Search Results - SC2 Mafia
Register

Search:

Type: Posts; User: Marshmallow Marshall

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 0.16 seconds.

  1. Forum:Puzzles and Other Forum Games

    Thread:Possible

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    4
    Views
    30

    ►►Re: Possible◄◄

    Is it truly possible to have these random thoughts? I thought it was not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not impossible.
  2. Forum:Ongoing Forum Mafia Games

    Thread:Matrix6 (9P)

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    121
    Views
    815

    ►►Re: Matrix6 (9P)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    How would numbertwo know if he was in 3 or c
    He doesn't. WIFOM is his shield. You think that's bad? Well yes, it is, because EARLY PR CLAIMS ARE BAD, but now we have to deal with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    what trend
    The trend of suspecting Auwt.

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Didn't place a vote -> over defensive + no contribution
    Silence, FPSer! Woe to thee!

    Not placing a vote is quite bad, but not too horrible either.
    Is Auwt really overly defensive? Quotes?
    Auwt hasn't contributed much, but the same can be said of many.

    The case against him seems quite empty tbh. That being said, the case for his innocence is literally empty, which makes him scummier than average. Not enough to make me place a vote yet, though. @Auwt comments on this?
  3. Forum:Ongoing Forum Mafia Games

    Thread:Matrix6 (9P)

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    121
    Views
    815

    ►►Re: Matrix6 (9P)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    The benefit for town is reaction testing
    The benefit for scum is needlessly expose oneself

    This has nothing to do with it not being traditional
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Or did you mean you thought I was defending it because it's uncommon play?
    No :P
    You said this is bad scum play. But I think it's good town play - not bad. It outs Mafia
    If this is a ballsy town play I'd like to see where it goes, and if it turns out SJ is Mafia, we'll just lynch him.
    I say we give him time.
    I'm not one to encourage or be a victim of Fancy Play Syndrome. That being said, giving him time has the benefit of allowing potential feedback to come in and enlighten our decision, so although I disapprove of the move, I'm ready to give it a chance. If you're scum with him though, your skull shall decorate the Torture Chamber of an Hindu Perm King; you seem really engaged in avoiding a disaster for town and could very well push town!SJ into the pit right now, so unless you two are scum together, you're town.

    -unvote


    Can someone (like Frinckles who started the trend) explain me the Auwt wagon, btw? Is it just "he didn't place a vote"?
  4. Forum:Ongoing Forum Mafia Games

    Thread:Matrix6 (9P)

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    121
    Views
    815

    ►►Re: Matrix6 (9P)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    What gambit? What does he gain as Mafia? He just dies d1 100% of the time
    He could literally have said he was trolling or something and gotten away
    (I thought he was trolling anyways)

    The key here is to analyse reactions. That's the point of gambits like this one
    Get a mislynch on a PR? He does end up dying at some point if he doesn't retract, yes, that's true. But how is it perfectly fine to let it slide just because "it's not traditional scum play"? It's not traditional town play either, afaik, and I fail to see the benefit for town here, hence why I think he's just trying to work his way through confusion.
  5. Forum:Ongoing Forum Mafia Games

    Thread:Matrix6 (9P)

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    121
    Views
    815

    ►►Re: Matrix6 (9P)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    this is way too obvious coming from SJ
    have y'all really lost your minds?
    what does SJ gain from this as scum?
    Confusion and a potential mislynch on a dangerous PR. I do agree it's a bad play for scum!SJ, though; the issue is that it's an even worse play for town!SJ. He's stating contradictory things and I think he knows it, which makes me think he may be trying to pull a jester gambit. I like that you're trying to find a way out of this because it's incredibly strange, but I don't see how SJ can be town here. If he's town, he's just dying for nothing, and that was to be expected. If he's scum, it's a gambit gone wrong. What world accepts the existence of town!SJ, if you think I'm wrong?
  6. Forum:Ongoing Forum Mafia Games

    Thread:Matrix6 (9P)

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    121
    Views
    815

    ►►Re: Matrix6 (9P)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    I am very disappointed with you. I thought you of a higher tier player. If you believe that I would do what I did as scum and not realise how obviously scummy it is then I really need to review my notes on you.

    Firstly, NumberTwo can be somewhat deemed as a new player with regards to their prolonged absence and near-unknown presence within the current community.
    Take this into account, and how easy It can be for one to misunderstand the game setup, their Tracker claim is most likely legitimate. This is perhaps the conclusion that I expect all town players to reach, and for scum to gleefully accept as a real claim.


    Yet I'm one of the few players, if not the only one, who has had the pleasure to play with numbers two for their majority of their actve time many years ago and I am quite possibly one of the very few who know their capabilities.
    I can say that Numbers twos is quite capable of lying about their role and they can quite easily be a doctor or a one shot veste.
    Although I doubt they are a citizen.
    With regards to them being scum, this would only be possible if their claim had be pre-planned and no one other than a SuperJack-NumberTwo scum team would have the balls and cooperation to play such a gambit.
    Therefore they are not scum. And likely TPR.

    Yet we where stuck in RVS. This sucks. And needed to end.

    Also, knowing full well in NumberTwos capability, mix with the near impossible of trying to predict what SuperJack Gambit that SuperJack is pulling off for today I am happy to continue to counter claim Tracker and will refuse to remove my claim.

    Good luck with that.
    Numbertwo is likely Tracker for real

    I counterclaim Tracker anyway because I want RVS to end

    Contradiction. This makes NO SENSE from a town perspective: you're just creating confusion, and if you actually believed #2 were town and knew you were town yourself, you'd also know you'd be creating an immense distraction that would cost us the only two mislynches we can afford.

    DIE.
  7. Forum:Ongoing Forum Mafia Games

    Thread:Matrix6 (9P)

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    121
    Views
    815

    ►►Re: Matrix6 (9P)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by ZZorange View Post
    yeah we should probably lynch this scooby doo guy he's way overthinkin this game bg/doc/lo on me 2nite
    So you find Blink to "overthink", but not Numbertwo or SuperJack to make weird plays? I don't understand your thought process here. Do you mind elaborating?

    Also, read the setup please :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    I don't know why a cc was needed. This makes Numbertwo's gamble inherently worse. Day two would have been more optimal for a cc regardless of alignment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    And SJ isn't an idiot, he would be aware of this from a town perspective. In essence there would be nothing to gain.

    From Scum!SJ perspective he could be using this to make it seem "painfully obvious" that he was citizen trying to cover for a numbertwo tracker. When in reality, he's just a mafia goon.

    Of course the other side of the equation is numbertwo. The ideas above assume he is the real tracker obviously. But I don't see why he wouldn't be, even being apprehensive to vote for his literal counterclaim (unless he's just balls to the wall lol.) The claim was delivered naturally in tone but it really didn't need to be made anyway since it throws us into a shitty 50/50 that the mafia had advantage on.

    So to summize:

    -Numbertwo is probably real even though the gambit is dumb
    -Sj had no reason to counterclaim as town and would know it
    -Sj would counterclaim to trick us into making us believe he is town
    -frinckles is about to carry

    -vote Superjack
    Completely agreed. SJ's skill level is too high for him to do this as town for real. The issue is that everyone who's not new and not crazy (i.e. #2 and SJ themselves, ZZorange too) agrees, which makes me think we may have a really dumb TvT situation and the scum are getting credit from their reactions right now lol...

    Before posting, I saw SJ maintained his claim... Oh well. We lynch SJ today at EoD, and if he's actually Tracker, we lynch #2 tomorrow, and if he's town, we swear to policy lynch instant claimers in the next games, we cry and we try to win a double LYLO. Any objections?
  8. Forum:Ongoing Forum Mafia Games

    Thread:Matrix6 (9P)

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    121
    Views
    815

    ►►Re: Matrix6 (9P)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Numbertwo View Post
    nah he is probably a confused citizen who thinks my claim was dumb and is now trying to protect me.
    There's no point in doing that, though: WIFOM already is your shield if there's no doc, and if there's a doc... there's a doc. A townie doing this would do more harm than good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Numbertwo View Post
    or he could be a scum trying to hide as the "protective" townie, hmm....
    ^
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    idk I kind of believe #'2 claim. If I rolled tracker I would probably would have insta claimed tracker tbh.
    Lol yes, you certainly would have. But that's you, and you don't play normally, so it doesn't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    What I don't buy is SJ "trying to give cover" to #2's claim because there isn't any need to do that as town
    ^^^
  9. Forum:Ongoing Forum Mafia Games

    Thread:Matrix6 (9P)

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    121
    Views
    815

    ►►Re: Matrix6 (9P)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    I counterclaimed.
    Mmmm, yes you did, and I'm not sure I believe you. Why would #2 lie as scum? The same question applies to you, but perhaps a bit less: fake-CCing can be seen as protection of a power role, so scum!you has an exit, whereas scum!#2 does not.

    So in order to solve this situation, I'll say right away that if you're pulling a gambit to "protect" #2 as a citizen, it's terribly anti-town because it places focus on you and distracts us from actual scum. You'll get lynched and probably cost us the game. So if you stick to that claim, you stick to it until the end, @SuperJack . Do you confirm you keep that claim?

    Also, -vote SJ in spirit
    My vote is already on him but now it's not an RVS vote anymore.
  10. Forum:Ongoing Forum Mafia Games

    Thread:Matrix6 (9P)

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    121
    Views
    815

    ►►Re: Matrix6 (9P)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by ZZorange View Post
    i typoed and said I'm done so i changed it 2 down
    Oh it's alright, you're new lol, just saying it so that you know
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    -vote Marshmallow Marshall

    Don't let him enjoy his first town game lynch him
    I honestly don't like the fact you seem to believe me right away. I mean, I'm town for real lol and perhaps you just know me well enough to know, but it feels... idk, too simple, not paranoid enough? Anyway, that's a bit of a bogus reason to scumread you, but let's say I have my eye on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Numbertwo View Post
    lets make this interesting..

    I claim Tracker and because im a Tracker i know this is Setup C and that there is a doctor out there that can protect me.
    if this is real...
    Row 3 exists, which would mean there's a bulletproof instead of a doctor. WIFOM around the existence of a doctor is your best shield here, assuming you're not just scum, which is relatively safe for now given the immense spotlight you put on yourself.
  11. Forum:Ongoing Forum Mafia Games

    Thread:Matrix6 (9P)

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    121
    Views
    815

    ►►Re: Matrix6 (9P)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    so you gotta use [vote]blinkskater[/vote with a closing bracket.
    :o hi frinckles
    bye frinckles

    Was just popping in, going off now lol. Sorry :')
  12. Forum:Ongoing Forum Mafia Games

    Thread:Matrix6 (9P)

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    121
    Views
    815

    ►►Re: Matrix6 (9P)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by ZZorange View Post
    so is the FM meta randoming that skateboarder guy? I'm down

    -vote blinkstater
    Nah lol. Note that my only real vote is the one on SJ, the other one is a fake. To vote, you have to use the following method: [vote]The player's name[/vote]. Votes are automatically counted by our bot, @The Godfather . In other words, your vote here is invalid.

    Also note that editing posts is strictly forbidden and considered as cheating, so don't do that :P

    As for the meta part, trust me, it gets much deeper than that later in the game. For now, we're in early D1, which means we're in RVS (Random Voting Stage). Yes, we have a fancy acronym for that. We basically try to get something meaningful to happen, and that will gradually come. The objective of RVS is to create a situationin which the end of D1 has actually meaningful discussion.
    @ZZorange
  13. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:UWU

    Thread Author:theoneceko

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    35
    Views
    452

    ►►Re: UWU◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Petition to rename Oberon to Master Baiter.
    Renaming him would cause a hellrift to open right below the dwelling site of the admin performing such an unholy ritual.
  14. Forum:Ongoing Forum Mafia Games

    Thread:Matrix6 (9P)

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    121
    Views
    815

    ►►Re: Matrix6 (9P)◄◄

    Y E S
    I'M TOWN!!!!! After literal MONTHS of scumming, I'm town in an Sc2 Mafia game!

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Time to quicklynch blinkskater

    -vote blinkskater
    I assume you mean it's time to quacklynch Blinkskater.
    -quack blinkskater

    -vote SuperJack

    QUACK
  15. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:UWU

    Thread Author:theoneceko

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    35
    Views
    452

    ►►Re: UWU◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    dw, i kkeep the uwu's to a minimum on the hallowed grounds that is this site.
    Everyone has a different minimum after all xD.
  16. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:UWU

    Thread Author:theoneceko

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    35
    Views
    452

    ►►Re: UWU◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by LagAttack View Post
    UWOWU HEWWO!!!
    There's a reason he's writing in Cultist-like color...

    oh no

    UWUWUWUWUWUWUWUUWUWUWU
  17. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Pinocchio

    Thread Author:Helz

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    14
    Views
    325

    ►►Re: Pinocchio◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Do you not judge serial killers?
    I knew someone would say something like that and wanted to edit in "as long as it is not contrary to my morals"... I probably should have.
  18. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Pinocchio

    Thread Author:Helz

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    14
    Views
    325

    ►►Re: Pinocchio◄◄

    I do not judge what I do not understand
  19. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Pinocchio

    Thread Author:Helz

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    14
    Views
    325

    ►►Re: Pinocchio◄◄

    Petition for new rule: if you pick the default site-provided angry dragon ball avatar, you get banned
  20. Forum:News

    Thread:Discord Mafia Group!

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    34
    Views
    631

    ►►Re: Discord Mafia Group!◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Pretty sure Zealot Hockey still has yearly draft league on both - NA and EU - servers, with 100+ members each. (though it's a very private community)
    TD maps Squadron TD and Mines and Magic still have regular competitive tournaments.
    I'm willing to bet Desert Strike is the same. At the very least, inter-clan skirmishes.
    Probes vs Zealots I imagine could still have a competitive community, but not sure maybe it's dead
    Ice Baneling Escape still has speedrun records getting broken, though I agree the game is largely dead. If the Koreans ever manage to break a record, the westerners will be sure to come out of hyberbation though.

    Idk what you mean by uninteresting and dead tbh. Like take Starjeweled for example: sure, it looks dead publicly, but if you're into it then you'd have a good handful of people to challenge. There's many small little private communities like that.
    I guess I'm pretty selective when it comes to defining "good arcade game". There are many hidden gems in the Arcade, but nobody ever plays them. Like Planet Protoss Tribes, The Sneaky City Game, etc.
  21. Forum:News

    Thread:Discord Mafia Group!

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    34
    Views
    631

    ►►Re: Discord Mafia Group!◄◄

    The only genuinely good arcade games that are still alive are Parasite and Mafia. The rest is either uninteresting or dead.
  22. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:Create SuperJack a Bio

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    23
    Views
    341

    ►►Re: Create SuperJack a Bio◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    You don't think CC'ing confirmed town because you're afraid they might be lying is original?
    Other kinds of originality lol
  23. Replies
    19
    Views
    272

    ►►Re: Why Spy is the worst role in the game◄◄

    +9999999999999999999999999999

    Completely agreed. When I played the Arcade, I always excluded Spy from my saves for the reasons stated in the OP.

    Ozy, you've probably heard that in ToS when they simply removed the ability for spy to see mafia chat, which was a great decision.
  24. Forum:Signups

    Thread:S-FM 325: Matrix6 (9P)

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    59
    Views
    1,920

    ►►Re: S-FM 326: Matrix6 (9P)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by ZZorange View Post
    cant play real mafia /sign
    Get an avatar!
  25. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:Create SuperJack a Bio

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    23
    Views
    341

    ►►Re: Create SuperJack a Bio◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    You aren't even gonna mention that you "had to walk fifteen miles to school in the snow! Barefoot! Uphill! Both ways!" ?
    Bahahaha, a classic

    I wish I had more originality in my thoughts, but I don't, so I can't really help lol
  26. Replies
    23
    Views
    280

    ►►Re: The End of the 72222 Experiment Results.◄◄

    You can always sign as a reserve if you want to, i.e. a replacement if someone goes inactive in the middle of the game or cannot play anymore due to real life constraints, @LagAttack .

    Your analysis is very good in my humble opinion, by the way. Town is meant to be the uninformed majority, which implies that... they're a majority! Else, it becomes much more of an "ally with this scum and pray" game, which is an issue often encountered in games with multiple factions with factional kills. The fact every town member is a power role (by power role, I mean non-citizen role) adds to the significant drop in the importance of actual deception and of day chat. Another factor to this is the omnipresence of kills, as you mentioned; any efficient townie will instantly get attacked if scum are somewhat clever.

    ~~

    I like the spirit of the setup @ZZorange . It comes down to one word: balance. However, it's pretty hard to balance a 15 players game where everyone has a power, where town doesn't have majority and where there are 3 scum factions and 2 neutrals. Cult itself is a very powerful enemy and should probably not be in any game that also has mafia or triad factions; it's a faction by itself, and probably the strongest in the game.
    Therefore, here are my suggestions to improve this setup considering the Arcade's meta (i.e. not in an FM spirit):

    - Increase the amount of townies so that town has the majority and can keep it for a reasonable time. Town shouldn't lose majority after one mislynch outside of very specific and unlikely circumstances, for example.

    - Decrease the amount of power roles. In other words, add citizens, even just a few. If there are really not many of them, they act as another category that can be used simply enough to solve the game through role counting. This will increase the power of deception and logic and decrease the influence of night actions. Plus, "citizens" with a one-use vest can be quite powerful. In forum mafia, that'd actually count as a power role lol.

    - Remove cult! It doesn't belong in a multifactional game.

    This should lead to something along the lines of a 9/2/2/2, or of a 8/3/2/2 (with the 3-member mafia team having less powerful roles than the 2-member triad team, perhaps even without a factional kill but with a one-time killing role like kidnapper or disguiser), or a 8/3/3/1 (the neutral being a benign to avoid giving too much power to the evils, or with a neutral evil and both mafia and triad having no factional kill, only mafia killing roles). If those numbers seem a bit high for town to you, remember you're putting citizens in there, which decreases the town's power.

    Of course, that only works if you have people willing to try setups that aren't highly conventional, as you already noticed... This kind of setup thinking is more fit for Forum Mafia, which has a culture of originality and openness in setups. It would be amazing if the Arcade had a bit of that culture too, and it's good to see people trying to implement it!
  27. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:UWU

    Thread Author:theoneceko

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    35
    Views
    452

    ►►Re: UWU◄◄

    Haven't you seen enough horrible things in the mod to convince yourself that nobody in their right mind would consider you as such lol?
  28. Forum:Signups

    Thread:S-FM 325: Matrix6 (9P)

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    59
    Views
    1,920

    ►►Re: S-FM 326: Matrix6 (9P)◄◄

    Y e s
    /scumfirm

    Still on relatively low activity btw, but it's still 100 % acceptable to play a game. I just won't post to Distorted levels.
  29. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:Create SuperJack a Bio

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    23
    Views
    341

    ►►Re: Create SuperJack a Bio◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Lol what
    "X is scummy for not providing a bio" was actually said in game 7 last year, or something along those lines lol
  30. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:Create SuperJack a Bio

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    23
    Views
    341

    ►►Re: Create SuperJack a Bio◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Write back "this is too much work I didn't sign up for this!"
    Tbh, I don't think anyone actually reads those. Have you seen them? It feels like forever just to scroll past them and it's always a nuisance.
    people who don't provide bios get scumread sometimes
  31. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:"Scientists" though

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    19
    Views
    318
  32. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Blizzlol

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    2
    Views
    97

    ►►Re: Blizzlol◄◄

    I hope the Parasite devs make a standalone version and that this version becomes as popular as Among Us, both for the insane fun it would create and for the slap at Blizz lol.
  33. ►►Re: MafiaUniverse's Mafia Championship, Season 8 - Nominations (vote here!)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Interesting.
    PTSD

    Friendly tip: don't say ANYTHING is interesting in your game(s) there. EVER.
  34. Replies
    2
    Views
    69

    ►►Re: Let's challenge SSCU Trench Wars◄◄

    Lol I do catch your drift, and I can't say I'm unhappy we've moved slightly farther from that kind of, uh, "free-spiritedness" while retaining what makes us unique (better "free-spiritedness"!)

    I wouldn't make that a site event, but y'know, it's not like we can restrict them from their free will on unrelated sites ;).
    Who knows, I may pay them a visit and see, though. "Hey, I'm a random guy who doesn't play whatever your forum is about, and I come to play mafia" sounds good.
  35. ►►Re: MafiaUniverse's Mafia Championship, Season 8 - Nominations (vote here!)◄◄

    The countdown has reached 0. The votes are:

    SuperJack (9 [L-991]):
    Oberon, MartinGG99, Stealthbomber16, Auwt, Helz, Unknown1234, Frinckles, Varcron, theoneceko
    MartinGG99 (2 [L-998]):
    OzyWho, SuperJack
    Helz (1 [L-999]):
    blinkskater
    @SuperJack has been nominated to be our Champion! @MartinGG99 , as the runner-up, shall be our backup.

    You should probably make an account if you don't already have one and confirm your participation for Sc2 Mafia in this thread: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...General-Thread.

    Good luck ^^
  36. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:The future "racism"

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    129
    Views
    1,973

    ►►Re: The future "racism"◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    but if we expand your line of thought, then perhaps nobody is "disordered" and everybody is normal.

    Unless you just want to draw an arbitrary line in the sand for who is and isn't "disordered".

    And any arbitrary line u can fantasize about is going to be clearly less logical than viewing it as a spectrum.\


    What if I am just below this magic line but need help and don't get it since i am viewed as "normal"?

    What if 'I' self-admittedly exhibit neurodivergent behavior but 'I' feel that 'I' function fine and belong in the 'normal' group but this arbitrary line marks me as *GASP* "autistic". Wouldn't 'I' be upset?
    "Functionality" is the line that indicates a "disorder". Else, it's not a "disorder", it's just a difference. If you're talking about a spectrum like this, them it would mean the "spectrum of autism" is something everyone is on to different extents, which I agree with just like I'd agree with a "spectrum of empathy" or a "spectrum of mathematical intelligence" or anything similar. That isn't an issue at all, as long as you define what autism exactly is. What is an issue is when you start confusing being at some place on a spectrum with a disorder. There will be correlations, but "being on the spectrum of X" is not a disorder; "being dysfunctional due to the consequences of being on position A on spectrum X, position B on spectrum Y, etc." is.

    As for the "I" part, that is a permanent issue with anything related to humans. Science has to establish reasonable criteria to make categories if it wants to make any. Being "upset" about it is ridiculous: if you're upset about biologists saying 50 Celsius degrees is too hot for most human beings, that doesn't change the correlation between "temperature of 50 degrees" and "danger for human beings". Of course, things are not always that clear, but that doesn't mean trying to draw a line about disorders has to be banned, unless the very principle of disorder is to be banned (which it isn't, because then you'll have people needing help who won't recieve it).
  37. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:The future "racism"

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    129
    Views
    1,973

    ►►Re: The future "racism"◄◄

    Don't play FM while drunk ==> don't debate while drunk xD
  38. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:"Scientists" though

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    19
    Views
    318

    ►►Re: "Scientists" though◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    @Helz
    You never visit circlejerk
    The damn French made me put half an effort into this quick thread already, so might as well invite you for a visit. :/
    Lol I didn't ask for so much!

    All things you said are valid, but they also aren't proving anything. Therefore, the hypothesis remains an hypothesis; quite unlikely, maybe, but not impossible.
  39. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:The future "racism"

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    129
    Views
    1,973

    ►►Re: The future "racism"◄◄

    In case it's not apparent enough since it got buried, I'm gonna post my edit here lol:
    And ftr, I don't think Oberon is autistic lmao. If he is, then so am I, and so are a lot of people (I could be wrong of course, but you seem to be pushing it :P). Not being "normal" doesn't mean you have to put a specific "abnormality status" sticker on your forehead.
    Trying to put a sticker is trying to normalize abnormality. Can't functional human beings just be human beings lol? I'm speaking in general here, not just in this context. Issues like children being fed random pills they often don't need (like Ritalin) because they aren't robots would be avoided if this mentality was to disappear.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I'm sure you can find sources nowadays as well that say women are inferior to men. Something something misogyny? :P
    Yeah, and it's still retarded and only held by a small minority XD. There also are people saying the Earth is flat nowadays, but they're dumb and a minority too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    If you think women were seen as inferior, what did common people think of a Queen leading them? :P
    A Queen like Queen Victoria.
    Female ruler = -10 opinion, no matter the fact you have 30 in every damn skill...
    Although I'm not highly informed on the matter, I'd say Victoria was ok for the people because she was great. Same goes for Elizabeth the First or Isabella of Castile, for example. Any woman who wasn't great was in trouble to various extents because of her gender, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    The Biblical example you gave doesn't necessarily mean what you think it does. Men do a lot of stupid shit for women :P I'm pretty sure that Adam would've eaten the apple even if he'd known what it did.
    I'm not talking about what the Bible teaches, but rather about how people interpreted it in history. Now, that interpretation is regarded as... pretty bad, and honestly, I think a lot of Christians try to forget that part xD.
  40. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:The future "racism"

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    129
    Views
    1,973

    ►►Re: The future "racism"◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    It sounds like you are on the autism spectrum and would benefit from accepting that, rather than being afraid of it not being “normal” (which doesn’t exist)
    Yesss another abnormal person saying NORMAL PEOPLE DO NOT EXIST! If people stopped wanting to be "normal" and thinking they're at fault for not being "normal", they would be much happier.

    And ftr, I don't think Oberon is autistic lmao. If he is, then so am I, and so are a lot of people (I could be wrong of course, but you seem to be pushing it :P). Not being "normal" doesn't mean you have to put a specific "abnormality status" sticker on your forehead.
  41. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:The future "racism"

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    129
    Views
    1,973

    ►►Re: The future "racism"◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    LOL. looks like a man is more offended than a woman by mag's comments
    I am not offended, I simply disagree and find his stance dumb lol. I don't find him dumb for it, nor do I think he's a lesser person for having that stance.

    ~~

    Proverbs 6:16-19
    There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.
    UwU.
  42. ►►Re: MafiaUniverse's Mafia Championship, Season 8 - Nominations (vote here!)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    SuperJack (9 [L-991]):
    Oberon, OzyWho, MartinGG99, Stealthbomber16, Auwt, Helz, Unknown1234, Frinckles, Varcron
    Helz (1 [L-999]):
    blinkskater


    If we follow the fine print, Helz is our runner-up since everyone but Blink voted with the flow

    Also, I'm guessing I'm the un-official back-up unless anybody else pops up? There's also the issue with Helz's ban from MU.
    Yeah um, SJ is enjoying a landslide victory lol. I'll vote you for official back-up so that we actually have a decent one, since Frinckles said he was busy and since Helz is banned from MU. And because you're a good choice too of course

    -vote MartinGG99
  43. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:"Scientists" though

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    19
    Views
    318

    ►►Re: "Scientists" though◄◄

    I think one problem with the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis is that people often have thoughts that they cannot express succinctly because language doesn't allow them to.
    There are many subtleties that are lost when you actually try to explain your thoughts.
    that's called illiteracy


    Was the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis disproven? I wasn't aware. Any links?
  44. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:The future "racism"

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    129
    Views
    1,973

    ►►Re: The future "racism"◄◄

    Also, I can move the off-topic posts to another thread if so you wish, Ozy; my goal was not to derail your thread, but to elaborate on principles on which are based the flawed logic of discrimination. Speaking of which...

    Discrimination against neurodivergents is based on a similar flawed reasoning, but this time, it's harder to debunk because it's more subtle. A non-negligible amount of them (but not all) happen to be less functional in society than average because of the way their brain works, which is either less suited for autonomous life or simply less suited for the rules society established. That doesn't make them any "lesser humans"... yet the confusion between "having trouble doing something" and "being a lesser person" is common and leads to very sad results.
  45. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:The future "racism"

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    129
    Views
    1,973

    ►►Re: The future "racism"◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Yeah, but that doesn't mean they were seen as lesser than men.
    Ah, yes, I can very well picture this mentality.

    You're not lesser than us men! But because you're not men, you have inferior rights and we have domination over you.

    That would be a completely nonsensical stance, even excluding the fact that many sources stated women's inferiority back then. It would be a waste of time to go try to find a ton of them, but you're free to do so by yourself. Here's one example among many: https://www.icr.org/article/darwins-...s-inferiority/
    This one does not only imply women's inferiority as was the norm back then, but clearly states it. But as I said, denying that it was implied in that period's mentality is completely nonsensical because it's illogical: there would be no foundation to discriminate women if they weren't inferior, after all. When people realized women actually weren't inferior, the inferiority of their social status lost its meaning and began disintegrating.

    Another example I just thought of (probably a more canonical one): Eve was the one who ate the apple and who brought sin to Adam... Don't tell me you never heard negative discourse against women referring to this.
  46. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:The future "racism"

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    129
    Views
    1,973

    ►►Re: The future "racism"◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I think you are right, but for the wrong reasons. I don't think women were discriminated against in the way you put it.
    ...you ought to be joking/baiting... women couldn't vote or sign damn contracts without the consent of their husband or father lol... that very much is systemic discrimination against women, and saying that didn't happen would be hardcore revisionism. If you really believe that, you're like the 9/11 deniers who count like this: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 10 12 13 14...
  47. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:The future "racism"

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Replies
    129
    Views
    1,973

    ►►Re: The future "racism"◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The numbers are skeptical but regardless, do you think people have grown to be more mature during the past 1000 years? There's been discrimination and genocides based on religion, race, political, and sexual orientations. Has history shown that humans are capable of learning from history? Has it shown that humans are capable of "maturing" and capable of growing sympathy for strangers? If there is another 1000 years for mankind, then the same discriminatory factors will remain on our social scale. Discrimination and genocide on neurodivergents isn't unheard of, and was already done by the Nazis during WW2. Neurodivergents are bullied everyday and their voice isn't very loud because they're a minority. Nothing that exists today will be "new" for the future.

    Perhaps something that would actually be a problem, would be AI, and people could discriminate against AI for taking our jobs...
    You seem to forget that 100 years ago, women could basically not work outside of certain "less prestigious" spheres and were officially lesser than men. That has changed. Change is therefore possible. I'd even argue discrimination against non-neurotypicals is already frowned upon and that this acceptance is bound to increase as other forms of discriminations are decreasing as well. Unless those who fight for equality go crazy and polarize society so hard they sabotage their own mission, it's doubtful discrimination against non-neurotypicals will worsen, at least in democratic societies.
  48. Replies
    8
    Views
    209

    ►►Re: Symbol analysis◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    you realize the masons exist in real life right
    with a power significant enough to change the world
    during centuries

    As far as I know, no organization meets those criteria... unless we're talking about the Illuminati. Sure, that has existed throughout history (the Carbonari (Britannica) are somewhat close to that), but they haven't lasted centuries as major powers.
  49. Replies
    31
    Views
    502

    ►►Re: Challenge for theoneceko◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    If you say so. Idk why you think politics is so important. People are pragmatic.
    Didn't I just explain that in my last post?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Just because they're not interested in political debates doesn't mean they'll put up with a dictatorship.
    That's fair, but it's not because you won't put up with a lack of food that your fields will give you lots of food if you do not cultivate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    Legitimate question. Why are you admin of FM? I assume you play sports and read books if you're advising me to do both. So why spend time here?
    Because I love FM and this community in general, in case that isn't apparent enough. All of this isn't incompatible at all: as I said, it's all about a healthy balance of time. Granted I'm not super fond of sports lol but that's past the point; plus, I reflected that in my post :P.

    also, I didn't interpret this as you thinking I'm telling you to go away, but in case aamirus' post is correct, I confirm I wasn't saying that at all
  50. Replies
    8
    Views
    209

    ►►Re: Symbol analysis◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Im afraid thats all I have. Most of my time diving into semiotics has been focused on words and language. The time I have messed with symbols has been on the occult and the idea of 'evil.' When I herd the leviathan sigil would bring evil into your life I put it on my phone for 2 months to see what would happen. (Absolutely nothing of note did) There is also this one of an old dude and his reflection that a very old symbol thats suppose to remove barriers between our world and whatever-tha-fuck else but I have not tried that one yet.
    It's already pretty good, thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I think the world would be a better place if that organization still existed. Although its just as likely it would be corrupted and gamed like everything else in our society these days.
    I sincerely doubt a masonic organization based on secrecy with a power significant enough to change the world would be healthy in any way, even at the moment of its foundation. Centuries later? That would be the Illuminati lol...
Results 1 to 50 of 2000
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4