Search Results - SC2 Mafia
Register

Search:

Type: Posts; User: rumox

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 0.17 seconds.

  1. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Home theatre setup question

    Thread Author:rumox

    Post Author:rumox

    Replies
    1
    Views
    63

    ►►Home theatre setup question◄◄

    i have a samsung q950t soundbar and a lg cx tv. the tv does not support DTS audio so I need a way to play my movies that have DTS audio without transcoding it. i want to know if the following setup will work

    nvidia shield -> soundbar -> (via earc) cx
    ps4 -> cx

    im hoping to play DTS content through the shield -> soundbar connection since they both support DTS. so im thinking that the shield sends the video and audio to the soundbar, then the video carries through the soundbar into the tv. the video being carried through the soundbar is where im not sure?
  2. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:Create SuperJack a Bio

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:rumox

    Replies
    23
    Views
    365

    ►►Re: Create SuperJack a Bio◄◄

    I am a polymath, with gaps of incredible ignorance. I was a freelance pianist for many years, and I have been a activist for world peace, protesting against nuclear weapons, and I have promoted my ideas for building spaceships in Africa, and, as a result of this beautiful adventure, saving hundreds of millions of children from starvation, due to the huge influx of money and skills into Africa. I have protested about the starvation of billions of African children , and I am quite obviously first and foremost a person who supports animal rights, although I do not approve of the existing animal rights groups. I believe in the fundamental right to freedom that all creatures have under God. I donít believe that any other rights exist beyond the right to freedom. Once they have their freedom, all creatures are liable to fend for themselves and whatever they make of their lives is up to them. I am probably the only animal rights activist who agrees with hunting. I see no reason to forbid hunting. Instead I am shocked and appalled by industrial animal farming. It is obscenely cruel.

    I know next to nothing about things like television programs and films and books, as I have lived a life that deprived me of any contact with those things for many years. However, I know quite a lot about classical music, and I know a little about Jazz, as I am very fond of Jazz music.

    For me things always seem to be very simple. For example, how do you get rid of the nuclear weapons ? Well the answer should be apparent. You dismantle them and drop the warheads into the deepest abysses in the oceans. Other people donít seem to understand the simple things. They understand complex things, sometimes. For my part, I am handicapped at mathematics, and I never managed to get past page 1 of volume 1 at school. But, I am very good at simple arithmetic, and I therefore have a clear idea of things in my soul. I always know that 1+1 = 2, and that 2+2 = 4 and that 4Ė1 = 3. Other people donít seem to have those simple notion installed inside their souls.

    I am a racist, in that I discriminate between different races of people, but I am not a negative person. I never discriminate against any particular race of people. Just as I never discriminate against any sort of creature. I can sit in my chair watching television with a fly sitting on my nose , without getting angry at all. I love flies, as they keep me company. I like to see animals indulge in their natural behaviour, and I donít like to see dogs on leads. I donít like to see domesticated animals at all. I feel sorry for them, and it makes me angry to see them in that state. Therefore, as the only creatures who will appear in their wild state inside a building will be insects, I welcome the company of those insects.

    As for the subject of racism, I sustain that there are only two types of people. Racists, and liars. I love pigeons, - they are racists. They don't keep company with swifts. And I love swifts, and they are racists as well. They don't keep company with pigeons. Itís perfectly normal to prefer the company of people who are similar to you.

    I sustain that humanity is severely ill. Most people are critically afflicted by feelings of hate, envy, and jealousy. That is a very serious illness indeed. Hate , envy and jealousy make life intolerable. Social relations are impossible when you are affected by emotions like that.

    I am a very clever pianist. I specialise in improvisations in the style of classical music, but I can also improvise in a jazzy style. For me music is the greatest thing of all, because when you play music , you never offend anybody. Music in fact, can bring together people who otherwise would never have anything to do with each other.

    I have a profound and intense love for my Mother Earth, and I have an intense desire to see the human species realise wonderful things. Itís been many thousands of years that they have been evolving, and now , in the 21st century, they possess all the material equipment that they need to construct a marvellous and just human society here on the Earth. Their only problem lies in their psychological problems. But, the problems are a throwback to their ancient years, when they were necessarily fighting among one another to build empires. Now, they can change psychically. It is only a question of wanting to.

    One of the most marvellous things for me is the bicycle. I spent many years cycling, and it gave my immense satisfaction, and it also reinforced me in a way that I was so much more resistant. Cycling reinforces both the body and the psyche. Riding up mountains strengthens your will.

    I am a pacific sort of person, who avoids conflicts at all costs. I make friends with all sorts of people, and I am not a hypocrite. I have been friends with ex-criminals, and I have been friends with rich people, people from the nobility, very poor people, middle class people, and I have no problems at all with mixing with all sorts of people. I never cancel a friendship. If I am friends with somebody, and he is a criminal, then I am always friends with him, whatever. I have even conversed with a vivisectionist. That is a very difficult thing for me, but I can do it.

    I believe in the power of intelligence. I long for the time when intelligence will prevail. The bad people in the world are the weak people. They are those who cannot resist to the Devilís influence. I hope that the time will come when the bad people, who are so many, will have no more power. There are people who have considerable power who I admire. But, their power is occluded by the masses of bad people here on the Earth.

    In my life, I have nearly always concentrated on the present and the future. I am a science fiction fanatic, and when I was a young boy, I read all the science fiction books in the school library. I like any sort of literature that projects me into the future in my imagination. Thinking about the past is part of the illness that human beings have at the moment. It is a waste of time to think about the past, and people will have to realise that.

    When people wrong me, I donít normally react. I read the entire New Testament when I was a child, and apart from the beautiful parables, the one important thing that I learned was to forgive your enemy always. Your enemy is his own worst enemy. Feelings like rancour hurt yourself, and not your enemy. Loving oneís enemy is the most intelligent thing that one can do.

    I am selfish. I think about myself most of the time. This is important. Nobody else is going to spend their time having wonderful thoughts about you. So, you must think about yourself, and not about others.
  3. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:The future "racism"

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:rumox

    Replies
    129
    Views
    2,055

    ►►Re: The future "racism"◄◄

    Also there is a difference between consistent and persistent.
  4. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:The future "racism"

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:rumox

    Replies
    129
    Views
    2,055

    ►►Re: The future "racism"◄◄

    The way you asked that question implied to me you think people with autism can't (internally and externally) navigate a social interaction normally, ever. This is simply not true, I say this because it seems like you do actually believe this.
  5. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:The future "racism"

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:rumox

    Replies
    129
    Views
    2,055

    ►►Re: The future "racism"◄◄

    My claim that autistic people can be triggered to 'lash out'? My brother. You could be having a normal conversation with him, but if you slip in the word 'ants' he would freak the fuck out quite unreasonably. Interestingly enough this longer triggers him, he doesn't even bat an eye to it anymore. Another example is the one I said before. A kid would be talking (not normally, but that's irrelevant), however if there were too many people around him he wouldn't say a single word, ever.

    I'm not saying a normal person can be triggered to be autistic if that's what you think I am putting forward?
  6. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:The future "racism"

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:rumox

    Replies
    129
    Views
    2,055

    ►►Re: The future "racism"◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Have you ever met an autistic person that understood social interaction?
    The fact that you even put this question forward is a very good indication you simply do not grasp the concept of what the autism spectrum is.
  7. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:The future "racism"

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:rumox

    Replies
    129
    Views
    2,055

    ►►Re: The future "racism"◄◄

    And the point of my example was the kid had something trigger him. Your post where you said your inability to read social queues comes and goes implies this is inconsistent behavior. What I am putting forward is perhaps, hypothetically speaking if you are autistic, you also have your own trigger you do not realize which makes your inability to read social queues seem like it "comes an goes" or in other words seem inconsistent. This is why I said my previous post, because this is literally an example of my brother. His symptoms come and go, and its a constant battle to identify what triggers him and how to resolve/deal with it.

    Autistic people can in fact be incredibly normal for a good portion of time.
  8. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:The future "racism"

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:rumox

    Replies
    129
    Views
    2,055

    ►►Re: The future "racism"◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Autism is inborn, and doesn't change. Trigger points or not, it's not like an autistic person is gonna be autistic only half the time. If they are then they're not autistic.
    Autism causes a fundamental lack of understanding of social interaction. It's not like you can understand it from time to time. You either do or don't.

    Your coworker's friend probably displayed signs of autism constantly, not just when he had meltdowns. That's just when they became especially visible.
    I'll be real this just makes me think you have no idea what you are talking about and just pulling this out of your ass on the fly, let alone understand what a person with autism is like. My lived experience with a brother who is autistic, as well as a close family friend with an autistic child contradicts this entire post. This notion of someone being autistic means that they have X symptoms across the board consistently is just plain wrong. Autism is not that rigid.
  9. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:The future "racism"

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:rumox

    Replies
    129
    Views
    2,055

    ►►Re: The future "racism"◄◄

    What makes you think that? Do you know every single person on the spectrum?
  10. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:The future "racism"

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:rumox

    Replies
    129
    Views
    2,055

    ►►Re: The future "racism"◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    the effects shouldn't change from time to time - they should be permanent, with perhaps minor variation.
    Everyone has their own trigger points, hypothetically speaking if you are on the spectrum you simply may not realize yours which makes it seem inconsistent.

    Example: Coworkers friends kid is on the spectrum. Speaks very erratically (fast, ever changing the topic, etc) yet sometimes he just completely shuts down and goes silent. Seeing this happen without knowledge of his trigger would make this sudden change seem inconsistent, however this kids trigger was the amount of people around him. If there was 7 or so or more people in the room he would shut down completely.
  11. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:The future "racism"

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:rumox

    Replies
    129
    Views
    2,055

    ►►Re: The future "racism"◄◄

    Autistic people should absolutely not be categorized together. Sure as an all-encompassing label, but it's such a vast and nuanced neurological condition it's just downright retarded. The only way "Autism is a functional category" has any real world use is as a general descriptor of someone on the spectrum, that's it.
  12. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Buying Safemoon

    Thread Author:Helz

    Post Author:rumox

    Replies
    9
    Views
    181

    ►►Re: Buying Safemoon◄◄

    sounds unsafe
  13. Replies
    6
    Views
    198

    ►►Re: can jailor's execution blocked by escort?◄◄

    Use the proper wiki https://sc2mafia.com/wiki/Jailor
  14. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:Theoretically speaking

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:rumox

    Replies
    13
    Views
    315

    [User Interface] ►►Re: Theoretically speaking◄◄

    Why
  15. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Claiming a role on the stand

    Thread Author:Veliaire

    Post Author:rumox

    Replies
    13
    Views
    584

    ►►Re: Claiming a role on the stand◄◄

    For Mafia to be played optimally, even in the fringe cases where risky gambits are made, people need to have humility to realize they have exhausted their method of approach and try to rectify their position before they ruin/hamper their chance or their teams chance at winning by continuing it further. It's just easier to just throw your hands up and say "fuck it, this is on you not me" rather than taking the initiative and push for a better outcome. Even if it doesn't work, at least you tried. This attitude transcends Mafia into every day life for probably everyone at some point so it makes sense it appears in Mafia. In a game where the method of winning is to lynch people, giving people a reason to lynch you and not fighting against it is very much a game-throw/griefing situation that people are pretty lucky is loosely enforced.

    Using your example Veliaire of being Vigilante and being called out by an Executioner, if you were to be like "I'm not giving you my role, but I can prove myself if you let me live at least until tomorrow" I would personally consider that fine because you are protecting your role (a fair position to take) but also offering players a compromise for not revealing your role right there and then. At least you are doing something, rather than just rolling over and taking the lynch. But then playing optimal comes in and it throws ??? everywhere. Arcade players take the path of less resistance, aka the easiest way to play so for the most part and I feel I can confidently say that 3/4 of the time if they do let you live, you are probably going to have invest roles check you so they can be sure (wasted check in most scenarios), not have prots on you (you're susp), and the Mafia/Neutrals have a decent reason to target you because you are so important you won't reveal your role. The Mafia/Neutrals targeting can fairly be argued against happening, that because you are susp keeping you alive helps them and that's true. But I've played Arcade on and off since 2012 and if one faction doesn't target the susp town player, the other faction will. But this is getting rather besides the point.

    Basically me opinion is, if you don't want to reveal your role on trial at least offer Town a deal. The mindset where people won't give up their role and just role over and take the lynch as Town has always been a blight in the game and it's probably my lowkey most wanted mentality change in Mafia.
  16. Replies
    5
    Views
    430

    ►►Re: I know that there is one country that...◄◄

    i am dr godwin. my apologies for the late reply, it appears my IP ban that has lasted ~1 month has been lifted
  17. Replies
    9
    Views
    379

    ►►Re: The Introduction thread of angelily and luona◄◄

    any questions please take them up with Bruno
  18. Replies
    95
    Views
    2,013

    ►►Re: Double Standards in Racism and Sexism◄◄

    Yeah that is probably the conclusion for some people.
  19. Replies
    95
    Views
    2,013

    ►►Re: Double Standards in Racism and Sexism◄◄

    Jesus' appearance was being discussed because we briefly spoke about how we project ourselves into characters. If I read a story where the person's appearance isn't blatantly stated, I'm going to probably subconsciously project them in my head as white because I am white. Ozy pointed out this is why Jesus' appearance was represented by numerous ethnicities in a TV series, which made other people talk about it.

    Understand now?
  20. Replies
    95
    Views
    2,013

    ►►Re: Double Standards in Racism and Sexism◄◄

    Like I said before, I'd be curious as to why Ozy thinks its unprofessional. Is it because it's curly? Is it because it's thick? Is it's length? Is it because he isn't used to seeing hair like that? I'm going to go out on a limb and say he just isn't used to african american hair and isn't aware how different it is from caucasian hair. All it takes is a little time looking up how different hair is for african americans and it will give a new perspective on this.
  21. Replies
    95
    Views
    2,013

    ►►Re: Double Standards in Racism and Sexism◄◄

    Keyword was unprofessional. It's fine if you do not like the hairstyle on a personal level, but to say its unprofessional is to say its unfit to be in the workplace. Like I said the Karen haircut is a shit haircut but it's fine in a professional field. A mowhawk/mullet on the other hand is a rad haircut but it's understandable how it is considered unprofessional, even if it's immaculately maintained.
  22. Replies
    95
    Views
    2,013

    ►►Re: Double Standards in Racism and Sexism◄◄

    So....? There is still a difference. Those Karen haircuts are shit on a personal level but are fine in a professional setting. Saying that an African American's natural hair style is unprofessional is like saying this is an unprofessional haircut for a white woman. It's completely unreasonable and just shows at best ignorance.
  23. Replies
    95
    Views
    2,013

    ►►Re: Double Standards in Racism and Sexism◄◄

    Cause you gone full retard
  24. Replies
    95
    Views
    2,013

    ►►Re: Double Standards in Racism and Sexism◄◄

    Saying that someone's natural hair is unprofessional, irrespective of their race, is an incredibly shitty thing to say tbh. Obviously unkempt hair is a different story but unkempt hair isn't relevant here. Also how in any way is that woman's hair unprofessional? That lady is BLESSED to have hair like that naturally to the point I don't quite buy it's completely natural. The amount of work the average african american woman has to put it to style their hair how they want it is actually insane.
  25. Replies
    95
    Views
    2,013

    ►►Re: Double Standards in Racism and Sexism◄◄

    If a white person is a part a system that devalues the worth of people of colour and they themselves devalue peoples of colours worth, I don't see how you can outright say the system has nothing to do with it when if anything it's probably the most driving factor of individuals to be racist.
  26. Replies
    95
    Views
    2,013

    ►►Re: Double Standards in Racism and Sexism◄◄

    Disregarding that he was depicted as white on the cover it's still an interesting thought exercise. Consider a book where the main character's skin colour isn't stated. Our imagination picks up the slack and paints the visual for us. Is it racist or a sign of systemic racism for a white person to visualize a white person? I wouldn't be bold enough to assert that, my first assumption is white people are just visualizing themselves into the role of the protagonist. What would be interesting is what any person of colour visualizes. That doll test done decades ago where black kids were asked to choose between a white doll and a black doll had pretty harrowing results. I'd be interested in a revisit of the test on children nowadays to see the results.
  27. Replies
    95
    Views
    2,013

    ►►Re: Double Standards in Racism and Sexism◄◄

    I'd say a big part of the issue is the inability to agree on what racism means when opposing viewpoints collide. When team snowflake say someone is racist it's because someone disparaged someone based on their skin colour, and when team woke say someone is racist it's due to them buying into a hierarchal system used to oppress entire divisions of races. I mean this is just a big ass assumption because I can't wrap my head around how people can say non-whites cannot be racist because they are the victims of the hierarchy system.
  28. Replies
    22
    Views
    777

    ►►Re: This forum is trash, and why you should leave and not look back.◄◄

    What's the punishment for not adhering to the groupthink? I'm scared
  29. Replies
    95
    Views
    2,013

    ►►Re: Double Standards in Racism and Sexism◄◄

    I agree Helz. Bullshit is bullshit regardless of who it comes from. I am all for non-whites getting a fair shake of the sauce bottle, but I simply won't give the time of day to anyone that is quite frankly a cunt of a person. Which I don't think most people are, it's just as it always is, a vocal minority amplified because they are on the internet.
  30. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Best man for the job

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:rumox

    Replies
    125
    Views
    2,569

    ►►Re: Best man for the job◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I disagree
  31. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:WD40 the worst..

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:rumox

    Replies
    6
    Views
    358

    ►►Re: WD40 the worst..◄◄

    WD40 has been good enough for any application I have needed it for. I think a more down to earth test would have put WD40 in greater light but the test done in the video makes sense for simplicity.
  32. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Best man for the job

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:rumox

    Replies
    125
    Views
    2,569

    ►►Re: Best man for the job◄◄

    what about best boat for the job
  33. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:69 69 69 69

    Thread Author:Bruno

    Post Author:rumox

    Replies
    5
    Views
    274

    ►►Re: 69 69 69 69◄◄

    gang shit 420
  34. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Dumbest movie you've ever watched

    Thread Author:Oberon

    Post Author:rumox

    Replies
    34
    Views
    1,060

    ►►Re: Dumbest movie you've ever watched◄◄

    I was just looking up lists of bad movies and wtf Master of Disguise is considered one? I loved that movie as a kid.

    Am I not turtley enough for your turtle club?
  35. ►►Re: hey guys remember how we were all just overreacting to COVID only so trump wouldnt get re-electe◄◄

    LMAO imagine getting mad cause someone didn't come over so they wouldn't spread the flu, let alone fucking covid.
  36. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Trumps Future

    Thread Author:Helz

    Post Author:rumox

    Replies
    17
    Views
    630

    ►►Re: Trumps Future◄◄

    How the system can allow someone who is in debt that much be president is beyond me. My friend got clearance to work on a submarine in the navy and part of the security check is literally "do you have any debts?" since it could be leveraged against him to gain state secrets and whatnot. They even called me to ask me a few questions regarding this as well as other things (drugs and alcohol) since I have known him for over a decade. Crazy
  37. Replies
    124
    Views
    2,562

    ►►Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places◄◄

    People can be certified mother fuckers.
  38. Replies
    124
    Views
    2,562

    ►►Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places◄◄

    All I am getting out of this is someone could start a business where they check for bad genes and give the thumbs up for people to fuck their families.
  39. Replies
    124
    Views
    2,562

    ►►Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post


    Thinking arguments are all repetitive and useless is sad, because it closes you to variety. Embrace arguments.
    Why the fuck is my insignificant town on there LMAO
  40. Replies
    124
    Views
    2,562
  41. Forum:Site Discussion

    Thread:Necroing

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:rumox

    Replies
    15
    Views
    1,301

    ►►Re: Necroing◄◄

    That thread isn't a troll thread
  42. Replies
    124
    Views
    2,562

    ►►Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    immediate family relationships should always be opposed.
    Also because it's cringe
  43. Replies
    124
    Views
    2,562

    ►►Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places◄◄

    I can only assume cousin relationships was permitted amongst the commoners (and accepted by themselves) due to the low pool of partners back those times. Big family's, low population, many cousins. Completely talking out of my ass with very limited research but that is my gut assumption. Immediate family relationships appear to have always been condemned by the majority and it was predominantly done only by royalties.

    I disagree with first cousin relationships because it's cringe, but immediate family relationships should always be opposed. If not for the genetic abnormalities, but also due to the lack of oversight regarding sickos just churning out kids to fuck and raise to be their slaves. Nothing is stopping people doing that now even with a ban but if it were to be permitted I'd be very, very concerned for the safety of kids. One could argue that that even if immediate family relationships were allowed there would still be laws cracking down on those kind of perverts, but I just think it would do a lot more bad than good lifting the ban.
  44. Forum:Punished Players & Appeals

    Thread:ZZorange: 1-S2-1-2701690

    Thread Author:altectech

    Post Author:rumox

    Replies
    26
    Views
    1,296

    {Ban List} ►►Re: ZZorange: 1-S2-1-2701690◄◄

    Please submit replays for us to review or we cannot do anything
  45. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:Top500 posters, in order - 2021 edition.

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:rumox

    Replies
    67
    Views
    1,580

    ►►Re: Top500 posters, in order - 2021 edition.◄◄

    The list is fine, I enjoy the list and would even say do it again. Just don't ping the people
  46. Replies
    124
    Views
    2,562

    ►►Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places◄◄

    Rude and uncalled for. I'm claiming copyright and will sue you into the ground if you do any work on my original idea
  47. Replies
    124
    Views
    2,562

    ►►Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places◄◄

    Someone contact Netflix
  48. Replies
    124
    Views
    2,562

    ►►Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Its fine cause soon we can just have Genetic Selective Children and pick out the traits and DNA we want our children to have and exclude all the dangerous crap.
    A world where people are no longer conceived through sex, but rather incubation as to have the perfect genes. As this goes on for generations, humans lose the ability to naturally reproduce. A catastrophe occurs where incubation births is no longer achievable. Now the human race is doomed to go extinct in a single generation.
  49. Replies
    124
    Views
    2,562

    ►►Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places◄◄

    Yes the actual birthing as a result of the relationship is the crux of it all.
  50. Replies
    124
    Views
    2,562

    ►►Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places◄◄

    The point of this question is to point out the hypocrisy. I'm not condoning incestious relationships, but this specific argument against it violates other accepted scenarios. I support the ban of incest and recognize that hypocrisy.
Results 1 to 50 of 2000
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4