Search Results - SC2 Mafia
Register

Search:

Type: Posts; User: RufusPL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 0.01 seconds.

  1. Replies
    1
    Views
    159

    ►►Re: Witch Doctor should convert poisoned people◄◄

    That's weird because i would assume that if can heal the poison is OFF WD shouldn't be able to heal him at all he should just die to the poison because it kills through all immunities. The fact he doesn't convert when "healing" poison is because there is no actual attack like with other killing roles, normally first attack occurs and then Doctor comes in and heals u back from the wounds while with poison u prevent the attack from occuring in the first place so the saving part is not there. Basically poison is a modifier same as Arsons douse, healing the poison is just removing the modifier before it triggers the actual poison attack so it's not an actual attack before that.
  2. Replies
    12
    Views
    711

    ►►Re: WHY ARE THERE 15 FUCKING MAFIA LOBBIES?!?!?!◄◄

    I mean no one on this forum has control over the Blizzard lobbies and i doubt they would care about something like this either. What stops normal players from just joining one lobby other than the default one to ignore the trolls?
  3. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:Jester can kill abstainers

    Thread Author:NzForever

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    6
    Views
    340

    [Role Change] ►►Re: Jester can kill abstainers◄◄

    The problem with abstaining is mostly for non town roles, especially Mafia/Triad. Most of the time Mafia/Triad has very easy time spotting Jesters and neither Guilty or Inno works for them. If they Guilty they can die even though they know he is Jester, if they Inno he will most likely not be lynched so he will not waste a lynch and suicide a Town role. Abstaining is the only solution really for any non town role who spots a Jester and denying them that will make Jesters unlynchable, it's better to inno the Jester for Mafia/Triad than risk losing one of their own alongside it, that's basically 2 votes lost for almost nothing. Even moreso for Neutrals who just straight up lose if they die so it's not worth the risk for them either.
  4. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:Jester can kill abstainers

    Thread Author:NzForever

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    6
    Views
    340

    [Role Change] ►►Re: Jester can kill abstainers◄◄

    I see no reason to give Jester ability to choose, he is dead and has no alignment and no goal left after dying. Abstaining "meta" will not really change regardless and even if it did it would only make winning as Jester a lot harder.
  5. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:Neutral Evil Roles Defense

    Thread Author:NzForever

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    3
    Views
    167

    [Role Change] ►►Re: Neutral Evil Roles Defense◄◄

    The problem isn't that they die too easly, the problem is bad DH/GF targetting. Spotting people with really high chance of being neutrals based on behaviour alone is not that hard and usually Mafia/Triad will have some way to get information to decrease chances of that happening as well but there are still some people who have no idea what they are doing playing DH/GF and won't even listen to advice from other team members.
  6. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:Framer/Forger

    Thread Author:RufusPL

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    2
    Views
    162

    [Role Change] ►►Framer/Forger◄◄

    Framer/Forger need some kind of rework badly for years now. Not only 3 out of 5 invest roles bypass his ability completely the other 2 are very often not fooled anyway because of bad RNG.

    Alignment/role frame needs to be changed to exclude Neut Evils completely, the only acceptable one would be Cult but it's still very out of meta to play Cult alongside Mafia/Triad so i would keep it out. It should only frame as Mafia/Triad and Neut Killers. Preferably he should only frame as Neut Killer that is actually spawned in the game, or at least have a lot less of a chance to frame as a Neut Killer that is not spawned or as Neut Killer altogether because Mafia/Triad frames are the most valuable ones most of the time. Other solution could be to have 2 buttons at night next to each target, one button to frame as Mafia/Triad the other to frame as NK.

    Crime frames are completely scuffed and will almost never fool anyone. It needs to be changed so that instead of adding a random crime Framer/Forger changes crime record of the player to a set of crimes chosen at random from a set list (trespassing/kidnapping/soliciting and disturbing the peace/trespassing and murder etc.) that are actually likely to appear on a role. Possibly the set of crimes could be assigned at the beginning of the game to each player so Framer could frame the same person multiple times with the same crime record to prevent double checks countering it. Could also give Framer/Forger feedback when he picks the target during night of what he will frame the target as the same as Caporegime works to minimise bad RNG.
    How it would work in a night action order is:
    Framer chooses to target a player who is Investigator->Investigator performs his crime of Trespassing->Framer erases previous crime record and adds his own set instead so let's say Soliciting and Disturbing the Peace->Anyone who checks the Investigator in the same night will see Soliciting and DTP only. Next night Investigator can perform his crime of Trespassing again and add it to the framed crimes so it would be Soliciting, Trespassing and Disturbing the Peace, they stay on the target->Framer can visit again to erase the crime record and add the Soliciting and Disturbing the Peace back on.
    That way Framer/Forger would have a lot larger chance of success against Investigator checks.

    Could also potentially add a framed visit to mess with Det/Lookout results but it might be out of role flavor and Witch can already sort of do that so the changes to Sheriff/Invest checks should be enough i think.
  7. Replies
    3
    Views
    253

    ►►Re: Amnesiac remember lover Message day 2.◄◄

    Pretty common occurance. I assume Lover was the Arsonists target the night he was bonked. Don't do chaos kids.
  8. Forum:Mafia Bug Reports

    Thread:Spy cant talk during a party

    Thread Author:Supernoob

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    3
    Views
    457

    {Unsolved} ►►Re: Spy cant talk during a party◄◄

    Not only u can't speak but u can't see the actual chat either. Instead of the party chat it will show u chat from the last day which is pretty weird. Spy can't read mafia/triad chats anymore btw.
  9. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:Infiltrator [Mafia Support]

    Thread Author:Grakylan

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    10
    Views
    1,701

    [New Role] ►►Re: Infiltrator [Mafia Support]◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Grakylan View Post
    took me a while to deliberate ever responding to this

    only thing i gotta say for now is that the wiretap ability can still be salvaged. although the way you put it is a bit more intuitive. question is if you could even see whos talking to who or if its "anonymous (no #) is pming your target", b/c if you get to learn who everyone is, thats kinda strong, even for a mafia ability.
    He should see exactly what the person he tapped into sees so everything. The goal is to prevent town from pming all roles and lws to a confirmed role early in the game when the mafia/triad roles are unknown yet. He will receive only as much info as the town gives him. I would even say that most of the time the pm reading ability will be useless that's why he needs the lw reading ability to make up for it in games without any pms going around. Also would be pretty hard to make it anonymous considering everyone can see who pms who in what order. Even if u took that away from the infiltrator which could be abused to indentify him by town he could still ask a GF or whatever to write down the exact order of pms and match it with his chat history later on.
  10. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:Infiltrator [Mafia Support]

    Thread Author:Grakylan

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    10
    Views
    1,701

    [New Role] ►►Re: Infiltrator [Mafia Support]◄◄

    A bit of a resurrection but i would love some kind of role to counter the pm confirmed town meta. I wouldn't necessarily let it read all the pms sent during the day but i would make it a day use ability to pick 1 player anytime during a day to read all pms sent and received by him (with the recipients/senders) after using the ability, maybe he could also get access to the following night chat of that person (altho that would probably need to be anonymous). Could be unlimited uses or with a decent limit like 4 with a daily cooldown. That way people are not scared to send a pm once in a while because it's impossible to predict but a gov/vet/ph/whatever else can't just abuse pms d2. Could add to him some other ability on top to give it a bit more flexibility. Picking a player at night to read his saved lw if he didn't use the pm reading ability during the day could be interesting choice for that. Mafia/Triad is obviously best fit for this kind of role.

    Sure u can say that not all saves have pms or lws enabled but realistically it's very niche to not have that and it's not like we don't have roles that are useless in certain setups. Like ML/Mason are basically useless without Cult, Auditor or Citizens. Spy is useless without Mafia/Triad. Sheriff could be made useless by altering it's settings enough, plenty of examples to find. It should be responsibility of the host to ensure he didn't put a useless role in his setup.
  11. [Role Change] ►►Re: Witch is extremely weak and underwhelming, propose that Witch sees their target's feedback◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    With victim knows they are controlled on it does nerf you a little and force you to be more cautious about trying to lynch your victims but generally these saves have enchantress so you just need to keep a decent fake lw which you should be doing anyway
    It's not even about having to be cautions, this option basically makes witch only able to roleblock and interact with killing roles because people know their feedback isn't valid anymore. I really don't like this setting and i would never turn it on i keep it off for enchantress also.
  12. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:Time Traveler

    Thread Author:Space Milk

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    14
    Views
    684

    [New Role] ►►Re: Time Traveler◄◄

    Also i don't think TT should die if his target dies. He can't really influence it and it doesn't make that much sense flavor wise. I think his win condition should be either killing the target on his own or if his target died in other way it just turns into survival. I wouldn't notify him if the target died, he should still receive feedback that his target visited no one every night after it died so it's not completely obvious.
  13. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:Time Traveler

    Thread Author:Space Milk

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    14
    Views
    684

    [New Role] ►►Re: Time Traveler◄◄

    I feel like just seeing who their real target visited and being able to kill is already really good for benign, they don't need to be a detective on top of that. U can determine who is ur target just with that info alone and it doesn't let u easly claim det/lo and it doesn't hurt det/lo credibility. Maybe giving him 1-2 uses on the detective ability to use once u think u found ur target would be acceptable.
  14. [Role Change] ►►Re: Witch is extremely weak and underwhelming, propose that Witch sees their target's feedback◄◄

    Witch is a very strong role but it's not brainless like Judge. It does benefit a lot from people openly claiming but figuring out who is who without that is also part of the fun. Giving Witch too much info will make it too easy to claim strong roles with it which Evils shouldn't be able to do with how much power they have. Worst case scenario a Witch is a roleblocker, in best it can kill and create false info for invests. No reason to buff it.
  15. Replies
    11
    Views
    489

    [New Role] ►►Re: Cult Replacement Suggestion: Demagogue◄◄

    The problem is that imo a role that doesn't win with Mafia/Triad/Neut Killer shouldn't be an Evil slot when most of them have that. It's too much of a balance difference for Mafia/Triad/Neut Killer to roll a hostile role in Evil slot instead of a normal one. Also converting town is just too strong to work in normal 933/8331 environment. Maybe it would work if it was Neutral Killer slot and if it could flag everyone including Mafia/Triad and Neutral. Cult works fine really if it's in a dedicated setup.
  16. Replies
    5
    Views
    294

    ►►Re: serial killer did not kill jailor◄◄

    SK was also roleblocked by Escort that night so i guess a double rb could have caused it to not work somehow?
  17. Replies
    7
    Views
    360

    ►►Re: Enchantress 2 spell per use (maybe?)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Auwt View Post
    From what I understood from this role, 3 spell-enchantress means you can use thrice your power (here meaning both lure and repel on three different occasions).
    So in any case, I used 1 out of my 3 spells during N1 and another 1 out of 3 during N2.
    Still does not solve the problem, a last 1 out of 3 is missing.

    I assume it has something to do with BD redirecting my action to myself, and this would burn two spells during a single night ?
    Not sure how it is implemented.

    Basically what i assume happened is that 2 lures got used on the same night. 1 because u decided to use it to lure and repel whoever and the other because u got repeled and used it on urself again because of the repeled target visits themselfs rule so u lured urself with the second spell.
  18. Replies
    7
    Views
    360

    ►►Re: Enchantress 2 spell per use (maybe?)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Auwt View Post
    The same happened to me last night.

    Rolecard stated 3 spells Enchantress.

    1st Use : I used it N1 (both lure and repel)
    2nd Use : I used it N2 (both lure and repel, but I ended up repelling myself due to a BD move)

    Upon entering N3 and next nights onward, I had no buttons to interact with people anymore.
    If needed I can post the replay.
    Depending on the setup enchantress can make repelled people visit themselfs so that might be what happened here. U used 1 spell to lure and repel and then another one to lure urself because of repel after BD switch.
  19. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:Repick Train Issue

    Thread Author:Exeter350

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    23
    Views
    1,079

    ►►Re: Repick Train Issue◄◄

    I didn't even know they reduced it. I didn't notice it happening more than usual, i think i had it happen less than 5 times since mafia 2.0 so pretty standard rate. Actually very often clearly bad setups are just not getting repicked. Same goes for chaos, there was a leave train today actually after chaos was picked, they didn't repick it in time and Disco Inferno rolled so everyone left.
  20. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:A -setcount command

    Thread Author:Grakylan

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    2
    Views
    228

    [New Mechanic] ►►Re: A -setcount command◄◄

    Well i proposed it over 2 years ago but basically Frinckles said that it would be too much work to edit the generator so probably not happening.
  21. Replies
    18
    Views
    936

    [Role Change] ►►Re: Jailor/Interrogator/Kidnapper Rework◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Grakylan View Post
    When I suggested something in vain of this rework 2.5 years ago, I envisioned it only for the Jailor as a way for him to not rely too much on his N1 jail (hard-countered by constant lynching as RufusPL puts it) but I vaguely remember mentioning "just keep kidnapper/interro the same way"
    The problem with that is that a confirmed town role after a lynch can just request a Jailor claim to jail him after it to confirm the claim. And still Jailor doesn't need it, it's a town problem if they random lynch everyday, if town lynches triad/neutrals every day then u don't need a Jailor anyway because the game should be won regardless.
  22. Replies
    18
    Views
    936

    [Role Change] ►►Re: Jailor/Interrogator/Kidnapper Rework◄◄

    I understand that Jailor might be too hard countered by constant lynching sometimes so maybe giving him an ability to bypass the no jail after lynch rule once would be acceptable but it would be too strong of a setting for a Kidnapper/Interro imo and them not having it would make Jailors able to confirm themselfs a bit too easly while the counterparts would be easy to detect. Even still with current version if i'm playing a DH with rb immunity Jailor will always be my first priority target apart from Gov in most cases, if i can be rbed Escort would be the first target but Jailor would still be right after. The only killer Mafia/Triad has being rbed can turn a game from a town lose into town win easly. Vigilante can only trade kills really and that's assuming he didn't shoot someone NI while Jailor can kill the killer and prevent him from killing that night.
  23. Replies
    18
    Views
    936

    [Role Change] ►►Re: Jailor/Interrogator/Kidnapper Rework◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    i jus realized kidnap/interro shud get 1 jail/1exec at MOST.
    What's even the point of having interro over DF then? I don't understand why would you turn some of the most interesting roles in the game into bland killing roles with this change.
  24. Replies
    18
    Views
    936

    [Role Change] ►►Re: Jailor/Interrogator/Kidnapper Rework◄◄

    I don't like it. It just forces Jailor to randomly execute more and will basically turn it into a Vigilante that goes through immunities because not executing all ur jails just wastes it. Not to mention Kidnapper/Interrogator who will just be able to execute any confirmed town role through protective roles without any counterplay really. In my opinion more roles should benefit from slower gameplay and not lynching instead of getting more and more ways to end the game by d3, current Jailor is completely fine and Kidnapper/Interro are already strong roles.
  25. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:Ventriloquist

    Thread Author:Veliaire

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    9
    Views
    505

    [New Role] ►►Re: Ventriloquist◄◄

    Well it's easy to spot Silencer votes regardless of the setting, the kinda hidden votes are actually worse for the Silencer because it confirms the person is indeed silenced for sure. And even still u can bet people would game the mechanic. Everytime they would suspect the Ventriloquist on the person they would tell him like vote 1 if u are controlled and vote 4 if u are not controlled. The power level seems too low for what evils are.
  26. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:Ventriloquist

    Thread Author:Veliaire

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    9
    Views
    505

    [New Role] ►►Re: Ventriloquist◄◄

    How would it work with votes though? Let's say u try to accuse someone through a confirmed invest role but the actual invest won't vote with u and he will probably even try to spam vote other people to communicate. Would be pretty easy to spot that the invest is not voting on his own lead.
  27. ►►Re: Why do admins, developers, and moderators allow prefer and blacklist abuse system to persist?◄◄

    Blacklist was always 10 slots (mafia/triad roles always take 2 slots each tho) and Prefer was always 15 slots.
  28. Replies
    3
    Views
    289

    ►►Re: Caporegime impossible to spawn from Random◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Takumi Fujiwara View Post
    Are you using -emulate to try?
    I just tried, lowered all the roles apart from Capo to 0 and it just shows an error in this slot. Mafia Random has no excludes set.
  29. Replies
    3
    Views
    289

    ►►Caporegime impossible to spawn from Random◄◄

    It seems Caporegime can't spawn from Mafia Random.
  30. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:setup selection in lobby

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    5
    Views
    349

    [Other Change] ►►Re: setup selection in lobby◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Bruh...
    The first 8331 was created by Distorted, as the community got better and 933 got noticeably more and more town favored.
    8331 back then did indeed feel more balanced, it was no longer the "get town get win" game that it was - it felt like an improvement.
    Though he for that setup took weeks or months tweeking it nonstop back then, unlike the 8331s that are around now.

    At one point Mafia on EU revived after being dead, but it was full of new players, I remember deliberately going back to 933 because of it. Though, tbh, even 10-3-2 still wouldn't be town favored then.

    All I'm saying is, I don't agree with your dogmatic sounding opinion towards the 9-3-3 vs 8-3-3-1 fiasco.
    I don't entirely disagree that 834 can be made balanced over 933. I disagree that 8331 can be made ever balanced with any random which can be either another town or neutral evil and neutral evils are some of the most powerful roles in the game. I would rather play 834 where i know what i'm up against than hoping we rolled a town role instead of another evil. Neutral random is already very imbalanced with the massive difference between Killing/Evil/Benign.
  31. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:setup selection in lobby

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    5
    Views
    349

    [Other Change] ►►Re: setup selection in lobby◄◄

    The problem is default setups and especially some of the chaos ones are just bad. Some roles are scuffed while others are set OP for no reason. Bonker completely breaks any balance. Also knowing this community great setup making skills they would pick 8331 for a default setup over 933 or even 834 which is extremely imbalanced if any random rolls neut evil or hostile benign. Terrible setups have been a bane of this game for years and getting to use my own setups is the only way left in which i can still enjoy this game.
  32. [New Mechanic] ►►Re: Constable should be able to stop a -court if he one-shots the Judge◄◄

    The question rather would be should the Judge court stop if he manages to die in any way before it's fully resolved (DF shot, Constable shot, Marshall lynch, Arso burn), i don't see a reason to make a Constable only mechanic when it's already a strong role.
  33. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:Street Racer

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    18
    Views
    909

    ►►Re: Street Racer◄◄

    The problem is that instead of Street Racer u could have other more powerful role in that slot with more impact on the game instead. Even if we just look at town support roles getting an Escort instead of him is a lot more valuable and can prevent a lot more town deaths if GF dies/isn't rb immune. Getting Party Host can mean getting a relatively easly confirmable town role. I would argue that even Oracle is better at luring mafia/neut killers to it so it can reveal a confirmed player. Meanwhile SR even if he manages to waste 1 mafia kill he can still lead to a wasted lynch later on because it's really hard to confirm the claim especially with 2 uses only.

    People don't hate Doctors, sure Citizen is not liked because nobody wants to play a role without an ability and it can't really be used with random slots (especially that it's a gov slot), it would need to be predetermined which is generally avoided in SC2 mafia. But people still put Doctors possible in every setup, players just don't like to play protectives in general unless it's a BD but i would treat it more like a power than a protective. Protectives just have a pretty low skill ceiling and don't really leave much room to do anything differently than sitting on a confirmed role since d2/d3. Doctor is still way better role than Bodyguard and in most cases better than Armorsmith also.

    The problem SC2 mafia has is the relatively easy accessibility and the fact it's not in person. Half of the time u need to ask urself if the person is acting that way because he is a scum or because he has no clue what he is doing. Other times u need to ask urself if he isn't afk. And u can't read any physical tells like u would be able to do in person. U need to be a Mafia nerd already to sign to something like forum Mafia so u can expect players who play it know their stuff and very long day/night times pretty much exclude being afk. That leads to very often not being able to determine anything based on just behaviour in SC2 mafia so we gravitate towards actual information from roles rather than that.
  34. Replies
    2
    Views
    354

    ►►Re: OFFICIAL 2.0 Setup of the Day Submission Thread!◄◄

    Role List

    1. Godfather
    2. Coroner
    3. Town Protective
    4. Town Random
    5. Town Investigative
    6. Town Killing
    7. Mafia Random
    8. Town Support
    9. Neutral Evil
    10. Town Investigative
    11. Mafia Random
    12. Town Protective
    13. Neutral Killing
    14. Neutral Benign
    15. Town Random


    Minimum Player Count

    Minimum player count 7


    Non-default Options
    (i wrote them based on default options under "custom" so i hope it's correct)

    Neutral Evil: Exclude Cult
    Neutral Evil: Exclude Killing
    Town Killing: Exclude Bodyguard
    Town Random: Exclude Government
    Lookout: Ignores detection immunity
    Escort: Cannot be roleblocked
    Jailor: Can make 2 executions
    Vigilante: Limited to 3 kills
    Spy: Can see all Mafia/Triad targets
    Bus Driver: Can target self
    Veteran: Limited to 3 nights
    Veteran: Ignores invulnerability
    Party Host: 2 parties allowed
    Enchantress: Knows if Repel Target Visited
    Enchantress: Repel Target will self-target if visiting
    Enchantress: 4 Spells Allowed
    Armorsmith: 4 vests allowed
    Consigliere: Detects exact role
    Disguiser: Cleans the target's role
    Consort: Cannot be role-blocked
    Consort: Detects block-immune target
    Janitor: Limited to 3 cleanings
    Kidnapper: Can kidnap Mafia members
    Kidnapper: Unblockable kill
    Agent: 1 night between shadowings OFF
    Beguiler: Can hide 4 times
    Beguiler: Can hide behind Mafia
    Actress: Learns target role
    Serial Killer: Kills roleblockers
    Arsonist: Ignition always kills
    Arsonist: Victim knows he is doused OFF
    Arsonist: Douses roleblockers
    Arsonist: Single Ignition During Day
    Mass Murderer: 1 night between sprees OFF
    Witch: Victim knows he is controlled OFF
    Auditor: Immunity prevents conversion OFF
    Auditor: Limited to 3 conversions OFF
    Judge: 2 court calls allowed
    Judge: 1 day between court calls
    Judge: Court vote counts for 2
    Survivor: Has 4 bulletproof vests
    Executioner: Target is always town OFF
    Poisoner: Target knows they are poisoned OFF


    Time Setup

    Day Length: 2.0min
    Night Length: 0.8min
    Discussion Time: 0.5min
    Trial Length: 0.8min

    Day Type: Trial
    Start Game: Day/No Lynch
    Night Sequence

    Last Will Enabled
    PM Allowed
    Discussion Enabled
    Trial Pauses Day Enabled
    Trial Defense Enabled
    Choose Names Enabled


    Summary of Setup

    Name: Coroner's Vengeance

    A Vanilla 9-3-3 setup but with a twist of Coroner being a town center piece instead of Town Government so the game doesn't end up with 1 Mayor/Marshall/Constable solving a solo puzzle game with whispers every match. Coroner in the right hands and in a right circumstances can be the most useful out of the Investigative roles but the community still looks down on it for no reason. Town roles are generally weighted towards Investigative/Protective roles, Mafia towards Investigative/Deceptive roles and Killers towards Arsonist and Poisoner to hopefully slow the game down. It's more about getting the right lynches and getting information from trials instead of killers killing half the lobby by Day 3. Individual roles have pretty strong setups but still toned down to be balanced wherever necessary. Slots have a decent amount of variance still to leave the claims open as much as possible to avoid role counting. A good all-round setup for all the roles to have fun apart from Government and Cult because it's just too disruptive to the game.


    Setup Code

    Save 1
    Author:
    Save Name:
    str1: 1211001111 11 111111 1000 0 10 0010 0 11 1 1111 111 1011 010 100 1 11 011 0 1001 0 0 1 1 10101 01 1 0 0 1 1 0 11111 111 011 10 1001 10 11 111 100 10101 10011 1 0 1
    str3: 1.96 0.79 0.50 0.80
    str4: 1100 0001 1 101 111011 100 1000 1100 11000 1000 11000 111001 0 0001 01000 0 11011 010000 0 110110 00000 0000 0010 00000 00000 000000 000000 0000 11000 00000 0 100000 000000 00000 1001 10000
    str5: 0 11111 111 011 10 1001 10 11 111 100 10101 10011 1 1 0
    str2: 1 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 2 4 4 4 4 4
    str0: 10 5 5 6 6 7 20 2 2 2 3 3 12 13 14
    str6: 0 2.015 2.9836 3.0178 1.972 2.0432 1.5 5.9848 1.981 2.0446 3.006 7.9943 2.044 0.5 2.9902 1.9538 1.9648 0 5.9846 0 1.493 1.4726 1.9936 5.9807 2.9841 4.0087 2.9897 4.0087 3.9638 3.9638 0 0 2.4821 2.9943 2.955 2.009 2.0488 1.0244 1.0202 3.0336 2.4782 2.4821 0.9848 2.951 0
    str7: 1.9992 4.0087 3.9638 3.9638 4.0087 4.0087 4.0087 0 2.0053 0 3.9638 4.0146 0 3.9794 0 3.9794
    str8: 0 0 2.4716 2.9785 3.0234 2.033 2.5114 1.0141 1.0478 2.9506 2.5173 2.4816 0.9846 0 0
  35. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:Street Racer

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    18
    Views
    909

    ►►Re: Street Racer◄◄

    Well Street Racer is a bit too passive role for the meta but the first problem right now is the limited uses of the ability. We need options for 3 and 4 uses to let him actually use the ability and see if it's any good then.

    Enchantress is just like Witch, u are either completely useless, u can even be a detriment to ur allies or u completely control and carry the game. It really depends on the roles in the game and what u hit with the ability so it's hard to balance.
  36. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Clever Plays?

    Thread Author:Glowbug

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    8
    Views
    524

    ►►Re: Clever Plays?◄◄

    Well definitely first rule of this game is try to think for urself as much as possible. Most of the time u either can't trust other people or u can't trust they know what they are talking about. From the description it doesn't sound like executing triad was the worst move, but definitely should have prepared the jailed ur DH n1 claim because it would probably win u the game depending on other confirmed roles.
  37. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:Poisoner 3 day delay

    Thread Author:Renegade

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    19
    Views
    893

    ►►Re: Poisoner 3 day delay◄◄

    The delayed kill is already a big deal and makes it harder to decrease triad votes endgame. Also it decreases amount of kills overall because ur victims can be easier killed by other means (other killings roles, lynch) before ur poison works. And it's not really that much harder to detect if u are paying attention. Not having night immunity on neut killer makes it really hard to beat triad, most of the time Poisoner will just exist to help Triad win. I would pick Serial Killer over any other NK any day.
  38. Replies
    2
    Views
    358

    ►►Jailor able to jail Informant's original body◄◄

    Jailor is currently able to click on the jail button next to the original informant spot and the button next to the informant's target (current informant) is not there. Possibly he can do it through typing jail also but not tested. It let's Jailor easily determine who currently informant is.

    Informant (3) killed n1, Jailor (Jeremiah) d2 was able to click the button next to where 3 used to be and it told him he is going to jail 2 who is currently Informant. There was no button to jail at all next to 2.

    Name: -Mafia- (4736).SC2Replay
Views: 0
Size: 271.1 KB
  39. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:Poisoner 3 day delay

    Thread Author:Renegade

    Post Author:RufusPL

    Replies
    19
    Views
    893

    ►►Re: Poisoner 3 day delay◄◄

    I think Poisoner should have a NI option available but otherwise he is fine. MM is still the weakest of killers. Most of the time u just help mafia win by killing towns and not being able to kill them in the endgame. On the topic of killers i think the new Arson option is nice because it makes him more flexible but for some reason it's grayed out and i can't use it in my setup.
  40. ►►Impossible role spawns, bugged party chat and Spy not seeing triad visits◄◄

    I don't even know what happend that game, never seen anything like it. 5 triad roles spawned from 3 possible triad slots, 2 neut killers from 1 NK slot and 2 neut benigns from 1 NB slot. N2 instead of party chat (while silenced) the game displayed to me results of the last voting one by one instead of actual chat lines.

    Name: -Mafia- (4715).SC2Replay
Views: 0
Size: 304.4 KB


    I will also add second game since it happend soon after. 2 Spies despite can see triad visits option on couldn't see Forgers visiting, they could only see DH kills.

    Name: -Mafia- (4718).SC2Replay
Views: 0
Size: 360.8 KB
  41. Replies
    3
    Views
    286

    [Misc. Suggestion] ►►Re: Oracles that die during the middle of the day◄◄

    Oracle is already one of the easiest claims to make, i don't see a reason to encourage it.
  42. Replies
    5
    Views
    409

    [Role Change] ►►Re: Lover/Swinger/Heartbreaker are underwhelming◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    Lover is a difficult role but I don't see why that's a bad thing. Some players find that as a rewarding experience and the existence of the role in a game can have a huge impact on it.

    Likewise, I think you underestimate how strong Swinger/HB can be. The hostage effect of forcing a player to love you can benefit the Swinger/HB significantly. And if you don't like the idea of pretending to be a Lover, you can always claim that your target instead loved you. Then you could just fakeclaim something like Oracle, SR, Survivor or whatever else is convenient.
    An average town will just lynch/kill u both if u CC eachother that's how this game works. Let's say that u managed to get gov in love and he knows u are swinger but doesn't want to kill u yet. U are still useless. U can't vote because ur vote pattern will be used against ur team, u can't affect the game in any meaningfull way because whatever u say is treated as worthless or used against ur team. Also one thing i forgot to mention, if ur taget dies in any way and leaves lw (Jailor, Veteran, Vigilante, NK, Witch, BG) u are done. Not only u just got exposed as a proven swinger/heartbreaker they also know for that one day u don't have any target active so they can just lynch u.
  43. Replies
    5
    Views
    409

    [Role Change] ►►Lover/Swinger/Heartbreaker are underwhelming◄◄

    There is almost no benefit in being Lover over Survivor/Amnesiac. You not only need to survive yourself without vests but you also need to keep the other person alive. You aren't even confirmed role if you love town because you can still be Heartbreaker/Swinger. I feel like Lover needs either night immunity for himself so he can survive most attacks so he dies if his loved target is killed, or him dying shouldn't kill his loved target and lover wins as long as his target stays alive till the end (reverse exe).

    Swinger/Heartbreaker are also not only borderline useless their ability is a hinderence. It forces you into a lover claim which can be easly countered by other neut benign claims or neutrals dying. You have almost no control over what role you are going to love because you are forced to use the ability n1 and can't change the target. And if you manage to avoid being caught in the first place your ability is just bad. Trading a triad vote for even a gov isn't a good trade, and in most cases certainly won't be for any other town role. While also not providing any passive benefit to the triad while you are alive. Meanwhile you could be something like Double Flower who can just straight up kill anyone he wants whenever he wants anonymously without dying himself and gets a second shot if the game is long.
    At the very least their target shouldn't know who loved them (at least with current version of the role) and they should be able to pick/change their target any night they want. This way they would ensure getting a right role killed with them and wouldn't be straight up revealed d2. I still don't see much benefit in having it over other killing roles like DF/Interro/Informant so they could probably use some passive ability aswell (detection immunity/show up as lover in graveyard/learn target role etc.).
  44. Replies
    1
    Views
    172

    ►►Escort RBed GF despite RB immunity being on◄◄

    So n3 GF (7, NameDoesntFi) went to attack Escort (13, Vespa) and the Escort went to roleblock GF but for some reason GF got roleblocked despite RB immunity being on. No other roles present who could have a potential influence on the actions.

    Name: -Mafia- (4672).SC2Replay
Views: 0
Size: 412.3 KB
  45. Replies
    21
    Views
    1,227

    ►►Re: Petition : Restore Option for Executioner Night Immunity◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    fair, but do u agree that NI + does not need to survive til end + target is not always town = way too powerful role that needs some kind of nerf?
    I mean Judge with 4 votes, 2 courts; Marshall with 4 executions, 2 lynches; Investigator with exact role detection on are also OP roles yet those options are there.
  46. Replies
    4
    Views
    335

    {Unsolved} ►►Judge 1 day between courts option doesn't work◄◄

    Like the title says Judge can court 2 days in a row with the 1 day between courts option turned on.

    Name: -Mafia- (4676).SC2Replay
Views: 0
Size: 253.8 KB
  47. Replies
    2
    Views
    382

    [New Role] ►►Re: New Role Idea: Neutral Jester◄◄

    People who abstain on almost every vote shouldn't be allowed to play this game. If u are town it's just stupid and if u are non town it's one of the most suspicious things.
  48. Replies
    21
    Views
    1,227

    ►►Re: Petition : Restore Option for Executioner Night Immunity◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMostache View Post
    A lot of failors and gglantes are too much of cheapskates to use their shots on neutrals. You can still troll as NK the whole game and they won't exe/shoot you.
    They are usually too busy killing random people since n1/n2.
  49. Replies
    3
    Views
    283

    ►►Re: Survivor doesn't lose vests on role change◄◄

    Well if we were to stick to how it worked previously there should be a difference between Armorer vest and Survivor/Citizen vest. Armorer vest should be an item that stays always until use while the other ones should be an ability tied to the role. Like i don't think Cult should get a free vest because they converted a Citizen.
  50. Replies
    21
    Views
    1,227

    ►►Re: Petition : Restore Option for Executioner Night Immunity◄◄

    Well u can still claim Survivor, in most saves it will be the same slot and same chance.
Results 1 to 50 of 135
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3