Search Results - SC2 Mafia
Register

Search:

Type: Posts; User: RufusPL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 0.00 seconds.

  1. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:setup selection in lobby

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    3
    Views
    35

    [Other Change] ►►Re: setup selection in lobby◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Bruh...
    The first 8331 was created by Distorted, as the community got better and 933 got noticeably more and more town favored.
    8331 back then did indeed feel more balanced, it was no longer the "get town get win" game that it was - it felt like an improvement.
    Though he for that setup took weeks or months tweeking it nonstop back then, unlike the 8331s that are around now.

    At one point Mafia on EU revived after being dead, but it was full of new players, I remember deliberately going back to 933 because of it. Though, tbh, even 10-3-2 still wouldn't be town favored then.

    All I'm saying is, I don't agree with your dogmatic sounding opinion towards the 9-3-3 vs 8-3-3-1 fiasco.
    I don't entirely disagree that 834 can be made balanced over 933. I disagree that 8331 can be made ever balanced with any random which can be either another town or neutral evil and neutral evils are some of the most powerful roles in the game. I would rather play 834 where i know what i'm up against than hoping we rolled a town role instead of another evil. Neutral random is already very imbalanced with the massive difference between Killing/Evil/Benign.
  2. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:setup selection in lobby

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    3
    Views
    35

    [Other Change] ►►Re: setup selection in lobby◄◄

    The problem is default setups and especially some of the chaos ones are just bad. Some roles are scuffed while others are set OP for no reason. Bonker completely breaks any balance. Also knowing this community great setup making skills they would pick 8331 for a default setup over 933 or even 834 which is extremely imbalanced if any random rolls neut evil or hostile benign. Terrible setups have been a bane of this game for years and getting to use my own setups is the only way left in which i can still enjoy this game.
  3. [New Mechanic] ►►Re: Constable should be able to stop a -court if he one-shots the Judge◄◄

    The question rather would be should the Judge court stop if he manages to die in any way before it's fully resolved (DF shot, Constable shot, Marshall lynch, Arso burn), i don't see a reason to make a Constable only mechanic when it's already a strong role.
  4. Forum:Mafia 2.0 Public Test

    Thread:Street Racer

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    18
    Views
    292

    ►►Re: Street Racer◄◄

    The problem is that instead of Street Racer u could have other more powerful role in that slot with more impact on the game instead. Even if we just look at town support roles getting an Escort instead of him is a lot more valuable and can prevent a lot more town deaths if GF dies/isn't rb immune. Getting Party Host can mean getting a relatively easly confirmable town role. I would argue that even Oracle is better at luring mafia/neut killers to it so it can reveal a confirmed player. Meanwhile SR even if he manages to waste 1 mafia kill he can still lead to a wasted lynch later on because it's really hard to confirm the claim especially with 2 uses only.

    People don't hate Doctors, sure Citizen is not liked because nobody wants to play a role without an ability and it can't really be used with random slots (especially that it's a gov slot), it would need to be predetermined which is generally avoided in SC2 mafia. But people still put Doctors possible in every setup, players just don't like to play protectives in general unless it's a BD but i would treat it more like a power than a protective. Protectives just have a pretty low skill ceiling and don't really leave much room to do anything differently than sitting on a confirmed role since d2/d3. Doctor is still way better role than Bodyguard and in most cases better than Armorsmith also.

    The problem SC2 mafia has is the relatively easy accessibility and the fact it's not in person. Half of the time u need to ask urself if the person is acting that way because he is a scum or because he has no clue what he is doing. Other times u need to ask urself if he isn't afk. And u can't read any physical tells like u would be able to do in person. U need to be a Mafia nerd already to sign to something like forum Mafia so u can expect players who play it know their stuff and very long day/night times pretty much exclude being afk. That leads to very often not being able to determine anything based on just behaviour in SC2 mafia so we gravitate towards actual information from roles rather than that.
  5. Replies
    1
    Views
    133

    ►►Re: OFFICIAL 2.0 Setup of the Day Submission Thread!◄◄

    Role List

    1. Godfather
    2. Coroner
    3. Town Protective
    4. Town Random
    5. Town Investigative
    6. Town Killing
    7. Mafia Random
    8. Town Support
    9. Neutral Evil
    10. Town Investigative
    11. Mafia Random
    12. Town Protective
    13. Neutral Killing
    14. Neutral Benign
    15. Town Random


    Minimum Player Count

    Minimum player count 7


    Non-default Options
    (i wrote them based on default options under "custom" so i hope it's correct)

    Neutral Evil: Exclude Cult
    Neutral Evil: Exclude Killing
    Town Killing: Exclude Bodyguard
    Town Random: Exclude Government
    Lookout: Ignores detection immunity
    Escort: Cannot be roleblocked
    Jailor: Can make 2 executions
    Vigilante: Limited to 3 kills
    Spy: Can see all Mafia/Triad targets
    Bus Driver: Can target self
    Veteran: Limited to 3 nights
    Veteran: Ignores invulnerability
    Party Host: 2 parties allowed
    Enchantress: Knows if Repel Target Visited
    Enchantress: Repel Target will self-target if visiting
    Enchantress: 4 Spells Allowed
    Armorsmith: 4 vests allowed
    Consigliere: Detects exact role
    Disguiser: Cleans the target's role
    Consort: Cannot be role-blocked
    Consort: Detects block-immune target
    Janitor: Limited to 3 cleanings
    Kidnapper: Can kidnap Mafia members
    Kidnapper: Unblockable kill
    Agent: 1 night between shadowings OFF
    Beguiler: Can hide 4 times
    Beguiler: Can hide behind Mafia
    Actress: Learns target role
    Serial Killer: Kills roleblockers
    Arsonist: Ignition always kills
    Arsonist: Victim knows he is doused OFF
    Arsonist: Douses roleblockers
    Arsonist: Single Ignition During Day
    Mass Murderer: 1 night between sprees OFF
    Witch: Victim knows he is controlled OFF
    Auditor: Immunity prevents conversion OFF
    Auditor: Limited to 3 conversions OFF
    Judge: 2 court calls allowed
    Judge: 1 day between court calls
    Judge: Court vote counts for 2
    Survivor: Has 4 bulletproof vests
    Executioner: Target is always town OFF
    Poisoner: Target knows they are poisoned OFF


    Time Setup

    Day Length: 2.0min
    Night Length: 0.8min
    Discussion Time: 0.5min
    Trial Length: 0.8min

    Day Type: Trial
    Start Game: Day/No Lynch
    Night Sequence

    Last Will Enabled
    PM Allowed
    Discussion Enabled
    Trial Pauses Day Enabled
    Trial Defense Enabled
    Choose Names Enabled


    Summary of Setup

    Name: Coroner's Vengeance

    A Vanilla 9-3-3 setup but with a twist of Coroner being a town center piece instead of Town Government so the game doesn't end up with 1 Mayor/Marshall/Constable solving a solo puzzle game with whispers every match. Coroner in the right hands and in a right circumstances can be the most useful out of the Investigative roles but the community still looks down on it for no reason. Town roles are generally weighted towards Investigative/Protective roles, Mafia towards Investigative/Deceptive roles and Killers towards Arsonist and Poisoner to hopefully slow the game down. It's more about getting the right lynches and getting information from trials instead of killers killing half the lobby by Day 3. Individual roles have pretty strong setups but still toned down to be balanced wherever necessary. Slots have a decent amount of variance still to leave the claims open as much as possible to avoid role counting. A good all-round setup for all the roles to have fun apart from Government and Cult because it's just too disruptive to the game.


    Setup Code

    Save 1
    Author:
    Save Name:
    str1: 1211001111 11 111111 1000 0 10 0010 0 11 1 1111 111 1011 010 100 1 11 011 0 1001 0 0 1 1 10101 01 1 0 0 1 1 0 11111 111 011 10 1001 10 11 111 100 10101 10011 1 0 1
    str3: 1.96 0.79 0.50 0.80
    str4: 1100 0001 1 101 111011 100 1000 1100 11000 1000 11000 111001 0 0001 01000 0 11011 010000 0 110110 00000 0000 0010 00000 00000 000000 000000 0000 11000 00000 0 100000 000000 00000 1001 10000
    str5: 0 11111 111 011 10 1001 10 11 111 100 10101 10011 1 1 0
    str2: 1 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 2 4 4 4 4 4
    str0: 10 5 5 6 6 7 20 2 2 2 3 3 12 13 14
    str6: 0 2.015 2.9836 3.0178 1.972 2.0432 1.5 5.9848 1.981 2.0446 3.006 7.9943 2.044 0.5 2.9902 1.9538 1.9648 0 5.9846 0 1.493 1.4726 1.9936 5.9807 2.9841 4.0087 2.9897 4.0087 3.9638 3.9638 0 0 2.4821 2.9943 2.955 2.009 2.0488 1.0244 1.0202 3.0336 2.4782 2.4821 0.9848 2.951 0
    str7: 1.9992 4.0087 3.9638 3.9638 4.0087 4.0087 4.0087 0 2.0053 0 3.9638 4.0146 0 3.9794 0 3.9794
    str8: 0 0 2.4716 2.9785 3.0234 2.033 2.5114 1.0141 1.0478 2.9506 2.5173 2.4816 0.9846 0 0
  6. Forum:Mafia 2.0 Public Test

    Thread:Street Racer

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    18
    Views
    292

    ►►Re: Street Racer◄◄

    Well Street Racer is a bit too passive role for the meta but the first problem right now is the limited uses of the ability. We need options for 3 and 4 uses to let him actually use the ability and see if it's any good then.

    Enchantress is just like Witch, u are either completely useless, u can even be a detriment to ur allies or u completely control and carry the game. It really depends on the roles in the game and what u hit with the ability so it's hard to balance.
  7. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Clever Plays?

    Thread Author:Glowbug

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    8
    Views
    211

    ►►Re: Clever Plays?◄◄

    Well definitely first rule of this game is try to think for urself as much as possible. Most of the time u either can't trust other people or u can't trust they know what they are talking about. From the description it doesn't sound like executing triad was the worst move, but definitely should have prepared the jailed ur DH n1 claim because it would probably win u the game depending on other confirmed roles.
  8. Forum:Mafia 2.0 Public Test

    Thread:Poisoner 3 day delay

    Thread Author:Renegade

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    15
    Views
    273

    [Miscellaneous Feedback] ►►Re: Poisoner 3 day delay◄◄

    The delayed kill is already a big deal and makes it harder to decrease triad votes endgame. Also it decreases amount of kills overall because ur victims can be easier killed by other means (other killings roles, lynch) before ur poison works. And it's not really that much harder to detect if u are paying attention. Not having night immunity on neut killer makes it really hard to beat triad, most of the time Poisoner will just exist to help Triad win. I would pick Serial Killer over any other NK any day.
  9. Replies
    0
    Views
    117

    [Mechanics] ►►Jailor able to jail Informant's original body◄◄

    Jailor is currently able to click on the jail button next to the original informant spot and the button next to the informant's target (current informant) is not there. Possibly he can do it through typing jail also but not tested. It let's Jailor easily determine who currently informant is.

    Informant (3) killed n1, Jailor (Jeremiah) d2 was able to click the button next to where 3 used to be and it told him he is going to jail 2 who is currently Informant. There was no button to jail at all next to 2.

    Name: -Mafia- (4736).SC2Replay
Views: 0
Size: 271.1 KB
  10. Forum:Mafia 2.0 Public Test

    Thread:Poisoner 3 day delay

    Thread Author:Renegade

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    15
    Views
    273

    [Miscellaneous Feedback] ►►Re: Poisoner 3 day delay◄◄

    I think Poisoner should have a NI option available but otherwise he is fine. MM is still the weakest of killers. Most of the time u just help mafia win by killing towns and not being able to kill them in the endgame. On the topic of killers i think the new Arson option is nice because it makes him more flexible but for some reason it's grayed out and i can't use it in my setup.
  11. [Mechanics] ►►Impossible role spawns, bugged party chat and Spy not seeing triad visits◄◄

    I don't even know what happend that game, never seen anything like it. 5 triad roles spawned from 3 possible triad slots, 2 neut killers from 1 NK slot and 2 neut benigns from 1 NB slot. N2 instead of party chat (while silenced) the game displayed to me results of the last voting one by one instead of actual chat lines.

    Name: -Mafia- (4715).SC2Replay
Views: 0
Size: 304.4 KB


    I will also add second game since it happend soon after. 2 Spies despite can see triad visits option on couldn't see Forgers visiting, they could only see DH kills.

    Name: -Mafia- (4718).SC2Replay
Views: 0
Size: 360.8 KB
  12. Replies
    3
    Views
    110

    [Misc. Suggestion] ►►Re: Oracles that die during the middle of the day◄◄

    Oracle is already one of the easiest claims to make, i don't see a reason to encourage it.
  13. Replies
    5
    Views
    203

    [Role Change] ►►Re: Lover/Swinger/Heartbreaker are underwhelming◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    Lover is a difficult role but I don't see why that's a bad thing. Some players find that as a rewarding experience and the existence of the role in a game can have a huge impact on it.

    Likewise, I think you underestimate how strong Swinger/HB can be. The hostage effect of forcing a player to love you can benefit the Swinger/HB significantly. And if you don't like the idea of pretending to be a Lover, you can always claim that your target instead loved you. Then you could just fakeclaim something like Oracle, SR, Survivor or whatever else is convenient.
    An average town will just lynch/kill u both if u CC eachother that's how this game works. Let's say that u managed to get gov in love and he knows u are swinger but doesn't want to kill u yet. U are still useless. U can't vote because ur vote pattern will be used against ur team, u can't affect the game in any meaningfull way because whatever u say is treated as worthless or used against ur team. Also one thing i forgot to mention, if ur taget dies in any way and leaves lw (Jailor, Veteran, Vigilante, NK, Witch, BG) u are done. Not only u just got exposed as a proven swinger/heartbreaker they also know for that one day u don't have any target active so they can just lynch u.
  14. Replies
    5
    Views
    203

    [Role Change] ►►Lover/Swinger/Heartbreaker are underwhelming◄◄

    There is almost no benefit in being Lover over Survivor/Amnesiac. You not only need to survive yourself without vests but you also need to keep the other person alive. You aren't even confirmed role if you love town because you can still be Heartbreaker/Swinger. I feel like Lover needs either night immunity for himself so he can survive most attacks so he dies if his loved target is killed, or him dying shouldn't kill his loved target and lover wins as long as his target stays alive till the end (reverse exe).

    Swinger/Heartbreaker are also not only borderline useless their ability is a hinderence. It forces you into a lover claim which can be easly countered by other neut benign claims or neutrals dying. You have almost no control over what role you are going to love because you are forced to use the ability n1 and can't change the target. And if you manage to avoid being caught in the first place your ability is just bad. Trading a triad vote for even a gov isn't a good trade, and in most cases certainly won't be for any other town role. While also not providing any passive benefit to the triad while you are alive. Meanwhile you could be something like Double Flower who can just straight up kill anyone he wants whenever he wants anonymously without dying himself and gets a second shot if the game is long.
    At the very least their target shouldn't know who loved them (at least with current version of the role) and they should be able to pick/change their target any night they want. This way they would ensure getting a right role killed with them and wouldn't be straight up revealed d2. I still don't see much benefit in having it over other killing roles like DF/Interro/Informant so they could probably use some passive ability aswell (detection immunity/show up as lover in graveyard/learn target role etc.).
  15. Replies
    1
    Views
    71

    {Resolved} ►►Escort RBed GF despite RB immunity being on◄◄

    So n3 GF (7, NameDoesntFi) went to attack Escort (13, Vespa) and the Escort went to roleblock GF but for some reason GF got roleblocked despite RB immunity being on. No other roles present who could have a potential influence on the actions.

    Name: -Mafia- (4672).SC2Replay
Views: 0
Size: 412.3 KB
  16. Replies
    21
    Views
    468

    [Mechanics / Gameplay] ►►Re: Petition : Restore Option for Executioner Night Immunity◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    fair, but do u agree that NI + does not need to survive til end + target is not always town = way too powerful role that needs some kind of nerf?
    I mean Judge with 4 votes, 2 courts; Marshall with 4 executions, 2 lynches; Investigator with exact role detection on are also OP roles yet those options are there.
  17. Replies
    1
    Views
    114

    ►►Judge 1 day between courts option doesn't work◄◄

    Like the title says Judge can court 2 days in a row with the 1 day between courts option turned on.

    Name: -Mafia- (4676).SC2Replay
Views: 0
Size: 253.8 KB
  18. Replies
    2
    Views
    254

    [New Role] ►►Re: New Role Idea: Neutral Jester◄◄

    People who abstain on almost every vote shouldn't be allowed to play this game. If u are town it's just stupid and if u are non town it's one of the most suspicious things.
  19. Replies
    21
    Views
    468

    [Mechanics / Gameplay] ►►Re: Petition : Restore Option for Executioner Night Immunity◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMostache View Post
    A lot of failors and gglantes are too much of cheapskates to use their shots on neutrals. You can still troll as NK the whole game and they won't exe/shoot you.
    They are usually too busy killing random people since n1/n2.
  20. Replies
    3
    Views
    120

    {Not a Bug} ►►Re: Survivor doesn't lose vests on role change◄◄

    Well if we were to stick to how it worked previously there should be a difference between Armorer vest and Survivor/Citizen vest. Armorer vest should be an item that stays always until use while the other ones should be an ability tied to the role. Like i don't think Cult should get a free vest because they converted a Citizen.
  21. Replies
    21
    Views
    468

    [Mechanics / Gameplay] ►►Re: Petition : Restore Option for Executioner Night Immunity◄◄

    Well u can still claim Survivor, in most saves it will be the same slot and same chance.
  22. Replies
    3
    Views
    120

    {Not a Bug} ►►Survivor doesn't lose vests on role change◄◄

    So i got audited n2 as Survivor and was able to use my vests n3 and n4 as Scumbag (total count 4). I don't think that's how it is supposed to work.

    Name: -Mafia- (4662).SC2Replay
Views: 0
Size: 310.7 KB
  23. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:Remove JUDGE night chat?

    Thread Author:Arrow

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    27
    Views
    679

    [Role Change] ►►Re: Remove JUDGE night chat?◄◄

    Auditor and Witch have some investigating capabilities so they often find at least 1 triad/mafia to start communication or narrow down the potential triad/mafia members massively. Judge has none of that so he kinda needs the chat to communicate. Also i don't really like the idea of silent Judge in general which a lot of people practice just to catch that unlucky Marshall who got Judge alongside him and called lynch (Mayor can just outvote judge anyway unless the setup favors Judge). I don't agree narrowing numbers for possible Judge by half is that helpful to town, only Investigator could bother using that info but that's about it. Other town roles are more efficient at looking for triad/neut killer than evil. And i still don't think Crier having night chat is useful for anything apart from cult saves where it already can be decently used to confirm he isn't culted. I already said it like 2 years ago but meta is just too fast to use night chat as Crier, if u will wait for the night to try to get some reason into those smooth town brains it's most likely too late and they already lynched the wrong person. Also there is only so much leading u can do without hampering the town, u don't want to give evils too accurate info by sending people to exact numbers in public chat, there is a lot of ways it can be used against town later on. Crier needs anonymous day chat otherwise it will be always underwhelming unless usual setups change. Especially with 8331/834 saves town can lose majority easly by Day 4 already without even a single lynch.
  24. Forum:Mafia Bug Reports

    Thread:Constable higher chance to appear

    Thread Author:RufusPL

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    0
    Views
    145

    [Setup] ►►Constable higher chance to appear◄◄

    For some reason Constable has a lot higher chance to appear in town gov slot than other govs when set the same.
  25. Forum:News

    Thread:1/1/2021: Mafia 2.0 Released!

    Thread Author:Arrow

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    8
    Views
    636

    ►►Re: 1/1/2021: Mafia 2.0 Released!◄◄

    Escort and Spy changes are great but i wish Crier got the same treatment. Changing it to support or power would go a long way to make it usable because in gov slot it's just too weak outside of Cult setups.
  26. ►►Re: Remove -prefer -blacklist, mafia2 vest hogging up all the "fun" roles◄◄

    Well for all i care they could make prefer and blacklist available to everyone, points are pretty much meaningless anyway.
  27. ►►Re: Remove -prefer -blacklist, mafia2 vest hogging up all the "fun" roles◄◄

    Playing Mafia/Triad and Neut Killers is not fun in public lobbies. Most of the time u will be randomly found by some invest early on and everyone will believe them for no reason or even just randomly lynched because people have no clue how to play this game.
  28. ►►Re: Remove -prefer -blacklist, mafia2 vest hogging up all the "fun" roles◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    This is a mentality problem, assuming that because they have colored names they are automatically a preferred vet. What if they're DH or GF? I get players don't like visiting colored names N1 because of the fear of death by combat, but if they're something else it could be important to see them.

    Salt ship if i'm remembering right was recently removed from the game. If anything I'd concur with nerfing blacklist, as that is the more powerful of the two functions by maybe limiting it to 7 roles.
    Visiting colored names n1 is just asking for getting MM/Forger/Vanguard/Lookout/Doctor/Bodyguard on the same target. It's not worth the risk.
  29. ►►Re: Remove -prefer -blacklist, mafia2 vest hogging up all the "fun" roles◄◄

    I don't care about targetting specific roles but i do use prefer to target a faction. I prefer playing town over "evil" roles, the only ones i tolerate are neut evils and benigns because they can't be detected by most invests. So i usually just prefer 15 roles, mostly town and maybe a few neut evils/benigns. So even if u got rid of prefering exact roles it would be nice if we could prefer at least a whole faction or roles like Town Prot, Town Invest, Triad Support, Neut Evil etc. Extending blacklist could also be an option because right now it's too small to rely on especially that triad/mafia roles count as 2.
  30. Replies
    9
    Views
    1,405

    Poll: ►►Re: Bodyguard dies if protecting against a neutral killer◄◄

    It depends who is this protecting role. If it's bad to average player it's probably better to have him as BG although he can still do something stupid like protecting evil role from Vigi, that could lose the entire game. If it's good player though u probably want him to be a Doc just so he can live longer to provide his knowledge of gameplay and keep analysing behaviours during the day. Good player can win the game just by looking at what's happening during the day he doesn't need to use any ability. And u really don't want to have only clueless townies left in the endgame. That's basically the reason i will have doctor on my prefer list and very rarely i will put BG there. I can very often catch a killer as BG in first 2 nights but all it does is putting me on graveyard, i can't help town win from there.
  31. Replies
    20
    Views
    8,216

    ►►Re: Democracy, illiteracy, and manipulation◄◄

    Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth was called "Rzeczpospolita" which is taken from Res Publica which literally means Republic. The system used back then is often called Nobles Democracy but there was a lot more Nobles in the Commonwealth than in the Western countries, somewhere around 10-20% of the population i think. Nobles were voting for the King and they were deciding most things about the country, the King's power was very limited. This lasted till XVIII century when absolute monarchies partitioned Commonwealth. When Poland was revived in 1918 it used standard democratic system. About the media, it is a weird relationship. Aside from National TV which will obviously be pro-government since they control it, the private TVs don't support a single politician or a party. They support the establishment as a whole. There is no direct tie between them and politicians. Actually there are more ties to the other countries like Germany or USA. Poles often blame Germans for controlling our elections through paper media because most of the paper media is owned by German corporations. TVN, one of the biggest two private TV stations is owned by Americans i think, the other one, Polsat i think is actually owned by a Pole. And of those two stations, the TVN is accused of most of the manipulations, while Polsat is usually seen as more fair one. What i mean is that on paper i think you can't find many differences between Polish democracy and other Western democracies. It's really complicated and it's hard for me to explain everything, especially in English. It all goes down to that people are either stupid or don't care. Polish elections attendance is usually around 50%, elections to EU Parliament usually had 25% attendance, only last year it increased. Any democracy won't work here, if u tried to implement a direct democracy here it would most likely be a disaster. It's not only because of Soviets. It's also because of partitions which pushed many intelligent people to migrate to countries like France and then Hitler's occupation which killed many intelligent Poles and Polish Jews. About that Oligarchy thing, i'm not sure how other Eastern countries see themselfs, but most of the Poles believe in democracy, they feel they belong to Western Europe and like i said Polish system is mostly influenced by the West while countries like Ukraine or Byelorussia are a lot more influenced by Russia. Maybe Polish system in practice has some similiarities to Eastern Countries but it's definitely not the same.
  32. Replies
    20
    Views
    8,216

    ►►Re: Democracy, illiteracy, and manipulation◄◄

    You can't really call Poland not a democracy, it's definitely not typical eastern oligarchy. Poland has really long democratic history dating back to XV/XVI century. The problem doesn't lie here in Russian influence, everyone hates Russia and old PRL regime. Poland is mostly based on Western countries. Actually you could call it more democratic than countries like US or France since they have more of a presidential system, in Poland President can't do much.
  33. Replies
    20
    Views
    8,216

    ►►Re: Democracy, illiteracy, and manipulation◄◄

    The media didn't like Donald Trump that's true, but the media was still transmitting his speeches because people wanted to see them and this is profit for TV stations. Here in Poland if someone isn't accepted by establishment he will not be even mentioned anywhere in media outside of internet. We have only 3 TV stations that are big enough to count, one is national Polish TV run by government so it's always pushing the current rulling party agenda and other 2 are private but they still have ties with politicians so they support current establishment, you can't say politicians own them but they are obviously tied in some way. To transmit anything you need to have license from the government so you could say they control TV. And since our society either doesn't care about politics at all or is too old and too devoted to the parties they are voting for for years the TV has a very big influence over elections. So since 90s we have same 4 political parties in the parliament with same people only changing parties names. Currently it is PiS (Law and Justice), the rulling party with high chances of keeping their dominance in upcoming elections, they are very conservative in terms of religion and LGBT rights but their economic agenda is straight from 1930s Poland, they want to nationalise some economic branches like banking and are giving money left and right basically buying votes. The second one is PO (Citizen's Platform) which would be polish version of Democrats but more conservative since Polish society is more conservative than the Western ones, for example they will say that LGBT rights are important for them but in 8 years of rulling they did nothing about changing them. And 2 which are a lot smaller than they were 20 years ago are SLD (Alliance of Democratic Left) which is typical leftist party and PSL (Polish People Party) which is a centrist party focused on farmers and they have a lot of power in local power structures like Cities councils and such. So there is literally no one in Polish parliament who will oppose increasing taxes and increasing regulations. After 30 years it seems like the SLD which is described as the most leftist party was actually the most sober and capitalistic of them all. No matter how many "Polish Watergate" scandals there are it only leads to few weeks of outrage and then coming back to normal. People also don't understand what they vote for, they literally only look on few campaign lines right before elections. For example PO 12 years ago said they will decrease taxes so people voted for them but they didn't decrease a single tax in 8 years, 4 years ago they said they are against PiS social programs and 2 years ago they changed their mind and said they will keep them. But their voters didn't seem to notice, many of them still think they are voting against increasing taxes and state social programs like 500+ (500 PLN monthly for every child the family raises). Basically 2 biggest political parties in Poland which are getting like 80% of total votes every election are barely different from eachother but fighting between those parties and their voters sometimes seems like it's civil war, but they don't even know over what.
  34. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:Identity Switcher

    Thread Author:Voss

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    10
    Views
    1,810

    [New Role] ►►Re: Identity Switcher◄◄

    I don't know it seems OP and it doesn't fit SC2 Mafia in my opinion. In SC2 Mafia chat is very limited so it's hard to determine anything based only on chatting and this role denies any information town had, even if it wasn't actually used, the possibility that it was used already makes it impossible for town to determine anything. If Disguiser is used Town is atleast notified about that. IRL Mafia or Forum Mafia is based mostly on chatting, since u have a lot of time to read your opponents, in SC2 Mafia there is no time for that so most things are determined by either actual informations or votes and just the existence of this role would mess things up too much.
  35. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:Crier

    Thread Author:BlackholeX

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    25
    Views
    22,517

    [Role Change] ►►Re: Crier◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    1. Imagine if a Witch or an Auditor could indirectly speak with the Mafia -- should they be able to? Why or why not? Other Neutral Evils are at the mercy of being killed each night with little to no way of defending themselves and yet we're okay with a role in the same category being grossly stronger by comparison.
    The thing is if pms are on then Witch and Auditor usually can easly contact with Mafia. Especially Auditor has easy time doing that, Witch is more tricky but she can then control GF every night if she finds him.
  36. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:Crier

    Thread Author:BlackholeX

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    25
    Views
    22,517

    [Role Change] ►►Re: Crier◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Grakylan View Post
    ah yes i want to be earraped at day

    why?
    Because this gives Crier actual ability to lead the town like i said in the previous thread. He can stay hidden but still tell town who should they trial for example or how should they vote in his opionion. You can't do that in night chat since you can't react to developing situation if you can only talk at night.
  37. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:[Vigilante] Fun in the Sun

    Thread Author:Frinckles

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    12
    Views
    1,576

    [Role Change] ►►Re: [Vigilante] Fun in the Sun◄◄

    I just don't think that any roles should be given ability to kill during the day, judge is already annoying enough. What's the point of roles like Beguiler, Witch, BD or sometimes even Jailor and Kidnapper if they can just be killed during the day because they can't use their ability then. It would make Vigilante too strong for no reason really, and like renegade said it would also make claiming Vigilante harder. Vigilante is good claim for Disguiser if he wants to disguise next night and if someone confirmed found trespassing and murder on you, you have to claim Vigilante since this is only possibility in this case. And overall i just feel that day should be focused on chat and trials not on using abilities apart from few governing roles.
  38. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:Crier

    Thread Author:BlackholeX

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    25
    Views
    22,517

    [Role Change] ►►Re: Crier◄◄

    There was a discussion about that like a month ago in this section "Crier vs Judge" i think so you can look it up.
  39. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:[Vigilante] Fun in the Sun

    Thread Author:Frinckles

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    12
    Views
    1,576

    [Role Change] ►►Re: [Vigilante] Fun in the Sun◄◄

    I have shot so many dumb townies who just played like total scums (govs mostly) that killing me also in return is retarded. Especially that sometimes Vigilante has to shoot blindly if town is passive and won't trial anyone.

    If any role should commit suicide after killing a townie it would be Jailor (i'm still not a great fan of that mechanic), since Jailor has other abilities than to kill so he doesn't need to kill his target always and most importantly he gathers info on his victim before he deciedes to kill, so he has a lot more to work with to determine if it's townie or not than Vigilante.

    Kills during the day are also really not needed for anything.

    On the night immunity thing, i really have no problem with benigns being night immune but i have a problem with Mafia/Triad. Everytime i see that someone put a Consigliere/Administrator replacing GF/DH option on i want to shoot myself. Consigliere is already very powerfull role if it can detect exact role (which it does 95% of the time lately), we don't really need a second GF also. And i would really like to see an option that turns GF/DH to Mafioso/Enforcer if they are last team member alive. Early-mid game we need GF/DH with immunity to rb, kill and detection, but we really don't need that late game when we already killed rest of the triad but we can't find GF/DH because all roles we have are sheriffs. If Mafia/Triad is down to one member it means they fucked up already.
  40. Replies
    16
    Views
    1,896

    [New Role] ►►Re: Role Suggestion: Witness Protector/Operative◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Grakylan View Post
    >load 933/8331
    >nk is mm or arso
    >only one nk possible
    >operative spawns in
    >randomly in middle of game, the confirmed lookout dies
    >p o s t m o r t e m s t a b w o u n d s

    need to make it more flexible. it has to change to MM or arso if those roles are the only possible neutral killing roles in the save.
    It still won't work, maybe with arson but with MM and SK it would be easy to notice if it is fake or not
  41. Replies
    16
    Views
    1,896

    [New Role] ►►Re: Role Suggestion: Witness Protector/Operative◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    I think using Serial Killer is probably fine. Only one person knows that the kill is faked, rather than a team of people.
    If real Serial Killer also killed that night (which will happen almost always if he is still alive) then everyone will know one of it is fake.
  42. Replies
    16
    Views
    1,896

    [New Role] ►►Re: Role Suggestion: Witness Protector/Operative◄◄

    I see 2 problems, firstly taking votes away from town can be really problematic taking in consideration how fast sc2 mafia games are and how dispersed playerbase in terms of skill and game knowledge. You usually have only few people who understand this game per lobby so if you take out their ability to influence rest of the town by voting and speaking it will probably go really bad for town very fast. And second problem lies in actually disguising that death in a way it won't be obvious for scums that it wasn't a real kill. Random suicide in a middle of a game will be very suspicious, GF/DH kill and Neutral Killing kill gives it pretty much away as soon as it is shown. Cleaning it completely also gives it away since there is only one role which can do it and it isn't a town role. Vigilante and Veteran are town roles but it can really mess with town knowledge if Vet/Vigi kill randomly pops up in the middle of the game.
  43. Replies
    2
    Views
    663

    {Watch List} ►►FattyMcBane:1-S2-1-5771489:◄◄

    Account Name: FattyMcBane
    Account ID: 1-S2-1-5771489
    In-Game Name: Class Warfare

    Crimes Committed: Game-Throwing

    Your Account Name: RufusPL
    Summary: So i revealed as Mayor day 2 like i always do, there was a lead that 7 (DH) visited the guy who got killed but 7 claimed Sheriff and confirmed that he did visit him, i really didn't trust my other investigative role so i let 7 stay alive for now and i proceeded to trial people who didn't pm anything. We had 2 claims for neutral benign counterclaiming eachother so i decieded to lynch that first (i didn't vote myself since there was still a chance for jester but i would if i had to) and he flipped Arsonist, which is obviously bigger gain than lynching DH when other triad is still alive. And here our game-throwing Vigilante comes into play. He decieded he will shoot me, the Mayor, because i didn't lynch 7 immediately. Next night he also shot confirmed town, which was 1 the Sheriff, who was the only claim for second town investigative role which could be found in my last will. Town would lose the game if triad didn't vote for auditor when it was 2v1v1.

    Name: -Mafia- (4292).SC2Replay
Views: 1
Size: 338.7 KB
  44. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:Fortune Teller

    Thread Author:BlackholeX

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    14
    Views
    1,530

    [New Role] ►►Re: Fortune Teller◄◄

    The thing is does neutral benign even need that ability? Most of the results would be pretty useless to him like everyone usually knows if someone is Escort or Consort, Investigator or Consgiliere etc. And other results would be almost like Investigator exact role which would border OP. Neutral benign would a lot more use an alignment check like sheriff rather than crimes/possible roles check like Investigator, maybe limited to 2-3 uses or something.
  45. Replies
    2
    Views
    1,022

    {Permanently Banned} ►►Re: llllllllllll 1-S2-1-10435802◄◄

    I know that other players shouldn't usually post in other peoples reports, but i was also in that game. I would suggest putting an eye on this guy Titus aswell who was 11 the Incense Master. 14 played completely normal until 11 was put on trial, then he started spamming triad (tho this colored text suggests he prepared that earlier), 11 also didn't even defend himself (so that already could be the base to add him to report) before 14 started any spamming. It just looked very much like those 2 were skyping.
  46. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:Neutral Killers

    Thread Author:Ganelon

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    4
    Views
    765

    [Role Change] ►►Re: Neutral Killers◄◄

    It makes some sense because Neutral Killer could talk to his victim then to recognise if it's worth killing him or not, it would be helpfull especially late game.
  47. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:Guys Misc. Roles and Stuffs.

    Thread Author:Guy

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    14
    Views
    1,654

    [Misc. Suggestion] ►►Re: Guys Misc. Roles and Stuffs.◄◄

    Neutral Benign who can roleblock people seems too powerfull.

    Cult shouldn't be able to kill Masons, it defeats the whole idea of Masons. Their whole existence is to be immune to Cult this makes them completely useless.

    Auditor shouldn't convert Neutrals into Town allignment. They should always be converted to Evil so he can create allies. It already is very hard role to win solo. There is really no reason why he shouldn't be able to audit Amnesiac which is the most powerfull Neutral Benign already.

    Also if Guardian Angel fails he shouldn't become Survivor it makes the whole point of this role worthless since all you have to do is surviving. It should become Jester.
  48. Replies
    32
    Views
    4,174

    [Role Change] ►►Re: The Ideal Balance for Sc2 Mafia 2.0◄◄

    Can you just stop arguing over me i don't feel attacked or anything so really just end this. I was just misunderstood that i think nothing should be changed because it's pointless. I actually post many propositions lately for balance changes and i think i'm pretty known in the community for caring about balance probably more than i should. All i meant in my first post was that Any Random problem represents that community doesn't care about balance, all they care is "funny" and random things happening so they don't want any changes like you propose. And then i said i also don't agree with your proposed changes anyway and in later posts i tried to explain as good as i can why i think your propositions are wrong. Mainly your propositions limit making other setups than 933/834 and this is not what the save maker was designed for. It was meant to be as flexible as possible so you can create any type of save you would want and it shouldn't be changed by adding too much restrictions
  49. Replies
    32
    Views
    4,174

    [Role Change] ►►Re: The Ideal Balance for Sc2 Mafia 2.0◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Why do you believe that an any random which is restricted to town or non neutral killing is balance breaking? It’s a 50-50 to make it 933 or 834. 933 is undeniably town favored. Even 834 favors town if there are zero citizens and max 1 neut killer. I get that some people allow the any random to be a killing role but that’s a separate issue as it’s not the normal 8331 save
    If Any Random actually rolls Neutral Killing instead of Neutral Evil then it's probably less balance breaking. It only speeds up the game which is of course bad but from town perspective it's a lot better to have one more Neutral Killing who will kill everyone, instead of Neutral Evil who has very strong ability and is additional vote for Mafia/Triad or even Neutral Killing. Of course there is a chance that only town roles will get killed but if there would be another Neutral Evil the chance of town losing is a lot higher than that. Any Random is bad because it deciedes game on dice roll. Setups should have handcrafted role setups for every ratio. 933 should have different role setups than 834 to make both of them balance, if it is random they won't work properly. Not even mentioning that Neutral Random is already balance breaking because the difference between Neutral Evil and Benign is too high. In most setups Neutral Slots should be handpicked. I don't think that 933 is favouring town that much, atleast not in public games, maybe if we played with only players above 10k or even 20k points then we could see strong shift towards town wins but that's not the case in public lobbies. There is also so many games that town roles leaves or goes afk, most of the times it will be 833 not 933. Also Neutrals very rarely think about playing for themselfs, they are always very Mafia sided no matter what and that doesn't help Town. But i have no problem with You using 834 (just please don't throw Neutral Random in there) if You think it is better, just use it instead of throwing Any Random that still leaves a chance for 933. It's kind of weird that You claim that 933 is very town favored but You still use the save that gives a chance for that town favored situation to happen.
  50. Replies
    32
    Views
    4,174

    [Role Change] ►►Re: The Ideal Balance for Sc2 Mafia 2.0◄◄

    I don't expect any additional work from sc2mafia staff i don't need them to penalize anybody, i'm actually very thankfull that they are going to implement some changes after so long. I'm just very, very annoyed by implenting any random slot in almost every setup lately and most members of the staff use either any random or completely troll setups (like Kira). Just if member of the staff plays the game he should in my opinion lead with good example and help improve the balance instead of using obviously balance breaking slot which is Any Random set to be Town/Neutral or even sometimes Triad and Mafia. Especially when it's sometimes hard to get even a decent setup this year.
Results 1 to 50 of 106
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3