Search Results - SC2 Mafia
Register

Search:

Type: Posts; User: Voss

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 0.17 seconds.

  1. Replies
    355
    Views
    4,157

    ►►Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    Superficial action. What all black people want are to mitigate and remove systemic racism in public institutions. Rebranding words or names are but a superficial and empty gestures that have no value.

    This is akin to ensuring that a constructed house is properly colour coordinated when its foundation is extremely weak and its materials brittle. People should be aiming towards fixing the foundations rather than making changes that makes everyone feel good about themselves.
    I think I've already rehashed a few times that the change is supposed to make the game a tiny bit more inclusive. Not something to make me feel good about myself.
  2. Forum:Narrator Updates

    Thread:Changelog 7/31/2020

    Thread Author:Voss

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    1
    Views
    41

    ►►Re: Changelog 7/31/2020◄◄

    Spent a lot of time fixing discord bugs this month for the daily mafia integration!
  3. Forum:Narrator Updates

    Thread:Changelog 7/31/2020

    Thread Author:Voss

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    1
    Views
    41

    ►►Changelog 7/31/2020◄◄


    The
    Multi Vote Trials
    Update


    Narrator Features
    • Added trials to the new multivote system. Minimum trial number decreases as the game timer winds down


    Narrator Fixes
    • Dying players won't be converted anymore.
    • Players can now change their vote from modkilled players


    Visual Enhancements
    • Added a help banner requesting a designer


    Visual Fixes
    • Graveyard flips will show the role and faction if they're not supposed to be a hidden flip.
    • "Unauthorized" popup when typing in dead chat is squashed.
    • Timer updates are pushed to everyone, not just the host now.
    • 1v1 ties popup now works again.


    Discord Fixes + Features
    • "Living" command now works in mafia chat
    • Moderators can now peek at player roles
    • Moderators can now edit the remaining time
    • Moderators can see submitted night actions
    • "Unknown command" message will now reply in the channel where the user typed the command
    • "Skip day" will not show up on vote counts anymore under "not voting"
    • Fixed feedback from not ever making back to the user
    • Moderators can now rehost games in the channel they were just moderating in
    • New night channels are created for every game.
    • Added feedback for successful modkills
    • Removed "hammer" text from No Elimination voting


    Tech upgrades
    • Redid a lot of the setup page in react! This will make it easy to pull those edit panes into other places in the app.

  4. Forum:Forum Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Lore in FM

    Thread Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    8
    Views
    134

    ►►Re: Lore in FM◄◄

    I think there's a way to blur the line between RPGs and mafia. And personally, I've found that the barrier to get other people to join in in mafia is lower if I sell mafia as flavorless as possible, so I try to stay away from the blurred line as much as possible.

    So, renaming roles to fit a theme? I think that's confusing. Using lore as a way to give clues to players? I've been burned in big fms by other players using flavor as evidence.

    I'm also not a fan of DnD so that's where part of this comes from.

    Not yucking on anyone's yum of role playing though! I'm seeing the thread on people's rpg, so i'm going to emphasize that this is just me.
  5. Forum:Site Discussion

    Thread:Petition: Ban GOOFY from the site

    Thread Author:BananaCucho

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    19
    Views
    222

    ►►Re: Petition: Ban GOOFY from the site◄◄

    Moved to site discussion.
  6. Forum:News

    Thread:Ganelon's departure

    Thread Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    15
    Views
    277

    ►►Re: Ganelon's departure◄◄

    i'm hoping he'll come back.
  7. Forum:Signups

    Thread:S-FM 305 Signups: Spirits IIc (LADDER)

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    128
    Views
    2,542

    Poll: ►►Re: S-FM 305 Signups: Spirits IIc (LADDER)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterNinja View Post
    I don't play forum mafia sorry.
    You don't play forum mafia yet.
  8. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 302: Magellan (15p)

    Thread Author:S-FM Magellan Core

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    5,906
    Views
    51,897

    ►►Re: S-FM 302: Magellan (15p)◄◄

    And also would like to apologize to Banana for what he went through the past few days. I played a part in the ruling, and personally, I was saddened when Banana said he knew what the community wanted and was actively trying to reign in his gameplay to be more in line with the community. Banning is a much better tool for people that are refusing to change, and this is definitely not one of those cases.

    When there's a big fm, I'll for sure break my self imposed ban on fm games here and would love to play with you Banana. And I know I'm not the only one.
  9. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 302: Magellan (15p)

    Thread Author:S-FM Magellan Core

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    5,906
    Views
    51,897

    ►►Re: S-FM 302: Magellan (15p)◄◄

    I'm very happy that Fm staff is mature and open enough to take input from the community!

    Also, I'd like to point out that their end all/be all goals here are to make the community a better place. They spent a lot of time deliberating before the first verdict, and poured a FUCKTON of time into rereading parts of the game. Keep in mind, the FM staff have lives outside, and they are sacrificing their time to try and make a better experience for the community. Sure they might not get it right all the time, but I'd like to highlight that their initial ruling was not one of malice or vengeance (although it's understandable why banana felt this way). No member of the staff relishes rereading posts, arguing about punishments and engaging in drama. They just want to run and play mafia games, and I think they're doing it the best they possibly can. And the fact that they changed their ruling bc of the feedback from the community enshrines this. A shitty fm staff would have given y'all the finger.
  10. Forum:Narrator Discussion

    Thread:7/31 Interest Thread

    Thread Author:Voss

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    15
    Views
    259

    ►►Re: 7/31 Interest Thread◄◄

    Great turnout y'all! Great that we found out that marshall and multivote trials don't work properly.
  11. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 302: Magellan (15p)

    Thread Author:S-FM Magellan Core

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    5,906
    Views
    51,897

    ►►Re: S-FM 302: Magellan (15p)◄◄

    they're all yellow because they're all donors. how do you think they became staff?
  12. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 302: Magellan (15p)

    Thread Author:S-FM Magellan Core

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    5,906
    Views
    51,897

    ►►Re: S-FM 302: Magellan (15p)◄◄

    Personally, (and I know this might look like a flipflop to the fm staff with regards to this position, but hey i'm human and i'm thinking about stuff) if people want to cuss each other out in discord pms, fucking have at it. But if it's on discord sc2mafia public channels, or these forums, staff should step in.
  13. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 302: Magellan (15p)

    Thread Author:S-FM Magellan Core

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    5,906
    Views
    51,897

    ►►Re: S-FM 302: Magellan (15p)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Unless there is opposition to this, I think the site rules should be updated to reflect that off-site conversations between members of Sc2 Mafia are also under the site rules to avoid this kind of confusion. It's only logical to do so, and it's already how it works for out-of-game communication anyway. And for what it's worth to you, I'm genuinely sorry that you had to deal with that.
    This feels like this is another grey area, and something that wasn't clearly in the rules, death threats aside.
  14. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 302: Magellan (15p)

    Thread Author:S-FM Magellan Core

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    5,906
    Views
    51,897

    ►►Re: S-FM 302: Magellan (15p)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    The only reason I bring it up is because I have been involved in 3 situations with off-site insults/attacks

    Twice as the attacker, once as the attacked

    No matter the situation, I am always on the losing end of the decision by staff

    That was 4 years ago so I wont talk about it further
    in the current administration, death threats are perma banned. rules or no rules. idk what kind of cowboy land was in the past that that wasn't dealt with extremely severely. I've perma banned people for less.
  15. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 302: Magellan (15p)

    Thread Author:S-FM Magellan Core

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    5,906
    Views
    51,897

    ►►Re: S-FM 302: Magellan (15p)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Just so its clear what happened

    Duckk was not punished for off site actions

    He was eventually perma banned for on site actions

    But womp womp its whatever is most convenient for staff at the time that matters isnt it
    I have trouble tying duck's situation here, only because I wasn't around for it and don't know the details. I don't even know that @aamirus has been here for it. Do we need to bring in Brendan or something to tip the scale, or can we drop whatever Duck did?
  16. Replies
    44
    Views
    537

    ►►Re: Name one good thing that Donald Trump has done...◄◄

    Woops forgot to say that I deleted the posts to try to bring the thread back to on topic. Let's talk in pms banana
  17. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 302: Magellan (15p)

    Thread Author:S-FM Magellan Core

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    5,906
    Views
    51,897

    ►►Re: S-FM 302: Magellan (15p)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    The new standard at sc2baby

    Gamebot the whole thing! Can't pressure players, can't bring emotion into it. Can't get frustrated yourself when players completely ignore things you say

    Meanwhile egging people on, trying to get a rise/reaction out of them is completely acceptable. It'll be written off as "mild trolling"

    Bienvenidos! We hope you enjoy your stay!
    I'll ask for fm staff to quote the posts that they used as evidence. Maybe we can finally use the fm appeals subforum?
  18. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 302: Magellan (15p)

    Thread Author:S-FM Magellan Core

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    5,906
    Views
    51,897

    ►►Re: S-FM 302: Magellan (15p)◄◄

    If it matters banana, if any member of the staff does what mag did again, there'll be more serious repercussions than "a warning". No one expects it to happen again as the fm staff took it as a learning experience.

    I know this doesn't address all your qualms, but hopefully it addresses that one fine point.
  19. Replies
    355
    Views
    4,157

    ►►Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Also it’s not one word. Lynch comes up like 20 times in the bot code. As an example x was lynched is one thing, but X votes to lynch is another thing... blah blah blah there are simpler rewards I can give you people!
    it'd be a better effort to let narrator do setup building and game management than the godfather bot, but i'm just shamelessly plugging
  20. Replies
    355
    Views
    4,157

    ►►Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate◄◄

    it's frustrating to see the same arguments being brought up that I thought I debunked. no one reads wall posts, just like in fucking forum mafia.
  21. Forum:Narrator Discussion

    Thread:Mobile Mockups

    Thread Author:Voss

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    24
    Views
    4,348

    ►►Re: Mobile Mockups◄◄

    @naz
  22. Replies
    44
    Views
    537

    ►►Re: Name one good thing that Donald Trump has done...◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Name a good thing he has DONE

    Not TRIED to do and failed lol
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    As an example of the neutrality:
    “Make no cuts to social security” is listed as a promise by trump.
    It then says “trump proposed cuts, but congress didn’t bite”

    They still list it as “promise kept” since technically there have not been cuts.
    so these are interesting. he tried and failed to cut social security, even though he promised he wouldn't. he also tried and failed to secure more funding to nasa.

    so a good thing and a bad thing. i guess which is worse? (is this derailing?)
  23. Replies
    44
    Views
    537

    ►►Re: Name one good thing that Donald Trump has done...◄◄

    As many could guess here, I'm not a fan of trump, but I think it might be interesting to find something that Trump did that was a good thing.
  24. Replies
    44
    Views
    537

    ►►Re: Name one good thing that Donald Trump has done...◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    The recent SpaceX collab mission? :P

    Also the NASA budget nowadays is almost as high as it was during the Apollo program
    I'm not sure what percentage of "blame" you can lay on the president vs congress is, but i can't say that the president didn't do anything.
  25. Replies
    10
    Views
    158

    [Restoration Request] ►►Re: Restore points◄◄

    There's a link on the home page of sc2mafia.com for Point Restoration & White List Requests.
  26. Replies
    355
    Views
    4,157

    ►►Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate◄◄

    real talk, it's not a good idea to decide "our new word" based off a game, as fun an idea as that sounds on the surface.
  27. Replies
    355
    Views
    4,157

    ►►Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate◄◄

    And the reason why it matters now more than it did last week, or last year is because this thread was brought up. Now it's willingly keeping the word. Ignorance can't be feigned now.

    (Although I'd admit it's a little bit of mental gymnastics to not take care of the noose emoji since it was brought up).
  28. Forum:Narrator Discussion

    Thread:7/31 Interest Thread

    Thread Author:Voss

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    15
    Views
    259

    ►►Re: 7/31 Interest Thread◄◄

    @Brendan
    @SuperJack
    @Stealthbomber16
    @Unknown1234
  29. Forum:Narrator Discussion

    Thread:7/31 Interest Thread

    Thread Author:Voss

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    15
    Views
    259

    ►►7/31 Interest Thread◄◄

    Hey all,

    Looking to see if there's interest in me hosting another game on July 31st Friday 4pm PST. I'll recruit in the discord if I get 5 signs!

    Also, taking suggestions for setup recommendations.

    -Voss

    1. Voss
    2. MartinGG99
    3. Ash
    4. Naz
    5. Unknown1234
    ...
  30. Replies
    355
    Views
    4,157

    ►►Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    really?

    *****
    okay what the fuck.
  31. Replies
    355
    Views
    4,157

    ►►Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Basically "archon" has more or a starcraft feel than *****

    I think Crypt is the one who banned ***** lol
    really?

    *****
  32. Replies
    355
    Views
    4,157

    ►►Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    I propose that we move forward with sc2baby rebranding

    On a serious note, I would like an actual sc2 theme rebrand tbh. We did this with H Y D R A accounts, making them Archon accounts instead. Why not fully embrace the theme?
    can someone give me the tldr on why there's a difference, and why it was changed?
  33. Replies
    355
    Views
    4,157

    ►►Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate◄◄

    I think there is a fear that this could snowball into something more. But I don't think it will because the staff doesn't really want to become the moral authority on everything, primarily because it's time consuming and that's not exactly why we're here.

    The reason why we're talking about this one word was because it was brought up, and now a ton of discussion has been generated, so it's well documented now on how the community feels. I don't think the community wants to go through this process over and over again. But that's just my take here.
  34. Replies
    355
    Views
    4,157

    ►►Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    If it were to be implemented as suggested though, what would you call that? Restricting speech?
    i think this is veering off topic and would like to say that although the admins would like to uphold free speech on the forums, they don't have to and would be well within their rights to ban political speech. One reason that they don't is that it's not the kind of community they want to have here.
  35. Replies
    355
    Views
    4,157

    ►►Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    So, censorship?
    i wouldn't call it censorship, but i'm fairly sure that there's no plan to implement this ban.
  36. Replies
    355
    Views
    4,157

    ►►Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate◄◄

    Reopening this thread. Treat this like the opposite of circle jerk. Please and thank you!
  37. Replies
    355
    Views
    4,157

    ►►Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate◄◄

    I've been advised to lock this thread. Putting this on pause for 12 or so hours to let people cool down.

    you WILL be infracted if you post in this thread after this is closed.
  38. Replies
    355
    Views
    4,157

    ►►Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    Not ONCE on this entire thread did I personally attack someone - and yet I’m the one being called offensive. I’ve been attacked multiple times however and you don’t see me yelling about it. I DO mind, make no mistake, but not enough to mention it. I’m only mentioning it now because I’m getting called out for saying I’m kind of a cunt, whereas others who’ve personally belittled me and insulted me aren’t. This is what’s known as a double standard.
    can you report these messages? there's a ton of staff that's supposed to be addressing these things. from my perspective, i haven't seen direct attacks, but a lot of toe the line. I haven't been reporting them, because I'm fallible.

    Let's all check ourselves and make sure we're not attacking each other. Ideas are okay, but not the people behind it.
  39. Replies
    355
    Views
    4,157

    ►►Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    I have no intention of removing anything or really suggesting to. People with the map are free to right click and disable said triggers.

    My point is where it stops and why people are suddenly now having revelations to change things; And most importantly what changes say about ourselves and our intentions.
    we're having a discussion about it, here in this thread. that's what's causing this revelation to change things. and for me personally, having the chance to reflect on these things in this thread has made me think about the issue. if mag hadn't made this post, i wouldn't have had that chance to reflect on it.

    i don't know that i'd be so keen to keep going down this path, only because this is exhaustive. like if we were really going through the graphics of the arcade mafia, mothership seems comical, but gassing seems particularly gruesome. even blizzard stepped in when "jew" was a word that triggered the gas execution.
  40. Replies
    355
    Views
    4,157

    ►►Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate◄◄

    well frinckles, feel free to gather up a list of flavor/emojis you want changed, and the community can talk about what they want removed.

    i'm very vested in this particular issue because i have personal experience with this very word and the inclusivity gains/costs it has.
  41. Replies
    355
    Views
    4,157

    ►►Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate◄◄

    i'd personally not want to do the inventory of going through our emotes and being the judge of what is racial and what is not.

    also, those emotes are different because they're not auto generated, and i don't think they're used very much.

    i actually don't know how to use the emotes, but you can just call me a boomer.
  42. Replies
    355
    Views
    4,157

    ►►Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    No it isnt
    the problem is the social attitude. Fuck the word. The word is literally irrelevant
    yeah, i TOTALLY should have said that to my co workers. because that's more important than me trying to play more games with people that I like.
  43. Replies
    355
    Views
    4,157

    ►►Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    I did not threaten to leave the site. I did not even threaten to take others with me, I gave people who would be displeased with the change as an example and SUGGESTED that they were at risk of leaving or at the very least of being alienated.
    this is true, banana and I did put some words in your mouth here. sorry.
  44. Replies
    355
    Views
    4,157

    ►►Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate◄◄

    and ganelon, if it's not just about a word, why don't you start a new thread about what you fear might happen, but not cite this "lynch" example.
  45. Replies
    355
    Views
    4,157

    ►►Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    Again, you keep trying to put it to it just being a word. It’s jot just a word, and you know it, because otherwise there wouldn’t be this talk if changing it in the first place. The problem is the underlying social attitude, not using one word or another
    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    I will once again bring up the non hypothetical situation where I was able to be a bit more inclusive, and got a LOT of coworkers to continue to keep playing the game even though I used the word lynch once. There are a lot of fun people in that group and we're able to really attack each other in a friendly context.
    see this real life scenario where it was just about a word.
  46. Replies
    355
    Views
    4,157

    ►►Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate◄◄

    don't post the real answer
  47. Replies
    355
    Views
    4,157

    ►►Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Deathwords was fucked! Stand by for the host's end day post and review!

    [vote count]

    Now I'll go see how off I was
    wrong.
  48. Replies
    355
    Views
    4,157

    ►►Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate◄◄

    I will once again bring up the non hypothetical situation where I was able to be a bit more inclusive, and got a LOT of coworkers to continue to keep playing the game even though I used the word lynch once. There are a lot of fun people in that group and we're able to really attack each other in a friendly context.

    So frankly this fearmongering over people being worked up over AIDs is just wrong, and them being distasteful people is "mental gymnastics" for me.
  49. Replies
    355
    Views
    4,157

    ►►Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate◄◄

    Which also brings up another question. How often do you read the script that modbot says? I bet that most people wouldn't be able to recite exactly what it says verbatim. Do you know why? Because they don't read it. They care about who was voted out and by whom.
  50. Replies
    355
    Views
    4,157

    ►►Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate◄◄

    It also depends on how you phrase it to blink, ceko, and distorted:

    "sc2mafia leftist anarchist black pleasing overlords are banning the word lynch! wanna get in one good last game on the site before degenerates destroy our pure sc2mafia culture?"

    or

    "The Godfather now says "eliminate" rather than lynch."
Results 1 to 50 of 2000
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4