Search Results - SC2 Mafia
Register

Search:

Type: Posts; User: Veliaire

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 0.03 seconds.

  1. Replies
    27
    Views
    902

    ►►Re: Your Game has a Real Racism Problem◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
    Was in a game and i am fairly new and a user called Ching Chong Chang was in the lobby and i am Asian so i was calling out he was racist but he was jailor and so he jailed me and killed me automatically, he then continued to kill confirmed town peoples.
    It's unfortunate, but there really isn't anything that can be done about that. It's a Jailor's prerogative to decide who to jail and who to execute. Unless he knew you were town because you were in some way confirmed, then griefing is off the table.

    The name is offensive, but the name alone wouldn't really be reason enough to punish a person. For that, I imagine the name would have to be a racial slur. However, if the name is racial such as "Ching Chong Chang", and the player continues to make racially charged statements. One could assume there is intent for race-based griefing, and you might be able to get them on that.
  2. Replies
    23
    Views
    311

    ►►Re: Intentionally rigged roles in saves◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by ikarusdk View Post
    I believe it should be removed, as there is no counter play to this. We only won that game because evils were lucky and towns weren't very responsive. But I can just imagine how one sided it would be otherwise.
    It's called not targeting the veteran. That's how you win. Mafia wins ties. Mafia can have an interro kill him. Mafia can have a Judge kill him. And if I'm not mistaken, the veteran killed more towns than evils did in that game.
  3. Forum:Mafia 2.0 Public Test

    Thread:Role Request

    Thread Author:AntiMatter

    Post Author:Veliaire

    Replies
    12
    Views
    173

    ►►Re: Role Request◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Serena View Post
    Veliaire I did it! I made the sk save. it has 3 neutral benings and 1 neutral evil. will you play with me later tonight?
    I'm up for it. You host, I'll play.
  4. Replies
    23
    Views
    311

    ►►Re: Intentionally rigged roles in saves◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Unlimited alert veteran is at best, not bright. Trolly
    To a novice, anything that takes them out of their comfort zone is "trolly". An experienced player should be able to adapt without mewling about it.
  5. Replies
    23
    Views
    311

    ►►Re: Intentionally rigged roles in saves◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Serena View Post
    you would have to prove they know them and that they are trolls lolz
    I'm asking just in case this guy tries to pull that crap on me.
  6. Replies
    23
    Views
    311

    ►►Re: Intentionally rigged roles in saves◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I am not at all shocked it is you apparently with this save and prefer behavior.
    Well when you play as many games as I do, someone is bound to complain about your save. I've hosted dozens of saves and this is the first time I've ever gotten a complaint about Veteran. Usually, it's the 100% jailor that people complain about.
  7. Forum:Mafia 2.0 Public Test

    Thread:Role Request

    Thread Author:AntiMatter

    Post Author:Veliaire

    Replies
    12
    Views
    173

    ►►Re: Role Request◄◄

    I'm confused as to how this would work exactly. An investigator checks you at night, what would he find? What does a role do during the day except talk and vote? If your other half can't do anything during the day, wouldn't he be found out just by counting votes? If one of you gets lynched, do both of you lose? What is the win condition?
  8. Replies
    23
    Views
    311

    ►►Re: Intentionally rigged roles in saves◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    it's in a grey area. Griefing charge is sometimes applied for repeatedly hosting egregiously troll saves.
    What of people who join a lobby hosted by someone with a save they know they don't like, only to leave and start a new lobby as soon as the game starts? Is that a reportable griefing offense?
  9. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:New Role Idea: Warewolf

    Thread Author:AntiMatter

    Post Author:Veliaire

    Replies
    5
    Views
    90

    [New Role] ►►Re: New Role Idea: Warewolf◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by AntiMatter View Post
    Yeah that sounds about right.
    I really like this idea. I think though, that it's so similar to cultist that it might be better to add the option to the cultist role. I don't think a new converting role would work because either cultist and werewolves can't convert one another, thus limiting the pool from which they can convert-- or-- they can convert one another and that opens the door to conflicts of interest because the newly converted member will be aware of all the members of his or her former group. However, if the Cultist was given the option to have delayed conversion then those issues would go away... and to make it more appealing than a regular cultist who can convert the same night they visit, the modified cultist might be able to convert NI targets, or perhaps the 4 cultist limit can be eliminated.

    What I like most about this idea is that it gives doctor a more valuable role than it already has. Often times, as a doctor, you can go a whole game without ever making any difference because you have to visit a target the same night as the person you are protecting from. With this role, doctors are given an extra day to save someone. I like that.
  10. Replies
    23
    Views
    311

    ►►Re: Intentionally rigged roles in saves◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Serena View Post
    "Grace" is an angry bitch and she's just mad that we defeated her, me and my mafia team lolz.
    Haters are gonna hate! Lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Serena View Post
    I enjoy mysterious saves that you never know what it will be like. Also the double serial killer save is fun because sometimes I get serial killer, hey!
    Same here. I love 8331s that have 2 random triad and 3 random neutral, where the neutrals have no restrictions. You never know what you're going to get and that makes things much more fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by Serena View Post
    I should actually hop on mafia right now and recreate that save!!!!!! I wanna play it again tonight.
    You should! I'd be up for playing that save.
  11. Replies
    23
    Views
    311

    ►►Re: Intentionally rigged roles in saves◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Serena View Post
    I like the double serial killer saves. Whoever made that lobby kudos. It's been one of my favorite lobbies to play so far in sc2mafia. Also I got to play as mafia and my team won when "Grace" was defeated. lolz
    I love saves that break from 8331. I used to have a save where it was town vs neutrals, but I would get so much grief from people who are obsessed with 8331 that I conformed. I love it when someone hosts a unique save like the one you mentioned. It makes things more exciting and forces you to think differently instead of relying on routine and predictability like a crutch.
  12. Replies
    23
    Views
    311

    ►►Re: Intentionally rigged roles in saves◄◄

    Just to give some context, I didn't even create the lobby of the game he's talking about. Someone else had, and the host asked if anyone had a save. Nobody responded so I did. In my save, the chance for a veteran to spawn is low. I have hosted dozens of saves with my current set up and only have seen a veteran spawn a handful of times. Everyone knows I like Jailors much more so for this guy to say I am preferring Veterans is a complete joke.

    The save originally contained a 2 alert veteran and an unlimited execution jailor with a 100% spawn rate, but I got too much push back on that, so I reduced the jailor to 3 executions and made the vet have unlimited alerts. The vet spawn rate was reduced so that their occurrence would be rare.
  13. Replies
    23
    Views
    311

    ►►Re: Intentionally rigged roles in saves◄◄

    Are you still crying about this? I will be sure to make sure I give Jailors unlimited executions, just for you. If you don't like it then make your own lobby.

    For anyone who cares, Town actually lost the game the OP is talking about. So evidently, it's not impossible for evils to win in a save with an unlimited alerts Veteran. Why he is still complaining 4 days after the fact is beyond me.
  14. Forum:Mafia 2.0 Public Test

    Thread:Upcoming 2.0 Spy Changes

    Thread Author:Frinckles

    Post Author:Veliaire

    Replies
    2
    Views
    256

    ►►Re: Upcoming 2.0 Spy Changes◄◄

    I will say this. It will be nice to be able to communicate findings as a vanguard or administrator, without fear of spy finding out and alerting town of those roles.
  15. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:New Role Idea: Warewolf

    Thread Author:AntiMatter

    Post Author:Veliaire

    Replies
    5
    Views
    90

    [New Role] ►►Re: New Role Idea: Warewolf◄◄

    I'm imagining cultist meets poisoner. Like, a werewolf bites someone, and they will turn into a werewolf in 2 days unless a doctor heals them.
  16. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:Escape Artist

    Thread Author:Veliaire

    Post Author:Veliaire

    Replies
    1
    Views
    19

    [New Role] ►►Re: Escape Artist◄◄

    If you think this role sucks, I encourage you to tell me how you would make it better, instead of just saying it sucks. I genuinely look forward to the feedback.
  17. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:Escape Artist

    Thread Author:Veliaire

    Post Author:Veliaire

    Replies
    1
    Views
    19

    [New Role] ►►Escape Artist◄◄

    Escape Artist (Neutral Benign)
    Crimes: Identity Theft


    This role will have a passive ability like Jester or Executioner. The win condition will be to replace a person who lynched you. Instead of there being an execution sequence, there will be an escape sequence and one of the guilty voters will be switched with the Escape Artist. The role that appears to the town after the lynching will be the role of the person who was replaced. If the Escape Artist is lynched during a group execution and/or during court, the win condition will not be met. They will be unable to escape and there would be no escape sequence.

    The Escape Artist will be a unique role, with only 1 allowed per lobby. Like the Disguiser, the Escape Artist will be unable to copy the role of the person that is replaced. The Escape Artist will be able to infiltrate any group with a night chat, but the group will immediately know that you are an impostor because the role will appear as "Escape Artist". If the Escape Artist replaces a GF, a mafioso will be created from one of the remaining members. Mafia/Triad will be able to target and kill the Escape Artist. However, an Escape Artist will kill any disguiser/informant that targets him or her similarly to how a witch/enchantress can kill one another.

    Like Cultists and Mason Leaders, the Escape Artist should spawn with Marshalls.

    Given strong feedback I've been given from people advocating for Mafia/Triad in a traditional 8331 setting, the Escape Artist should have the option not to know the members of the group he or she has infiltrated. Though, he or she can still see what is said in night chat, the Escape Artist will not know who is saying it and will have to rely on their own deductive skills to figure out who it is based on what is said at night.

    An Escape Artist must be convincingly-town enough not to be lynched by a Marshall but convincingly-evil enough not to be lynched by a Judge. In addition to the fact that all of town will know that they've lynched an Escape Artist, this balancing act should significantly reduce the incidents of extreme trolling before and after the win condition is met. To the player, the Escape Artist would feel like a combination of Jester and Executioner, but the role would be associated with a much lower likelihood of trolling.

    I believe this role will be a strong deterrent to early random lynches. Depending on the setting, the new role should also incentivize experimenting with new and exciting save-types instead of people defaulting to an 8331.
  18. Forum:Mafia 2.0 Public Test

    Thread:New Role Idea: Escape Artist

    Thread Author:Veliaire

    Post Author:Veliaire

    Replies
    12
    Views
    152

    ►►Re: New Role Idea: Escape Artist◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    Yes.
    Fair enough, but I think that its better to give a role more options to eliminate undesirable results than to eliminate a job out right. Given the strong push back I've been given for the pro 8331 crowd, perhaps an option can be added to the Escape Artist for them not to know the identities of the members of the group he or she infiltrates.
  19. Replies
    45
    Views
    1,141

    ►►Re: Should Honest Men, reveal their roles to Jailor?◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocist View Post
    when apo used to play, she would never truthfully reveal their role to anyone except for jailors or PMs
    Somehow this doesn't surprise me. You are wise to always reveal your role to a jailor while in jail, but it is never a good idea not to reveal to a confirmed role, when asked-- given there is no town government currently leading town. If you question whether or not the role is truly confirmed, raise suspicions to the town. If you are not going to PM then expect to be jailed and executed or shot by a vigilante.
  20. Replies
    45
    Views
    1,141

    ►►Re: Should Honest Men, reveal their roles to Jailor?◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    If jailors can execute n1. Vigilantes should also be allowed.

    Equal rights for all murderers!
    I dont know about other jailors but I only execute after an interrogation of my prisoner, and I am certain they need to be executed. A vigilante is unable to justify a n1 shooting because they have no reason to shoot.
  21. Replies
    2
    Views
    73

    {Watch List} ►►MassDerbater 1-S2-1-11771482◄◄

    Account Name: MassDerbater
    Account ID: 1-S2-1-11771482
    In-Game Name: Notorious KKK

    Crimes Committed: Griefing(Racism)

    Your Account Name: Veliaire
    Summary: This person used the N word frequently and offended people so much that he caused both the DH and Vig to shoot him the same night. I personally believe that this is a smurf, given his number of games played and how he came out of the woodworks with strong racism, but I have no evidence of it. I'd recommend he be banned, but I know you guys like to give out warnings first, so I'll keep an eye open for more offenses.

    Replay: Name: MassDerbater.SC2Replay
Views: 2
Size: 355.0 KB
  22. Forum:Mafia 2.0 Public Test

    Thread:New Role Idea: Escape Artist

    Thread Author:Veliaire

    Post Author:Veliaire

    Replies
    12
    Views
    152

    ►►Re: New Role Idea: Escape Artist◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    I am awfully hung up on the fact that this role completely breaks the faction the game is named after, yes.
    There's nothing more boring than the same old saves day in and day out. The monotony. The predictability. Mixing things up won't break any factions. Think outside the 8331 box. There's nothing that says all saves must have 3 or more mafia/triad especially since there are so many neutral roles.
  23. Forum:Mafia 2.0 Public Test

    Thread:New Role Idea: Escape Artist

    Thread Author:Veliaire

    Post Author:Veliaire

    Replies
    12
    Views
    152

    ►►Re: New Role Idea: Escape Artist◄◄

    You seem to be awfully hung up on what the role would mean for Mafia/Triad in an 8331 setup. I'll say it again, new and interesting roles shouldn't be sacrificed to protect a certain set-up. I for one would love to play something different and not be forced into the same set-up forever.

    Playing it safe and sterile always makes for the most boring experiences.
  24. Forum:Mafia 2.0 Public Test

    Thread:New Role Idea: Escape Artist

    Thread Author:Veliaire

    Post Author:Veliaire

    Replies
    12
    Views
    152

    ►►Re: New Role Idea: Escape Artist◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    I don't think it's ever a good idea to include a role that can irreparably ruin the game for mafia on a high roll. You have to consider the best and worst cases when you make a role. At best, this is a jester that can enter a town core or become a kingmaker after completing his objective. At worst, this role wins and then outs the entire mafia team to end the game faster. I don't see the appeal.
    And yet it can't do more damage than a Judge at its worse, who can take out all evils on one -lynch. Should we remove Judge from the game now because of that rare possibility?
  25. Replies
    6
    Views
    194

    {Permanently Banned} ►►Re: WEWUZKANGZ 1-S2-1-10371102◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangz View Post
    I will not be stopped and other players will not be stopped. I PROMISE im a more competent player than this human being veliaire if you can even call something so feeble a human being to begin with.
    You were stopped, by me. You will always be stopped by me. I say that to you not to rub salt into your wounds, but to save you the time of trying to beat me because that will never happen. I will always be there to report you, no matter what smurf slithers into a lobby.
  26. Forum:Mafia 2.0 Public Test

    Thread:Role Request

    Thread Author:AntiMatter

    Post Author:Veliaire

    Replies
    12
    Views
    173

    ►►Re: Role Request◄◄

    I think we're all town during the day ;)
  27. Forum:Mafia 2.0 Public Test

    Thread:New Role Idea: Escape Artist

    Thread Author:Veliaire

    Post Author:Veliaire

    Replies
    12
    Views
    152

    ►►Re: New Role Idea: Escape Artist◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    I'm always surprised to see an arcade player suggest a role that can potentially know the identities of the mafia without being aligned with the mafia. There is absolutely nothing stopping this role from replacing into mafia and revealing all of their names and roles since the escape artist doesn't have to stay alive.

    This forces the mafia to waste a night killing (and cleaning) the artist rather than furthering their own win condition, all because they were randomly punished for lynching someone. To that extent this role is a far more destructive equivalent of the jester.

    It's never fun to be outed by a hacker or a thrower. This wouldn't feel any different. In its current state it's not fun.
    Yes, it will be more challenging for the Mafia with an Escape Artist in the game and might cause them to adjust their gameplay and think on their feet.

    The stars would need to align to be as you say. In a traditional 8-3-3-1, the Escape Artist would need to be lynched during the first couple of nights to do irreparable damage to the Mafia, and that's assuming they can convince town-- all assuming the Escape Artist is a troll who would want to do that to begin with. But lets say that the low chance of that happening would be too much for a person to take. Perhaps then, instead of accommodating the 8-3-3-1 save, a new standard could be explored? Perhaps a save where there are only 2 mafia?

    The whole idea with this role is to get people to think differently and play differently. Maybe its time the 8-3-3-1 shared the spotlight with another type of save. Mix things up and make things interesting?
  28. Forum:Mafia 2.0 Public Test

    Thread:New Role Idea: Escape Artist

    Thread Author:Veliaire

    Post Author:Veliaire

    Replies
    12
    Views
    152

    ►►Re: New Role Idea: Escape Artist◄◄

    Imagine for a moment that a Marshall reveals himself. This is a Jester's dream come true, but it would be an Escape Artist's nightmare. Situations like these should lead to completely different gameplay from those two roles. You don't want to straight up offer fake leads before you know what the gov will be because that will determine how you will proceed. This role requires you to think differently.
  29. Forum:Mafia 2.0 Public Test

    Thread:New Role Idea: Escape Artist

    Thread Author:Veliaire

    Post Author:Veliaire

    Replies
    12
    Views
    152

    ►►Re: New Role Idea: Escape Artist◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Loldebite View Post
    I dont understand how the EA wins : does he win when he gets lynched, and then replaces one of the guiltiers ?
    The Escape Artist wins by replacing someone. So the goal isn't just to get lynched. It's to get lynched in a way that gives you that win condition. Being courted or being part of a group execution will not give you the win condition.

    Quote Originally Posted by Loldebite View Post
    That looks like a bad idea IMO, since then you basically have a jester that still lives after winning, ie an even more troll executionner.

    What makes this role different from an Executioner is that town will know for certain that they lynched an Escape Artist, so trolling after the fact won't really be an issue. The Escape Artist will need to tread carefully. If he plays the obvious Jester then town won't lynch. If he plays a convincing town role, he might get courted.
  30. Forum:Mafia 2.0 Public Test

    Thread:New Role Idea: Escape Artist

    Thread Author:Veliaire

    Post Author:Veliaire

    Replies
    12
    Views
    152

    ►►New Role Idea: Escape Artist◄◄

    Escape Artist (Neutral Benign)
    Crimes: Identity Theft


    This role will have a passive ability like Jester or Executioner. The win condition will be to replace a person who lynched you. Instead of there being an execution sequence, there will be an escape sequence and one of the guilty voters will be switched with the Escape Artist. The role that appears to the town after the lynching will be the role of the person who was replaced. If the Escape Artist is lynched during a group execution, the win condition will not be met because they will be unable to escape.

    The Escape Artist will be a unique role, with only 1 allowed per lobby. Like the Disguiser, the Escape Artist will be unable to copy the role of the person that is replaced. The Escape Artist will be able to infiltrate any group with a night chat, but the group will immediately know that you are an impostor because the role will appear as "Escape Artist". If the Escape Artist replaces a GF, a mafioso will be created from one of the remaining members. Mafia/Triad will be able to target and kill the Escape Artist. However, an Escape Artist will kill any disguiser/informant that targets him.

    The Escape Artist can be night immune and/or immune to conversion depending on the settings.
  31. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Selective Punishment

    Thread Author:Veliaire

    Post Author:Veliaire

    Replies
    27
    Views
    558

    ►►Re: Selective Punishment◄◄

    This isn't about me or my history with other players here, or about whatever JagdPanther may have done in the past and his history with other players here. Please stop making it personal. This post is about selective punishment. Whether or not something will be done is up to you. Just look at the comments I've gotten so far. I will say this, at least Voss tried to see things from my perspective and wasn't 100% dismissive after hearing me out, and I genuinely appreciate that. From others in a position to actually do something, all I have gotten are excuses and passive aggressive comments. I've been told I am having a melt down. I have been accused of harassment. My concerns have been dismissed as "baseless" and "nonsensical". It's all good because all it does is confirm what I already suspected in the first place.

    Someone asked what I hope to get out of this. What's my end goal. That would be up to you to decide. If all you do is acknowledge your implicit and explicit biases, then that would be a win for the community.

    And no, I don't want anyone removed as a mod. Why would they remove an unpaid volunteer for doing an incomplete job? It's still half the job done for free.
  32. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Selective Punishment

    Thread Author:Veliaire

    Post Author:Veliaire

    Replies
    27
    Views
    558

    ►►Re: Selective Punishment◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Ok I see the issue. Sarcasm doesn’t come across well through text and you don’t know mostache well. That’s his standard response to someone attacking him for no reason - sarcastically agree. Maybe that’s not the most professional thing to do but this is a volunteer position and it’s extremely draining dealing with baseless nonsensical mod abuse accusations.

    Please go back and re-read what he said to you on discord. I don’t see anything wrong with it at all. You clearly had some high emotions going and didn’t process half of what he said. Just search from mr mostache in discord.
    You have been incredibly dismissive from the very start of this. Yes, we get this is is a unpaid volunteer position that you all chose to do. That doesn't mean that people aren't allowed to voice legitimate concerns.

    This isn't an attack for no reason. This isn't a baseless mod abuse accusation. And no, I don't believe it was sarcasm when he admitted to not liking JagdPanther and then directed me to report people I don't like "too".

    Was he also being sarcastic when he told JagdPanther not to appeal? And don't bother to respond if all you're going to do is slip in another insult.
  33. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Selective Punishment

    Thread Author:Veliaire

    Post Author:Veliaire

    Replies
    27
    Views
    558

    ►►Re: Selective Punishment◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Auwt View Post
    Imagine requesting an appeal at someone's place with the sole basis of having an another person, who was not initially reported, that was not recommended a punishment.
    We are living in a strange world.
    I didn't know it was against the rules to post in a thread that you are not part of, in that section. Then the admin told me so, and I edited the comment and apologized. There's no need to even bring that up here because it's not even relevant, unless your aim is to just discredit me as a bad person or something.
  34. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Same Name Steve cheat..

    Thread Author:LearnFromThis

    Post Author:Veliaire

    Replies
    7
    Views
    257

    ►►Re: Same Name Steve cheat..◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I believe this was discussed by the keepers, but if you decide to give up your anonymity you can't bitch about being targeted.
    Ahh. That's interesting, but how is it any different than targeting default names? Which I believe someone was permabanned for.

    Not asking you directly, it was a rhetorical question. It just seems to me that name targeting of any kind would be against the rules, but I guess that only applies to defaults.
  35. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Same Name Steve cheat..

    Thread Author:LearnFromThis

    Post Author:Veliaire

    Replies
    7
    Views
    257

    ►►Re: Same Name Steve cheat..◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    The solution is to prefer jailor and exe those idiots n1.

    If they use the same name over and over they can't accuse you of "witch hunting" them. Because they chose to give up their anonymity.
    That's name targeting and I believe that's against the rules. You can't just decide to execute someone based on their name without even hearing their claim.

    However, an argument can be made if the name you target -prefer evil roles. But if that's the case then they probably deserve to be executed for picking the same name all the time.

    So maybe you're right, but only in certain situations?
  36. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Selective Punishment

    Thread Author:Veliaire

    Post Author:Veliaire

    Replies
    27
    Views
    558

    ►►Re: Selective Punishment◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    Slightly fair, but this is how I read that discord conversation. If someone's causing grief in games and I, as a hypothetical moderator, would have to keep dealing with the little shit, it would make me not like this individual. And I take it you also don't like people who ruin games.

    I did not read it as reporting someone for not liking them simply for the sake of not liking them (aka better than you or does annoying unbannable things).
    I'm sure that the mod in question feels he has a good reason for not liking JagdPanther, and maybe he did deserve to be banned. That's up to the people who do appeals to decide. My whole thing was the selective enforcement of rules. I don't buy for one second that he didn't notice the racism or didn't know that WEWUZKANGZ uses the n word because I have personally been in games with both of them and know that not to be true. Also, his remarks to JagdPanther about not being able to appeal was clear disinformation.

    I don't want to assume the worst from people, but I feel that there is enough information here for a person to be able to ask these questions and not be made into the bad guy.

    EDIT: The mod in question was observant enough to notice that JagdPanther and CheeseJuice both use the same phrases -- and that's how he figured out that one was a smurf of the other. Someone that observant doesn't just miss the n-word being thrown around, or that the person doing it shares an almost identical name as the person who he personally banned in the past.
  37. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Selective Punishment

    Thread Author:Veliaire

    Post Author:Veliaire

    Replies
    27
    Views
    558

    ►►Re: Selective Punishment◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    If there's a severe staff misbehavior issue that is not just mod abuse in the middle of an Arcade game (in which case I believe there is a section to report exactly that officially), I suggest you go make a thread in the Answer Hall with proof & explaination of the misbehavior (which means screenshots and all) so that action may be taken if necessary. You seem to have good intent here from what I can see, but are probably not going through the right channels.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Someone else suggested I do the same on discord, after I made this thread. I didn't want to be seen as spamming or having a "meltdown" as someone else put it, so I wanted to hold off on that for now to see how this thread goes.. but that's definitely next on my list after I take screenshots and dig through my replays to prove a pattern.
  38. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Selective Punishment

    Thread Author:Veliaire

    Post Author:Veliaire

    Replies
    27
    Views
    558

    ►►Re: Selective Punishment◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    Dunking on the unpaid volunteer staff is my department.

    Again, you assume this malicious intent from the staff of "ignoring" people, so this thread is not going to be productive for any of us. Please do as the arcade staff has suggested: file more reports, or come up with some suggestion on how to improve the process.
    This is not a personal attack against you, or even against the mod in question. I noticed what I saw to be unfair treatment and I am voicing my concerns. We all appreciate the work you unpaid volunteers do to keep this community going, but that doesn't mean that you are all infallible in every situation. What really prompted me to make this thread is when the mod in question admitted he disliked JagdPanther and then suggested to me that I should report people I dislike. That didn't sit right with me, and given my own personality I felt that I should speak up. Please don't take my criticism of one mod's actions as a critique of the SC2 Arcade staff as a whole.
  39. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Selective Punishment

    Thread Author:Veliaire

    Post Author:Veliaire

    Replies
    27
    Views
    558

    ►►Re: Selective Punishment◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    Are you insinuating here that arcade team just bans people they have a problem with or hate?
    No. I am saying flat out that the mod in question selectively punished JagdPanther because he doesn't like him, which he admits, while ignoring obvious rule breaking that he himself PUNISHED a couple of months ago... but this isn't your department, so why bother to even reply? I went to you on discord and you blew me off and now you have the gall to say I'm bitching about things in an unproductive way? That's rich.

    But please, lets keep this civil and not take shots at one another because I don't want this thread shut down.
  40. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Selective Punishment

    Thread Author:Veliaire

    Post Author:Veliaire

    Replies
    27
    Views
    558

    ►►Re: Selective Punishment◄◄

    Also, I love how I went from being "seems good" to "definitely mafia" since I posted this thread last night. I guess some people don't like being called out?
  41. Replies
    6
    Views
    194

    {Permanently Banned} ►►Re: WEWUZKANGZ 1-S2-1-10371102◄◄

    The mod was not unfamiliar with the person because he banned him before and said, and I quote "This is a known guy from some time ago." -- but thank you for doing what he was unwilling to do and getting rid of the known racist who literally uses the n word in every game he's in, that I have personally seen him do in games where that mod was present on several occasions.

    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...-S2-1-10371102
  42. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Selective Punishment

    Thread Author:Veliaire

    Post Author:Veliaire

    Replies
    27
    Views
    558

    ►►Re: Selective Punishment◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
    That would make sense if the mod in question had no idea who WEWUZKANGZ is, but as you yourself linked in that thread, the very same mod banned him here:
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...-S2-1-10371102
    What's more, the mod admits on discord that he doesn't like JagdPanther and told me that I should start reporting people I hate if I have a problem with them.
  43. Replies
    6
    Views
    194

    {Permanently Banned} ►►WEWUZKANGZ 1-S2-1-10371102◄◄

    WEWUZKANGZ 1-S2-1-10371102 is the smurf of WeWereKings, who is banned for racism. In the replay found in the below link, he uses the N word so you can get him for that too. I don't understand why the mod who processed it went out of his way to ban someone who wasn't even mentioned in the report, but ignored all this racism.


    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...928#post948928
  44. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Selective Punishment

    Thread Author:Veliaire

    Post Author:Veliaire

    Replies
    27
    Views
    558

    ►►Selective Punishment◄◄

    What is the protocol for adding people to reports? I have noticed that some mods will add in people they don't like and punish them for random crimes that weren't even reported. I am asking because I see that CheeseJuice was banned for being a smurf based on a report created by another smurf who remains unpunished. To add insult to injury, the smurf who created the report kept dropping N-word bombs which also went unpunished. Interestingly, the original account of the smurf was banned for racism.

    When I brought it to the mod's attention on discord, I was told to make a report. But was a report made against CheeseJuice? No, but he was still banned nonetheless. When I tagged an active mod in discord she says its not her department. So who's department is it? Who deals with mods singling out people they don't like for punishments but ignore everything else?
  45. {Permanently Banned} ►►Re: KuBrofKuSKoC 1-S2-1-10771424 CheeseJuice 1-S2-1-12261420◄◄

    EDITED TO REMOVE STATEMENT.

    I was unaware that posting here was against the rules. I only now saw the infraction I got for it before. Appreciation for not giving another one and letting me know in this thread so I was sure to see it. Won't happen again.
  46. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:It's Time...

    Thread Author:Veliaire

    Post Author:Veliaire

    Replies
    13
    Views
    529

    ►►It's Time...◄◄

    I've been a valued member of the SC2 Mafia community for years now and I think it's time we talked about making me a moderator. How do we get the ball rolling on my ascension? I am eager to get to work.
  47. {Watch List} ►►Re: Watermeloann: 1-S2-1-3122909; Newbie: 1-S2-1-9828640◄◄

    Sickening to see this type of behaviour from a "Senior Member". Thank you team for a fair judgement.
  48. ►►Re: How come a doc cannot save you from being attacked twice at night?◄◄

    Nothing sucks more than having the relief of seeing that green text saying you've been saved be crushed by some more red text saying you're dead bro.
  49. Replies
    4
    Views
    144

    [Misc. Suggestion] ►►Re: Vigilantes should be able to leave a DEATH NOTE!◄◄

    I like this idea. Why can't a vig leave a deathnote anyway? Also, a Witch can leave one but it doesn't work. What's up with that?
  50. {Watch List} ►►Re: Veliaire: 1-S2-1-1728901, Oglethorpe: 1-S2-1-1107352◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by RobaCobre View Post

    Finally I tried to join next lobby and Veliaire was host and kept kicking me, then switched to another lobby hosted by Oglethorpe and he did the same (this time for more than 5 minutes before writing to me that "ey homie join the match, we aint gonna kick you").

    Name: Veliaire & Oglethorpe.SC2Replay
Views: 2
Size: 171.3 KB
    I only kicked you from one lobby because you needed to be taught a lesson. Nice to know that you tried to get me punished because of that. I'll be kicking you a lot more from now on. I can't have snitches in my lobbies.
Results 1 to 50 of 135
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3