Search Results - SC2 Mafia
Register

Search:

Type: Posts; User: OzyWho

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 0.14 seconds.

  1. Forum:News

    Thread:Discord Mafia Group!

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    33
    Views
    555

    ►►Re: Discord Mafia Group!◄◄

    Nobody remembers the very early days when Barcraft (the SC2 version of 'Bang!') rivaled -Mafia- in terms of social deduction game?
  2. Forum:News

    Thread:Discord Mafia Group!

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    33
    Views
    555

    ►►Re: Discord Mafia Group!◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    The only genuinely good arcade games that are still alive are Parasite and Mafia. The rest is either uninteresting or dead.
    Pretty sure Zealot Hockey still has yearly draft league on both - NA and EU - servers, with 100+ members each. (though it's a very private community)
    TD maps Squadron TD and Mines and Magic still have regular competitive tournaments.
    I'm willing to bet Desert Strike is the same. At the very least, inter-clan skirmishes.
    Probes vs Zealots I imagine could still have a competitive community, but not sure maybe it's dead
    Ice Baneling Escape still has speedrun records getting broken, though I agree the game is largely dead. If the Koreans ever manage to break a record, the westerners will be sure to come out of hyberbation though.

    Idk what you mean by uninteresting and dead tbh. Like take Starjeweled for example: sure, it looks dead publicly, but if you're into it then you'd have a good handful of people to challenge. There's many small little private communities like that.
  3. Forum:News

    Thread:Discord Mafia Group!

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    33
    Views
    555

    ►►Re: Discord Mafia Group!◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    Your lists are missing photon discs and bomberman :P
    Idk photon discs, but the bomberbot version of bomberman has about 100x more reviews than bomberman arena so I'll assume it's better.

    This list didn't matter tbh. They couldn't get enough players for almost any of these games to be fun, not to mention that most aren't interested in SC2 Arcade nights - they rather play a game night on Steam.
  4. Replies
    11
    Views
    137

    ►►Re: Why Spy is the worst role in the game◄◄

    Never played ToS, certainly haven't read about their development.
  5. Replies
    23
    Views
    228

    ►►Re: The End of the 72222 Experiment Results.◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by LagAttack View Post
    The game looks like it's already full and also starting in a few days, I'm going to be increasingly busy during that time so it's best I not sign up for it anyway. Although I have been eyeing Auwt's open 14p game... will consider signing up for that one once it becomes more clear when it will start!
    I have a strong hunch that one of them has long forgotten about the game. It's also the one we have no idea how to contact.
  6. Replies
    11
    Views
    137

    ►►Re: Why Spy is the worst role in the game◄◄

    I have read this before. I feel like I have read this before. Have I read this before?

    I don't remember a game with the Mafia/Triad actually using the Night Chat, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was because of Spy.

    But it has to be said though. The night is how long? 20 seconds? 30? I don't believe there'd suddenly be impactful interactions between the Mafias if Spy got removed or lost the ability to read night chat - just because of how short the nights are.
    GF being able to fake a detective claim because of Agent would be nice though.

    I think there'd be no harm in giving people the option to disable the Spy's ability to read night chat?

    Tbh, I'm curious if @Elixir has a comment on this.
  7. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:UWU

    Thread Author:theoneceko

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    23
    Views
    274

    ►►Re: UWU◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I can't be my own favourite player. That would be narcissism, in spite of it being true. xD
    Closer to egomania than narcissism tbh, or arrogance in case the belief is unjustified and held under false pretenses.

    Maybe egomania, maybe arrogance. But for narcissism, imho, you need more than just that.
  8. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:UWU

    Thread Author:theoneceko

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    23
    Views
    274

    ►►Re: UWU◄◄

    You good player what you mean
  9. Replies
    23
    Views
    228

    ►►Re: The End of the 72222 Experiment Results.◄◄

    Cult roles shouldn't exist in any form of Mafia games..
  10. Forum:Signups

    Thread:S-FM 326: Matrix6 (9P)

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    51
    Views
    1,657

    ►►Re: S-FM 326: Matrix6 (9P)◄◄

    @Oberon
  11. Forum:Signups

    Thread:S-FM 326: Matrix6 (9P)

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    51
    Views
    1,657

    ►►Re: S-FM 326: Matrix6 (9P)◄◄

    @PQRnHack
    @Numbertwo
    @Frinckles
    @Auwt
    @RG Brownie
    @Ganelon
    @Marshmallow Marshall

    Many of you have been signed up for over a month now. I need you to confirm that you still remember about this game and are willing to play.

    Roles cards will be sent out after this timer expires, if everyone has confirmed before then:
    [ECOUNTDOWN]04:10:36:00[/ECOUNTDOWN]
  12. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Communicating is tough

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    1
    Views
    65

    ►►Re: Communicating is tough◄◄

    In essence, all this is just about the difficulty of writing something comprehensible.

    This isn't even touching the difficulties of live communication.

    This isn't even touching on the importance of effective listening. (Well..a little it does..)

    Communication is tough.
    Hence the famous saying: "Everyone's stupid except me!"
  13. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Communicating is tough

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    1
    Views
    65

    ►►Communicating is tough◄◄

    I tried to make an intro and a title that'd make this whole thread look coherent, instead of what it actually is - random things in my head that I want to connect together somehow. I think I succeeded?

    Putting yourself in the shoes of others

    We tend to explain our own behavior based on our external environment, but when we explain the behavior of others, we talk about their internal traits (Attribution Bias).
    For example, if I honk my car horn, it's because someone cut me off; if you honk your car horn, it's because you're a jerk. This is not fair to you, but I don't see it from your perspective. I see it from my perspective.
    (Terrible example tbh)

    When you're an expert, and you have to explain the same thing again and again, you're naturally biased to think that everyone is stupid except you.
    For example, customer service or being the IT guy.

    Importance of Simplification

    When you write something, it's difficult to be sure that what you're saying is clear. This is because your mind knows and remembers what you meant to say, so it will fill in any gaps or correct any mistakes along the way.

    Text filled with long, obscure or overly formal words take longer for a reader to decode and can sound pompous or stilted.

    Sometimes we inadvertently write sentences that can be interpreted in more than one way. When something's written in simple manner, there's less chance for ambiguity.

    If your text is not concise the reader can lose track before reaching the end and can have a harder time deciphering the elaborate vocabulary. Breaking the content down into smaller parts can help them follow along; simpler wording can help understanding it better.

    Famous quotes:
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
  14. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:Create SuperJack a Bio

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    23
    Views
    269

    ►►Re: Create SuperJack a Bio◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Idk my bio is just gonna be something dumb and simple. Just gonna say I got into Arcade Mafia first and later started playing FM and now I like it or something
    You aren't even gonna mention that you "had to walk fifteen miles to school in the snow! Barefoot! Uphill! Both ways!" ?
  15. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:Create SuperJack a Bio

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    23
    Views
    269

    ►►Re: Create SuperJack a Bio◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    "X is scummy for not providing a bio" was actually said in game 7 last year, or something along those lines lol
    those are provided pre-game, im sure it was joke. :-)
  16. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:The future "racism"

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    120
    Views
    1,684

    ►►Re: The future "racism"◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    we don't really know what causes mental disorder
    There are some known causes ftr.
    Taking valproate in combination with other antiepileptic drugs while pregnant is almost guaranteed the child to be autistic.
  17. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Blizzlol

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    2
    Views
    71

    ►►Blizzlol◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    We've also just been made Aware of blizzards new custom map policy in war3 reforged. If we were to even think about making anything for that platform, not only would blizzard get exclusive ownership of it but we'd get banned for using 3rd party ip anyway.

    The new new policy is definitely designed because blizzard are still super angry that dota and the multi billion dollar moba market started in their game and they got fuck all from it - even losing the naming lawsuit against valve. As far as we know this only applies to reforged and can't be really retroactively applied to sc - but it's something to keep an eye on
    I think it's funny that this change didn't even help Blizzard.
    Element TD is now available on Steam - yet Blizzard get none of it even though it was originally a WC3 map.
  18. Replies
    6
    Views
    136

    ►►Re: I just noticed a fake mafia custom game appeared...◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Last time this happened multiple people reported the map as stolen and it got a long term issue 'hacker' main account perma banned from Blizzard. I am not sure how things have changed in recent years but they do take the idea of reposting maps a little too seriously. I had a friend get permission to Xpost a map from NA to EU from the dev and he got perma banned from EU for doing so.

    Long story short- Report the map and shit will probably happen.

    -edit
    make sure to mention it was taken without the developers permission and tell others who take issue with the lobby splits to report it as well.
    If blizzard cares about SC2 so little as to announce that there will never be any new for-purchase content, do you think they'd care enough to ban someone for map stealing?
  19. Replies
    6
    Views
    136

    ►►Re: I just noticed a fake mafia custom game appeared...◄◄

    Who knows how many years that map has been around..
  20. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:Create SuperJack a Bio

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    23
    Views
    269

    ►►Re: Create SuperJack a Bio◄◄

    SJ is best described by this quote from the movie Goodfellas: "Your murderers come with smiles. They come as your friends, the people who have cared for you all of your life, and they always seem to come at a time when you're at your weakest and most in need of their help."
  21. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:Create SuperJack a Bio

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    23
    Views
    269

    ►►Re: Create SuperJack a Bio◄◄

    I don't know SJ that well but I heard that his ancestors came from the planet Wolfhaven for reasons that have been long lost to the tides of History.
    It's said that each night SJ turns into a wolf and, together with the other descendents of Wolfhavenies, mauls a villager for a snack? Don't listen to rumors.
  22. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:Create SuperJack a Bio

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    23
    Views
    269

    ►►Re: Create SuperJack a Bio◄◄

    Write back "this is too much work I didn't sign up for this!"
    Tbh, I don't think anyone actually reads those. Have you seen them? It feels like forever just to scroll past them and it's always a nuisance.
  23. Forum:Forum Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Let's challenge SSCU Trench Wars

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    2
    Views
    62

    ►►Let's challenge SSCU Trench Wars◄◄

    Reading through some of "SSCU Trench Wars Forums" mafia championship invitation thread, I get the notion that they seem to think that they're the most let's say 'free spirited' community if you catch my drift.

    @Marshmallow Marshall
    Would it be possible for us to get together a dream team with people like PTB, Bruno, Banana - and all that good stuff - and pay them a visit on the purpose of challenging them who's more toxic?

    Our identity as a community is at stake!

    /s
  24. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:"Scientists" though

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    19
    Views
    286

    ►►Re: "Scientists" though◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    u hate emojis too?

    ANTI-MOJI GANG. UWOWU HEWWO!!!
  25. ►►Re: MafiaUniverse's Mafia Championship, Season 8 - Nominations (vote here!)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Interesting
    What is?
  26. ►►Re: MafiaUniverse's Mafia Championship, Season 8 - Nominations (vote here!)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Interesting.
    What is?
  27. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:The future "racism"

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    120
    Views
    1,684

    ►►Re: The future "racism"◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    The way you asked that question implied to me you think people with autism can't (internally and externally) navigate a social interaction normally, ever. This is simply not true, I say this because it seems like you do actually believe this.
    You yourself made it sound like autism is non-existent in certain situations for autistic people.

    You're talking different things tbh.
  28. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:The future "racism"

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    120
    Views
    1,684

    ►►Re: The future "racism"◄◄

    @rumox
    Could you provide a source that supports for your claims?
    I googled autism triggers, but I only found things that can trigger someone autistic to become agressive or anxious.
  29. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:The future "racism"

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    120
    Views
    1,684

    ►►Re: The future "racism"◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    but if we expand your line of thought, then perhaps nobody is "disordered" and everybody is normal.
    Like #53?
  30. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:The future "racism"

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    120
    Views
    1,684

    ►►Re: The future "racism"◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    What are you trying to say?
    I think he meant to say that there's some people in this thread, not including Martin, that fall under the "neurodivergent" category.
    Though I'm not sure about the implied amount - wether it's plural or singular - due to both forms being present in his sentence.
  31. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:The future "racism"

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    120
    Views
    1,684

    ►►Re: The future "racism"◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I kinda wanna delete everything I posted bc I was drunk and don't remember typing it lol
    Isn't it a bit early to be drunk?
  32. Forum:Serious Discussion & Debate

    Thread:Lottocracy

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    20
    Views
    206

    ►►Re: Lottocracy◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Probably
    I doubt it's something that could be done in next couple of centuries. Call me pessimistic, but maybe not even within the current millennium?
    The great filter will kill us before the great AI overlord saves us.
  33. Forum:Serious Discussion & Debate

    Thread:Lottocracy

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    20
    Views
    206

    ►►Re: Lottocracy◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Realistic questions regarding practicality aside;

    How do you suppose a computer, presuming there was no error in rationality by the very humans that built it, would resolve ethics? Would ethics even exist in its perspective? After all, ethics is about what "should" be; per some (moral or not) justification by a human being.

    Furthermore, regardless of the answers to the questions before-hand, wouldn't these questions by themselves necessarily suggest that an AI ruler, even if perfect in its attributes, would be unfit to rule and lead humanity simply because it is obviously not human nor is evolved to be human in the way that human reasoning has become?
    Fair, let humans judge humans.
    But economics and stuff leave to the AI. That part can be done by just math? Also, it'll probably find the best usage/choice of technology for the longevity of the planet, environment and energy resources.
  34. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:The future "racism"

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    120
    Views
    1,684

    ►►Re: The future "racism"◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I guess that's true. There are other kinds of abnormality though, more useful than having a disorder of some kind
    Nothing wrong with having a disorder, but I feel like nowadays a lot of people go out of their way to be "abnormal" in any way they can - because they can't be interesting as they are.
    Why would they want to be interesting?
    I'd imagine most introverts don't want too much attention to them.
  35. Forum:Serious Discussion & Debate

    Thread:Lottocracy

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    20
    Views
    206

    ►►Re: Lottocracy◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    I'm talking foreign policy, trade deals, etc. No country will ever make any agreements with a country with this type of lottocracy policy because at any moment some guy could come in who decides to tear everything up for any reason. When dealing with other countries, you'll only get the worst possible deal no matter how competent your current leader or decision maker is because the next guy could nullify what you agreed on and you have no guarantee that won't happen.
    Ahh, googling trade deals found some example:
    "China agreed to buy the goods in a trade deal with the US agreed last January in exchange for reduced tariffs on $120bn worth of goods. The agreement was seen as phase one of a deal aimed at resolving the trade war between the world's biggest economies."

    Lol, coming from a very very small country - I'm pretty sure stuff like that doesn't exist in our country.
  36. Forum:Serious Discussion & Debate

    Thread:Lottocracy

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    20
    Views
    206

    ►►Re: Lottocracy◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    No, they didn't.

    This is probably not a very smart question, but could you give an example of what you mean?
    I googled "how do governments work together" - and I only found explanations of how federal, state and local governments work together.

    I think this could be a big problem for Europe though because of the European Union.
    But I don't think it's that much of an issue for the United States since the US is basically one big country.

    When you say governments of different countries working together, I'm uneducated enough to not know what you mean tbh.
    Other than EU and military alliance like NATO ofc.
    That tongue is def out of place.. I didn't mean it like how it looks lol
  37. Forum:Serious Discussion & Debate

    Thread:Lottocracy

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    20
    Views
    206

    ►►Re: Lottocracy◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Maybe in the future we'll let AI rule. That way we won't need to worry about stupid shit like some dude wanting more money and getting elected just to fill his own pockets.
    If not, at the very least, maybe we can become a computer hivemind and hold a massive telepathic conference every X years to debate important issues and decide on laws.
    Given the option, I'd be the first to give my consensus to the idea.

    But tbh, for that idea to anywhere realistic - I think the server would have to be the size of a big city?
  38. Forum:Serious Discussion & Debate

    Thread:Lottocracy

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    20
    Views
    206

    ►►Re: Lottocracy◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    I don't feel like watching the video right now, but do they address how foreign policy will work under this system? I can see that as being a major problem. Other governments will not work with a country if that country could decide to tear up all agreements and treaties based on some weirdo randomly getting chosen.
    No, they didn't.

    This is probably not a very smart question, but could you give an example of what you mean?
    I googled "how do governments work together" - and I only found explanations of how federal, state and local governments work together.

    I think this could be a big problem for Europe though because of the European Union.
    But I don't think it's that much of an issue for the United States since the US is basically one big country.

    When you say governments of different countries working together, I'm uneducated enough to not know what you mean tbh.
    Other than EU and military alliance like NATO ofc.
  39. Forum:Serious Discussion & Debate

    Thread:Lottocracy

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    20
    Views
    206

    ►►Lottocracy◄◄

    Lottocracy is a recommended new form of government at the near end of this video: vsauce video (like, that's nearly the whole point of the 30min video)

    The idea is that it's a form of government where decisions are made not by elected leaders but by people chosen, literally, at random. Individuals chosen at random would have only their conscience to guide them more so than the politicians today - who have a power, money, reelection bias.
    Obv it'll never happen. If nothing else - those at power would never let it. Or so I assume so.

    After watching the video, to me, people's ability to reason is now looking bleak. A change like that or another seems necessary in order to reduce our inherit human flaws? I rather be on a boat with an inexperienced captain than on a boat who's captain has a fetish to slam into icebergs. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    There's also the suggestion of having a national deliberation day, where people get together in groups and deliberate. I'd personally like that one tbh. Otherwise the societies progress stagnates due to our inability to truly reason on our own.
  40. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:"Scientists" though

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    19
    Views
    286

    ►►Re: "Scientists" though◄◄

    @Helz
    You never visit circlejerk
    The damn French made me put half an effort into this quick thread already, so might as well invite you for a visit. :/
  41. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:"Scientists" though

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    19
    Views
    286

    ►►Re: "Scientists" though◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Yea but you're not getting any links, I can't find any. That's what I was taught
    My man, go disprove that there is a flying space dick on the other side of Jupiter always hiding from us. No links? That's what I thought
  42. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:"Scientists" though

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    19
    Views
    286

    ►►Re: "Scientists" though◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    that's called illiteracy


    Was the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis disproven? I wasn't aware. Any links?
    For it to get disproven, it'd have to be proven first.


    But, sure, here's one.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hopi_time_controversy
    Though I guess it doesn't disprove his idea, only that his premise for his example was wrong.

    The thing is, that the hypothesis has been very elusive to prove.
    -The Russian language indicates future tense mostly via context and it's been argued that it's why they're often late (are they?). Yet the same can be said about the Japanese language and you'd hardly say the same about the Japanese.
    -Every language has a lexical gap, but we'd hardly say about any of them that they are incapable of thinking that way. As a French speaker, how would you say "Your car is sticking out of the row" (Like when parked not fully in)? You have to talk around it because you have no noun for that - so are we to believe that the French can't perceive a badly parked car?
    -Many languages in the world have, when speaking about the past, something that can be described as an evidential marker. So when they say something about the past, their words directly show whether or not they themselves seen it. If we go by the Whorfian hypothesis - we must conclude that English speakers are not curious about sources of information or even have no notion of it.
    -Though maybe there's a point? Because here we have a French speaker asking me about the source, and, according to Journalist Mark Abley, it's because you have words savoir and connaître: "My language allows me, somewhat clumsily, to get the distinctions across: on the one hand, factual knowledge, on the other, acquaintanceship and understanding. But to a French speaker, that distinction is central to how the mind interacts with the world."
    -Mark Abley has also argued that the Algonquian language are less self-centered because some of them always put "you" first in sentences. He was disproven, same as Whorf with the Hoki.
    -The Mohawk has a word that means 3 things: beautiful, good, law - and it's been argued how it makes them different. Yet every language in the world has homonymies, and upon thinking about one's own language - people can realize that it's all bullocks. It's just disingenuous.

    This kinda of double standard of these "scientists" who are driven to prove that more exotic/foreign languages have some form of a better way of looking at the world or thinking, just because of their language, became very apparent when they reacted to Alfred Bloom's experiment. Alfred Bloom looked at the fact that Chinese don't have words that directly indicate hypotheticality and made an experiment that showed that the Chinese might have a slightly less alertness to hypotheticality. Him being right or wrong is beside the point. The main point is that the other scholars completely dismissed the very notion of allowing the mere possibility of the idea being right. History indicates that they would have the opposite reaction if Bloom made the case that it's the English speakers who are slightly less alert of hypotheticality.

    The thing is that this language and thought question is like the chicken and the egg question. People studying language history has shown that it's the culture that develops language, not the other way around. Other than the small differences shows by Neo-Whorfians, there has been no evidence of a difference in thinking between people of different languages that's directly linked the language difference instead of cultural.


    My specific source of information:
    https://www.amazon.com/Understanding.../dp/B07X9LBN9W
  43. ►►Re: MafiaUniverse's Mafia Championship, Season 8 - Nominations (vote here!)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    -vote MartinGG99
    SuperJack (10 [L-990]):
    Oberon, OzyWho, MartinGG99, Stealthbomber16, Auwt, Helz, Unknown1234, Frinckles, Varcron, theoneceko
    MartinGG99 (1 [L-999]):
    SuperJack
    Helz (1 [L-999]):
    blinkskater

    Your votes don't count.

    -vote MartinGG99
  44. ►►Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    The connection I make is that the message of racism promotes siding with democrats.
    I just thought this third quote by Dawkins to be a little related to what Helz said in the above quote due to the "exploited in politics" part.

    “Some men choose to identify as women, and some women choose to identify as men. You will be vilified if you deny that they literally are what they identify as. Discuss.”

    “I do not intend to disparage trans people. I see that my academic ‘Discuss’ question has been misconstrued as such and I deplore this.”

    “It was also not my intent to ally in any way with Republican bigots in US now exploiting this issue .”


    Does anyone know how exactly is it being exploited?
  45. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:The future "racism"

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    120
    Views
    1,684

    ►►Re: The future "racism"◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    One of the primary difficulties faced with people with high-functioning autism (or Asperger's syndrome in some cases) is that their base-line developmental effects are smaller but still in some ways noticeable.
    I'm sorry for this probably dumb looking question, but what is "base-line developmental effects"? That combination of words I don't understand, and I tried to google "autism base-line developmental effects" but to no avail.


    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    I personally experienced the negative effects of when most of my middle school staff didn't suspect nor take seriously my developmental disability, and while I could write paragraphs about my overall experience I'll just leave a small bit of evidence that I recall: An independent psychologist had evaluated me, and wrote to the school (for whatever reason(s)) advising that I shouldn't be forced to participate in Gym classes (As per the norm for Maryland schools).
    Tbh, at least over the written text - I would never had guessed that you have a, quote: "neurodevelopmental disorder characterized by significant difficulties in social interaction and nonverbal communication".
    I can't imagine how that'd change if I met you IRL. I'm curious if you can think of something that I'd notice if met you in person?


    Also, I can't imagine what does difficulty in social interaction have a do with the gym. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  46. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:The future "racism"

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    120
    Views
    1,684

    ►►Re: The future "racism"◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Also



    If you're asking if people in general will have biases against or for eachother for something or anything, then very likely yes.

    If you're asking if bias due to (specifically) neurodiversity or neurotypicality will happen, I'm not sure if we can say either way as sometimes it depends on the conditions themselves. For example, some aspects of cultures carry a passive stigma around having certain mental or health disabilities (or even for just visiting a therapist in general) and I'm not sure if they will go away any time immediately soon.
    I meant more in the realm of discrimination rather than biases.
    Though I'm now curious how will employer biases affect employee prospects.
  47. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:"Scientists" though

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    19
    Views
    286

    ►►Re: "Scientists" though◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    For something current? Quantum computing. Check out this publication from Scott Aaronson (one of the most cited and published authors in the field): https://scottaaronson.com/papers/qml.pdf

    It’s not that long and he does a good job avoiding overly technical terminology as best as possible.
    That's exactly it lol.
    Though it's sad that quantum computing ended up being over hyped, it sounded like something really cool and futuristic.

    But at least it's still good for some areas. The guy in the paper said it best: "Having spent half my
    life in quantum computing research, I still find it miraculous that the laws of quantum physics let us solve
    any classical problems exponentially faster than today’s computers seem able to solve them."
  48. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:"Scientists" though

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    19
    Views
    286

    ►►"Scientists" though◄◄

    For a very long time people tried their best to prove the controversial Sapir-Whorf hypothesis at any cost. Just because there's something attractive to the idea.

    Lots of great arguments from many many many languages had been put forward, all of which would look very convincing to someone who doesn't know better.
    (Neo-Whorfianists are at least proven though.)

    But this begs the question. In what other areas have scientists been full of it? For one, what about language history? If they can't not make biased random beautiful-looking conclusions about languages from today, what chances are there that they can be objective about long dead languages?
  49. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:The future "racism"

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    120
    Views
    1,684

    ►►Re: The future "racism"◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Maybe it's the diagnosis of autism that's changed, or rather, the threshold for getting diagnosed.
    Such a massive increase within not even a generation seems highly unlikely
    I agree. But I believe there's probably an increase nonetheless.
  50. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:ToS

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:OzyWho

    Replies
    22
    Views
    397

    ►►Re: ToS◄◄

    Tbh, I'd play mafia.gg over tos/tol/epicmafia. Though it's same as epicmafia but epicmafia is dead.
    The sc2 version over all of them though.
Results 1 to 50 of 2000
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4