Search Results - SC2 Mafia
Register

Search:

Type: Posts; User: Frinckles

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 0.10 seconds.

  1. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    The left hand path.
  2. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:BLACK HOLE SUN

    Thread Author:Frinckles

    Post Author:Frinckles

    Replies
    6
    Views
    109

    ►►Re: BLACK HOLE SUN◄◄

    emoc uoy t'noW
    emoc uoy t'noW
    )nus eloh kcalb ,nus eloh kcalB( emoc uoy t'noW
    )nus eloh kcalb ,nus eloh kcalB( emoc uoy t'noW
    )nus eloh kcalb ,nus eloh kcalB( emoc uoy t'noW
    )nus eloh kcalb ,nus eloh kcalB( emoc uoy t'noW
    )nus eloh kcalb ,nus eloh kcalB( emoc uoy t'noW
    )nus eloh kcalb ,nus eloh kcalB( emoc uoy t'noW
    emoc uoy t'noW
    nus eloh kcalB
    ?niar eht yawa hsaw dnA
    emoc uoy t'noW
    nus eloh kcalB
    emoc uoy t'noW
    emoc uoy t'noW
    nus eloh kcalB
    ?niar eht yawa hsaw dnA
    emoc uoy t'noW
    nus eloh kcalB
    raeppasid tsuj lla uoy lliT
    raef ym nworD
    daeh ym gnaH
    )nus eloh kcalb ,nus eloh kcalB( ?emoc uoy t'noW
    )nus eloh kcalb ,nus eloh kcalB( emoc uoy t'noW
    )nus eloh kcalb ,nus eloh kcalB( emoc uoy t'noW
    )nus eloh kcalb ,nus eloh kcalB( emoc uoy t'noW
    emoc uoy t'noW
    nus eloh kcalB
    ?niar eht yawa hsaw dnA
    emoc uoy t'noW
    nus eloh kcalB
    emoc uoy t'noW
    emoc uoy t'noW
    nus eloh kcalB
    ?niar eht yawa hsaw dnA
    emoc uoy t'noW
    nus eloh kcalB
    eromyna uoy ekil sgnis eno oN
    yawa lleH
    dnes nevaeH
    peek ot yarp I ,htuoy ym nI
    peels gniklaW
    seohs ym nI
    sekans rof gnol oot raf ,semitemoS
    nem tsenoh roF
    enog era semiT
    dneirf derit ,dniw mraw eht laetS
    pmad dna dloC
    gnirettutS
    emoc uoy t'noW
    emoc uoy t'noW
    emoc uoy t'noW
    nus eloh kcalB
    ?niar eht yawa hsaw dnA
    emoc uoy t'noW
    nus eloh kcalB
    niaga maercs uoy raeh ll'I dnA
    maerc eht hguorhT
    eman ym llaC
    daed skool yks eht ,kcalb eht htaeN
    hcnets remmuS
    taeh gnilioB
    ecargsid ym ni nus eht dnA
    ekans eht seiL
    ecaf eht sediH
    swonk eno on sesiugsid nI
    desopsidnI
    seye ym nI
  3. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:BLACK HOLE SUN

    Thread Author:Frinckles

    Post Author:Frinckles

    Replies
    6
    Views
    109

    ►►BLACK HOLE SUN◄◄

    In my eyes
    Indisposed
    In disguises no one knows
    Hides the face
    Lies the snake
    And the sun in my disgrace
    Boiling heat
    Summer stench
    Neath the black, the sky looks dead
    Call my name
    Through the cream
    And I'll hear you scream again
    Black hole sun
    Won't you come
    And wash away the rain?
    Black hole sun
    Won't you come
    Won't you come
    Won't you come
    Stuttering
    Cold and damp
    Steal the warm wind, tired friend
    Times are gone
    For honest men
    Sometimes, far too long for snakes
    In my shoes
    Walking sleep
    In my youth, I pray to keep
    Heaven send
    Hell away
    No one sings like you anymore
    Black hole sun
    Won't you come
    And wash away the rain?
    Black hole sun
    Won't you come
    Won't you come
    Black hole sun
    Won't you come
    And wash away the rain?
    Black hole sun
    Won't you come
    Won't you come (Black hole sun, black hole sun)
    Won't you come (Black hole sun, black hole sun)
    Won't you come (Black hole sun, black hole sun)
    Won't you come? (Black hole sun, black hole sun)
    Hang my head
    Drown my fear
    Till you all just disappear
    Black hole sun
    Won't you come
    And wash away the rain?
    Black hole sun
    Won't you come
    Won't you come
    Black hole sun
    Won't you come
    And wash away the rain?
    Black hole sun
    Won't you come
    Won't you come (Black hole sun, black hole sun)
    Won't you come (Black hole sun, black hole sun)
    Won't you come (Black hole sun, black hole sun)
    Won't you come (Black hole sun, black hole sun)
    Won't you come (Black hole sun, black hole sun)
    Won't you come (Black hole sun, black hole sun)
    Won't you come
    Won't you come
  4. Replies
    25
    Views
    334

    ►►Re: Can ordinary men turn into killers?◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Have you met my wife? She would tear your liver out.
    Kumiho.

    Also Godwin's law has gotten to ridiculous levels in this forum lately.
  5. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    I thought the thread was dead. And then it lit up like a Christmas tree.
  6. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Tucker Carlon's a pretty cool dude, especially since he's not expected to report facts you know, just spew his diatribe that's protected by the 1st amendment. Facts don't matter.

    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9573436.html



    They all fall right of center. Obama was a conservative.
    There are plenty of journalists on both sides that say stupid shit. Rachel Maddow had a 10 million dollar lawsuit against herself 2 months before the one you posted was filed. Not to mention, that article outlining Tucker's lawsuit took a quote from Fox's lawyer out of context. The suit, like many others will just get thrown out.
  7. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    No. I am not very empathetic myself, but I do share many of the classical psychological markers they associate with the left - I am VERY disorderly, and (I believe) relatively high in openness to experience. Thats kinda why this dichotomy is important to me. It made me understand by own beliefs much better.
    For example I am definitely pro-abortion and pro-gay marriage, and pro-guns (my position on social issues is, if doesnt constitute a security risk or an infringement upon someone elses freedom, why not?), but I also believe that religion and culture are nice and important. I believe American laws are, at least in part, based on fundamental religious values. I also think the ideas that are at the core of our society (individualism foremost among them) are extremely important, and that we shouldnt abandon them. Does that make me a conservative?
    Sounds libertarian.

    Also I think pro-choice is a bit better sounding than pro-abortion.
  8. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    Thats one aspect of it but apparently orderliness is too.
    Well yeah. And even those foundations are used to polarize political positions more, especially by the media. For example, does having more empathy make you a better person? Does wanting to protect your country's interests first make you a bad person?

    As far as two types of conservative, I'm sure there are a lot more.
  9. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    Honestly the reasons I initially made this thread were:
    a) I suspect there are two different types of right wingers
    b) I feel neither are particularly well seen by the mainstream media.
    Its a bit bizarre youd mention the title of the thread because I actually meant to contrast them to show that they werent the same thing, and didnt say one was better than the other. I feel they shouldnt be lumped together because theyre different.

    Bizarrely enough not all studies Ive read make this distinction. So maybe its a contentious issue.
    Still its interesting to think that political leanings can be predicted on the basis of temperament.
    There are plenty of types of political views in general; It doesn't matter what side of the spectrum you're on. I'm progressive on some issues and conservative on others. A few of us just showed our results from a political survey that shows this.

    Not sure what you mean by temperament.
  10. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    Thread title has literally no connection to the discussion anyway we all just went off on a tangent
    Well, we stayed in some scope of it when talking about viewpoints on actual issues.
  11. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    This is also my stance on economic and religious issues,
  12. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Wanna join my fuck web?
    Umpah umpah umpah umpah
    Umpah umpah umpah umpah
    Here we go now! Umpah-pah huh yeah, uh yeah
    경고하는데 조심해야 돼 깊을지도 몰라
    여럿 봤는데 못 나오던데 왜? 나도 몰라
    내게 묻지 마 얼마나 깊은지 내 눈은 못 보니까 (hoo hoo)
    허우적대는 저 다른 애들과 넌 다르길 바라
    막 답답하고 숨이 막히고 내게 빠진 거 맞지?
    너무 겁먹지 마 난 바로 너야 넌
    숨만 쉬어도 내 짝이 될 테니까
    Feel the rhythm
    몸이 기억하는 대로 좋아
    Something unforgettable
    바로 지금
    맘이 흘러가는 대로 좋아
    수평선 위를 나는 거야
    Umpah umpah umpah umpah 호흡을 맞추고
    Umpah umpah umpah umpah 두 눈을 맞추고
    Umpah umpah umpah umpah
    너와 나 좋아 something unforgettable
    Let the beat drop
    기분 so so hot hot, ooh yeah yeah
  13. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Ah I'm out of gas tonight, just lurking btw
  14. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    What other factors did you have in mind?
    also, not a trap Rumox. Just genuinely wanted to know your thoughts. <3
  15. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    A child in a single parent household is a lot more susceptible to a life of poverty or general lower quality life. I think the evidence of this is overwhelming. When it comes to the black community, the single parent household number is incredibly high compared to others. Is this the defining reason for low socioeconomic standing for the black community? Debatable. There is definitely other factors to consider but I think this angle is important simply because you can look at single parent households across all races and see the trend of low socioeconomic standing.
    What other factors did you have in mind?
  16. Replies
    83
    Views
    1,910

    ►►Re: SIGNUPS: New Players of the Summer 2020 S-FM ???◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    @Frinckles Could you also teach me why I somehow have 2 more "Rep Power" than you lol; given that you were at the Champs I highly doubt I should have more "Rep Power" than you, especially as someone new to FM. Because otherwise, I don't know what Rep Power is, and what it is for.
    Nobody knows what it is, or what it is for. This is our plight.

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    He abuses his rep so it was nerfed.
    Also this.
  17. Replies
    83
    Views
    1,910

    ►►Re: SIGNUPS: New Players of the Summer 2020 S-FM ???◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    Same.
    I'll teach you the power of kpop, subterfuge and believing that your lies are the ultimate truth. And of course, mimicking players substantially better than you.
  18. Replies
    83
    Views
    1,910

    ►►Re: SIGNUPS: New Players of the Summer 2020 S-FM ???◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    suwuper excited to read this one

    if blink mentors ima mentor too !
    Same.
  19. Forum:Serious Discussion & Debate

    Thread:Black Lives Matter

    Thread Author:BananaCucho

    Post Author:Frinckles

    Replies
    231
    Views
    5,249

    ►►Re: Black Lives Matter◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    This isn't where i parked my car.
    I dont know why you'd park it next to a dumpster fire anyway. Other thread is better.
  20. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Well said. Cheerio mate
    Cheerleader.
  21. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I feel like I can only say:
    "but is that trend you're talking about due to current black people being black or is it perhaps because their ancestors were slaves; getting emancipated with no money, education, and being forced to live in the worst communities; laws setup to put them in prison so they could continue to be used as slave labor.. etc..."
    so many times.

    Brown vs. Board of education was only in 1954. Even if you were to believe the system was 100% equal for everyone from that point onwards, you can't really argue that blacks should have regressed to the mean by now. It's been only a few generations...
    I dont know what the context of this is.
  22. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    You guys can debate this topic for a bit, I'll step aside.

    I had to interject at the religion stuff though, which is something that I am well versed in and feel comfortable holding my own in an argument lol
    Not really a debate, we agree. Lol
  23. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    Well, perhaps I was a bit careless with my wording. It definitely has to do with divorce rates though, but the problem of non-equal black outcomes also stems from black children growing up without both of their parents. One could chalk that up to divorce (like I did) or talk about lack of education on contraception or talk about black culture and it's influence on young males unwilling to pay child support or being sexually promiscuous or violent crimes creating widows and widowers, or victimization taking it's toll on the outlook of young males so they feel they should just do whatever.
    I agree with your conclusions for the most part, but the way you've reached it is backwards. Fatherhood is simply a void in many black communities around the country and as Banana pointed out, a large number of black couples are not getting married at all. To the point where I would argue whether or not divorce is even as large a factor as your attributing.
  24. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    Systemic racism is indeed real, but the poor outcomes of a black person growing up are less because of systemic racism and more because of culture, upbringing, victimization, and other stuff like it. The Black Lives Matter movement ended quite a few things in my state, a neighboring city's governor stepped down, our police chief stepped down, they defunded school police in troubled districts, so the movement has been successful(?) in getting stuff done; however, this does not solve the moral gap people lack.

    America, including black people, are left with a moral gap after the rejection of organized religion. I'm not saying those religions were "good", but they did have a societal function. Those regions (mainly Christianity) kept families together, got fathers to work for the welfare of the family, assigned roles to each member, and promoted the educating of the children by parents.

    People are free to reject religion, it's their choice, but people still need families, communities, and a sense of belonging.
    I'm not going to re-argue my point on why the legitimacy of Systemic Racism is questionable at best. Besides, you seemed to have gotten some of the point by actually posting problems and even offering a solution.
  25. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    only awesome borders were the bookstores RIP

    pick one: hakeem olajuwon or yao ming
    Non-question. Hakeem.
  26. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    I thought there was a serious discussion board on here too ooopppppssieeeee. I still stand by american football being dumb tho😛

    borders are dumb too whats the point of being patriotic ;3
    Borders are awesome. And you know we like NBA around here.
  27. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    But Race, Culture, Patriotism, Foreign Policy -- those are things I like to talk about.
  28. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    I do like that Pringles has stopped lurking and started playing btw
    Oh I understand what you mean now. Lol

    Yeah well the last two political threads felt like circlejerks as opposed to discussion/debate. Plus as we learned last time I'm pretty politically neutral.
  29. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Absolutely derailed.
  30. Replies
    83
    Views
    1,910

    ►►Re: SIGNUPS: New Players of the Summer 2020 S-FM ???◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash Lael View Post
    Hi, I owe Frinckles a game here because I lost a bet to him at mafia champs. Just signalling my availability if he wants me to join this one.
    Ayyy! Welcome!
  31. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    I do like that Pringles has stopped lurking and started playing btw
    I'm at work moving everything into boxes because our office is moving. :P despite the fact that we will be working from home anyway.
  32. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    Personally I think it's more brand protection than systemic racism. When it comes to the commercial world it all comes down to protecting that $, hence why no other team took him on. I haven't read much into the situation so I won't pretend I am an expert, that's just my face value interpretation.
    This is exactly why he got a tasty confidential settlement. Similar things have happened in the NBA.
  33. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Sure, if I wanted to ask a rhetorical question.
    So you don't think the response from the NFL would be the same? I just dont see the point in comparing apples to oranges that don't exist in your question.
  34. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Kaepernick was blackballed from the league for protesting systemic racism. Teams like my favorite team (the Steelers) played fucking "Duck" Hodges over taking a chance on Kaep. Fucking Duck Hodges. It was bad.

    That would have not happened to a talented white player protesting "gun rights" or whatever.
    Protesting police brutality is fine. That is the name of the issue.

    Your second example does not make sense, by the way. Perhaps you could phrase it, "would this happen to a talented white player protesting police brutality?"
  35. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Damn I always wanted to use an archaic word in a sentence.
  36. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    The clich that I'm always up to somethings is greatly exaggerated.

    I'm simply asking how you're tying the two together. Systemic Racism broadly explains away the shortcomings of communities of color and frames the world as against you at every level. It pushes you down. Systemic Racism is a boogie-man with no face because it is not tangible. Police brutality is tangible. Police brutality has a face. Thats my point.

    Also he totally got a confidential settlement and is fine with it.
    And in the same vein, what else is tangible? Black communities living impoverished paying taxes to public schools who get less than white schools is not an issue of white privilege or Systemic Racism. It is an issue of economics. It is an issue of black children growing up without a father. Hell, one of the best platforms that the BLM movement has is the desire to help children in these situations grow up with communal guidance. To find an alternative to the nuclear family because it has become more and more uncommon. This is another complicated issue, but people do not talk about it. People don't feel warrant or authority to talk about it. A child's failures are left up to this wistless idea that they were destined to fail. That is wrong, and its what we're teaching them.
  37. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    Oh my god. That is incredibly hilarious and sad
    It's fucking gold.
  38. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Okay, so you're trying to quiz me lol.
    The clich that I'm always up to somethings is greatly exaggerated.

    I'm simply asking how you're tying the two together. Systemic Racism broadly explains away the shortcomings of communities of color and frames the world as against you at every level. It pushes you down. Systemic Racism is a boogie-man with no face because it is not tangible. Police brutality is tangible. Police brutality has a face. Thats my point.

    Also he totally got a confidential settlement and is fine with it.
  39. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    Yeah David Webb's speech resonated with me the most. Well spoken.
    Here's a related one as well I enjoyed.

  40. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    I was watching some YouTube channel (OxfordUnion??? idk something pretentious like that) and they talked specifically about systemic racism. The room is divided left and right with people that agree and disagree with the topic of the day, and they speak. Really great listen I'll try and find it.
    I watched all of those yesterday incidentally. David Webb is fantastic.
  41. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    I don't know about the fear statistic, but here's a couple of surprising ones: Americans (not just white Americans, also black Americans) are more likely to underestimate black people's pain: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0048546

    This could partially explain why black people are less likely to receive pain medication than white people (medical bias and racism is an important topic that a lot of people forget about btw): https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...96064400700990

    Black people are also more likely to be seen by white people as superhuman. This could partially explain the difference in use of force by police, as they view black people are more physically capable than they really are: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs...48550614553642
    Those studies are bizarre but interesting. Much of this looks like general stereotypes.
  42. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    "To you", what's the point of this question? Do you disagree with systemic racism existing? Or are you just trying to quiz me here?
    I disagree with it yes. But I was curious what you thought of the concept and how it relates to a black man taking a knee.
  43. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    The US has a long way to go still to combat systemic racism. Yes it has made strides. But here a talented black man can get blacklisted from the NFL for protesting peacefully by kneeling during the national anthem. That's fucked up.
    Systemic Racism

    What exactly is systemic racism to you?
  44. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    It's anecdotal for sure (x race is scared/uncomfortable of y race). I've heard it from different people from different races. It's not unique to white people.
    My best friend's mom is terrified of black people and she is an illegal immigrant (Mexican.) Lol
    Thats why I wanted the sauce on it.
  45. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Im surprised you agreed with Frinckles. What he said seemed to be akin to an I dont see race type of argument.

    Why do we get caught up in the past. Because black people were slaves so they naturally had no money or eduction, hence why their descendants are less likely to have money or education.


    The past is 100% crucial here, considering the average bigot will use the same statistics I just mentioned to say that black people are stupid and violent.
    I didnt explain away the problem with "I don't see race." I made it a point that a lot of concepts brought up in the discussion commonly are at thier core, demoralizing, flawed and polarizing. Talking points that do not remedy the issue from doctors who do not want the patient to get well.

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Its an economic issue. Like no. The average black is poorer than the average white, yes. But people inherently fear blacks more than they fear whites. You cant seriously pretend the whole issue is economic.

    The divide was created on purpose after this:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nat_...lave_rebellion

    Because if you convince poor white people that theyre superior to poor black people, then they cant team up anymore.
    You literally just pointed out in your post before this that it was an economic issue or socioeconomic. Thats established. A 2009 poll showed Blacks make more on average than Hispanics, they make less than Whites who make less than Asians. In fact, this was a trend that Booker T. Washington recognized early on. He argued that sacrificing voting rights and submitting to racism in the short term, for education and Healthcare for Southern Blacks - would position the black community to be be able to finally push for a more comprehensive civil rights act. And they did. What is disingenuous is this trend of portraying civil rights as Black men in chains and then pivoting right up to MLK. If you want to make it about the past, there is far too much in between that's left forgotten. My argument is that overcoming these issues starts at the foundation of Black communities and the rhetoric that mainstream and social media uses to incorrectly portray the topic of race. Antiquated 'white vs X' does not work. It cannot work and it will not work. There is a difference between learning from our past and having an unhealthy obsession with it. It holds you back.

    Give sauce on the fear statistic though please. <3
  46. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    I've been biding my time tbh
  47. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    DISCUSSION TAKEOVER

    DISCUSSION TAKEOVER

    DISCUSSION TAKEOVER
  48. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460
  49. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    If you're incapable of some satire, what I'm saying is there are a few racial constructs that I do not believe in. (Also my views do not represent sc2mafia in any way omegalul) But if people wanna bring this up and go half hearted on what the problem of racism is, where it stems from and how we can work together to fix it, the dialogue needs to be open.
  50. Replies
    742
    Views
    7,460

    Sticky: ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    And to elaborate, who am I as a human (or minority) to criticize you on your white priveledge? Why would I make the topic 'white vs everyone else?' That assumes I know every part of how extraordinary lucky (but omitting unlucky) you were and that I cannot attain it. Or rather that these are unattainable by minorities. It's flawed and its a demoralizing beacon. But now, we burn our history and our culture for what? To send a message that won't be recieved? How does this fix the issues of our communities? How does threatening the fabric of our safety of our children, family and friends fix these problems?
Results 1 to 50 of 500
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4