental gymnastics you're pulling to twist reality to your desire - don't you ever get tired of it?
    Neither Auwts or mine own appeal #2 required claiming in jail, so I'm not sure what you thought I violated there. What I said in death chat was simply an explanation of why I take the actions I did in game. The lesson being that if you want to jail and execute Honest Man n1, you're perfectly allowed to but you will have a high chance of failoring and if failoring occurs, that is on you. That's the lesson not that "People must learn I'm always town". I've already explained the logic behind not claiming as an Honest player as it's very different from playing as a player that can lie.

    You can use hyperbole all you want, but the truth remains the truth.

    In order to angleshoot I kind of have to use it to have some impact on the game. Discussing it after any impact has already been removed isn't angleshooting it's just discussing basic pattern recognition. Like I see someone with the name "please be patient i have autism" in colourful teal letters it isn't angleshooting to know that player is Toast. That's just basic pattern recognition. If someone executes Honest Man n1 and he flips Marshall it's not angleshooting it's realizing the basic pattern that blacklists and prefers are public knowledge and they've been posted on this forum before. Again, you actual problem here is Blacklist/Prefer can impact the game way too much to which I agree. But it's not angleshooting.
  34. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Our hero, our orange, our zz

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:ZZorange

    Replies
    103
    Views
    3,278

    ►►Re: Our hero, our orange, our zz◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I am not going to say there is no witch hunt going on for you but I do still feel like your invalidating the feedback that is given to you.

    Perhaps you can reject the feedback here but later in life take a moment to accept it in hind sight of this situation. Although by that time I doubt any person who has participated in this chat will care about this chat in the slightest or even remember this conversation happened.
    Again it's a fairly simple concept that everyone on this world does. People reject feedback that doesn't come from sources they believe to be legitimate. Some surgeon doesn't go ahead and take the random advice of a guy who's played Surgeon Simulator for 20000 hours. In the same vein if a chronic gamethrower reports you for gamethrowing you're not going to take it seriously.

    I don't know how I can make it more simple, if any of the reports had come from upstanding people in the mafia community it'd be easy to respect their grievances, but none of them had, it's that simple. I've read every report, know every single reporter. That's all it is.
  35. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Our hero, our orange, our zz

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:ZZorange

    Replies
    103
    Views
    3,278

    ►►Re: Our hero, our orange, our zz◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    The whole blacklist/prefer thing you just said is exactly what angleshooting.....
    Yeah but angleshooting is intentional, the fact that I had 10 mafia roles blacklisted and 7 preferred was just a well known fact. Everything I got reported for in that OzyWho game was after I was already dead and by definition couldn't be angleshooting lol. So IDK why you're so hung up on this.
  36. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Our hero, our orange, our zz

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:ZZorange

    Replies
    103
    Views
    3,278

    ►►Re: Our hero, our orange, our zz◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    We have a term in Forum Mafia called Angleshooting.

    Its bascially, where something isn't technically against the rules. But its still wrong.



    And thats basically what you've been doing.
    I mean, prefer and blacklist are in the game. Personally I'd remove or heavily nerf them, but they're in the game and they're extremely effective. It's not really angle shooting when people can look up your prefers and blacklists and if you use the same name every game. Saying I'm 95% of the time Town isn't really angleshooting it's just kind of an accepted fact since prefer and blacklist are too strong as it currently stands. Now if you're talkin about where I said the Jailors deserve to get punished for jailing me that's entirely true. It's no secret I don't give roles to anyone night one in Jail, so any long term player ie most of them who jailed me, would knowingly jail someone they know wouldn't give a role. Now this isn't against the rules, but many of the people who hated me knew this and still spite jailed me it's kinda funny because IMHO knowingly jailing someone you know isn't going to give you anything repeatedly, while also knowing they are likely town isn't against the rules. However it is lowkey somewhere on the gamethrow scale since your knowingly making a bad play. Like even if you hate me a lot, playing enough games with me to know jailing me night one isn't profitable but doing it anyway pretty sus.
  37. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Our hero, our orange, our zz

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:ZZorange

    Replies
    103
    Views
    3,278

    ►►Re: Our hero, our orange, our zz◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    To your personal question, yes; I am 100% an alcoholic. I do understand addiction and its cost but I would rather not outlive my body and mind. They are mine and I will do with them as I please.

    To your situation I do understand. But you should look at the greater context of your own situation.

    Maybe 3 or so years back I met this guy in a bar who was a detective and a master of neuro linguistic programming. Its one of those conversations I will never forget. He introduced a concept to me I felt was very profound. He walked me through how people focus on 1 event as the 'problem' while that single event was itself just the end of a long path.

    Consider me. In 2013 I got a DWI. It was a single event and I could point to it and say 'this one event is why I have to pay monies and do court bullshit;' while in reality, it was just the result of my lifestyle. I chose to go out and drink, then drive instead of calling a cab. I made a decision to do it far away from my home and I got away with it for wayy too long. The day I got a DWI was kinda bullshit. I worked a 16 hour shift then drove 6 hours up from south Texas, then had like 3 beers with friends in Austin on my way home to Round Rock. But I was so exhausted I fell asleep at a traffic light.
    I was not even mad about it. I knew there were too many times I had no business driving and to this day I am thankful that happened before I hurt someone being a dumbass. But that is because I looked at that situation not as a single 'event;' but rather the result of a pattern of behavior.

    In this situation I would challenge you to do the same. Sure, maybe theres a group of players who have decided to take a set against you. Thats not fair. Out of context its straight up bullying. But take a moment to reflect on how you have chosen to behave with the people around you. Consider your history and reputation and how you got there. Consider how you made them feel to get to the point where there is literally a group of regular players who want you out of the game.

    At the end of the day playing a game is about having fun with the people around you. I did all kinds of off the wall plays and such but I was always considerate to make sure the people I was playing with had fun and I was not just having fun at their expense. I think you have not been so considerate and I think you have trouble accepting your personal character flaws to the point that you would rather shift blame.

    Take my feedback or dont. But understand the reason I have spent a bit of time speaking with you is simply because I do feel like you can use this situation for personal growth and that carries well outside of this video game we are rambling about.
    Nah I have taken the feedback but if your hypothesis was correct I'd shy away from the times I've actually fucked up and was rightfully punished in the past. But I've never hid those games or denied them I've been 100% Honest about everytime I've legitimately fucked up. If the reports were A) Coming from respectable mafia players B) about offenses actually listed on this website and C) Offenses I've actually done, I wouldn't have fought them. Unfortunately the reality of the situation is that there was a witch hunt on and my days were numbered. I've definitely pissed a lot of bad mafia players off with the Honest Man gimmick, but I don't have it in me to feel shame for the things I've done to bad mafia players, never have. The good ones though, I'd take a report by them seriously if they ever came.
  38. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Our hero, our orange, our zz

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:ZZorange

    Replies
    103
    Views
    3,278

    ►►Re: Our hero, our orange, our zz◄◄

    I mean reputation plays a large part in it, as well as how you decide to play the game. If you play the game with the same name every game, people are going to remember the name and remember each single mistake you ever make even if its not a lot of the time. If you play the game using default names / random names and you fuck up rarely people aren't going to remember it as easily. Secondly if you follow the meta and do everything "proper" always claim role in jail etc... etc.... you will be reported less. If you play the game still legally but with a different playstyle or use a gimmick you'll get reported. Many of my haters are from the "Honest Man" gimmick, for instance those who understand the gimmick would know I wasn't able to tell lies and it would make the game easier for them, but for weaker players who didn't understand the gimmick they would often believe things that superior players wouldn't. Other things like choosing to not claim a role in jail (A defense mechanism due to extremely high being jailed % reactionary to outside circumstances. Finally if you manage to get a group of players that hate you, they'll constantly say how much you are a chronic game thrower, and this influences public opinion greatly. You see someone make a bad call in game, you may not be that likely to report them, but if the game is prefaced by one of their haters "X is a thrower" you might instead believe that mistake is intentional and report the player. My play style sans the gimmick and legal playstyle alterations would not be enough to get me mass reported. I know this because I don't adjust my play on alternate accounts and do not get reported, so much of it stems from reputation.

    Some of my past reports are clear evidence of this reputation playing a part as they are reports for situations that are novelties and haven't been seen on the site before.

    Directly after my last ban appeal success I was told by Altech and others in no uncertain terms "We are going to get you rebanned" no matter what I did, I would eventually make an error in game and get reported and banned it was only a matter of time unless I just never made a mistake. Now technically possible to never make a single mistake always lynch Mafias in game. But if I was that good at Mafia it wouldn't be fun to play the game so eventually i made an error and was banned, and my detractors got what they wanted.

    I think If this happened to you, you'd be able to understand what I'm saying a lot easier. All that said, drinking solo and spending time drunk posting on a forum seems like a slippery slope to alcoholism, I do enjoy a good beer but if you get to the point where you're drunk posting on a random sc2mafia forum it might be time to cool it on the sauce.
  39. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Our hero, our orange, our zz

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:ZZorange

    Replies
    103
    Views
    3,278

    ►►Re: Our hero, our orange, our zz◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    With the amount of reports you have on your name, you should agree with Helz if even just 50% of them were tbh.

    Quick reminder that you're likely the record holder for getting the most permanent bans (4), with the earliest dating back to 2013.

    But nah, it's not you it's 'them'. With the 'them' being almost everyone else. \_(ツ)_/
    With most of them accrued by the same 3-4 players. You're the outlier in that.

    If all my reports had been from seperate parties and respectable parties I would 100% agree with your opinion Ozy. The funny thing is the two reports I have that aren't from my hate group is yours and cekos where one is because I targetted ceko which has no rule against it, and you who reported me for when I got failor'd. So both non hate bloc reports we're basically innocent verdicts. If I had reports coming in from good folks who play the game clean and don't throw I'd 100% agree with your opinion, unfortunately OzyWho when they send their reporters, they're not sending their best.

    Like if I just ordered a bunch of Neo Nazis on fiver to come in and report you OzyWho I pray to god the reports wouldn't get taken seriously just because they filed a lot of them yknow?

    Also to clarify it's not "Everyone Else" there are plenty of legitimate good mafia players out there, it's not like I'm fighting against a huge Majority here, just a few people with hate boners.
  40. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Our hero, our orange, our zz

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:ZZorange

    Replies
    103
    Views
    3,278

    ►►Re: Our hero, our orange, our zz◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    If I could ask, could you clarify what you think about the mods?

    At one point you suggested they were power tripping and abusing power. Then at another you said it was a result from multiple people having personal issues with you and spam reporting you until mods took action (with the thinking that multiple reports create a situation where they need to be addressed), and then here you said they fucked up and you called them out on it.

    I kinda feel that these positions are mutually exclusive and am a bit confused as to what your point is.

    On a side note as I said before, when multiple people take issue with you, you are the common factor. Im sure some blame can be attributed to others but in my personal life when I receive the same feedback from multiple sources I try to be introspective and see if I can grow from it as a person.

    Nah those ideas aren't mutally exclusive. You can hve mods who enjoy powertripping colluding with sc2mafia players who hate you, it's fairly easy to see how they aren't things that disallow the other from existing.

    I agree with your last point that if people are telling you the same feedback maybe you did something wrong, but Helz would you think the same way if it was a group of Neo Nazis who were telling you, you need to hate blacks more? If there had been a common trend for respectable people and not people who are known for mass reporting here there would be a lot more weight to the complaints.

    Like if a chronic gamethrower accusing you of gamethrowing you're not going to take their opinion as seriously as a player who doesn't right.

    If all of my reports were from respectable humans I would 100% agree with your logic here.
  41. Replies
    73
    Views
    2,419

    ►►Re: A message to sc2mafia and staff from anti-hero ZZOrange◄◄

    Well yeah that's the only thing that makes sense. Otherwise you'd basically be admitting to seeing a random n1 execution on me and then going into the replay to try and see if you had grounds to report me, which is basically you admitting that. I made the far more logical leap of "This guy is the failor because he's the one reporting it" Not being the failor would mean you'd be even more of a hate bonering goon.

    You say in your post was that the game was ruined but wasn't even affected in any meaningful way. The fact that you were going fishing for a reason to report a guy based on reputation is pretty cringe man not gonna lie.

    Honestly you being the Failor actually gives it an honest reason, the failor would likely be mad they executed the Marshall, but you not even being the Failor, damn you forum mafia guys talk about sheeping, but digging for reasons to a report a guy because others have told you he bad man. Ozywho you've been sheeped my guy. Your report is hilariously even more joke worthy now.
  42. Replies
    73
    Views
    2,419

    ►►Re: A message to sc2mafia and staff from anti-hero ZZOrange◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Just a few thoughts:

    I don’t believe anyone can buy the domain. I won’t explain why but it’s just not a thing because this site is not hosted like a site would be if you wanted to make your own site.

    I also never understood the position of people destroying players experiences to ‘force staff to stop hurting players experiences’ I face palm every time I see some idiot pretending to have moral grounds for being an asshole.

    I have honestly never herd of a punishment system with anywhere near the checks and balances that this site has. Someone pushes a report- that person can’t be involved in the report after that. Then someone else processes the report and yet another person reviews and implements the punishment. Then it can be appealed and yet another person uninvolved up to that point handles a review of the report and punishment. That’s a crazy amount of checks to ensure no unilateral action is taken and eliminate bias.

    As for power tripping staff, I did see that at some points but I don’t think it’s been an issue for a very long time. After a while those who craved power were weeded out and those who reluctantly accepted it to preform the function of protecting the community moved up.

    At the end of the day moderation is a thankless job. When done right nobody cares and when done wrong you get crucified in a court of public opinion. There is no pay and it takes a lot of work and the ‘power’ you get does not give you much fun in the end. The ‘rules’ were created by the community and you have to accept that when players report you it’s because your behavior is hurting their experience. You also can not blame staff when it’s the community itself that’s taking issue with your behavior.

    If you would like to have a conversation on the ethics of moderation I’m game but you really should accept that when you have issues with many people you are the common factor in the situation. It’s my personal belief that game moderation should focus on ensuring an enjoyable experience for the community.
    If your definition of "the community" is Altech, Invictus and players like Ozywho who report people when they are the ones who made the mistake, then I deeply fear for your soul. Most of the common reporters here aren't the mafia community, they are players who can't win in the game so they come here to report people they hate to settle the score. That's why I'm able to refute most of the replays that come up here, because in most of them they claim I intentionally gamethrew when it's easy to see I didn't. Of course at a certain point the mods go "Well this guy got reported a bunch so the reports must be valid" Even if one of the "valid" reports is a report for something that I've never seen reported for on the site in my entire time here.

    Also "At the end of the day moderation is a thankless job. When done right nobody cares and when done wrong you get crucified in a court of public opinion. There is no pay and it takes a lot of work and the ‘power’ you get does not give you much fun in the end." Well it makes it all worth it at the end when you know the actions you took prevented the bad people from playing mafia Right... It did prevent them from playing the game right? *Anakin Stare*
  43. Replies
    73
    Views
    2,419

    ►►Re: A message to sc2mafia and staff from anti-hero ZZOrange◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I like how the fault in you lynching a confirmed bus driver out of anger somehow belongs to me personally
    To be 100% fair it was less lynching a confirmed bus driver, more lynching a whining Invictus who i forgot was bus driver because he was being an annoying Invictus. And it was Marshall so its not like I had a trial period to remember he was, it was this guy is being an annoying cunt I'm gonna lynch him. "oh heck that was the bus driver roight oh well." Honestly though lynching Invictus is usually a decent play, like Altech he's not a very competent player. This isn't from an Invictus/Altech hate standpoint even if I didn't dislike them I'd say they were poor sc2mafia players because they objectively are.
  44. Replies
    73
    Views
    2,419

    ►►Re: A message to sc2mafia and staff from anti-hero ZZOrange◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    No he's already high priest for the lynch train, one of the most blatant mod abusers in history. These belief systems are incompatible!
    I think the one thing that'll stick with me is the irony of the Invictus report. The old Honest Man in that game would have lynched the 3 defaults I had planned to lynch without a second thought and resulted in a 2/3 mass lynch. The irony being that the only reason I got reported in the end is that I got triggered by Invictus for saying I was just lynching defaults again, when I was making a conscious effort to follow the appeal rules and not persecute them for their names and got annoyed he was suggesting that and lynched him out of anger. Had I been that not give a fuck real Honest Man the report would never have happened. The truth that I should have realized earlier was that the reports wouldn't stop because as long as one side of the report equation feels robbed the reports won't end and eventually one report will be taken seriously especially with mods biased against the defender, and I don't blame you for being biased. It's hard to be objective when dealing with people you hate. Like I call you bad people because it's cathartic when in reality you could very well be good people, maybe you're using the good feelings you get when banning people to cope with stresses of the real world, maybe when you're not banning people you're working as a nurse helping to save lives, there's no way for me to know why people are badminning I can only assume.

    I could be right I could be wrong, I only assume I'm right because I've been no indicators that what I believe is wrong. The only person who knows the truth of why you enjoy banning people is you I guess. I'm just going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume the powertripping has a purpose and that you aren't just an objectively bad person.
  45. Replies
    73
    Views
    2,419

    ►►Re: A message to sc2mafia and staff from anti-hero ZZOrange◄◄

    Honestly Forum Mafia is kinda based in its own right I don't really hold it against them for being elitist as they don't really get new players but they have their own form of default lynching "policy lynch" IE not playing exactly how they play the game to a T and I'm not gonna lie I respect the hustle. To make it even better "Policy Lynching" is nearly commonplace and a legitimized tactic. Doing what they do in FM would probably get them banned in the mod but they've managed to get it to become practically acceptable behaviour. Big respect to the FM boys for pulling that off.
  46. Replies
    73
    Views
    2,419

    ►►Re: A message to sc2mafia and staff from anti-hero ZZOrange◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    What I got out of that is you finally decided to stop your "gimmick" of obsessively hunting default names even if they are objectively poor targets or even proven to be your teammates. Sounds like a success story to me
    Nice actual lying. Trying to warp the narrative is some good stuff, but you and I both know the truth.

    I only ever lynched unconfirmed default names and you know that. I have not one lynched a confirmed town default name but you know that already but don't care because it doesn't suit your narrative. Wow a shocker imagine a terrible human lying to cover their narrative because someone called out the real reason they volunteer to do something is because they enjoy banning people and are a bad person. Noice.

    **AAMirus scrambles through past forum posts looking for proof to find one of their own posts but then realizes said post they made was based on false information**
  47. Replies
    73
    Views
    2,419

    ►►Re: A message to sc2mafia and staff from anti-hero ZZOrange◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Just a random thought, but if you're not throwing games anymore on your smurf account, maybe the punishment system did its job?
    That assumes one false thing though that I intentionally threw games to begin with, for if I was an intentional thrower who threw games on purpose and I cared more about throwing games than actually playing them, I would continue to throw games on my alt accounts.

    The truth of the matter though is that the only thing that changed is that people don't know it's ZZorange so they don't file a report because they hate that guy.

    The hard truth is, is I haven't intentionally thrown in all of the games I have been reported save for 1. Because I don't enjoy intentionally throwing the game. You can look at any of my reports looking for concrete proof that I was trying to lose the game for my team and you'll find none because none exists.


    If I was the chronic thrower you believe I am, I would throw games repeatedly to spite you and while I have obviously mentioned the thought had crossed my mind the truth is the only people who would suffer would be the mostly innocent people who play Mafia regularly the mods who doled out the injustice aren't effected lol and even if they happened to be playing there's still 13 other people that would suffer because of what one bad person did? That just ain't worth it.

    I play sc2mafia and that's about it, always has been. You guys decided to ban me over a gimmick account under the false pretense of throwing but I didn't throw games and I can enjoy playing sc2mafia without using a gimmick.

    The only people you will ever "teach a lesson" to by banning are the casual players who don't know/ don't want to go through the effort to make a new account to play a game they hadn't even liked that much yet. Any true mafia fan will just continue to play and if they're throwers they'll throw, if they're rascists they'll be rascists. You know that's the truth of the matter, you've seen it.

    You've been around long enough to know the truth that I'm saying to you right now, you've seen the Pedo alts, the Rascism alts you know how much your bans have done but you stay because locking threads and taking the "moral high ground" get you hard.

    It's not some big conspiracy it's the easily observable truth. Ridicule, satire post, do whatever you want about me but anyone looking from the outside will probably be able to see the valid points Im making and always have made.
  48. Replies
    73
    Views
    2,419

    ►►Re: A message to sc2mafia and staff from anti-hero ZZOrange◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Man yeh. How about someone goes around shitting on them when they try and do their job? Maybe that will help motivation.
    That's not the same and you know it lol. You can't compare real jobs to volunteer ones people decide to choose for a variety of reasons and I can shit on people who decide to choose a volunteer job because it helps them feel more in control in a life they feel they have no control over, by letting them powertrip on people and ban them.

    I don't feel bad hating on people who are objectively bad human beings. They chose to be that, and they can just as easily choose not to be it too.
  49. Replies
    73
    Views
    2,419

    ►►Re: A message to sc2mafia and staff from anti-hero ZZOrange◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    You’re so blinded by your belief that mods are only here to powertrip others is making you sound quite dumb right now.
    It's not a belief it's the truth because they have zero motivation to do anything properly and if people aren't motivated to do things properly they often won't.

    If mods aren't here because they enjoy busting nuts banning people and locking threads, then why are they here. Can you answer that one Unknown?
  50. Replies
    73
    Views
    2,419

    ►►Re: A message to sc2mafia and staff from anti-hero ZZOrange◄◄

    Provide a counter argument instead of just satire posting or you just kinda look like a goon.
Results 1 to 50 of 187
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4