Search Results - SC2 Mafia
Register

Search:

Type: Posts; User: ikarusdk

Search: Search took 0.01 seconds.

  1. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:Repick Train Issue

    Thread Author:Exeter350

    Post Author:ikarusdk

    Replies
    23
    Views
    1,243

    ►►Re: Repick Train Issue◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Segment of Life View Post
    clearly person who decided this does not play games with randoms and is out of touch with their player base.
    Have you been involved in 2.0 BETA and subsequent patchworks? Clearly not.
  2. [Role Change] ►►Re: Witch is extremely weak and underwhelming, propose that Witch sees their target's feedback◄◄

    Witches role is to confuse town. It is strong enough to wreck havoc amongst invests even if you don't know what you are doing, and if you are perceptive to what your victims say during the day, that is all the feedback you need to further cause chaos. Sometimes you get lucky and get instant feedback from a vet, vigi kill or invest coming out claiming they found evil. It is a high skill cap and extremely difficult to win solo, but it is definitely possible. Getting definitive feedback is unnecessarily retarding the role and would become way too powerful. Witches are fine as they are in my opinion, and it is always my wish to get the role.
  3. Replies
    2
    Views
    424

    {Watch List} ►►Electrorider: 1-S2-1-11478312◄◄

    Account Name: Electrorider
    Account ID: 1-S2-1-11478312
    In-Game Name: alien farts

    Crimes Committed: Gamethrow

    Your Account Name: IkaRus
    Summary: Trialed and sentenced to death, he gives out other triad numbers. Majority of town ignored him, but the difference here is that Electro did tell the truth giving away the triad numbers, which instantly put 5 under light the next day.

    Name: -Mafia- (194).SC2Replay
Views: 2
Size: 355.0 KB
  4. Forum:Research and Development

    Thread:Repick Train Issue

    Thread Author:Exeter350

    Post Author:ikarusdk

    Replies
    23
    Views
    1,243

    ►►Re: Repick Train Issue◄◄

    The only time I type -repick is when Plaugerat is hosting.

    Or...

    When I see UwU

    as I join the game. It brings back SC2Mafia memories from 2015.
  5. ►►Re: Why do admins, developers, and moderators allow prefer and blacklist abuse system to persist?◄◄

    Are we seriously still complaining about this? And since when did few loud minority became the 'actual playerbase?'

    The developers are aware of this issue. What is so hard to understand that things take time. Is Frinckles someone who gets paid 6 figures with a team of 100 software engineers? He is doing this in his own time. So respect the work they are doing by keeping quiet after you alerted them with your problem with the game.

    And why is it so wrong for developers to 'appease' veterans who has SUPPORTED THIS GAME OVER THE YEARS BY ACTUALLY PLAYING THIS? Without so called veteran players, SC2 wouldn't be here now. Because of veteran players who maintained this game, we are still enjoying it. Is that hard to understand? Every other game has some sort of progression system that allows veteran players to let others know they have supported the game? If someone wants to show they have earned what they earned, don't antagonize them for something they earned and let them! Or do you want to remove cosmetics and colour names as well because they 'flaunt' your veteraness as well? How about the achievement list? Heck, let's just remove the whole point system huh because that's the root cause of your problem?

    I've already gone over this in the other thread how unlikely it is for you to actually get the role even if you 'prefer'. It's not like everyone who can, prefer every game anyway. So I'm not going to go over this again, but the bottom line is, prefer is perfectly fine as is. If you are still looking for faults in the system, then it is more likely to be with blacklist because blacklist is even more powerful than prefer as it pushes unwanted roles to other players.

    It's probably been suggested but I stopped reading after I posted my last one because I thought it was pointless to discuss further. But since the 'actual playerbase' apparently still deeply cares enough to create yet another thread, the solution is simple.

    Nerf size of blacklist and prefer, e.g. 4-5 blacklists, 2-3 prefer.


    Stop pursuing this issue until the developers make a decision about it and work on it. You are free to dislike the state of the game, but you are also free to not play this game if it affects you this much.
  6. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Every new role is fun except....

    Thread Author:PrinceKO

    Post Author:ikarusdk

    Replies
    6
    Views
    567

    ►►Re: Every new role is fun except....◄◄

    As someone said, Lover is like a jester except you choose your own victim. But yes, Lover is hard to win with.
  7. ►►Re: Remove -prefer -blacklist, mafia2 vest hogging up all the "fun" roles◄◄

    I wholeheartedly disagree with where this is going.

    I see a lot of new players complain about it after they learn about its existence, but how many of us consistently use -prefer? Do you -prefer every game? Do you -prefer same roles all the time?

    On top of this, consider these facts:

    1) The game decides list of roles before game initialises. - No guarantee of Prefer working.
    2) If a role is open, -prefer does not guarantee you that role - No guarantee of Prefer working.
    3) If there are others -prefering the same role - Again, No guarantee of Prefer working.

    Your argument that new players cannot enjoy it is simply wrong and misguided.

    Before my points reset several times over a course of 10 years or more, I've enjoyed ALL the roles available in the game more or less equally without uses of -prefer, even against players with high points.

    Now when I -prefer, I get the role in perhaps 20-30% of the games. But hey, maybe the role went to another player who used -prefer. Perhaps. But in a lot of cases, they went to newer players.


    Another thing you forget is veteran players need certain privileges to set them apart from new players. Apart from use of colours and various characters that unlock during progression, there aren't that many privileges veteran players can use. -Blacklist is much more powerful than -prefer, but people focus more on what others get because grass is always greener on the other side.

    Leave -Prefer alone. It is nerfed enough and does not guarantee you a role. New players competing against -prefer can also get the role.
    Just enjoy what you get and not what others can get. Stop being so jealous and salty.
  8. Replies
    2
    Views
    513

    {Ban List} ►►raf: 1-S2-1-10835855, PlagueRat:1-S2-1-12232487◄◄

    MAFIA 2.0

    Account Name: raf
    Account ID: 1-S2-1-10835855
    In-Game Name: Diavolo Ferrari

    Crimes Committed: pretending to map hack, which is considered hacking itself.

    Your Account Name: Ikarus

    Summary: Don't know if he was actually hacking, but he was advertising he was map hacking. Either way it should be considered hacking.



    Account Name: PlagueRat
    Account ID: 1-S2-1-12232487
    In-Game Name: Willgamethroworquitifshitrole

    Crimes Committed: Role Quit


    Summary: As stated in his in game name, he quit d1 after getting sheriff, not the first time.


    Replays: Name: -Mafia- (152).SC2Replay
Views: 2
Size: 240.6 KB
  9. Forum:News

    Thread:Mafia 2.0 Release Date

    Thread Author:DJarJar

    Post Author:ikarusdk

    Replies
    17
    Views
    2,372

    Sticky: ►►Re: Mafia 2.0 Release Date◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by mafiamafia View Post
    Street Racer = useless Fruit Vendor + nerfed Bus Driver + nerfed Survivor

    Though fundamentally a nerfed hybrid role, at least it's not useless.

    Thanks to the creation of "Town Support" under the catalog, it can exist as both useful and enjoyable for the player without overburdened by high/multiple role spawns.

    The "Town Support" tab is basically random roles that should be no more than 1 per town. That is a very good addition. It finally gave Citizen a legitimate place too (because being in the same spawn category as Mayor/Marshall/ML was never its rightful place).

    Fruit vendor was one of the more powerful roles in town, albeit not as much as armoursmith. It is slightly below the level of Party Host as a guaranteed self confirming role. Frinkckles decided to remove fruit vendor because armoursmith just does the job better but that does not make it useless. I am frankly quite sick of people not understanding the potential of roles and dismiss them as weak or useless. If a role has a powerful active ability such as jailor, the role must be balanced by lacking something in another way. Take Jailor for example. The active is extremely powerful but Jailor clearly has limitations and drawbacks. People dismiss the ability to self confirm but the more you play the game the more you will realise it is very strong, if not the strongest passive ability a town person can have. Because of that, fruit vendor has no other powerful actives like other roles, and people regard this as being useless.

    Reducing a newly introduced role as a hybrid between nerfed this nerfed that is redundant and makes the excitement about new roles disappear. Same thing happens with the Poisoner. People like to compare Poisoner weak/useless Arsonist or SK. But a new role is a new role, unique to its own.

    The amount of time I've hosted games and people join and start causing disruptions saying this role is shit that role is bad ruins the dynamics of games. But is it a coincidence that after a period of time, they stop complaining and start actually contribute to the discussion in a constructive manner? It happens because I've witnessed it happening with you.

    I am by no means trying to dig at you or single you out, but I wish people could stop being quick to judge the game and become so short sighted. I'd love to see people enjoy new roles as they are without comparing them to other older roles. Also a boring role does not mean useless because there is no such thing as useful or useless roles. Even Scumbag has it's own way of having fun if played right.
  10. Forum:News

    Thread:Mafia 2.0 Release Date

    Thread Author:DJarJar

    Post Author:ikarusdk

    Replies
    17
    Views
    2,372

    Sticky: ►►Re: Mafia 2.0 Release Date◄◄

    Great news Frinckles! I will be there when it happens!

    Btw I'm still sad about fruit vendor.
  11. {Watch List} ►►Re: TRiFeCted: 1-S2-1-1269107, Bakemyday: 1-S2-1-5875305◄◄

    Thank you for your review and prompt action on my report.


    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post

    Trifected is an old, old player, but he's never gotten worse than the now-retired Stumplist.

    Looking at Melifera's report who was reported due to uses of extremely toxic language, I am assuming similar behaviour is also reportable?
    I am asking because I do not see anything in the rules that using racial slurs and offensive languages are punishable, however I do strongly agree that sort of behaviour should be.
    Having said that, TRiFeCted says similar stuff all the time in lobbies and start of games. What is the distinction between His and Melifera's behaviour? Perhaps I should screenshot next time but the general feel you get from having to read what he spews out is about the same. It's just simply offensive.
  12. {Watch List} ►►TRiFeCted: 1-S2-1-1269107, Bakemyday: 1-S2-1-5875305◄◄

    Account Name: TRiFeCted: 1-S2-1-1269107, Bakemyday: 1-S2-1-5875305
    Account ID: TRiFeCted: 1-S2-1-1269107, Bakemyday: 1-S2-1-5875305
    In-Game Name: Old Cartman, Only you

    Crimes Committed: Game throw

    Your Account Name: Ikarus
    Summary: Both triad members. D4 or 5?, Evils have majority (all triads alive as well judge) and Neut random states clearly he will vote with judge and triad. DH tries to lynch 5. Both 12 AND 15 refuse and disperse votes. DH dies to jailor N4. Days carry on without any kills as Jailor jails enforcer. 12 and 15 still try to refuse to vote towns with 1 and judge. This carries on till D8 where 15 reveals 12 is triad, and tries to vote 1 who was trying to win for Mafia. 15 gets lynched, 12 suicides. Town wins day 9, from a game that was clearly going to be a Mafia win.

    12 is too busy role playing to realise the game was already won, 15 just flat out refused to win and threw.

    This isn't the first time TriFeCted threw a game, I've been in a game where he threw but I did not report because I had to go.

    Also noting that TriFected is known for using extremely offensive languages for no reason. He will just say whatever he can think of in lobbies. The community would be better without him.

    Name: -Mafia- (126).SC2Replay
Views: 1
Size: 347.6 KB
  13. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Nerf Jailor Role

    Thread Author:Serena

    Post Author:ikarusdk

    Replies
    11
    Views
    841

    ►►Re: Nerf Jailor Role◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Serena View Post
    So let me get this straight, if an interro has kidnapped someone and executed. and then runs out of ammo from kidnapping and shooting, and they jail the SK. and can't execute, that person dies then? because the sk can't be roleblocked right?
    That is correct.
  14. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Understanding Sc2 Mafia 101

    Thread Author:VolKov

    Post Author:ikarusdk

    Replies
    16
    Views
    1,039

    ►►Re: Understanding Sc2 Mafia 101◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by VolKov View Post
    50% racist 50% troll and 100% killy save requesting a role
    killy is sick of me requesting Witch so he stopped asking.
  15. Replies
    35
    Views
    2,251

    ►►Re: Your Game has a Real Racism Problem◄◄

    I've been off and on Mafia for longer than 10 years now (i think if not longer?!!!)

    I 100% agree with OP. I believe we actually have a problem.

    There are some things I want to talk about first.

    Firstly, the size of community.
    The number of concurrent players are shockingly small compared to other games. Over the years, I've observed and experienced smaller and smaller lobbies created. You could argue that is a good thing, but at the same time, people wait 30-40 min for a lobby to fill up and it can be one of the reasons people just quit. After all, we are all busy people, who has time to wait when you can play other games? So how do we get more players? Do we want more players? Of course. We want to maintain net positives. So what can we do to make Mafia more appealing for those sitting in Arcade?

    Problem with new players.
    The obvious con here is that the general quality of the games will be worse. The number of new players will positively correlate with the number of rule breachers. While Mafia can be quite toxic, it's generally newer players who are like this. More trolls, more role quitters, more choo chooers, more toxic language.. BUT. There are legitimately nice new players who simply want to try Mafia. However, newer players who do not have the knowledge of in game mechanics can infuriate many experienced players because, well, they will see certain decisions made by them as trolling or game throwing. I am guilty of that myself. More reports will be generated, harsher language will be used, and as a consequence, they quit.

    Racism
    I don't think there is anyone here that would argue real life racism is good. If there is a person in the community who actually believes racism is good, historically, we are quite quick to figure out who. So why is there still racism in game? Because most of experienced players are tired of reporting for their use of racist language. We learnt to tolerate it. Some people can see racism as banter and just move on. Personally, I hate racism. I hate the idea, I hate the fact it makes other players uncomfortable, I hate the fact it just degrades the quality of games. But over time, I too got tired of telling people not to be racists, and learnt to tolerate it. I learnt to accept that new players will try the game then never come back. New players (nice ones) who are trying it out get offended, get sick of it and never play this game mode again. You all experienced this, but most of new players who stick around, they become a major part of the problem, some until they are experienced themselves,. We simply keep attracting more racism into the game by ignoring the problem and it is just a vicious cycle.

    So how do we limit racism while growing as a community? We should be more proactive. Existing players should strive to become a better community. We have to behave ourselves and stop using racist languages altogether. Lead by example. Generate more reports so people learn racism isn't tolerated here. Make rules more strict so names perceived as racist name is punishable. Be more patient with new players until they played enough to learn the mechanics and skills.

    I've been guilty of many things I accuse other people of myself and I realised it too late. I'm ashamed of it. All I can do now, is try to become a better member of the community and be more proactive both in the game and in the forum, for the betterment of SC2Mafia.
  16. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Nerf Jailor Role

    Thread Author:Serena

    Post Author:ikarusdk

    Replies
    11
    Views
    841

    ►►Re: Nerf Jailor Role◄◄

    I don't believe Jailors are overpowered as long as the execution is limited. It is a powerful yet balanced role because you are limited to days without lynching, and to be a successful jailor, you require good deduction skills. Perhaps you are upset about Night 1 kills (based on the other post), but that is no different to other killing roles performing kills. Having said that, jailors performing executions night 1 without any good reasons are just people who want to see the world burn for those who waited 30 minutes for a game, and it is unfortunate, but they do exist in the community. But the vast majority are good people who would not make the N1 execution without a reason.

    And you were DH that game, so overall, I say jailor did make the right choice for his goal, which is to kill off evils. It's just bad luck to be picked n1.
  17. Replies
    5
    Views
    867

    ►►Re: Customized Saves you want from Serena◄◄

    I personally would like to try quick short mayhem games. Not saying this is the save I want to play, but an example being, 5 Vigi, 2 BD, 2 Vets, 1 Doc, 2 SK, 3 Jesters for example.

    Traditional 8331 is fun and it's what I usually play, but if people want to bring out saves that are different from time to time, I enjoy those as long as I know it's just for simple mindless fun.
  18. Replies
    25
    Views
    1,654

    ►►Re: Intentionally rigged roles in saves◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    it's in a grey area. Griefing charge is sometimes applied for repeatedly hosting egregiously troll saves. What counts as an egregiously troll save is essentially based on the community consensus opinion. People trying to host unlimited alert vet is pretty rare so I'm not sure if there is much opinion to look back on. I'd personally agree that it's stupidly OP and should probably be removed as an option in 2.0.
    I believe it should be removed, as there is no counter play to this. We only won that game because evils were lucky and towns weren't very responsive. But I can just imagine how one sided it would be otherwise.
  19. Replies
    25
    Views
    1,654

    ►►Re: Intentionally rigged roles in saves◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Veliaire View Post
    I'm asking just in case this guy tries to pull that crap on me.
    You don't have to worry about that, once the game starts, I never leave till the end.
  20. Replies
    25
    Views
    1,654

    ►►Re: Intentionally rigged roles in saves◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Veliaire View Post
    Are you still crying about this? I will be sure to make sure I give Jailors unlimited executions, just for you. If you don't like it then make your own lobby.
    From the brilliant mind that brought to you 'I've been active here so make me mod'
  21. Replies
    25
    Views
    1,654

    ►►Intentionally rigged roles in saves◄◄

    What is the rule, if there is any, on hosting a rigged save? When I say rigged, it is when a host clearly gives the most overpowered settings to certain roles then prefers them while blacklisting others.

    Do you just avoid them? Do you just leave them?

    I think there should be a certain restriction because with current SC2 Mafia playerbase, you cannot just leave the lobby because concurrent mafia players are quite limited so unless you want to wait for a while, you have to put up with such saves.

    The most recent such save I can recount, without naming any specific player, had given veteran unlimited alerts, and while this may sound like nothing, but when the veteran (host) goes into play, he will most certainly be guaranteed to be confirmed by day 2, and with no evils being able to kill him during nights, it feels extremely overpowered and unfair to others because how do you get others to lynch a confirmed veteran from day 2? It gives the host unrivalled advantage over the outcome of the game and unless evils play extremely smart, you can not win against the veteran.

    Sure, it is within the host's power to modify saves and use his point privilege to prefer and blacklist roles, but it almost feels like it is cheating, not to mention unfun
  22. Forum:Punished Players & Appeals

    Thread:Astral: 1-s2-1-5956964

    Thread Author:ikarusdk

    Post Author:ikarusdk

    Replies
    2
    Views
    442

    {Watch List} ►►Astral: 1-s2-1-5956964◄◄

    acct name: Astral
    acct id: 1-s2-1-5956964
    in-game name: Primo

    Crimes committed: Intentional Game-Throwing

    Your acct name: ikarusdk
    Summary: In 1 Triad, 1 Sk, 2 Town, 1 neut benign(?) standoff situation, as BG, he votes off confirmed vet, starts defending SK till BG is killed off. Vet still had 2 alerts left, which could've been used to bait the remaining triad and Sk to win. Suspected teaming with Sk but unsure.

    Name: -Mafia- (54).SC2Replay
Views: 2
Size: 357.4 KB
  23. Forum:Punished Players & Appeals

    Thread:Helios: 1-S2-1-357441

    Thread Author:ikarusdk

    Post Author:ikarusdk

    Replies
    2
    Views
    501

    {Watch List} ►►Helios: 1-S2-1-357441◄◄

    Account Name: Helios
    Account ID: 1-S2-1-357441
    In-Game Name: Giraldo II.

    Crimes Committed: Intentional Game throw

    Your Account Name: Ikarusdk
    Summary: 1 DH remaining, with 3 towns remaining. 1 is the confirmed vet, he has been stating that fact since d3 and is proven due to vet kills from n1. 10 (Helios) argues 1 is the DH and gets him lynched with 2 other towns, (one of them knew 1 wasn't the DH but wanted to finish the game). With 1 dead, town is in shambles and loses the game.

    Name: -Mafia- (49).SC2Replay
Views: 1
Size: 277.5 KB
  24. Replies
    2
    Views
    356

    ►►1-S2-1-2235461 ikarusdk◄◄

    Account Name: ikarusdk
    Account ID: 1-S2-1-2235461
    Your Server: Americas
    Approximate Points: 8000 (I think)

    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...-S2-1-10804120

    Here is my latest report that includes the latest replay I had submitted in Feb 23rd.

    While I was cleaning up my computer, I had accidentally shift deleted the entire My documents folder that resulted in my loss of SC2 progress including Sc2mafia.
    I've played Mafia for years and if it is possible, get my points restored please.
  25. Replies
    3
    Views
    546

    {Watch List} ►►ThiccUwU: 1-S2-1-10804120◄◄

    Name: -Mafia- (516).SC2Replay
Views: 3
Size: 262.5 KB

    Account Name: ThiccUwU
    Account ID:1-S2-1-10804120
    In-Game Name: ThiccUwU

    Crimes Committed: Intentional game throw

    Your Account Name: ikarusdk: 1-S2-1-2235461
    Summary: Outing another cult member the day or two before game is finished because he 'hated being culted', in the next lobby he claims he will not be banned and he can do whatever he wanted. While game was won for cult, this kind of behaviour should absolutely be punished.
  26. Replies
    12
    Views
    2,084

    {Ban List} ►►Re: DarkGhost: 1-S2-2-1227014, SoulEaterR: 1-S2-1-5152845◄◄

    If I may,

    I've had the displeasure of meeting SoulEateR in a lot of my games.
    He is quite possibly one of the worst players I've ever seen, and because he has a lot of points, he can abuse '-prefer' before the game even starts. Once he is in the game, at least half the time town govt role will go to him, and at least half the time, he throws the game, whether intentionally or unintentionally. He has sub 30% win rate with a huge amount of points, and that tells you how good he is.

    I don't consider just a ban to be a good for him. I would suggest permanent ban because every time I see a neon green 'Mayor' in the game, I almost want to leave the game because the town has less than 10 percent chance of winning with this guy as town govt.
  27. Replies
    2
    Views
    799

    {Watch List} ►►ARPENCAN: 1-S2-1-10747442◄◄

    Account Name: ARPENCAN
    Account ID: # 1-S2-1-10747442
    In-Game Name: - Giacomo Devito (Hot key # 14)

    Crimes Committed - Intentional gamethrowing / quite possibly teaming with the last mafia (voice chat?)

    Your Account Name: - ikarusdk

    Summary: - As vigilante, at a crucial moment where town was about to find who the last mafia is and win, shoots and kills the confirmed Marshall (NIGHT 4). The next day, I (Lookout) find out him and 12 visited the marshall. Knowing one of the kill was from the vigilante, I knew that the other one was the last mafia. I post the last will, and basically tell the players either 12 and 14 (reported person) is the last mafia. Jester then blurts out that my lw is wrong because apparently he too visited him. But it was the vigilante who ousts me out, then intentionally lynches me, during which jokes around with the last mafia. He continues to find it amusing apparently till the end of the game.

    Does nothing, contributes nothing during the game, till at a crucial moment, shoots and kills marshall, then lynches Lookout, therefore losing the game for town. From his attitude, this was NOT a misplay or anything.

    EDIT: While re watching the video, HE TRIES TO KILL CONFIRMED TOWNS ALL GAME.

    Name: -Mafia- (288).SC2Replay
Views: 7
Size: 337.7 KB
  28. Replies
    2
    Views
    687

    {Permanently Banned} ►►Xenodocus 1-S2-1-10337304◄◄

    Name: Xenodocus
    Game name: Town Faggot
    ID: 1-S2-1-10337304

    Accusing him of : Game throws as Mayor, Spamming, Incredibly abusive towards other players, and extermely abusive and insulting comments.

    Please review the replay and you will see for yourself how toxic this guy is. Also claims he will simply make another account and that he already has 5.

    Name: -Mafia- (141).SC2Replay
Views: 4
Size: 359.2 KBName: -Mafia- (141).SC2Replay
Views: 4
Size: 359.2 KB
Results 1 to 28 of 36