Search Results - SC2 Mafia
Register

Search:

Type: Posts; User: SuperJack

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 0.16 seconds.

  1. Replies
    5
    Views
    59

    {Permanently Banned} ►►Re: Veliaire (Fake) 1-S2-1-11931657◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte View Post
    You can at least take solace in the fact that you're living rent free in this person's head. He cares so much that he makes an account with your name on it lmao
    Makes me wonder what people out there have a pot of hate inside their heads for me.
  2. Replies
    942
    Views
    9,672

    ►►Re: S-FM Eternal Conflict (Off Queue Game Ongoing)◄◄

    -unvote

    I should make some attempt to do something.
    Someone give me 3 people to Isolate and read through.
  3. Replies
    942
    Views
    9,672

    ►►Re: S-FM Eternal Conflict (Off Queue Game Ongoing)◄◄

    Wasn't the votes on YZB because he has feelings and people said that is scummy?
  4. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:Top500 posters, in order - 2021 edition.

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:SuperJack

    Replies
    52
    Views
    309

    ►►Re: Top500 posters, in order - 2021 edition.◄◄

    Helz is just upset that he will have more posts then ThinkLiveLife
  5. ►►Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Step 2 advanced - euthanize everybody with bad genes
    This is important. Or at least make them infertile.
  6. Replies
    1,122
    Views
    7,446

    ►►Re: S-FM Simple Forum Mafia - WINTER 2021◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    Wish I could work well with Low Posters but I’m not entirely sure how I’m suppose to go about that in thread.
    My logic is - Just be very active and comment on everything?
    Lynch them. If you don't think they are good enough to pull through use them to gain yourself some credit.
  7. Replies
    942
    Views
    9,672

    ►►Re: S-FM Eternal Conflict (Off Queue Game Ongoing)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I guess its about that time...

    32 hours until days end~
    Nice. I'm sticking with voting off an inactive player.
    Mostly because I've forgotten whats happened this game, made no notes and hoping to start D2 with re-energized effort.
  8. Replies
    1,122
    Views
    7,446

    ►►Re: S-FM Simple Forum Mafia - WINTER 2021◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Grayswandir View Post
    Same
    God damn you Gray! I can't believe you was really town after that last day alive you had!

    I guess because naz was working/sleeping/sleeping during work that there wasn't much to do apart from keep on debating with town. I was impressed by peoples town reads on me, like yours. And Frostbytes. Very impressive ^^
  9. ►►Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places◄◄

    yzb25 just wants to marry me.

    I accept your proposal yzb25.
  10. Replies
    1,122
    Views
    7,446

    ►►Re: S-FM Simple Forum Mafia - WINTER 2021◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Happymeal View Post
    What? I legit said Dark magician is mafia day 1. I was literally the only vote that day. You technically sheeped me
    You think I actually read day 1? I sorta didn't and I thought my late posts on D1 made it obvious :P
  11. Replies
    1,122
    Views
    7,446

    ►►Re: S-FM Simple Forum Mafia - WINTER 2021◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Happymeal View Post
    I use a bragging approach where I'm basically confident I'm always right and end up being right
    Yup! Sheep me and we win.
  12. ►►Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places◄◄

    A great topic to look into is the research into Generation Space Ships. Thats a good bit of stuff.
  13. ►►Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Grayswandir View Post
    Marriage is cringe don’t change my mind.
    I alwaya found the idea of marriage weird tbh. If I’m in love with someone we don’t need to make it into law that we’re together. We’re gonna be together regardless.
    We got married last year because I said "You know if we get married we can get an extra £250 a year"
  14. Replies
    1,122
    Views
    7,446

    ►►Re: S-FM Simple Forum Mafia - WINTER 2021◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte View Post
    I could not be an asshole, but when someone does literally nothing but metagrudge tunnel, claim they have 100% read accuracy, and get themselves lynched every game while being arrogant as fuck, they're gonna get called out for it.
    Try using a positive approach rather than negative. It's proven to be a superior method.
  15. ►►Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places◄◄

    i mean solution is to be gay.
  16. ►►Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    my bad, i meant we should euthanize everyone except you SJ, as you clearly have the perfect genes
    Thats better.
  17. ►►Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    my point is that we are talking about something that happens to roughly 1 in 200 pakistani babies in birmingham in the UK. There are all kinds of horrible things that could happen to your child that occur more frequently than 1 in 200. For example if you're black, there's a very high chance your child will be black. So we should probably ban black marriage!
    here is your assumption that getting married gets you children.
    or that you can have children without marriage


    I vote to ban marriage altogether within the aspects of law. I found it quite annoyed that I had to pay money to get a piece of paper just so that I can save money on tax and make future paperwork a little less hassle free.
  18. ►►Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places◄◄

    Spoiler : aamirus's quote :
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    the dailymail article is a farce and should be ignored. It fails to identify any of its supposed sources. The site is notorious for that. It's banned as a source on wikipedia. Not that they're wrong about arranged cousin marriages being more likely to produce children with genetic defects. That's undeniably true. But if they can't actually show you the research study then the numbers are probably just made up for the sake of sensationalism.

    Spoiler : 60 percent :
    "city’s British-Pakistani community, in which around 60 per cent of mothers are married to their cousins according, to a major academic study."
    which study? and note this is talking about just the city of bradford and not the entire UK


    Spoiler : 545 :
    "New official figures shown to the Mail reveal a worrying picture across England. Shockingly, cousin marriages are a key factor in an average of two child deaths every week.
    This figure is derived from the fact that a total of 545 boys or girls born to closely related couples have died in childhood during the past five years, according to the Department for Education, which collates data from Child Death Overview Panels in every council area. (It is the job of these panels to examine the deaths of any child under the age of 18.)
    Thousands more children of consanguineous marriages survive, but with appalling physical or mental problems. These include blindness, deafness, blood ailments, heart or kidney failure, lung or liver problems and a myriad of often incurable and complex neurological or brain disorders."
    All of this nonsense is based on the 1 fact they referenced of 545 people age 0-17 dying over the course of 5 years. Note that the statistic is just deaths, and NOT deaths due to a defect.

    Spoiler : bbcDaily :
    "According to a report for the BBC’s Newsnight, British Pakistanis are 13 times more likely to have children with genetic disorders than the general population.

    They are responsible for three percent of all births, but produce just under a third of all British children with such health problems.

    In Birmingham, around one in ten children from first cousin marriages either dies in infancy or develops a serious life-long disability caused by genetic ailments, according to health officials in the city, where half the mothers of Pakistani origin are married to a close relative."

    Here they have just super lazily copeid the following from the BBC article:
    Spoiler : bbc :
    "British Pakistanis are 13 times more likely to have children with genetic disorders than the general population - they account for just over 3% of all births but have just under a third of all British children with such illnesses.

    Indeed, Birmingham Primary Care Trust estimates that one in ten of all children born to first cousins in the city either dies in infancy or goes on to develop serious disability as a result of a recessive genetic disorder."

    Which itself fails to cite the source for 13 times, 3%, 1/3. But I guess if you cite me saying "100% of all people are gay", then technically you had a source! good for you! Please note that the dailymail article is published in 2018 and citing a 2005 article from bbc as if it is completely up-to-date factual information LOL.

    Spoiler : report :
    "Meanwhile, a research document by the NHS-funded Enhanced Genetic Services Project reveals that in Birmingham in 2009-2010, the combined infant stillbirth and death rate ‘definitely or probably’ due to genetic disorders inherited from Pakistani cousin parents was 38 times higher than that among white European babies in the city.

    The report — one of the most thorough into this health and social problem — says: ‘Almost a third of the affected children die before five years of age.

    Most of the survivors suffer chronic disability, and they are cared for by their families, posing tremendous emotional and financial strain.’"

    So here is the actual report: https://www.phgfoundation.org/docume...1412153210.pdf

    The dailymail claim is wildly off. The paper says that the number of infant deaths +still births due to autosomal recessive conditons was 38 fold higher in pakistani babies. NOT due to genetic disorders in general and NOT specific to cousin-marriages.
    In fact, in table 5 you can see the ID+SB totals for all congenital anomalies:
    Maternal Ethnic Groups SB+IDs Total Births
    European 106 37,764
    Pakistani 166 20,117

    So 106/37764 = 0.0028
    166/20117 = 0.0082

    0.0082/0.0028 = 2.94. So a little less than 3 times as likely, nowhere close to the dailymail claim of 38 times. And since the data is not specific to cousin-marriages, it is entirely possible that a chunk of that difference is, as SJ suggested, due to the pakistani parents having a higher percentage of congenital anomalies themselves (although that gets into a who came first, the chicken or the egg? issue).

    the next quote about a third dying before 5 is also bogus since it's specific to all british children born with "severe autosomal recessive disorders" and is not specific to pakistani children the way the dailymail tries to frame it as such.





    Anyway, of course marrying blood relatives leads to a higher percentage of genetic disorders. But since people love to use shitty sources on here I thought it would be fun to show the bs that is being read as fact


    My god. You are amazing aamirus's. You actually did the work. Thank you.
  19. ►►Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Grayswandir View Post
    I’m confused as to why people think Pakis having a higher risk of genetic disorders is better than cousin marriage being the cause.
    Science isn't about what's better. Its about reaching the correct conclusion.
  20. Replies
    1,122
    Views
    7,446

    ►►Re: S-FM Simple Forum Mafia - WINTER 2021◄◄

    Geez FrostByte can you not be such an asshole? Some players are young, some have a lot to learn and your dick waving isn't helping anyone. Be a dick to those that can take it.
  21. Replies
    1,122
    Views
    7,446

    ►►Re: S-FM Simple Forum Mafia - WINTER 2021◄◄

    Fuck we really should of done that Quickest D1 lynch ever.
  22. Replies
    1,122
    Views
    7,446

    ►►Re: S-FM Simple Forum Mafia - WINTER 2021◄◄

    Lol. GG. That was a fun days of arguing.
  23. Replies
    1,122
    Views
    7,446

    ►►Re: S-FM Simple Forum Mafia - WINTER 2021◄◄

    Fine. Ozzy can you ask the host to skip your night phrase please.

    -vote naz
  24. ►►Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    You can? But you not staff
    I'm ex-staff and donor.
  25. ►►Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places◄◄

    Also pro tip.

    Avoid adverts and crap by reading text-only versions

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/textbase...l-1/index.html
  26. Replies
    39
    Views
    495

    Poll: ►►Re: ★ S-FM 322 (Ladder): Silent Night (14P) ★◄◄

    more people need to vote.
  27. Replies
    1,122
    Views
    7,446

    ►►Re: S-FM Simple Forum Mafia - WINTER 2021◄◄

    -vote OzyWho
    Quick Lynch Chocho.
  28. ►►Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Off topic (sorry): SC2Mafia should totally have a "share on FB" button.

    Imagine the publicity!

    I tried to neg rep you for this. But it wont let me do it again so recently.
  29. ►►Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Grayswandir View Post
    Try posting that on FB.
    I suppose it could be but the question would be ‘why’
    I'm not posting anything on some boomer filled cave that rub themselves all over drama, targeted brain+gooing articles munchers that have mother better to do than depressingly pretend how great their life is whilst dying on the inside.
  30. ►►Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    From that perspective, remember that relatively recently Pakistan and India were one and the same country and got split in 2 due to religion.
    And I doubt, though I haven't checked, that there's much more Pakistani than Indians in.. well.. anywhere tbh. And the article wouldn't had specified the 30% to be Pakistani if it wasn't the case.
    I mean, the articles main purpose is to generate hate against foreigners. "Look at this aspect from this culture that is costing you millions extra in tax and wastes tax money*

    Yet you don't see a big headline article about how the non-alcoholic and anti-gambe aspects of Muslims are highly beneficial to health and society and reduce the amount of people getting into debt and reducing the cost of all the problems alcohol causes (voilenct, crime, health)

    The article flip flops from study to study, carefully crafting it's sentences and phrases and isolating all the negative aspects. I can't even see clear links to the studies or sorcesy (Do they even do them?)
    It uses carefully selected statistics and words them just so look perfectly normal and correct. It jumps between cousin and paki many times.

    In other words. Tabloid articles are absolute ballsack to use when trying to prove your point. Especially when it comes to anything relating to science.

    If you really wanted to prove your point you are going to want to link studies and accounting for many alternatives. Here's a quick few.

    cousin children. England
    Non close relation children. England.
    Cousin paki children. England.
    Non close relation paki children. England.

    That shold be able to give you a difference between paki, cousin and non paki cousin. And with that comparison you should be able to come to a more accurst conclusion.
  31. ►►Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places◄◄

    Oh pakis in Britain. Lets find some clip that we can no longer make because it's not politically correct.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C0n88tZQc4Q

  32. ►►Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Grayswandir View Post
    Probably. It says its also designed to keep the wealth in the family, so I’m guessing Pakistanis and Indians in India do it too

    Yup, and according to the same article while Pakistanis produce 3% of the childeen in the UK, they also produce 30% of the children witn physical and genetic abnormalities 😀
    Could one argue that perhaps it's not because or close related marriages and it could just be that genetic defects are overall more common with genes from Pakistan?
  33. ►►Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Grayswandir View Post
    There was a case in Australia wherein a family did that, they would just have weird incestuous relationships like father-daughter and abuse the kids
    An Austrian woman is like a good wine.
    Best left to mature in a cellar.
  34. ►►Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    This is the most autopilot post of them all.
    It's what I say when I get bored as feel truthful. Sometimes I just have a phrase or post that fits.any situation.
  35. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:testing bed

    Thread Author:Oberon

    Post Author:SuperJack

    Replies
    16
    Views
    618

    ►►Re: testing bed◄◄

    Lol rassilon. Love that there is an entire style just created for a one use host account.

    Love you @fred
  36. ►►Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    Ya das what I said
    I'm not really reading. Most arguments are repetitive and boring and always tend to have the same opinions and are very predictable. I mostly just post words on autopilot and insert the correct valid post to look like I actually care about socialising.
  37. Forum:Site Discussion

    Thread:Necroing

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:SuperJack

    Replies
    12
    Views
    83

    ►►Re: Necroing◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Grayswandir View Post
    I’m going to necro this thread in exactly 5 months
    Impossible to necro a necro thread because it's on topic, valid and good contribution.
  38. Forum:Site Discussion

    Thread:Necroing

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:SuperJack

    Replies
    12
    Views
    83

    ►►Re: Necroing◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    No, I mean you literally can't: you cannot post in the Archive, it's physically impossible.
    Unless I login to my Admin account and move it.
  39. Replies
    39
    Views
    495

    Poll: ►►Re: ★ S-FM 322 (Ladder): Silent Night (14P) ★◄◄

    God damn everyone. It's everyone's fault! You're all worthless! Especially @NoctiZ
  40. ►►Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    Also because it's cringe
    Also because a lot of the time it involves grooming and abusing the relation to a non-adult.
  41. Replies
    942
    Views
    9,672

    ►►Re: S-FM Eternal Conflict (Off Queue Game Ongoing)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    Look, I get posting a nullread 10 posts in was irredeemably scummy and bringing up town cannibalism when god reveals and shoots my townread less than a week in then pushes the crap out of me is totally unrelatable, but if I'm such obv scum you don't need to take the time to crap on my reads too. Fine, some of my reads are worse than others but if the "best player on the site" lets SJ walk away with that play that's on you not me.
    How can I let myself walk away with anything? Your statement does not make sense.
  42. Replies
    1,122
    Views
    7,446

    ►►Re: S-FM Simple Forum Mafia - WINTER 2021◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Happymeal View Post
    what's the vote count rn?
    Grayswandir (2 [L-2]):
    OzyWho, SuperJack
    OzyWho (1 [L-3]):
    Grayswandir
    SuperJack (1 [L-3]):
    naz
    naz (1 [L-3]):
    Happymeal


    like it says at the stop of the posts
  43. Replies
    1,122
    Views
    7,446

    ►►Re: S-FM Simple Forum Mafia - WINTER 2021◄◄

    @naz
    @Frinckles
    @Light_Yagami

    Please place your votes.
  44. Replies
    1,122
    Views
    7,446

    ►►Re: S-FM Simple Forum Mafia - WINTER 2021◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Grayswandir View Post
    Big gay
    =)
  45. Replies
    1,122
    Views
    7,446

    ►►Re: S-FM Simple Forum Mafia - WINTER 2021◄◄

    -vote Grayswandir
  46. Replies
    1,122
    Views
    7,446

    ►►Re: S-FM Simple Forum Mafia - WINTER 2021◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Happymeal View Post
    Ok I RNGed the vote.

    -vote naz


    Not even my personal opinion but the rng gods have spoken. Naz must die
    I mean. If Naz, Ozzy and Gray have 2 votes each the host will random who gets the rope I assume.
  47. ►►Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    Rude and uncalled for. I'm claiming copyright and will sue you into the ground if you do any work on my original idea
    Cool, I've submitted a trademark and patent. Which trumps your copyyright.
  48. Replies
    1,122
    Views
    7,446

    ►►Re: S-FM Simple Forum Mafia - WINTER 2021◄◄

    What if we let random votes decide who to lynch.

    Give Naz, Ozzy and Gray 2 votes each.
  49. Replies
    1,122
    Views
    7,446

    ►►Re: S-FM Simple Forum Mafia - WINTER 2021◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Happymeal View Post
    In the name of storm slyde I want everyone to vote on me today and make this game interesting. Let 3 unconfirmed reach final 3 and have some fucking fun.
    Or we can end this game and move onto another.
    Hopefully people might me more inclined to scum hunt after seeing that the sheriff was never used and the people who played good got town read and got scum.
Results 1 to 50 of 2000
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4