Search Results - SC2 Mafia
Register

Search:

Type: Posts; User: Marshmallow Marshall

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 0.25 seconds.

  1. Replies
    14
    Views
    111

    ►►Re: 7/17 Game Interest Thread◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    fuck, is this ping spam?
    Yes, it is. You are to be hanged by the neck til thou are dead.

    If I'm there and have time for it, I'll hop in. No promises, though.
  2. Forum:Signups

    Thread:S-FM 304: Instant Mafia

    Thread Author:naz

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    29
    Views
    556

    ►►Re: S-FM 304: Instant Mafia◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    haha, i like the idea but i don't think a jester would be able to win. i would need much more signs to balance the game. currently mafia is 25% of the town and 2/5 votes to lynch ;/ i would like to keep that balance.

    but before i roll game i am going to DM everyone to make sure they will still be able to play in the 72 hours, since we still don't know exactly when that is. i'll give about 48 hr to confirm PM, and if they don't I'll hit up the reserves. I have a feeling some may forget that they signed ;p
    I also have that feeling lol. /scumfirming my availability
    Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    also lmaoooo thanks Bill Rep
    Hahaha yes
  3. Poll: ►►Re: "Who is Online" function and its relation with FM and general forum health◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    "Can we add a default on feature that publicly allows a player to see when other players have read their role pms? Or when they pm the host? Not the contents of course, but just the meta data on them pming the host. It's infringing on my player rights to not know this metadata!"

    I was struggling to come up with a good example last night on similar features that (I think) we'd all agree that we don't want in our forum mafia games but I think those two would be it. I would love to see the "creative freedom" for hosts and players to not extend into arbitrary forum mechanics.
    If the "who is online" function didn't exist in our meta and in a lot of other mafia communities', you'd be right, it's not a "player right". But since it has been incorporated in Sc2 Mafia's meta and in playstyles, it cannot simply be taken away, because it has become a right. Calling it a privilege may be more accurate, but the same reasoning applies.
  4. Replies
    802
    Views
    9,802

    ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    Sherman didn't go far enough.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JhvvjEysHU

    WHILE WE WERE MARCHING THROUGH... wait what is this place


    I'm locking this thread. The actual serious discussion was done lol, and the thread is horribly off-topic now. Just read the title and then read the most recent pages if you don't believe me ;).
  5. Poll: ►►Re: "Who is Online" function and its relation with FM and general forum health◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    Using "player/host freedom" as an argument for needing to know "Who's currently browsing the thread" to call people out as scum, poisons the freedom principle that the fm staff have prided themselves on maintaining here at sc2mafia.

    I guess I can get behind that it's useful if you want to have Real Time conversations. But a line is crossed when you start saying "Oh I saw playerX browsing, but they're not responding to anything. hur dur, they're confirmed scum". If there was some way for our community to turn away from this, I'd be very happy. Like some sort of opposite stance rather than the fm staff defending it "for freedom". Then, I couldn't care less if we had invisible mode on or off.
    How does it poison that principle? It's letting people play like they want to play without offending or cheating, which is pretty normal. And I think Secondpassing convinced me: if people thought it were an issue, they would be using invisible mode by themselves. As for your "Oh I saw playerX browsing" argument, well, that's bad play, and pushing such a narrative could very well be seen as scummy by other players (because it 100 % is reaching). That's where the mentality change kicks in.

    As for "another point of view than the FM staff's", that's why this thread exists! If anyone has other views on the topic, they are more than welcome to share them.
    Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    I think basing a read entirely on activity is bad, but supplementing reads with it is fair.
    Exactly. It's bad play to base it completely on it, but it's definetly bad to remove the possibility to do it entirely, both for freedom and for game quality. As I said, that's where the mentality change kicks in: if nobody bases reads solely on activity or basically erases everything someone did because they went AFK for a long time anymore, the problem is at least partially solved (and I think it's the biggest part of the problem).

    I have added the choice "A mentality change is necessary on the topic of activity in FM games.", but that messed with votes, apparently, so if your vote is in a weird place, that's why. Note that you may pick multiple choices in the poll if you want to.
  6. Poll: ►►Re: "Who is Online" function and its relation with FM and general forum health◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    I agree with everything said here. The who is online feature allows for other interactions that are not FM related, such as for anticipating who might read your thread or who might reply to a post you put in a debate thread. If hosts want more anonymity, I would hope there is a way to make everyone invisible, but otherwise seeing who is online and calling them out for it seems to be part of forum and forum mafia life.

    As for invisible mode being the default, no I don't think it would be good. People can opt for invisible mode any time they want, but normally to talk to someone you see them face-to-face anyway. Having everyone be on invisible mode is like signing up for ads to come through the mail. I'm generally against invisible mode.
    Hmmm, fair point about making invisible mode the default. I think it really needs to be a "site meta change" and not a "technological change", as Voss said.
  7. Replies
    14
    Views
    410

    [WIP] ►►Re: The Eternal Conflict (13P)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    Interesting setup you’ve got here.
    A few questions:

    Is the Guardian Angel informed of successful heal? What about their target?
    What would happen if a player died, stopped paying attention to the game, and a human priest tried to talk to them? Would you replace a ‘dead’ player if they were inactive? How would enforce activity for dead players?
    Only the target is informed. Updated the setup to reflect this.
    You're very right on this point, and I still need to figure that out. Perhaps there could be a dead chat in which the dead must participate at least a bit (without any spoilers or observers of course)? I don't know if it's fair to force people to keep paying attention when they're dead. On the other hand, the game won't be too hard to follow, since the activity will be more spread out over the course of the 3 weeks days.
  8. Poll: ►►Re: "Who is Online" function and its relation with FM and general forum health◄◄

    I doubt forbidding people from using activity as a scumtell is the solution here. That would restrict the players' freedom too much. Plus, there would be grey zones and acceptable behaviors that would be inevitably covered by such a rule, making its application too subjective and restrictive (or making it impossible to apply correctly). For example, if someone replies to a lot of things but ignores a question you've asked them several times, it's perfectly legitimate and correct to scumread them over it (or at least it's perfectly understandable that one would scumread them over it). The solution is to change the meta with the consent of the players, not to create new strongly restrictive rules imo. Hence why there's a poll thread here for the community to speak up on the topic.
    As for com-hunting, you're right, but I'd say the disadvantages of adding that rule outmatch the benefits. Plus, those who already do that would just continue com-hunting silently because we can't get in their minds to stop them if they don't want to.

    About anonymous accounts, it's true that they could all be invisible mode if the Host wants it. That's a way to explore.
  9. Forum:Signups

    Thread:S-FM 304: Instant Mafia

    Thread Author:naz

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    29
    Views
    556

    ►►Re: S-FM 304: Instant Mafia◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    i doubt a mafia will not be on a town lynch, but if that is the case then mafia does not win.
    also deeper in the thread it is asked what if the 5 votes are not reached -- the reply is that both factions lose

    play to your win condition *♡
    @Zedus
  10. Poll: ►►"Who is Online" function and its relation with FM and general forum health◄◄

    There has been talks, both in the community and among staff, about the "Who is Online" function, mainly because of FM: people being called out because they're on the thread without posting while they simply left the tab open, people being suspected for using invisible mode, people using "activity tells", etc. What do you think should be done about this?

    Points that have already been made:

    - Removing the function entirely would hurt the forum's activity and "living" feeling.

    - Invisible mode being the default would be less damaging for the forum's activity than the complete removal of the function.
  11. Replies
    28
    Views
    312

    ►►Re: Nuclear Apocalypse◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    The radioactive fallout lasts for around 6 months. And, btw, if Russia were to launch its operational nukes at the US, only 1.2% of the entire US could be completely bombarded with nukes. It would definitely kill millions and might possibly look somewhat like the Black Death.
    Well, you don't have to bomb the whole country lol, just the cities. You can also space the nukes up a bit so that more surface is irradiated. Also, the "less radiations" argument is only valid if great powers don't lie about their nukes... which they very probably do.
  12. Replies
    28
    Views
    312

    ►►Re: Nuclear Apocalypse◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    Do this to Mars and we have another home in a few hundred years.
    What about you use non-radioactive weapons for that instead lol
  13. Replies
    4
    Views
    171

    [Ready for Review] ►►Re: S-FM Journey to Huygens (13P)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    I don’t think I can review my own setup... that’d be dirty @Marshmallow Marshall if you review this I’ll review yours
    Yes, you can't do that and I can't review my own setup either lol, so let's do this. Review in progress.

    A few things first:

    - It'd be nice if you could color the rolecards with their alignment's color. Easier to quickly see what is what.

    - Thou shalt add thy Commandments to thy setup (add rules please).

    - You called the Corrupted Analyst's rolecard "Corrupted Agent".
  14. Replies
    28
    Views
    312

    ►►Re: Nuclear Apocalypse◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    Agreed. It’s just that its a common (mis-)conception that nuclear war would be the apocalypse.
    Mmmmm, I think it would be, though. If two countries shoot eachother, the war between them probably isn't over, first of all. And then you get the immense amount of radioactive fallout that causes illness if it doesn't straight up kill people. Animals get it too. Also, annihilating life on the other continent can be tempting if you think the people there will forever be enemies, or if you think you won't be able to invade or occupy the place. It's a bit like razing cities in civ 4 lol.

    I'll stick with Frinckles' point, though: it's probably not a good idea.
  15. Forum:Signups

    Thread:S-FM 304: Instant Mafia

    Thread Author:naz

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    29
    Views
    556

    ►►Re: S-FM 304: Instant Mafia◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Who would eat a burger with marshmallows in it? I wouldn't.
    So evil. And so true. =(
  16. Forum:Signups

    Thread:S-FM 304: Instant Mafia

    Thread Author:naz

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    29
    Views
    556

    ►►Re: S-FM 304: Instant Mafia◄◄

    /sign

    I love that burger XD
  17. Replies
    802
    Views
    9,802

    ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    The only time someone has agreed with me in this thread or not attacked me is when I took the leftist side.
    That's because...

    Left is Right
    Freedom is Slavery
    War is Peace



    Also, this thread has derailed so many times that nobody can reply to anything logically anymore xD
  18. Sticky: ►►Re: Serious Discussion & Debate Rules◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocist View Post
    Wait...why is this back... Apo's scared..
    The real question would be: "why was this deleted in the first place?" ;)
  19. Replies
    1,295
    Views
    15,400

    ►►Re: S-FM Summer 2020◄◄

    GG. I was surprised by some of you guys' styles and skills. Special props to @MartinGG99 and @bakermir . And good job to others too of course ^^ this game was very rich and of a pretty good level, even per non-newbie game standards.
  20. Replies
    23
    Views
    437

    ►►Re: When did masks become political?◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    Masks were largely politicized because of Trump's refusal to wear one, and how he made fun of others (like Biden) for wearing one.

    However, Trump doesn't, and in fact, can't drive. Therefore he can't have a stance on texting and driving, hence it doesn't become politicized by his cultists.
    He... he made fun of people for wearing a mask?
  21. Sticky: ►►Re: Serious Discussion & Debate Rules◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    You spelt Toxic as Serious
    Ah right, my bad.
  22. Sticky: ►►Serious Discussion & Debate Rules◄◄

    You may post your serious threads here if you want them to remain serious and nice. Some additional rules apply here:

    - No excessive trolling. Having fun is obviously allowed, but please keep it on topic.

    - No thread derailing; severe and intentional thread derailing will be punished.

    - No flaming. This rule isn't specific to this forum, but it's important enough to be reminder-worthy here.

    - Site rules apply.


    Failure to abide to those rules may result in infractions.
  23. Replies
    25
    Views
    404

    ►►Re: Can ordinary men turn into killers?◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    Kumiho.

    Also Godwin's law has gotten to ridiculous levels in this forum lately.
    The current geopolitical situation has gotten ridiculously closer to nazism/racism/totalitarianism than it should have, though...

    oh noes i just contributed to God wins law
  24. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:Give me my colors.

    Thread Author:Mesk514

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    9
    Views
    300

    ►►Re: Give me my colors.◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Psh color is overrated
    Makes Banana's name color invisible

    ~~

    Welcome back, HEATHEN.
  25. Replies
    802
    Views
    9,802

    ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Yes it does make you a satanist, and therefore you should have no problem changing the motto to "In God we trust, and Satan too"


    I think I'll pass xD

    There are probably too many Christians in the US to make that change. It's not a truly religion-neutral country, like you said yourself. And Utah would launch a civil war if that happened lol.
  26. Forum:Forum Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Role : Slave Master

    Thread Author:Gzz

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    7
    Views
    1,023

    ►►Re: Role : Slave Master◄◄

    Necro

    Pretty good role though, would be interesting to play a game that revolves around it!
  27. Replies
    23
    Views
    437

    ►►Re: When did masks become political?◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Right but the question is why isn't it a political issue? Like if you tell someone "you shouldn't text and drive" or "wear your seat belt", they aren't going to respond with "muh freedom". At least that hasn't been my experience.

    They recognize that if they get caught doing it they are going to get ticketed for it. Yet no protests or freaking out about it.
    Because the general people is just dumb. Stupid. There's no other explaination lol. The issue is that they can still spread the disease, so people are a bit more insisting than when it comes to seat belts lol, so half-smart people wanting to gain the support of dumb people responding "muh freedom" go out and scream "OUR FREEDOM!!!!".
  28. Replies
    802
    Views
    9,802

    ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    Its weird that you’d be for polygamous marriages, even from a utilitarian perspective it’s PLAIN wrong, it leads to social unrest because some men don’t get any women.
    Objection, Your Honor. I don't think the defendant meant "polygamy" under the meaning of "a system under which a man can have multiple wives, but a women cannot have multiple husbands"; the point of Mr. Ganelon is therefore irrelevant.
  29. Replies
    802
    Views
    9,802

    ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    No, the point is for people to turn their firstborn child into the literal incarnation of Satan and conquer the World through their awesome power.
    Just make sure your firstborn gets all the inheritance or they may try to assassinate their siblings.
    Rofl claim Alexander the Great's legacy too
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    I will refer you to these posts, buried in the "cancerous" portion of the thread.

    "In god we trust" is in no way a moral statement, and should not be the motto of a country that prides itself in being a diverse melting pot of ideas.
    Isn't that unrelated to my post, though? Satanists are serving a power they believe to be evil (Satan is evil incarnate by definition), while other religions serve a power they believe to be good. In other words, they don't even try to be moral lol: that is the whole point. Hence why I have a hard time understanding their "code of conduct" @Helz quoted, which just seems to be common sense and pro-science without references to religion. I follow that code of conduct, does that make me a satanist xD?
  30. Replies
    802
    Views
    9,802

    ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Satanists are encouraging moral behavior? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the whole point of satanism to promote admittedly pure evil (whether that exists or not) and literally praise it?
  31. Replies
    14
    Views
    410

    [WIP] ►►Re: The Eternal Conflict (13P)◄◄

    Some updates were made. Scum have a permanent chat following Secondpassing's feedback.

    I fear this game has too many kills, and wonder which ones to keep.
    Looking for interactions between TPRs and the remaining demon slots. Perhaps a vanilla cop or a parity cop would be nice, too.

    Suggestions or thoughts are still welcome, I didn't forget about this setup's existence, just taking a bit of a break at the moment.
  32. Replies
    25
    Views
    404

    ►►Re: Can ordinary men turn into killers?◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanas View Post
    Society and law turn killers into "ordinary men". People are opportunistic and self-serving, but they're also gregarious and will compromise for acceptance and to avoid exclusion. Psychopaths have a harder time suppressing their urges and less motivation to do so and they have more tolerance to risk, so their true nature shows. "Not killing and not raping" isn't the default mode for people, we made it that way.
    Uhh, okay... STAY AWAY FROM ME OR I CALL POLICE!!!!

    You really think that killing humans is the default for humans? Do you have any sources to back that up? It's not impossible, but I find it rather unlikely. For example, how would you explain soldiers suffering from post-traumatic syndromes because they killed people even though they knew it was going to happen because it's part of their job? Also, as a child, I would never have thought of murder as even a possibility that would exist (but perhaps that's just me, in which case I will be scared out of my mind lol).

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Have you met my wife? She would tear your liver out.
    Lmao
    Statistically, though, there are much more male murderers than female ones.

    https://healthresearchfunding.org/5-...rs-statistics/
  33. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Your favourite flags

    Thread Author:Ganelon

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    20
    Views
    498

    ►►Re: Your favourite flags◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    Sicily were on some good shit when they made theirs

    Hey, that's a ripoff of the Man flag!
  34. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:What's up?

    Thread Author:Muso

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    15
    Views
    356

    ►►Re: What's up?◄◄

    I thought you were a noob. And then I saw your medal.

    GLORY TO MUSO THE ANCIENT


    Also, to answer your question, > is not up, it's right, and right was wrong.
  35. ►►Re: twitch user suing the platform over suggestive content put out by women◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    Woah woah woah hold up you can get necrosis from masturbating too much??? What kind of sick world is this
    (since the fleshlight is electrical and also vibrates)

    I don't know, this looks similar to the post in your signature in a way lol
  36. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Your favourite flags

    Thread Author:Ganelon

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    20
    Views
    498

    ►►Re: Your favourite flags◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I didn't realize you were a terrorist
    aamirus, thou who has access to this, UNBAN *****

    YOU ARE OUR LAST HOPE JAR JAR

    HELP US

    LIBERATE THE WORLD

    H A I L H Y D R A ! ! ! !
  37. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:SC2Mafia Tells A Story

    Thread Author:rumox

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    222
    Views
    12,205

    ►►Re: SC2Mafia Tells A Story◄◄

    Naz goes to Chick-fil-A and always orders the #1 chicken menu, with extra fries. Soon, Rachyl feasted ravenously on mustard, satiating his unending lust for furries. Watching Jesus as he devoured the jar, OzyWho scum-painted everyone for just writing nonsense like sensible remarks. Suddenly, Frinckles leaves. He burns his balls on purpose out of some spiteful time-wasting-urge because he is very masochistic. Unfortunately he didn't keep photos of naz cock-destroying Jesus. Blinkskater cheats whenever he snorts squirrel-cocaine which makes the godfather look lustily big-tiddied. Mesk takes the test upon melting into semen bathwater. Salmon carry butter for their gay overlord, Leonardo DiCaprio. Magoroth fell into the deep jungle. Efekannn02 thinks ten tackles are kinky enough to catch aamirus red-handed. Fred enters his BASEMENT dungeon carrying aamirus. There, Distorted disgustingly pooped his great big baby, MARSHMALLOWMARSHALL. Distorted went to the city to buy


    Jeff enters Obama non-consensually. Raegan writes Franklin a letter depicting the porn-scene wherein Frinckles professed himself. ASSociation of Ponies in Distorted's BIG commandment of CLAPPING buttchecks which keep alerting all the guards. Down Capitalists. Upon Distorted the Adhocrat who shits upon

    do your civic duty Maggots UWU, fight Distorted right up the ass for

    NECRO REEEEEstart
  38. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Your favourite flags

    Thread Author:Ganelon

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    20
    Views
    498

    ►►Re: Your favourite flags◄◄

    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/nH...RZrQ_FB3GvlWgw

    HAIL
  39. ►►Re: SIGNUPS: New Players of the Summer 2020 S-FM ???◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Dallarian View Post
    I used to like you.
  40. ►►Re: SIGNUPS: New Players of the Summer 2020 S-FM ???◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    No. kys x2
    Then I must consider this an act of treason.



    I'm sorry, Banana. You left me no choice.
  41. ►►Re: SIGNUPS: New Players of the Summer 2020 S-FM ???◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Yes. kys.
    But aren't you our red knight? :[
  42. ►►Re: SIGNUPS: New Players of the Summer 2020 S-FM ???◄◄

    Also, is it bad that I always read "SIGNUPS: New Players of the..." as "SIGNUPS: New Players of the world, unite!"?
  43. ►►Re: SIGNUPS: New Players of the Summer 2020 S-FM ???◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by bakermir View Post
    2 hours left..


    If there are any mentoRs available, I would like one.


    I am in both SC2 mafia discord and also this games server

    bakermir#9640


    I can do that
  44. Replies
    802
    Views
    9,802

    ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    IMO only racists and smoothbrains say that the Confederacy was about state rights or whatever. The VP of the Confederacy had an entire speech about slavery: https://iowaculture.gov/history/educ...eech-alexander

    "[I]ts foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests upon the great truth, that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery—subordination to the superior race—is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth."
    Or at least people who don't care at all about racism (or rather "applied racism" and slavery), which isn't really better than racism itself, so... more or less, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    also how can you say that black people are inferior when you permanently look like you died 5 days ago lmao

    Spoiler : image :
    This is not so relevant to the debate lol, but it's quite funny
  45. Replies
    802
    Views
    9,802

    ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    If there's a statue of Robert E. Lee somewhere in a public space for "commemorating a great historical man who is a model for society", which there very probably is, off with its head, definetly. That stuff belongs in a museum to preserve history without glorifying persons directly associated and known mostly for slavery and for its defense. However...
    Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    Mag....have u looked at them?
    That is a celebration of Lincoln's abolition of slavery... it depicts a reality: slaves who were under their masters, and then Lincoln giving them freedom (yes, that is a very pompous and propangandist sentence, but it's still exactly what this statue represents). It's not glorifying slavery, it's glorifying its ABOLITION, and that is definetly something worth glorifying. It may not have been perfect, but it was a pretty damn good improvement.

    ~~

    As for "confederates are not racist", uhm, sorry, they are. Perhaps a reminder of the Declaration of Causes of Seceding States would be useful...
    Spoiler : Declaration of independence of Mississippi :
    Mississippi

    A Declaration of the Immediate Causes which Induce and Justify the Secession of the State of Mississippi from the Federal Union.

    In the momentous step which our State has taken of dissolving its connection with the government of which we so long formed a part, it is but just that we should declare the prominent reasons which have induced our course.

    Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin. That we do not overstate the dangers to our institution, a reference to a few facts will sufficiently prove.

    The hostility to this institution commenced before the adoption of the Constitution, and was manifested in the well-known Ordinance of 1787, in regard to the Northwestern Territory.

    The feeling increased, until, in 1819-20, it deprived the South of more than half the vast territory acquired from France.

    The same hostility dismembered Texas and seized upon all the territory acquired from Mexico.

    It has grown until it denies the right of property in slaves, and refuses protection to that right on the high seas, in the Territories, and wherever the government of the United States had jurisdiction.

    It refuses the admission of new slave States into the Union, and seeks to extinguish it by confining it within its present limits, denying the power of expansion.

    It tramples the original equality of the South under foot.

    It has nullified the Fugitive Slave Law in almost every free State in the Union, and has utterly broken the compact which our fathers pledged their faith to maintain.

    It advocates negro equality, socially and politically, and promotes insurrection and incendiarism in our midst.

    It has enlisted its press, its pulpit and its schools against us, until the whole popular mind of the North is excited and inflamed with prejudice.

    It has made combinations and formed associations to carry out its schemes of emancipation in the States and wherever else slavery exists.

    It seeks not to elevate or to support the slave, but to destroy his present condition without providing a better.

    It has invaded a State, and invested with the honors of martyrdom the wretch whose purpose was to apply flames to our dwellings, and the weapons of destruction to our lives.

    It has broken every compact into which it has entered for our security.

    It has given indubitable evidence of its design to ruin our agriculture, to prostrate our industrial pursuits and to destroy our social system.

    It knows no relenting or hesitation in its purposes; it stops not in its march of aggression, and leaves us no room to hope for cessation or for pause.

    It has recently obtained control of the Government, by the prosecution of its unhallowed schemes, and destroyed the last expectation of living together in friendship and brotherhood.

    Utter subjugation awaits us in the Union, if we should consent longer to remain in it. It is not a matter of choice, but of necessity. We must either submit to degradation, and to the loss of property worth four billions of money, or we must secede from the Union framed by our fathers, to secure this as well as every other species of property. For far less cause than this, our fathers separated from the Crown of England.

    Our decision is made. We follow their footsteps. We embrace the alternative of separation; and for the reasons here stated, we resolve to maintain our rights with the full consciousness of the justice of our course, and the undoubting belief of our ability to maintain it.

    Whoever supports that cause cannot be anything but racist, or at least completely uncaring about people being literally ENSLAVED, treated as PROPERTIES only because of their origins, which isn't exactly better.
  46. ►►Re: SIGNUPS: New Players of the Summer 2020 S-FM ???◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I think @SuperJack is a recruiting god and I’m scared of what will happen if he joins an mlm pyramid scheme
    Indeed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    @Frinckles Could you also teach me why I somehow have 2 more "Rep Power" than you lol; given that you were at the Champs I highly doubt I should have more "Rep Power" than you, especially as someone new to FM. Because otherwise, I don't know what Rep Power is, and what it is for.
    You know "love, life and the mysteries of the universe"? Well, this goes into "the mysteries of the universe". If anyone knows how rep power magically appears, it'd be nice to share your holy knowledge with us lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    He abuses his rep so it was nerfed.
    FAKE NEWS

    TOWN TAKEOVER
    TOWN TAKEOVER
    TOWN TAKEOVER
  47. Replies
    802
    Views
    9,802

    ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    I think its a bit disingenuous to say the civil war wasn't only about slavery. Sure some other elements were at play but they are all either directly or indirectly linked to slavery. Who do you think worked the agriculture sectors? Why do you think the south were upset over the northerners (abolitionists) making claims to new territory gains? Why do you think the final nail was the election of Abraham Lincoln?

    It's all linked to slavery. The fruits of the labor from slaves, the tradition of owning slaves, the battle to determine the survival of slavery itself.
    https://www.battlefields.org/learn/p...eceding-states

    Here's rather clear and direct evidence for anyone who would be contradicting Rumox there lmao

    ~~

    Source for Ganelon about Canadian gender law thingy: https://sds.utoronto.ca/blog/bill-c-1...ronoun-misuse/

    ~~

    I love politics, but please keep it nice, everyone. Rules still apply ;)
  48. ►►Re: SIGNUPS: New Players of the Summer 2020 S-FM ???◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash Lael View Post
    Hi MM! I played in game 8 (the cancelled game), which you probably missed because it started after and finished before yours.

    I was also a lonely voice in spec chat loudly insisting that you were town and SilverKeith was the wolf in g7.
    The game with a lot of hype!!!!!!!!!! I didn't have time to read games sadly, but hopefully I have some to spare at some point lol. And good job. "Say SK scum"

    If you have questions or need help with something, feel free to ask!
  49. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:My name

    Thread Author:Ganelon

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    22
    Views
    1,205

    ►►Re: My name◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    COMBINE THE NAMES. CREATE THE ULTIMATE NAME

    Gannomagoroth

    Magoganelon

    Maggen

    Gannoth
    *pings fred*

    =)

    (=
  50. ►►Re: SIGNUPS: New Players of the Summer 2020 S-FM ???◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash Lael View Post
    Hi, I owe Frinckles a game here because I lost a bet to him at mafia champs. Just signalling my availability if he wants me to join this one.
    Haha, welcome! Did you play in the champs, and where, if I may ask?
Results 1 to 50 of 500
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4