Search Results - SC2 Mafia
Register

Search:

Type: Posts; User: oops_ur_dead

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 0.05 seconds.

  1. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Moderation

    Thread Author:Oberon

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    76
    Views
    977

    ►►Re: Moderation◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    +1, I hate staff a lot less than a few years ago for sure
    I'm glad my departure has had such a positive impact.
  2. Replies
    10
    Views
    88

    ►►Re: What kind of Art are you into an why?◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    I love Rembrandt's paintings. I was lucky enough to see Belshazzar's feast in the flesh a year or two ago at the National Gallery. Believe me when I say it's totally different from looking at it on google images. You can only appreciate the level of detailed texture and "3-dimensional-ness" of it in person. If you ever get an opportunity to see some of his stuff in the flesh, I 100% recommend you snag it even if it's only one of his self portraits.
    I've seen The Night Watch in person, it was a great painting. It's absolutely colossal in person too.

    Bit cliched but I like psychedelic art, especially things like mandalas and the type. Recently I'm also enjoying street art.
  3. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Moderation

    Thread Author:Oberon

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    76
    Views
    977

    ►►Re: Moderation◄◄

    I straight up do not give a shit about the individual things anyone in this thread has listed. I don't have enough context, nor do I want to make a judgment either way (except for the thing with Frog, RQing games is absolutely game-ruining and should be punished if it's consistently done). However, let me use my eternal staff wisdom to redirect the discussion in a more constructive direction:

    What is the core problem here, and solutions do you propose, @Oberon ? What kind of broad rule changes, guidelines, etc. do you want to see in place that will solve each of your issues? Since I see you have one or two points about undermoderation, and one or two about overmoderation, surely the answer isn't just broadly "moderate less" or "moderate more". It might be more useful and less stressful to state what you think the core issues are, and maybe think of ways to solve them.

    I'm not here to put in place any changes or think of solutions, or even tell anyone what to do. And I won't do anything, both because I don't think it's my place to do so, and also because I don't care that much. I just think it might be more productive for everyone to have this be a thread where you (and everyone else dissatisfied with things, for that matter) can state what you think is the root problem that led to these events, rather than having it be a list of times that you didn't like some staff decision, then the response from staff is to explain each individual one.
  4. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Do you watch standup

    Thread Author:Oberon

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    18
    Views
    908

    ►►Re: Do you watch standup◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    When I lived in Austin Texas Cap city comedy club was my go-to first date. Even if I wasn't into the girl I would have a fantastic time and I figured out if I hung out at the bar after the show I could go out on the town and party with the comedians.
    if I visit texas you wanna hang?
  5. Replies
    20
    Views
    452

    ►►Re: Voss and his unyielding, unforgiving and megalomaniacal tyranny◄◄

    I wonder how many levels of irony ceko is operating on.

    Like I legitimately can't tell if he's trolling or not. Shit's masterful. Unless he isn't. Then it's cringe.

    What a conundrum.
  6. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:TRUMP TEARS THREAD

    Thread Author:oops_ur_dead

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    198
    Views
    4,637

    ►►Re: TRUMP TEARS THREAD◄◄

    I commend you, ceko. That was the first post you have made that has genuinely entertained me. Keep it up!
  7. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:TRUMP TEARS THREAD

    Thread Author:oops_ur_dead

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    198
    Views
    4,637

    ►►Re: TRUMP TEARS THREAD◄◄

    What a touching end to a contentious thread.

    Let's turn this tears thread into a tears of friendship and happiness thread instead.
  8. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:TRUMP TEARS THREAD

    Thread Author:oops_ur_dead

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    198
    Views
    4,637

    ►►Re: TRUMP TEARS THREAD◄◄

    True, you're right. My apologies to Oberon for being an asshole. In the future I'll try my best to walk away from shit rather than becoming toxic. Probably not a great use of my own time either.

    For the record I do like hearing about opposing views. I feel like thedougler did a decent job of substantiating his arguments, though he has pretty much the exact same views as Oberon, which at least taught me something. And even though I think Exeter's political ideology is inherently abhorrent to me, and I'd violently oppose anyone trying to impose such a system on me, it was fascinating to hear his perspective.
  9. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:TRUMP TEARS THREAD

    Thread Author:oops_ur_dead

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    198
    Views
    4,637

    ►►Re: TRUMP TEARS THREAD◄◄

    Not sure if that was a sneaky insult or a genuine compliment of my posts.

    Appreciated either way.
  10. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:TRUMP TEARS THREAD

    Thread Author:oops_ur_dead

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    198
    Views
    4,637

    ►►Re: TRUMP TEARS THREAD◄◄

    In this thread you have posted:

    - Several deflections, whataboutisms, and posts changing the direction of the thread multiple times.
    - Many claims, every single one of which is unsubstantiated and which you've not posted a single piece of evidence for. Anyone asking for evidence is completely ignored, as you deflect the argument yet again. I challenge you to show me a post in this thread for which you've shown any proof of. Just one.
    - An argument in which you genuinely contradict yourself within the same argument.

    These are habits that have been pointed out by multiple people, I'm just more honest about it. Notice that I disagree and have disagreed with others, though I'll discuss things differently with them because it's actually possible to stay on topic, get evidence and facts, and have discussions with them, rather than discussing conjecture, conspiracy theories, and summaries of talk shows.

    This isn't an attempt to stifle you or even insult you. It's me trying to get through to you that the way you argue is so flawed that it's not even useful to discuss these types of topics with you. The reason you're getting it more from me is because, frankly, pretty much everyone else has already given up, meanwhile I'm a stubborn fucker who can't let things go.

    But if it's not welcome, I suppose I can give up as well. My intention wasn't to insult the person, but point out flawed arguments and thinking.
  11. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:TRUMP TEARS THREAD

    Thread Author:oops_ur_dead

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    198
    Views
    4,637

    ►►Re: TRUMP TEARS THREAD◄◄

    I had a bit of a longer response typed up but I figured I didn't want to go through the effort of reading more word salad and cognitive dissonance. It really does feel to me like Oberon legitimately has not developed the facilities for critical reasoning of his own and other's arguments, and seems to be posting contradicting ideas here, all based off of feelings (or more accurately, what Tucker Carlson and Ben Shapiro have told him to feel) with not a shred of evidence yet to back anything up.

    Time to get this thread back on topic.



  12. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:TRUMP TEARS THREAD

    Thread Author:oops_ur_dead

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    198
    Views
    4,637

    ►►Re: TRUMP TEARS THREAD◄◄

    Can I actually point out something cool, before we completely deflect because Oberon can't back anything he said up with facts.

    This line of discussion is a perfect example of the half-bakedness and ad-libbing of arguments that the right does all the time.

    First we have Oberon, someone who is historically very right-wing, pro-free market, and anti-regulation. Sure, let's accept that. All cool points.

    Then we have companies that are trying to maximize user profit. They do so by, potentially, delivering tailored content and trying to maximize conversion. Let's not even think about whether they are doing this for profit, such as in the instance that Oberon is actually viewing tailored results on Google but anonymized results on DDG, and ignoring that the entire purpose of both of these sites is to get their audience to keep returning so they can get ad money. Maybe the CEO of Google has some sort of personal stake in keeping people home or dislikes the CEO of Fox because he fucked his wife or something. Either way, free companies, no regulations, it's all cool. One can spend their money however they want and run a business however they want.

    Now, this is where things get a bit wonky. For whatever reason, we raise the point that these companies are in bed with the state, a state (given that these companies are located in the US) that heavily opposes any sort of lockdown. Because these companies are colluding with the state, they try to push the anti-lockdown agenda by.... pushing pro-lockdown views. How this contradiction makes any sense is yet to be seen but sure let's run with it.

    Clearly the solution to this problem, according to Oberon, is to make these companies publicly owned. As in, have the government owning entire social media platforms so that they can prevent these companies from pushing views, views that the companies are pushing because also according to Oberon they are in bed with the state and thus influenced by the state. So the pro-free market, anti-regulation approach to this problem, is to actually go full communist and have the state own the companies, so that the state can prevent the companies from pushing the views that the state is influencing them to push.

    Very smart.
  13. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:TRUMP TEARS THREAD

    Thread Author:oops_ur_dead

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    198
    Views
    4,637

    ►►Re: TRUMP TEARS THREAD◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Whenever I google something about the coronavirus pandemic, I only find articles that tell me why its real and why the lockdown is necessary; even if I tailor the search to look specifically for results that would favour my opinion. On DuckDuckGo there still seems to be a bias in favour of pro-lockdown results but I usually do manage to find articles expressing opinions similar to my own. In DDGs case I do not know if that is the result of inherent bias in the search algorithm or if its just due to what the media is most likely to report. I will try to look for a specific example for you.
    Maybe it's also because reality doesn't always align with your feelings.

    I'm curious about these specific examples, thus far I haven't been able to find any.
  14. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:TRUMP TEARS THREAD

    Thread Author:oops_ur_dead

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    198
    Views
    4,637

    ►►Re: TRUMP TEARS THREAD◄◄

    Honestly I tried searching a bunch of stuff on both DDG and Google, using a VPN with all tracking cleared, and I couldn't find a bias either way. If anything DDG was more likely to recommend news sources I'd see as much more sensationalist, like Vox and to a lesser extent Huffpo. Though notably DDG also had shittier results overall imo, Google showed me much more relevant and current stuff (searching "trump transition" on Google gave me results on the recent election, on DDG it gave me results of the Obama-Trump transition).

    I'd be curious to see specific examples of this so-called bias.
  15. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:TRUMP TEARS THREAD

    Thread Author:oops_ur_dead

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    198
    Views
    4,637

    ►►Re: TRUMP TEARS THREAD◄◄

    It is also a bit strange that you're claiming that these companies are in bed with the state and using the COVID lockdown as an example. I thought (assuming you're talking about the US) that the state is very heavily against such a lockdown, so wouldn't it be the exact opposite?
  16. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:TRUMP TEARS THREAD

    Thread Author:oops_ur_dead

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    198
    Views
    4,637

    ►►Re: TRUMP TEARS THREAD◄◄

    If any of the tech companies are pro-lockdown then they are doing so out of financial self-interest. You perhaps have a point in that various web services might be pro-lockdown because they get a huge surge in users, so long as those users convert in a profitable way. But I don't think that's the conclusion you're trying to bring forward.

    Do you have a single piece of evidence of these companies conspiring with governments in this way? Could you provide a specific example of how DuckDuckGo gives less biased results than Google?
  17. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:TRUMP TEARS THREAD

    Thread Author:oops_ur_dead

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    198
    Views
    4,637

    ►►Re: TRUMP TEARS THREAD◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Google and Twitter are indeed private corporations but the way their interests align with the State’s so often nowadays really has me wondering whether they are in bed with them. There is no easy answer in my view to the problem of Big Tech companies overstepping their boundaries to such an extent. Nationalizing them gives the government the ability to control what censored and what doesn’t. Regulating them is another story that already comes with its own set if problems.
    I'm pretty sure the only reason Twitter doesn't ban Trump is because he's president so I guess you're (probably unintentionally) right that their interests align with the state there. Twitter played a huge role in helping Trump get elected. Facebook even moreso. Google not as much IMO.

    None of them are public entities in the slightest. Any moderation they do is to maintain public image in the name of profit. They couldn't give less of a fuck about improving society or any sort of social justice or anything.
  18. Forum:Serious Discussion & Debate

    Thread:Is this political?

    Thread Author:aamirus

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    28
    Views
    269

    ►►Re: Is this political?◄◄

    But they're thought out by doing epidemiological studies and combining that with what practically can be done. Do you have an alternative idea?
  19. Forum:Serious Discussion & Debate

    Thread:Is this political?

    Thread Author:aamirus

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    28
    Views
    269

    ►►Re: Is this political?◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I’m aware. Just not convinced this has been tried to any real degree since most of the responses worldwide to the epidemic have been so mono-dimensional. Most have only talked about Masks and Social Diatancing and not at all about other potential factors. I see these moves as primarily cosmetic, intendes more as a trinket display from governments rather than anything truly attempting to solve problems. Especially seeing as the measures suggested/enforced are so trivial that it doesn’t take more than 5 seconds to arrive at them.

    For example. I have just come back home from the Netherlands and when I landed, I was asked if I had been in any othee country apart from Germany in the past two weeks. I could easily have lied and said no and would literally have gotten away without having to go into isolation for 2 weeks.
    Even more amusingly, I could have 20 negative covid tests taken in Germany and I would still have to quarantine. Likewise I could literally have Covid and not know it but could go out if I had only been in Germany.

    Interwstingly, truck drivers are exempt from quarantine and from isolation in many places. Cosmetic measures.
    These measures are all being informed by epidemiologists, combined with political/legal/economic practicalities. I'm not sure what your point is.
  20. Forum:Serious Discussion & Debate

    Thread:Is this political?

    Thread Author:aamirus

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    28
    Views
    269

    ►►Re: Is this political?◄◄

    You've described the entire field of epidemiology.
  21. Forum:Serious Discussion & Debate

    Thread:Is this political?

    Thread Author:aamirus

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    28
    Views
    269

    ►►Re: Is this political?◄◄

    Dumbfucks are trying to pretend that COVID-19 is a big deal, meanwhile you look at the actual number of deaths and... well...



    Doesn't seem that bad now does it, libs???
  22. Forum:Serious Discussion & Debate

    Thread:Is this political?

    Thread Author:aamirus

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    28
    Views
    269

    ►►Re: Is this political?◄◄

    Ok LIBTARDS let's look at the facts and the logic here.

    According to Google, we humans have about 30 trillion cells in our body, and about 100 million cells die per day. That means about 0.3% of our bodies die per day. But only about 0.07% of the entire US dies per day of COVID. That means that our body's NATURAL CELL DEATH every day is 4 times as much as COVID. But I don't see snowflake liberals trying to cancel biology, do you???????

    Pick up a textbook sometime, MORONS !!
  23. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:TRUMP TEARS THREAD

    Thread Author:oops_ur_dead

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    198
    Views
    4,637

    ►►Re: TRUMP TEARS THREAD◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Twitter, Facebook and Youtube are arguably not private entities.
  24. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:TRUMP TEARS THREAD

    Thread Author:oops_ur_dead

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    198
    Views
    4,637

    ►►Re: TRUMP TEARS THREAD◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I did not make the claim that 'saying that someone's views are stupid' suppresses free speech. It depends on who says it.
    If Distorted says someone's views were stupid (assuming that someone were THERE, on the discord, and assuming that it was intended to reach that someone), it is pretty evidently made to stifle speech.
    If I say it? Who gives a shit? But it's a completely different matter when someone 'in charge' does it. Imagine if Justin Trudeau went ahead and said "oops is a retard and nobody should listen to him". How would you feel?

    Also, you're still talking about legal issues lol when I already agreed that from a legal standpoint you are totally in your right to ban someone from your site for being a Trump supporter. Just remember that when Slaol swung his admin dick around, he got demoted. For admin abuse. You or anyone, for that matter, hypothetically banning Trump supporters would fall in the same scenario for me.
    Sure, all of that makes sense.
  25. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:TRUMP TEARS THREAD

    Thread Author:oops_ur_dead

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    198
    Views
    4,637

    ►►Re: TRUMP TEARS THREAD◄◄

    No, you shouldn't do that. That's why you're free to react however you want to someone doing something like that to you.

    Banning someone from the site for expressing their views is exercising freedom of property. Nobody is obligated to provide resources for another to express their opinions, allowing them to do so is at the discretion of whoever is providing those resources. You are free to make your own site where you don't ban people, or ban people you disagree with.

    There is a difference between what "should" happen and what should be forced to happen. Yes, people should be awarded courtesy. You are also free to criticize those who don't provide courtesy, though some might make fun of you for bitching over it, maybe you have a point anyway. But none of that is against the principle of free speech. Complaining that someone is suppressing your free speech by saying your views are stupid and you're a dumbass, or even banning you from a site, is pretty bitchmade imo. And I'll vehemently oppose anyone that tries to restrict the right for people to use their property and words as they see fit.
  26. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:TRUMP TEARS THREAD

    Thread Author:oops_ur_dead

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    198
    Views
    4,637

    ►►Re: TRUMP TEARS THREAD◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Whether or not you agree doesn't mean you get to tell others you hate their views.
    Of course you can, you can say whatever you want. That's what free speech is.

    I'm fully free to tell you you're a fucking dumbass and that your views are straight up retarded. I could even ban you from the site if I wanted to, just for being a Trump supporter.

    Then you and others are free to respond however you want to me doing that, including calling me a libtard snowflake and leaving the site in mass.

    That's what freedom is. Not your pussified hugbox elementary school "everyone's opinions matter " bullshit.
  27. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:TRUMP TEARS THREAD

    Thread Author:oops_ur_dead

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    198
    Views
    4,637

    ►►Re: TRUMP TEARS THREAD◄◄

    This thread is performance art.
  28. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:testing bed

    Thread Author:Oberon

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    14
    Views
    475

    ►►Re: testing bed◄◄

    who the hell is being mean to mag lol
  29. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:testing bed

    Thread Author:Oberon

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    14
    Views
    475

    ►►Re: testing bed◄◄

    swear to god i wanna just slit my wrists
  30. Replies
    131
    Views
    1,403

    ►►Re: Is celebrating the defeat of Trump a good thing?◄◄

    That's literally exactly what I said
  31. Replies
    131
    Views
    1,403

    ►►Re: Is celebrating the defeat of Trump a good thing?◄◄

    I think he's just so far up his own ass that he can't accept the fact that he lost. It just doesn't register in his brain.

    He's probably going out with dementia like his dad, dude can barely even lift a glass of water. Poor guy should have been put out to pasture years ago.
  32. Replies
    131
    Views
    1,403

    ►►Re: Is celebrating the defeat of Trump a good thing?◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I understand what you are saying and it is a fair point but I just disagree. I am sure we have all seen sports games where a last minute call by a ref changed the outcome of the game and people leave that game yelling about how they were cheated because of the call. If you have a contest and then after the contest yell that the result was unfair because the pre-agreed rules are wrong how much different is that than saying the rules have been violated? In either case its a push to invalidate your opponents victory.

    In terms of football I could see it being like saying "Fieldgoals are stupid and shouldn't be allowed anyways, If they were not allowed we would have won" vs "They deflated the balls and had an advantage."

    Even if you want to disagree on the electoral college bit I don't think you would call my argument as a whole as disingenuous. Pick your own equivalence out the tantrums thrown by democrats after Hillary lost to Trump if you would like. My point is that 'Loosing' or even 'Winning' with grace has a very clear parallel with sportsmanship. And that there are some very interesting systemic questions we can ask about our society when looking at that parallel.
    I still think your football analogy illustrates that the two arguments are fundamentally different, one being more valid than the other (although I have absolutely no knowledge of American football so maybe it's not, but whatever). If one holds the belief that fieldgoals are stupid and shouldn't be allowed, and then a team wins because of that, then one would be valid in continuing to criticize fieldgoals. I can understand your point if someone came up with the fieldgoals justification after the fact to think of any reason for why the other team's win wasn't "legitimate", then that would be sore loser behaviour. But if one holds a predetermined belief that fieldgoals are stupid, and a team wins only because fieldgoals are allowed, then they are fully within their rights to hold that as an example. Once again, nobody claimed that Trump won illegitimately or that he cheated, just that he won through a system that many people think is flawed, and that the system should changed, not even necessarily because of his win but on principle.

    On the other hand, someone saying "they deflated the balls and had an advantage" absolutely is being a sore loser, especially if one has no evidence of that happening. There is no predetermined belief here other than "the other team cannot possibly win". There is no criticism of the system or suggested resolution or change in underlying beliefs here; it's a very clear bias towards a specific side and an attempt to create a justification explaining a single event rather than holding an event as an example of a perceived systemic flaw.
  33. Replies
    131
    Views
    1,403

    ►►Re: Is celebrating the defeat of Trump a good thing?◄◄

    It's a shame this thread was closed, I feel like there was some cool discussion. I didn't even get to respond to Helz's post.
  34. Replies
    131
    Views
    1,403

    ►►Re: Is celebrating the defeat of Trump a good thing?◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    And I think Hitler's adoration there can be linked to their adoration of Trump. They really do love strongman politicians, especially ones that cater to their interests. Quick google search of the question 'Why do Indians love Trump/Hitler nets the "Indians love strongman" general opinion based on the results. Obviously my use of 'they' shouldn't translate to literally every single Indian, but a good amount of them.
    Yeah this was the only point I even made, if we're trying to intellectually discuss what I said outside of posting funny images.

    There are also people in India that name their kids Lenin and Stalin for the exact same reason but obviously I'm not trying to equate them to Hitler in any way lmao.

    Me pointing out that Gandhi is controversial isn't inaccurate, I've spoken to Indians who have a wide range of opinions on him, from adoration, to respect with healthy concern due to his personal life, to outright hate. I wasn't trying to link that in any way to any fandom around Hitler, thinking that I was trying to is absolute absurdity.
  35. Replies
    131
    Views
    1,403

    ►►Re: Is celebrating the defeat of Trump a good thing?◄◄

    Thank you for posting those screenshots, I was too lazy to since I'm on my phone. They point out.... Exactly what I just said.

    Maybe the only inaccurate part I said was generalizing all of India by saying they love "big strongman type" people. Of course not everyone in India loves Hitler, it's a small weird fandom if anything.
  36. Replies
    131
    Views
    1,403

    ►►Re: Is celebrating the defeat of Trump a good thing?◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Have you ever questioned your absolute hatred of conservatism? You've even said that 'I abhor conservatism' due to 'its inherent authoritarianism' (the last part is paraphrased). I'm quite sure that if you took a moment to examine your beliefs you would discover that, probably not so deep down, you are quite heavily biased where you cannot even accept the left is bad (not even the entire left, just a very vocal segment of it), if the right isn't bad as well. The problem is that the right is indeed 'bad' on some level, but the level of 'bad' is substantially different. You don't see people on the right trying to shame others out of their political beliefs or 'recommending anti-psychotics'.

    To give you an example of the absurdities you sometimes reach, I'll refer to your meme about India where you pretty much made the claim that Hitler was more popular than Gandhi in India and that Hitler was popular there for the exact same reason that Trump is. I mean. I cannot make this shit up.
    You know, hearing your conclusions on that last bit, I really have to wonder if the way you twist things is intentional or if you just fundamentally have such a warped sense of understanding and input of facts that you really believe these types of things. If you think that I ever said Hitler is more popular than Gandhi in India, or that Hitler being popular for the same reason as Trump in anyway implies me equating the two, then you legitimately have a flaw in logical reasoning and how you interpret what others say. Either that, or you intentionally demonize and strawman people you disagree with.

    As for the rest of your post, I'll say that I don't hate Conservatives and I don't even think the left is great. I actually post anti-leftist memes all the time. I just think that the left is more intellectually honest than the right and if I had to pick my poison then I'd prefer them.

    Also, perfectly in line with my last post, your entire response was tone policing and "left bad too". Bravo.
  37. Replies
    131
    Views
    1,403

    ►►Re: Is celebrating the defeat of Trump a good thing?◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I remember when I was a little kid playing sports one of the things they really pushed against was being a soar looser and saying "The other side cheated". Reminds me of the popular pushes that "Its just because of the electoral college" and the current "It was fraud."
    I take a bit of exception to this because the two arguments are not the same, and I think it's a bit disingenuous to claim that they are. "It's just because of the electoral college", referring to Trump's victory, is not an unfactual statement. Biden also won because of the electoral college. The point there was that the electoral college led to Trump winning despite him having a minority of votes. The debate wasn't that Trump's victory was in any way fraudulent or illegal, but rather a criticism of the underlying mechanism that got him elected, and a call for potential change. Whether or not you agree with the criticism is another point; maybe you can find pros and cons for the electoral college, and maybe it was laid on a bit more thickly than it would have otherwise been because it was Trump. But if one believes that whoever gets the most popular vote should become leader, that wasn't a "sore loser" moment at all, or even claiming that anyone cheated, just a very rare example of why the system is broken under that premise (last time was in 2000 with Bush vs Gore, and before that in the 1800s).

    The fraud thing is definitely thus far a set of unsubstantiated claims, and without a doubt something Trump planned to do from the beginning. I think one would have to be a fool to imagine that there is any scenario in which Trump would have accepted that he lost the election fairly. I don't think the two "sides" are comparable here.
  38. Replies
    131
    Views
    1,403

    ►►Re: Is celebrating the defeat of Trump a good thing?◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I mean. I'm not sure what you're expecting me to say this because the only thing I can do is just return to sender and I have no interest in that. We can keep juggling that until the sun dies.
    Maybe you should just try to be more open minded? Lol
    I mean it's more that I've given up on arguing with you in earnest. Every single one of your posts is like listening to some talking head like Ben Shapiro, Tucker Carlson, or whoever the fuck, except even worse because half the time you don't even understand their original point that you're trying to regurgitate. Any attempts to discuss anything with you inadvertently lead to either 1) "left bad too" 2) deflections to completely unrelated points that somehow popped into your head because you have no idea how to respond to a given argument or 3) tone policing and random accusations of ad hom fallacies.

    It's more fun and productive to just directly watch the latest Tucker Carlson video and yell at the screen than try to get the same information from you but half-digested.
  39. Replies
    131
    Views
    1,403

    ►►Re: Is celebrating the defeat of Trump a good thing?◄◄

    >Kween Kop Kamala
    >radical left
    >AOC
    >running anything

    I am legitimately recommending anti-psychotics at this point.
  40. Replies
    131
    Views
    1,403

    ►►Re: Is celebrating the defeat of Trump a good thing?◄◄

    Have you ever made a single argument defending a conservative stance without it being some variant of "left bad too"? I'm just curious.
  41. Replies
    131
    Views
    1,403

    ►►Re: Is celebrating the defeat of Trump a good thing?◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    And by the way, the "this doesn't affect your life so fuck off" rhetoric is truly annoying. Advocating for political apathy and blaming people for caring about others whether they are close to them or not is the opposite of what people in the world must do to cultivate prosperity (or more specifically, to cultivate freedom and decent life conditions for as many people as possible). And if you disagree, just let us waste our lives trying to create a better world, since "it won't affect your life anyway"
    Oh I fully agree, in case you were talking about my post. I used that phrase because I've heard it so much in defence of Trump.
  42. Replies
    131
    Views
    1,403

    ►►Re: Is celebrating the defeat of Trump a good thing?◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    "Nobody said that Trump got elected through fraud"
    People were literally claiming Russians interfered in the election to secure Donald Trump's election. As you would say, 'you're straight up wrong lmao'.
    Nobody ever claimed that Russia committed actual election fraud.
  43. Replies
    131
    Views
    1,403

    ►►Re: Is celebrating the defeat of Trump a good thing?◄◄

    Don't think the Democrats bashed anyone for actually celebrating, to my memory. Bashed Trump and his supporters maybe, but not the celebrating part.

    There was protest, yes. However the protest was against Trump's platform and rhetoric, and not against the democratic process. At least how I interpreted it. Nobody said that Trump got elected through fraud, though some did claim he got elected through a flawed electoral system (which wasn't a new idea either, and is still a valid concern despite Trump losing).

    My point with the high ground comment is that it doesn't seem to matter. Media skew and agendas are such that right-wing media will find anything at all to criticize their opponents on if they want, and if they can't even do that they'll just make something up. Fucker Carlson said on air at some point in the past couple of days that Biden wants to get rid of corner coffee shops and make everyone drink Starbucks. The point is that if you take the high ground then they'll still find something to vilify you on. Maybe liberal media does the same but I don't really consume any liberal media so I wouldn't know.

    And if you ask me personally, I just like drama and memes. Either way the results of the election weren't gonna affect me directly. Seeing Trump supporters freak out and sob on the streets is great.
  44. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:TRUMP'S DISMISSAL PARTY

    Thread Author:Ash

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    39
    Views
    1,149

    ►►Re: TRUMP'S DISMISSAL PARTY◄◄

    Keep posting, with any luck you'll manage to keep convincing people to vote for Dems and help us flip the senate too.
  45. Replies
    131
    Views
    1,403

    ►►Re: Is celebrating the defeat of Trump a good thing?◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I love it when people post memes about cope cuz it shows you just how bitter they are over the 2016 election =)
    It's pretty obvious how much this is getting to you. Just remember to breathe and not take it so seriously. In the end, whoever wins this election won't actually impact your life.
  46. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:TRUMP TEARS THREAD

    Thread Author:oops_ur_dead

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    198
    Views
    4,637

    ►►Re: TRUMP TEARS THREAD◄◄

    You've already used that line....
  47. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:TRUMP TEARS THREAD

    Thread Author:oops_ur_dead

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    198
    Views
    4,637

    ►►Re: TRUMP TEARS THREAD◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte View Post
    Have you ever seen a vagina in real life that you didn't have to pay for?
    In a way pretty much all of us pay to see a vagina whether directly or indirectly.
  48. Replies
    131
    Views
    1,403

    ►►Re: Is celebrating the defeat of Trump a good thing?◄◄

    Tbh I think the right is gonna boogeyman everyone else no matter what. Have you seen right-wing media? If they can't find any legitimate reason to criticize another viewpoint, they'll literally just make shit up.

    The problem is with them and their media. Blaming anyone else for celebrating is a bit of a victim blaming attitude IMO, and absolves them of their guilt. Blame their media, not the actions of others.

    And just from a personal standpoint, I personally don't give a fuck if they get mad and I think the ones deep enough to get upset over this kind of stuff are also too far removed from reality to be positively influenced by any other person taking the high ground. I literally do not give a shit about how upset they get, and they're free to cry about me saying that as well. I hope they do.
  49. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:TRUMP TEARS THREAD

    Thread Author:oops_ur_dead

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    198
    Views
    4,637

    ►►Re: TRUMP TEARS THREAD◄◄

    Disgusting. This is the last straw for me. Ive been an american citizen for 49 years and in all my time ive NEVER seen an election this bad. Ive had ENOUGH! until you fix this country, Ill moving to Hawaii where they actually know how to run a country. BYE!
  50. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:TRUMP'S DISMISSAL PARTY

    Thread Author:Ash

    Post Author:oops_ur_dead

    Replies
    39
    Views
    1,149

    ►►Re: TRUMP'S DISMISSAL PARTY◄◄

Results 1 to 50 of 2000
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4