Search Results - SC2 Mafia
Register

Search:

Type: Posts; User: Drizzt

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 0.01 seconds.

  1. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Rachyl's unbanning Thread

    Thread Author:RachylReborn

    Post Author:Drizzt

    Replies
    5
    Views
    391

    ►►Re: Rachyl's unbanning Thread◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    thanks for letting us know
    wow you can't make this shit up
  2. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Rachyl's unbanning Thread

    Thread Author:RachylReborn

    Post Author:Drizzt

    Replies
    5
    Views
    391

    ►►Re: Rachyl's unbanning Thread◄◄

    Maybe. And don't push the maybe, baby. But Surely you must be allowed on SC2.Com because we are having this conversation. Oh, don't call me Shirley.
  3. Forum:Point Restore and White List Archive

    Thread:Auwt Request

    Thread Author:Drizzt

    Post Author:Drizzt

    Replies
    0
    Views
    84

    ►►Auwt Request◄◄

    Name: MBank13.SC2Bank
Views: 2
Size: 6.8 KB

    Auwt
  4. Replies
    2
    Views
    235

    {Watch List} ►►GoochGrabber 1-S2-12422908; kittens 1-S2-1-4562746◄◄

    Gamer Tag: GoochGrabber
    Crime: Cheating

    Throws his mafia team under the bus by revealing to the marshall who they are.

    Name: -Mafia- (46).SC2Replay
Views: 1
Size: 257.1 KB

    Name: Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 1.17.14 AM.jpg
Views: 5
Size: 470.9 KB

    -Brock
  5. Replies
    15
    Views
    591

    ►►Re: Account Name: Anhionring◄◄

    For me, Aamirus and I went in and I deleted every bank I had in SC2 not just my MBank before the problem was fixed; then I used CCleaner. You may not need to go that far, but that is what I had to do. Otherwise, like you said, your bank will reset every game and you will need to resubmit your name, and it will give the hacker warning. It could be related to the Korean Mafia, it could be related to something else, who knows, but the problem started for me immediately after one of the patches.

    Hope that helps...

    Quote Originally Posted by Euna View Post
    @aamirus

    I get this message while trying to open the attachments you sent: "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"


    Please reference below for which replay is which

    Replay from the picture of my points, which is the same game before I got the error: -Mafia- (79.SC2Replay (148.1 KB) [-Mafia- 798]]
    Replay from the first time it says "Please report Anhonring!": -Mafia- (799).SC2Replay (126.9 KB)

    From my perspective, I see "WARNING -YOUR BANK IS INVALID! NO STATS WILL BE SAVED! If this persists, delete 'MBank13.SC2Bank'!"

    During downtime, I sometimes play mafia on my work pc, which has a different bank file on there with like 3-4k points accumulated. Not sure if that messes with anything. I've been playing on my work PC and then switching back to my gaming PC for a couple months and nothing has happened until now.


    One more thing, I found another MBank13.SC2Bank (8.0 KB) file under this path: https://gyazo.com/b751302c9285c533cb8dbee0e065bba9
    Is this the one with 38k points? I don't understand why there are different bank files other than they were made from when I reset my drives or used new ones.

    Thank you for your assistance, it is much appreciated. Please let me know if you need anything else.
  6. Replies
    4
    Views
    165

    ►►Re: Bank Problems BrockSamson 1-S2-2-542260◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    approved 156,145 points, 3344 wins, 5952 games played + achievements

    Name: brock3.png
Views: 5
Size: 140.1 KB
    Fixed! We just deleted every bank on SC2 I had then used CCleaner.
  7. Replies
    4
    Views
    165

    ►►Bank Problems BrockSamson 1-S2-2-542260◄◄

    My bank is resetting every game, my blacklist resets, and I hack to submit a new name. Also, I get publicly shamed and the lobby is asked to report me. Happened immediately after the last large patch, not the April 1st patch, but the previous one. No I did not mess with my bank. I use Mac, and I called AppleCare eventually, and after some help with peeps in Discord including Staff, found my bank. Attached is a .txt of my Mbank that resets.
    ID- 1-S2-2-542260
    Name: BrockSamson

    Name: BrockSamson (1).txt
Views: 2
Size: 3.3 KB
    Name: -Mafia- (1233).SC2Replay
Views: 1
Size: 360.6 KB
  8. Forum:Punished Players & Appeals

    Thread:Jari 1-S2-1-8471427

    Thread Author:Drizzt

    Post Author:Drizzt

    Replies
    2
    Views
    450

    {Watch List} ►►Jari 1-S2-1-8471427◄◄

    Player Name: Jari
    Starcraft ID: 1-S2-1-3967829
    Crime: Game-Throwing and Possibly Hacking Roles

    Day 2 Jari reveals GF causing constable to shoot and kill GF. This prompts the third mafia member to leave the game in frustration. At this point the town understands 5 (Jari) is throwing and lynches him. Low and behold, he is framer. He also knew that 14 was SK, but there was no role in the mafia to detect SK- I'll leave the hacking roles determination to staff.

    Result: Mafia was totally obliterated. Game integrity was ruined. SK, surprisingly, went on to do well and in the end MM won. I heard this info after the fact. My replay ends at 10:12 as I left to tail Jari.

    Jari did not continue onto the next lobby, so I think he got the message.

    Name: -Mafia- (1226).SC2Replay
Views: 1
Size: 186.3 KB
  9. Replies
    12
    Views
    711

    ►►Re: WHY ARE THERE 15 FUCKING MAFIA LOBBIES?!?!?!◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Space Milk View Post
    Okay but what I'm asking is why this happened. I want the juicy details. Who is David Duke and why were people negotiating with him?
    Unfortunately the origin of Duke is not much more than that.
  10. Replies
    12
    Views
    711

    ►►Re: WHY ARE THERE 15 FUCKING MAFIA LOBBIES?!?!?!◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Space Milk View Post
    No one can play Mafia because there are over 15 separate lobbies, with the main one advertised as a "Negotiation" lobby headed by David Duke, that kicks out any one that is joining. Can someone give the QRD?
    We have a seperate lobby. Look for the clan tag SC2Mafia. We are running games, just not with him.
  11. {Permanently Banned} ►►Re: DrDavidDuke 1-S2-1-12275443 &. IIIIIIIIII1 1-S2-1-10922953◄◄

    Name: -Mafia- (1085).sc2replay
Views: 1
Size: 59.8 KB

    Here are a bunch more of his alts he's using as of Monday Feb 21 2022 2am what he does is he takes about ten account in and five real people. So five people have no idea whats going on and are completely under his manipulation.
  12. {Permanently Banned} ►►DrDavidDuke 1-S2-1-12275443 &. IIIIIIIIII1 1-S2-1-10922953◄◄

    Crime: Controlling multiple players

    I believe he controls DrDavidDuke and the player IIIIIIIIII along with the fact that we suddenly had 3 new players not listed with any points, meaning only 12 players were in the help section and could be identified. In the end nobody won. I believe this was on purpose and for no other reason than to avoid punishment by not technically winning.

    Evidence. Only Inductive evidence unfortunately. I was contacted by Mr. M and Unknown separately via pm about him with the same warning. He avoided any trouble while they were there but this is a game while only he and I were present.


    Name: -Mafia- (1064).SC2Replay
Views: 2
Size: 297.5 KB
  13. Replies
    12
    Views
    812

    ►►Re: Official Thank You Thread For Mafia 2.0◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I wanted to smack Exeter for putting his bug question in a thank you thread but then decided to leave it be
    He gets bombarded a-lot, but even I am guilty of not using Frinckles' pre-determined path for bugs and comments.
  14. Replies
    12
    Views
    812

    ►►Re: Official Thank You Thread For Mafia 2.0◄◄

    MrMostache, SuperJack, Grakylan, Mando, Auwt, aamirus, miasonia, JagdPanther <----------- All the people who viewed the thread but didn't comment.
  15. Replies
    12
    Views
    812

    ►►Re: Official Thank You Thread For Mafia 2.0◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Exeter350 View Post
    Has the Blackmailer / Silencer bug been fixed in 2.0? I haven't noticed.

    Blackmailers silence players but not their votes (votes show in the chatbox with sound notification).
    Silencers silence players AND their votes (votes do not show in the chatbox and no sound notification).
    At the moment, I am just excluding jailor until I hear the bug is worked out.
  16. Replies
    4
    Views
    659

    {Watch List} ►►Re: Paopan - 1-S2-1-11839986 - way too much racism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by asdf2020 View Post
    i know it's bad to post here when you not involved , but i just wanted to ask you
    if you had a bow ;because an arrow without a bow is useless.
    waiting for your pm ^^ .
    To my opinion paopan have internet but not do his own research then
    is stuck to parrot something that is call fake history.
    cheers.
    try eugenics in america on wikipedia jump to influences on germany
    (just trying to help everyone so don't delete the post).
    Corny joke, horrible timing, but coming from the creative mind who brought us asdf2020....maybe that is their best.
  17. ►►Re: Remove -prefer -blacklist, mafia2 vest hogging up all the "fun" roles◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by gregl View Post
    @Drizzt You're gonna stop playing Mafia once everybody has -prefer?
    Did I say that or give that impression?
  18. Replies
    12
    Views
    812

    ►►Official Thank You Thread For Mafia 2.0◄◄

    I thought it would be nice to make a thank you thread, where we point out our favorite upgrades.

    Mine is a tie between Ducky and the Jailor button (currently being fixed)

    Thank you Frinckles for the pro-bono work.
  19. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:Remove JUDGE night chat?

    Thread Author:Arrow

    Post Author:Drizzt

    Replies
    28
    Views
    1,548

    [Role Change] ►►Re: Remove JUDGE night chat?◄◄

    This should be a no-brainer. Even people who like crier rarely assume a coordinating role for town. I am not sure what the original point of crier was, if it was meant to counter-balance Judge, but it has become just a step above citizen in how the average player utilizes the role.

    Judge, however, is very powerful with marshall, and given that Crier has never really balanced Judge's "-court," I would love to see the role re-tooled. Thanks for bringing this up Arrow/whomever.
  20. ►►Re: Remove -prefer -blacklist, mafia2 vest hogging up all the "fun" roles◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by hellow0 View Post
    I can't find the like button, but here *throws like* If you can harvest data efficiently, is it possible to know which roles go afk the most? Sometimes, I wondered if this prefer role system is basically forcing us to "grind" for points. What better way to grind than run Mafia2 and go afk? Die quick and go afk.



    You have "quack" now. If you have a lot of points, you can used colored text in chat to STAND OUT!




    Actually, precisely because these experienced, point-wealthy whales tend to choose power roles such as veteran, it affect gameplay a bit. Some of us assume they are all veterans, makes people stay away from them at least on the first night, due to the prefer system. I feel if the playing field was leveled, people will be treated more equally. Once they die, they can call their a super special salt ship for their privileged behind; but when they are playing, they should get equal chance to land all roles like everybody else so the fun goes around, not just at the top.
    Quack? You mean Ducky? I do love the ducky. Colored names I never went for because it attracted attention.
  21. Forum:Mafia Bug Archive

    Thread:Street Racer Killed While Zooooming

    Thread Author:Drizzt

    Post Author:Drizzt

    Replies
    1
    Views
    232

    ►►Street Racer Killed While Zooooming◄◄

    N1 I was street racer and I left town but was still shot by triad.


    Name: -Mafia- (708) Street Racer.sc2replay
Views: 1
Size: 321.0 KB


    -Brock
  22. ►►Re: Remove -prefer -blacklist, mafia2 vest hogging up all the "fun" roles◄◄

    I mean, they took away mothership extended. This -prefer and -blacklist is the last actual use for points beyond cosmetics. And guess what, fancy cosmetics gets you killed.

    You have to have cheese at the end of the maze.
  23. Forum:Mafia Bug Archive

    Thread:More role ideas (again)

    Thread Author:JeremiahSablan

    Post Author:Drizzt

    Replies
    1
    Views
    192

    ►►Re: More role ideas (again)◄◄

    Postal Worker - Town at first, but turns evil if some "condition" happens.

    Pennywise - Works like escort, but it affects (blocks) everyone who visits a given target at night. S

    Thats all for now.
  24. Replies
    1
    Views
    651

    ►►Re: New achievement "Consider it a divorce"◄◄

    War of the Roses! I love it.
  25. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Your Game has a Real Racism Problem

    Thread Author:elemental

    Post Author:Drizzt

    Replies
    34
    Views
    2,092

    ►►Re: Your Game has a Real Racism Problem◄◄

    Look, the amount of racism/pedo incidents is much lower than it used to be. Now it is probably more shocking, because you don't see it every game. More like every third game for me, but trolls behave differently when I'm around, I'm not special they do it for other veteran players or even staff. So I can't speak to much your racism percentage- but it seems a little high.

    I will say this staff, 2021, has done about everything that can be done to address the problem short of coding censorship into the game. Whitelisting, no more kicking players who violate rules, and new codes of conduct have led to a more chill environment.

    A curtain could block 99% of sunlight but the 1% that gets through looks really bright. Following that analogy, there is much less unaddressed racism in Mafia, even though it might not seem that way. The community is more vocal against it in-game, and leadership are looking to encourage inclusivity.
  26. Forum:Punished Players & Appeals

    Thread:killy: 1-S2-1-5387491

    Thread Author:Toast

    Post Author:Drizzt

    Replies
    9
    Views
    606

    {Watch List} ►►Re: killy: 1-S2-1-5387491◄◄

    Two players who have played a LONG time and need to just fist bump and keep on keeping on.
  27. Forum:News

    Thread:Mafia 2.0 Release Date

    Thread Author:DJarJar

    Post Author:Drizzt

    Replies
    17
    Views
    2,038

    Sticky: ►►Re: Mafia 2.0 Release Date◄◄

    I still think the best avatar is the ducky, but I wanted to highlight an example of a change Frinckle made that saves emotional energy. When you're lookout and you get see who visited whom, you also get their number not just their name. No more going back and forth, memorizing colors and names, or waiting for this or that screen to load so you can find out if their color matches their number.

    Smart changes. Thank you Frinckles!

    For anyone who hasn't explored 2.0, the update is full of role perks and quality of life updates.
  28. Forum:Site Discussion

    Thread:Culture of moderation

    Thread Author:Helz

    Post Author:Drizzt

    Replies
    4
    Views
    1,447

    ►►Re: Culture of moderation◄◄

    The ethics of moderation would be an interesting topic. This game mafia has naturally developed a legal system necessitating moderation. The biggest problem with in-game moderation, and I learned this the hard way, is that it disrupts the natural evolution of the game. In the same way that the International Criminal Court borrows legal concepts, the mafia community has built a bureaucratic process to address numerous concerns in the community, and the process they use has a basis in reality. The checks and balances here developed naturally, and that is intriguing to me.

    You have a ferocious intellect Helz, you'll need to find an outlet for that creative energy!
  29. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Your Game has a Real Racism Problem

    Thread Author:elemental

    Post Author:Drizzt

    Replies
    34
    Views
    2,092

    ►►Re: Your Game has a Real Racism Problem◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
    Was in a game and i am fairly new and a user called Ching Chong Chang was in the lobby and i am Asian so i was calling out he was racist but he was jailor and so he jailed me and killed me automatically, he then continued to kill confirmed town peoples.
    Mafia is a sandbox environment. People behave a certain way because its anonymous and they can get away with it. Try not to take it personally, as it only fuels the fire. The staff's stance is against racism, but the staff is against racism in the same way the staff is against world hunger. Get my drift? Nobody likes it but there is nothing to we can do apart from getting worked up, and that doesn't solve anything.
  30. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Do Admins actually play arcade?

    Thread Author:Veliaire

    Post Author:Drizzt

    Replies
    213
    Views
    10,151

    ►►Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Veliaire View Post
    So knowing how hard it is to get a game started most days, why are you banning people for speech? I don't get that. Why have a mute function if you are just going to ban people for saying stuff you don't like?
    Not really. I think it was more of a moral stand against the conduct. The conduct that we should all be against, regardless of how frequently it is formally punished, is pedophiliac speech. I don't know a single staff member who needs that to tarnish his personal life if there's ever a major incident somehow. I think this site has a lot of "quantitatively minded" staff, so I get that they don't understand that in management sometimes not making strategic decision is better than making a poor strategic decision. Not saying it was a poor choice, I agree with the spirit of the decision, but it is lsimilar to when the African American and liberal community tried to ban the "n" word a decade ago by holding funerals for it and stuff- that happened some of you won't remember. The attempt just became fodder for trolls. We will never be free of racism or bigotry in mafia, that is too high a goal.

    I do believe we have enough people, trolls included, against the mal treatment of vulnerable children to punish that behavior and not lose a critical amount of players. At this point, all sc2 arcade decisions should be weighed against the chance of alienating players and potential players.

    It used to be games were round the clock. Then it slipped to games started at noon and ended at 4am. Now, games start at 2pm-5pm and end at 4am. Gradual slippage. If we don't role out 2.0 by the grace of Frinckles, we may run out of the ability to make the switch. Remember, we will lose players before 2.0 attracts players, that is my opinion, but it is the logical sequence of events.
  31. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Lynching

    Thread Author:Drizzt

    Post Author:Drizzt

    Replies
    29
    Views
    1,857

    ►►Re: Lynching◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Drizzt View Post
    Well, you have made racism a crime in the mafia community. Now, will you consistently monitor the chat for infractions. Are you prepared to make a law you don't enforce?
    Personally, I have seen no difference in the use of racial slurs. It has toned down over the years, but it is still present. Legislating the morality of speech, but not enforcing the rule of law, is a mistake. Before it was not your problem. Now you have identified the problem, created a solution, but are unwilling/unable to implement the solution. Now it is your problem, at least morally, because you made it your (staff) problem. This is just my opinion, and is a part of what I meant when I said, "open a can or worms" in my previous posting on free speech.

    So where do you go? Mafia, the community and staff, made a stance against racial slurs, but like most (literally all) progressive measures against racism, it is all words without action- you might sleep better, but until you enforce the rule, you won't bring back advertising dollars to the site, and the community members you are trying to protect are now aware you are aware, which leads to expectations on enforcement.
  32. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Lynching

    Thread Author:Drizzt

    Post Author:Drizzt

    Replies
    29
    Views
    1,857

    ►►Re: Lynching◄◄

    Well, you have made racism a crime in the mafia community. Now, will you consistently monitor the chat for infractions. Are you prepared to make a law you don't enforce?
  33. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Lynching

    Thread Author:Drizzt

    Post Author:Drizzt

    Replies
    29
    Views
    1,857

    ►►Re: Lynching◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    I personally do not support the changing of words for any reason whatsoever, because that constitutes censorship. For instance, I once saw a typo in an email software I used very much. I was fine with it, until some sensitive snowflake reported the typo. Everyone was okay with the software saying "Calender" instead of "Calendar" before this grammar Nazi came along and started talking about how that "isn't the right spelling" and "words should be spelled correctly". Words and meanings change, and everyone knew that in context "Calender" actually meant "Calendar". Things were perfectly fine until some guy started complaining.

    Long story short, the devs caved, and changed the word. This was technically a suppression of my free speech, because I did not consent to having the spelling be changed. Despite their efforts to censor me, I still use the spelling calender to this day. I also stopped using the software, and immediately threw my computer out of the window.

    I vote no.
    Personally, it does not affect me or my gameplay. In fact, most people probably would not even notice the change. The question is, would it avoid an unnecessarily negative aspect of the game, and attract players? If the community has taken a stance on racial slurs, why not clean up our own verbiage? At the very least, we could agree that if there is a trial by town, it is not a lynching - so the word "lynch" is simply not the right word. If a judge or marshall reveals, and no trial occurs, that is the definition of lynching.
  34. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Lynching

    Thread Author:Drizzt

    Post Author:Drizzt

    Replies
    29
    Views
    1,857

    ►►Re: Lynching◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    I personally do not support the changing of words for any reason whatsoever, because that constitutes censorship. For instance, I once saw a typo in an email software I used very much. I was fine with it, until some sensitive snowflake reported the typo. Everyone was okay with the software saying "Calender" instead of "Calendar" before this grammar Nazi came along and started talking about how that "isn't the right spelling" and "words should be spelled correctly". Words and meanings change, and everyone knew that in context "Calender" actually meant "Calendar". Things were perfectly fine until some guy started complaining.

    Long story short, the devs caved, and changed the word. This was technically a suppression of my free speech, because I did not consent to having the spelling be changed. Despite their efforts to censor me, I still use the spelling calender to this day. I also stopped using the software, and immediately threw my computer out of the window.

    I vote no.
    We are beyond the censorship argument. That was last week. This is just the logical progression.
  35. Replies
    26
    Views
    1,397

    ►►Re: Who is the most corrupt MOD. Need help finding out.◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Do a poll for best troll instead. I'd like to see who's the runner-up after SB16.
    worst or best we mean the same thing. It's like loving the movie The Room cause it's so bad it's good.
  36. Replies
    26
    Views
    1,397

    ►►Re: Who is the most corrupt MOD. Need help finding out.◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    That's because ZZOrange is a liar and will always be until he leaves. I will not stop until my last dying breath to see him evicted. I honestly would have no issue with someone not saying goodbye and sticking around. But this man is a triple-faced liar. He puts on a fake-news-media name like "Honest Man", gets permabanned for being a dumbass and his shitty saves, then comes onto the forums and you expect him to be an "Honest Man" with his goodbyes, and he completely breaks his promise, and stays around. This is all contradictory to the moniker of being an "Honest Man".

    Look, he even encouraged it above. I demand that the admins bring great justice to this world and to the great United States of America and ban this man so he can salvage a sliver of his past self instead of the empty husk he is today.

    PS: I will sweeten the deal. If the admins permanently ban his forum account and future iterations of it, I'll permanently leave these forums in exchange.
    Wow, we should do a vote on the worst troll in mafia history. I could think of a few names.
  37. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Lynching

    Thread Author:Drizzt

    Post Author:Drizzt

    Replies
    29
    Views
    1,857

    ►►Re: Lynching◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    I'd just like to say the FM bot was originally changed simply just to troll someone who was shitting their pants over it being changed elsewhere, not to be more inclusive. However, it not being changed back can be an argument for us trying to be more inclusive so meh. Mod moderation is done more reactively than proactively, eg the racism/pedophile rule. Takes people doing it rampantly with enough people claiming their dislike for something to happen. Do people in the sc2arcade let alone the mod itself care at all about the word lynch?
    I have heard it brought up various times over the years, so it is definitely noticed. As for our target populations, those affected may not report because the issue is kinda personal, and making a change is more us being aware that it IS a word that can create a culture around it. Once again, there are times (judge and marshall) when the word lynching is in fact appropriate. Other times, I can only see it making us look bad as a community. I wouldn't even think of bringing this topic up prior to the racism/pedo crackdown, but since we're dropping the hammer, we should at least talk about it.

    Does anyone feel that limiting the word to marshall and judge (no trial and historically accurate) would create a more inclusive environment?

    Another net benefit is reducing words trolls might see that triggers racial slurs.
  38. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Lynching

    Thread Author:Drizzt

    Post Author:Drizzt

    Replies
    29
    Views
    1,857

    ►►Re: Lynching◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    We made this change on the site for the forum mafia bot actually, Iím on phone but you can try to find the threads about it to see
    I believe you, I acknowledge that FM changes are easier to make.

    I know it is an old conversation/argument. But if you are making changes to be more inclusive, this would be the time to change it in the arcade mafia.
  39. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Lynching

    Thread Author:Drizzt

    Post Author:Drizzt

    Replies
    29
    Views
    1,857

    ►►Lynching◄◄

    Looking at the word Lynch. Mafia uses the term sporadically to mean any town-created execution. In reality, if there is any trial, then perhaps execution is a better term. Lynching, from an academic standpoint, is what happens when the Judge and/or Marshall reveals there is no trial, just an execution. So, this may seem like nothing to most people on the site, but the verbiage has a negative connotation attached to it in the American South. Should we change it? Or at least to make it reflect the accurate usage of the word. As of now, it is used a lot, and it may signal an exclusive culture which is the opposite of what (I believe) staff is trying to accomplish.

    Would the change be meaningful? Would the change be more inclusive and trigger less racism?

    I in no way think we should abandon the term. History is History. Lynching happened, and we use it to mean death without a trial- except when we don't use it that way.

    So why not accurately reflect that in the game?
  40. ►►Re: Didn't think I was ever gonna post something like this, but AAmirus said to so here we are.◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    Again, this two-faced liar proves time and time again that he's not worth trusting. Look, I'm glad you're getting help and treatment in your personal life. However, when you sign off with



    but then later reply as post #5, you didn't really "out". It's very disingenuous and incredibly misleading.
    His reality in sobriety is probably narrow and functions on a day-to-day basis. Saying stuff life "sober man out" is probably closer to self-encouraging than the way you took it.
  41. ►►Re: Didn't think I was ever gonna post something like this, but AAmirus said to so here we are.◄◄

    Thank you for sharing. The first big step you just took. Keep putting one foot in front of the other. Focus on doing one right thing in the here and now. Message me if you want to talk.
  42. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Punishing Racism in Mafia

    Thread Author:Drizzt

    Post Author:Drizzt

    Replies
    94
    Views
    3,909

    ►►Re: Punishing Racism in Mafia◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    So the understanding you have of "nig*er" in the arcade is that its the same thing as being in the KKK, since that's the examples you're giving? Lmfao
    You may be part of an ethnic minority, but you are also part of the intellectual majority. That's an insult, I wonder if you can piece together what it's supposed to mean
    Wow, need some Neosporin for that burn.
  43. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Punishing Racism in Mafia

    Thread Author:Drizzt

    Post Author:Drizzt

    Replies
    94
    Views
    3,909

    ►►Re: Punishing Racism in Mafia◄◄

    I want to give everyone enough rope to hang themselves or to fly free. That is the point. Nothing else. And all of my writing has been supporting increasing the punishment for racist players, but I think by codifying racial language as an offense, we are opening a pandoras box.. For the record. I am fair-skinned, French, Spanish, and Native American. If you are interested, I can send you info about my Tia, she was the highest-ranking Latino woman in the Air Force.
  44. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Punishing Racism in Mafia

    Thread Author:Drizzt

    Post Author:Drizzt

    Replies
    94
    Views
    3,909

    ►►Re: Punishing Racism in Mafia◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    WTF are you talking about. I'm a racial minority myself, you ignorant racist.
    He was diverting the conversation about the morality of racism which is a good topic but it is not the subject of this post. As he continually referenced racial disparity it was good info but not relevant to what I am discussing. You so quickly labeled me "racist" but you know what. When it comes down to it say you and me are in Kentucky and we get into a hate crime based on race. You will know who is standing next to you and who was full of wind.
  45. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Punishing Racism in Mafia

    Thread Author:Drizzt

    Post Author:Drizzt

    Replies
    94
    Views
    3,909

    ►►Re: Punishing Racism in Mafia◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    So if it's not allowed in the real world, why should it be allowed virtually given that insults hurt feelings regardless of the medium you interact with?

    I highly doubt the intellectual ability of any racists. They can't accept the fact that people born with different skin can be as good or better than them in athleticism, intelligence, knowledge, and skills. Or they're always pointing to some model minority, which is another untrue and racist lie perpetuated by Caucasians born out of geopolitics, and saying why can't X people be like Y people. Or saying they can't be racist because they have minority friends like a gay priest saying he's still friends with the other boys he hasn't molested. Or comparing themselves to the lowest common denominator of the KKK, not realizing that the values or things they hold are still racist by other ethnic groups.



    "Yeah, let's let that drunk into that store and take notes and be civil people while he trashes the store. The police will eventually take care of him." instead of making people like them aware that if you enter the store drunk, you're going to be banned hard.

    Good thing we're covering this now before you unintentionally get fired for sympathizing with racists while doing your 5th degree.
    I've warned you twice about personal attacks. If you can't be civil in this discussion then I am not interested in your input.
  46. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Punishing Racism in Mafia

    Thread Author:Drizzt

    Post Author:Drizzt

    Replies
    94
    Views
    3,909

    ►►Re: Punishing Racism in Mafia◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    So if it's not allowed in the real world, why should it be allowed virtually given that insults hurt feelings regardless of the medium you interact with?

    I highly doubt the intellectual ability of any racists. They can't accept the fact that people born with different skin can be as good or better than them in athleticism, intelligence, knowledge, and skills. Or they're always pointing to some model minority, which is another untrue and racist lie perpetuated by Caucasians born out of geopolitics, and saying why can't X people be like Y people. Or saying they can't be racist because they have minority friends like a gay priest saying he's still friends with the other boys he hasn't molested. Or comparing themselves to the lowest common denominator of the KKK, not realizing that the values or things they hold are still racist by other ethnic groups.



    "Yeah, let's let that drunk into that store and take notes and be civil people while he trashes the store. The police will eventually take care of him." instead of making people like them aware that if you enter the store drunk, you're going to be banned hard.

    Good thing we're covering this now before you unintentionally get fired for sympathizing with racists while doing your 5th degree.
    I don't think you realize the pain and anguish black people feel. You look at racism and it disgusts you because you think you are linked to it. So you roar and scream, but black people have been dealing with this type of stuff for a long time, they know the deal. Stand up next to them when stuff happens, that is how you fight hate speech. Speech is nothing, "words are wind."
  47. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Punishing Racism in Mafia

    Thread Author:Drizzt

    Post Author:Drizzt

    Replies
    94
    Views
    3,909

    ►►Re: Punishing Racism in Mafia◄◄

    Maybe if I say it this way. Let them be racist. We should take notes, and continue playing with integrity and be conscientious of the community in general. My position on handling hate speech is in the initial post.
  48. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Punishing Racism in Mafia

    Thread Author:Drizzt

    Post Author:Drizzt

    Replies
    94
    Views
    3,909

    ►►Re: Punishing Racism in Mafia◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    How is it a logical fallacy?

    Racism is wrong as is all crimes. There should be zero justification for this type of activity. The minute any racism is allowed in this game becomes chaotic reign for people to say very incredibly hurtful and misleading things, which will make this community even smaller than it already is and killing it. Think about how many black people who want to play this map got turned off by all the n-words people use under the guise of "free speech". Even used in a satirical manner, like the forefathers of 4chan who said racist things ironically, but got interpreted as holy preserve white culture scripture by anonfags today.
    Your argument in the context of this situation is a logical fallacy. I am not commenting on racism. I am commenting on the strength of your anaology/argument
  49. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Punishing Racism in Mafia

    Thread Author:Drizzt

    Post Author:Drizzt

    Replies
    94
    Views
    3,909

    ►►Re: Punishing Racism in Mafia◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    Right, this also works in the real world too. Hire the most racist person you can find to see what they can do irrespective of the much bigger negative externalities they create for other people. After all, who knows what kind of interesting ideas and innovations they have besides spewing intolerable hatred for other races!
    This is a logical fallacy

    https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/general_w...fallacies.html
  50. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Punishing Racism in Mafia

    Thread Author:Drizzt

    Post Author:Drizzt

    Replies
    94
    Views
    3,909

    ►►Re: Punishing Racism in Mafia◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    There's no guarantee of freeze peach in a private game. TLDR.
    Absolutely, true. Do you know how international law was founded? They used common principles of law that everyone could agree on. That is essentially what has been happening here at this site for over a decade.
Results 1 to 50 of 251
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4